|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
Christians respect the Constitution and respects your freedom and right to free speech.
More insight-free drivel from the hive.

Most of you become agitated and swarm at the words you don't like. You don't tolerate them any more than you have to. We both know that many Christians would like to see people like me burned alive for expressing such opinions. You're probably one of them.

And no Christian that wants to inject his religion into America's secular government respects the Constitution that forbids it.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Back in 11/13/08-

"Love in Christ wrote:
Daily Devotions:
Dear God, We thank You that You give us the strenght we need to live through each day and to face all that we must face. The greatest thing we face today is nothing in light of Your ability to do miracles in it. Strenghten us by the power of Your Spirit to stand strong and courageous in the midst of intimidating situations.
==========
Lord, when our would is shaken, help us to remember that You are unshakeable. When we feel weak, help us sense Your strenght giving us power to rise above our circumstances. When we are afraid, help us to remember to worship You in the face of it all. When we need to stand strong, help us to remember all the great things You have already done for us. May those memories provoke wholehearted praise for what You are about to do in our lives.
==========
Dear Lord, you are our shield, our protection, our rock... We rejoiceg that we have found our strenght in You.
==========
Dear God, we thank You that because we love You and have made You Lord over our life, You are our heavenly Father and we are an heir of Your kingdom. Thank You that even thought we am needy in spirit without You, we are rich and prosperous in our soul because of all You have done for us. Help us to always remember that we are Your children and we have a rich inheritance in You both now and for eternity.
=========="

Is "Love In Christ" still posting ??

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you worry yerself none sis, I don't harbor hatred like yer used ta anyways....but I do welcome any proof that I may be incorrect in my perception of truth and veracity.
That's just it BT...I don't ask for proof of what one believes nor do I try to disprove it. When it comes to belief/faith...I don't think that there is any one truth...I believe it all to be relative to the individual.

The "truth" that I experience is only relative to me...I can not expect others to have those same feelings nor do I expect them to accept my "truth" as theirs. We all experience life from our own perspective.

I read a strange little book from a far away land once...there was one sentence that has stuck in my mind..."How can you expect others to "know" when they have not experienced your experiences?".

We all want to think that what we have found is somehow "truth"...that we have solved the mysteries of life...somehow...we hold the answers. I think we do in a sense...but only for ourselves...if what we find brings us a bit of peace in an otherwise unpeaceful world. We should celebrate when one has accomplished that.

For me...what sours the deal...is when we expect others to think/believe exactly as we do...when we judge others because they have not found what we have found.

Am I misled...maybe...but I have found contentment in my beliefs...as I hope that others have that same contentment in theirs.

Besides...I like the mystery of life...sitting under the stars...contemplating it all...I am okay with not knowing..."truth". The same stars that for thousands of years...man has sat and gazed at...and tried to find "truth"...that connection to the universe.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....Love it
It might work till the teenage years.....Then the names become interesting....
:-)
That baby will have a lot of FUN with you
I sincerely hope so. That is my new goal in life.

Well, that and winding up and oversugaring him/her and handing him/her back.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
will he now redact, as usual?
I know that this is an anonymous forum and it tends to exaggerate character... I have never encountered a sane person as self=centered as this RR (Charles Manson comes to mind)
I am hoping that it is all just an act...or that he is a character being played out in Trifecta's virtual world.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Creation science should be taught along with evolutionary science.
There is no Creation science, just pseudoscience generated in the service of proselytizing Christianity's disproven myths.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Christian holidays should be celebrated as Christian holidays not "nondenominational holiday".
Feel free to do so if you like. I don't think Christian holidays are a reason to celebrate.

And if you meant publicly, as in celebrated in the schools, on public property, or with national holidays, that just your sense of Christian privilege speaking. There is nothing special about Christian beliefs. Christmas is no more important than Yom Kippur or Ramadan.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>As I thought. Theocrat terrorist wannabe.
Exactly.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
http://biblehub.com/matthew/6-6.htm
How you can not grasp that is beyond me.

That's just a figure of speech, right?

