Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#592089 Sep 16, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Those points aren't chips u know. They can't be converted into money.
What a shame.
Mental aberrations sometimes help those that are incapable of actuality and reality to deal with their situations with their environment.
One comes to realize this with some that one must deal with in the real world.

Location hidden

#592090 Sep 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it really important that we find those answers BT...will it change anything...
How do you think it will change how we live our lives...will it make us better people...will it stop the suffering of so many?
We argue about how we came in to existence...we argue about what happens after our lives are over...I don't BT...I think sometimes that we spend more time in the past and in the future than we do just living in the present.
To be honest...I don't care how I got here...not where I am going afterwards...I just want to have a good day today!
No dear...it will change everything to those that have any comprehension of the implication of it.

In the mean time...you have a good day...it is not your fault you have been misled about the ALL.
I am not so lucky as you... but I am only one entity in the cascade of destruction of actuality and truth.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#592091 Sep 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of "salvation" I will offer you this from a "non- christian".....
Men(humans) do not have "spirits" either. The "spirit" only advises the "soul"(as you relate it) when it is accommodating to the proper principles of the ALL.
Now, I am not "christian", so you may not understand what I am trying to relay to you....and I understand that.
It is not "salvation" as you put it. It is a transition to a higher level of "being"....one beyond your 3 dimensions of known actuality....and becoming one with that from which you came.
The only "torture" is the remiss one feels when he/she finds they have not achieved that level of parity, and can not be one with eternal peace.
I can only hope that you can understand what I am trying to convey.
I expect some will, and some will not....that is OK too.
I have heard done people suggest a sort of escalation in our state of consciousness and I gues it would be considered almost a spiritual evolution. And one achieves that they transcend the mortal coil.

Although you are the first person I have heard say "becoming one from that with which you came". What exactly are you saying that would be? Like a basic form if energy? It are you saying the universe provided the soul a d when someone dies the soul returns to part if the cosmos? And what if there is not the same level of parity? It it too late at that point? Or could something be done about it.

I'm going to sat upfront that I an bit asking as a seeker. But neither am I asking as a mocker. Partly because I respect you and partly because I just am naturally curious and line gearing other theories, I would like to understand yours a little better

I don't care about what you can prove or what led you to believe what you do. I'm not looking to challenge anything. Just curios as to your beliefs.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#592092 Sep 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear...it will change everything to those that have any comprehension of the implication of it.
In the mean time...you have a good day...it is not your fault you have been misled about the ALL.
I am not so lucky as you... but I am only one entity in the cascade of destruction of actuality and truth.
LOL I guess I am just a mess then.

Christians say that I am misled about God...you say that I am misled about the ALL...I am sure that there are others that believe that I am misled about something else.

You said..."it is not your fault you have been misled about the ALL"...I don't know BT...sounds as if you believe that you have the "truth"...just as others believe they have the "truth".

Either way...I guess that I am doomed...at least according to everyone else.

LIT told me once...the guys where he is going would have a hard time trying to figure out what to do with me...I might just be a bit to mouthy for them! LOL

:-)

But what if I am not...

You see BT...just like Christians don't think that they are misled...you don't think that you are misled...LIT doesn't think that he is misled...maybe I am not either.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#592093 Sep 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps one needs to inspect all the elements of the account to determine who or what was the actual deception. It appears the "serpent" was the entity that actually revealed the truth, while the "creator" withheld the whole truth of it...so who was the real "deceiver"?
Here is another thought to ponder...
Since the very earliest of known times, the "serpent" has been the symbol of knowledge/conveyance/medicine/ science, and highly revered for it's attributes.
The advent of the Hebrew culture sought to dispel all those customs and teachings of the previous thousands of years by earlier cultures, and instituted a society of fear and ignorance upon it's subjugates.
Nicely put.

God deceives us and the serpent helps us find the truth.

I like that.

Nottingham, UK

#592094 Sep 16, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...dont spill Laphroig on a polished mahogany floor.
You should try "The Peat Monster" by Compass Box.
Cheers! I'll check it out.