Just about every Christian chooses his preferred theology from the menu, and gives priority to the scriptures that he thinks supports his position, while declaring contradictory scripture as being no longer valid, metaphor, not applying to him, or assigning its words ad hoc meanings.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember your post about Jesus' last words being a complaint to his father about his foreskin?
"My God, why hast thou foreskinned me?"
LOL
Thanks for remembering. And welcome back to the thread.

Yeah, that god has a fetish for foreskins. I think he likes them battered and fried. http://images.wisegeek.com/fried-calamari.jpg

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

It's 10:15 and between classes.

Sucks to be you, John Coffey!

Soon I wil get 75K a year for sitting on my couch every day watching you and your family on Jerry Springer.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just a figure of speech, right?
Just about every Christian chooses his preferred theology from the menu, and gives priority to the scriptures that he thinks supports his position, while declaring contradictory scripture as being no longer valid, metaphor, not applying to him, or assigning its words ad hoc meanings.
If Jesus said "Eat your veggies."
There would be a controversy over whether he was endosing vegitarianism or cannibalizing the infirm.

Twist the Bible any way you want call everyone who disagrees with you a liar. THAT's Chrisitnaitiy.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Christians accept and believe the Torah.
Except when they don't.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the Serpent, A&E would still be slaves in YHWY's garden.
Nothing ever goes the way that god planned it. A third of the angels were a disappointment, and all of mankind as well, even following the do-over with the great drowning.

I hope he got the kinds of horses and raccoons he had in mind.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Christmas Day is a Federaly recognized holiday
That should be changed, and I'd bet the farm it will be in less than fifty years. Christians have no right to use everybody's government to promote their religion. They did it because they wanted to, and nobody could stop them at that time.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Mandatory. Mandatory Christian prayers would be nice.
But you consider forbidding prayer unjust. That's just more of your sense of Christian privilege - that you deserve special rights. You don't.

And it's why so many of us have stopped caring about what Christians want as Christians. You're simply not fair or reasonable. You want what you want, and that is as far as you think it through.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of "salvation" I will offer you this from a "non- christian".....
Men(humans) do not have "spirits" either. The "spirit" only advises the "soul"(as you relate it) when it is accommodating to the proper principles of the ALL.
Now, I am not "christian", so you may not understand what I am trying to relay to you....and I understand that.
It is not "salvation" as you put it. It is a transition to a higher level of "being"....one beyond your 3 dimensions of known actuality....and becoming one with that from which you came.
The only "torture" is the remiss one feels when he/she finds they have not achieved that level of parity, and can not be one with eternal peace.
I can only hope that you can understand what I am trying to convey.
I expect some will, and some will not....that is OK too.
I already know and have known for a long time as you shall soon find out.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Thanks for remembering. And welcome back to the thread.
Yeah, that god has a fetish for foreskins. I think he likes them battered and fried. http://images.wisegeek.com/fried-calamari.jpg
Tip Crispies! "TIP CRISPIES! Have a tip! It's not a chip or a rind!"

Brought to you by: God Snack.

VoicesInMyHead™ & Meme™ International. "Just Imagine!"

Subsidiaries of: The All Seeing«<o>»Eye, Inc.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Except when they don't.
Most Jews don't accept the Torah as "The Word of God", Christians do. Christians have a completely different interpretation of the Hebrew Scriptures than any Jew ever did.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Nothing ever goes the way that god planned it. A third of the angels were a disappointment, and all of mankind as well, even following the do-over with the great drowning.
I hope he got the kinds of horses and raccoons he had in mind.
Bible God is not only evil but a complete moron as well.

Imagine a carpenter building a crappy house then burning it down becuse he cut the lumber all wrong... then blaming the wood!

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>I am hoping that it is all just an act...or that he is a character being played out in Trifecta's virtual world.
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 566,221 - 566,240 of598,732
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

484 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min curiouslu 716,342
I'm a girl wanting other girls. 2 min CentralParkW 15
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Oxbow 529,890
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Jennifer 93,205
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min waleed sadat 114,608
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min WildWeirdWillie 171,438
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Aura Mytha 255,655
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Hidingfromyou 223,140
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr Liz 61
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••