Nottingham, UK

#592095 Sep 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You spelled favor wrong.
:p
In my neighbourhood we prefer to colour our lives by sharing good humour.

Nottingham, UK

#592096 Sep 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What makes you assume the serpent was "put there"?
<quoted text>
So now there's two assumptions?
The first assumption is that the serpent was put there.
The second assumption is that the serpent was snuck in.
Why do you have either one of those assumptions?
Let's see now:

The myth tells us that the serpent was in the garden. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that the serpent was either put there or that it went in of its own accord.

You have a third option for how the serpent got in the garden?

Location hidden

#592097 Sep 16, 2013
Edit BT
Autocorrect mangled that

Should say..

I am not asking as a seeker nor am I asking as a mocker

And

I like hearing other theories

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#592098 Sep 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit BT
Autocorrect mangled that
Should say..
I am not asking as a seeker nor am I asking as a mocker
And
I like hearing other theories
Well...my post to him is all out of order and I can't even blame autocorrect...I just didn't pay attention to where I was adding something.

Oh well...probably made just as much sense as if I had of gotten in the right spot.

Location hidden

#592099 Sep 16, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see now:
The myth tells us that the serpent was in the garden. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that the serpent was either put there or that it went in of its own accord.
You have a third option for how the serpent got in the garden?
long time no see Khatru

I believe it's metaphorical

But setting that aside there actually is no debate. I'm not sure how the conversation got started but the Bible says:

Genesis 3

3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman,“Did God really say,‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

However if one isn't looking at it literally than the serpent could be anything from the devil to representative of man's flawed nature to temptation itself.

On a lighter note, I think it may simply be the first recorded example of woman manipulating the crap out of s guy and there never was a serpent! LOL

Just kidding:)

But yeah God created the serpent

I think the moral is that even when we have everything we need we get greedy and want more. And it also serves as an example of disobedience and what it can cost us

JMO

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#592101 Sep 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...my post to him is all out of order and I can't even blame autocorrect...I just didn't pay attention to where I was adding something.
Oh well...probably made just as much sense as if I had of gotten in the right spot.
Heh

I just mash the keypad sometimes and whatever it comes up with is good enough for me!

Nah it just looks that way!

Hey it's almost 2am. Not exactly the time for the most articulate posts. If I can string two sentences together I feel good so font beat yourself up:)

(I know you weren't)

Actually I have noticed especially on the phone the cursor seems to have a mind if its own. I think because the page isn't fully loaded and when it finishes it moves the cursor. You probably started in DVD right spot. Even on my desktop the cursor will move as the latest version of FireFox is uncharacteristically bad and has all sorts of new tabs popping up and loads like 50 cookies per page and that causes a lag that can move the cursor too. And no matter what browser, that much background crap messes stuff up

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#592102 Sep 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh
I just mash the keypad sometimes and whatever it comes up with is good enough for me!
Nah it just looks that way!
Hey it's almost 2am. Not exactly the time for the most articulate posts. If I can string two sentences together I feel good so font beat yourself up:)
(I know you weren't)
Actually I have noticed especially on the phone the cursor seems to have a mind if its own. I think because the page isn't fully loaded and when it finishes it moves the cursor. You probably started in DVD right spot. Even on my desktop the cursor will move as the latest version of FireFox is uncharacteristically bad and has all sorts of new tabs popping up and loads like 50 cookies per page and that causes a lag that can move the cursor too. And no matter what browser, that much background crap messes stuff up
I have noticed Firefox seems to do some strange things recently.

It is only 11:00 here...I don't have that excuse!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#592103 Sep 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the serpent in Genesis may be a representation of an internalized "evil" inclination that God did not yet want Adam and Eve to have.
Think about the nakedness that they just noticed after eating the fruit. Even a blind man knows when he's naked, but Adam and Eve didn't? Just like a two-year-old doesn't differentiate his private parts from his knees or his hands, they were pure and they were innocent.
On the other hand, the serpent might not be metaphorical at all...
you make many pronouncements, changing the bible as you go. I am curious as to why you know so little about it. You have yammered on and on about the "serpent in the garden" yet you have not been anywhere close to correct.

why is that?

Location hidden

#592104 Sep 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, no evidence that you have witnessed.
Now that's better.
My vocabulary is reasonably exercised, I employed the word "demonstrated" with intent, you are a coward when you change it

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#592105 Sep 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
AH! But you all are! You just don't realize it.
Perhaps someday you will.
Do you think they are going to find DNA that takes us back to anything other than our ancestors? Nah, surely not?

Location hidden

#592106 Sep 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*hurridly thumbs through the atheist handbook*
Define faith.
context?

Location hidden

#592107 Sep 16, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you make many pronouncements, changing the bible as you go. I am curious as to why you know so little about it. You have yammered on and on about the "serpent in the garden" yet you have not been anywhere close to correct.
why is that?
Could you imagine if Christianity had stopped what a personal nightmare that would have been for you? What would you have done for the last half a decade? What would you have to babble about for the rest of your life?

I mean how many kids could possibly walk across your lawn? How many fights could you pick with the TV or a mirror? How many hours a day could you shake your fist at clouds?

You better hope Christianty doesn't go anywhere! You will be back stuck in meat-space!

Location hidden

#592108 Sep 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard done people suggest a sort of escalation in our state of consciousness and I gues it would be considered almost a spiritual evolution. And one achieves that they transcend the mortal coil.
Although you are the first person I have heard say "becoming one from that with which you came". What exactly are you saying that would be? Like a basic form if energy? It are you saying the universe provided the soul a d when someone dies the soul returns to part if the cosmos? And what if there is not the same level of parity? It it too late at that point? Or could something be done about it.
I'm going to sat upfront that I an bit asking as a seeker. But neither am I asking as a mocker. Partly because I respect you and partly because I just am naturally curious and line gearing other theories, I would like to understand yours a little better
I don't care about what you can prove or what led you to believe what you do. I'm not looking to challenge anything. Just curios as to your beliefs.
Ah, You ask many questions.I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge and "our" understanding....OK?

Firstly, I don't really think it is "escalation"... but more of realization of one's essence....and yes, It is all a sort of "coil". So also is "time" and "era". I am sorry I can not explain it better at this time.(short notice).Those are both minute partitions of the realm you understand as reality in linear time...not all that exists....and they are (in part) transcendable(by definition).
Yes. It is an essence that is part and parcel of the ALL. You are only separated by your "dimension" of reality and that which you experience as an entity in the realm which you can "see" and perceive. That is all your physical entity can endure(mentally)as a reality.
Cosmos? The "cosmos" happens to be YOU, everything you know, and everything you can not ever even fathom...it is in effect the ALL.
You exist(as a biological entity) but a minuscule instant in that All, but at the very same time, are an integral part of that very all...and your very existence affects the whole of that ALL.
Therein lies the importance of understanding the duty of the parts of that ALL to do their best to assure that they do their best to assure the completion of that ALL toward perfection.
That is my philosophy ---in short.

Location hidden

#592109 Sep 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed Firefox seems to do some strange things recently.
It is only 11:00 here...I don't have that excuse!
Heh

Maybe just one of those days?

But yeah keep an eye in this new Firefox. I'm gonna run some tests on it and pull up its code and also see what I can Google. If I figure out anything useful I will let you know. I don't think it allows a rollback to previous versions although I guess you could uninstall it completely and then just find an old version. What a pain. It had been so great up till now. May go Google Chrome

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Halle Berry Sister 177,222
The Christian Atheist debate 13 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,076
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 22 min Halle Berry Sister 2,652
How To recover deleted notes on iphone 4/4S/5? (Mar '13) 24 min Gammagem 70
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Tommy 855,834
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 37 min Knock off purse s... 6,162
Domestic Slave Camps Activated 41 min Knock off purse s... 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 596,682
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr I Am No One_ 444,363
More from around the web