Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#591826 Sep 16, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Very polite of you to say shut the hell up. Another way of depriving one of sharing with those who think the same.
Scroll if you do not like the content of a issue or discussion but you hold no right to surpress freedom of speech. You must be part of the we's another poster has suggested.
What I said doesn't impair your freedom of speech at all. You may feel it does, but you're still free to speak as you like(mostly).

There are certain expressions of speech that are restricted or require permit(S) etc.. Those apply to everyone.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#591827 Sep 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, see the conceptual point being illustrated?
Hint: I'm not confrontational in my day to day life concerning religion. I don't bring it up in the line at a store. I don't place flyers under the wiper blades of cars promoting religion. I don't ask for donations for a religious cause etc...
But, I wouldn't do that anyway. I'm not religious.
Maybe the Christians here and other places feel that atheists should just keep their opinions about religion to themselves.
Welcome to the club.
Puleeze

You probably just listed your entire cumulative life experience of someone advocating religion to you

Big deal, so you had to take a flier off your car or someone said something to you in line at a supermarket. Its called tolerance. It called people sharing a planet.

There is a world of difference between that and seeking people out day after day after day for years to try to criticize what they believe

So you do the bare minimum and the once in a blue moon when something crosses your path that ideologically you have no interest in you manage not to be confrontational to someone who wasn't being confrontational to you. You think that is deserving of kudos?

And if it required any effort whatsoever or bothered you int he least, then you wouldn't come on Topix and seek Christians out to talk about the very thing you claim you don't want to be bothered with

If you can't tell the difference between what it takes to do the bare minimum to have peaceful co-existence between different people and an active, daily, negative attack then you will never get it

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#591828 Sep 16, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
The best argument for inflicting physical violence on babies is that atheists are opposed to it?
Marvellous!
Please do not drink any potassium cyanide, I implore you, don't do it dood!
you can spot the "they say" and "studies show" cult members in the supermarkets from a mile away who won't spank their children because of their religious beliefs. they're the 40+ year old couples with young children holding them hostage by throwing fits over trinkets and candy. you hear them trying to reason saying "now Grayson, you know that's not respectful behavior...etc". then they inevitably breakdown & buy their brats everything they want just to get out of there without a major scene! LOL - it never fails!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#591829 Sep 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I can handle anything you got, Eve. Can you handle mine ?
Negative: I not going to give you the chance to find out.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#591830 Sep 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh
Yeah that guy is just naturally funny
He really pushes the envelope sometimes but one of the best pure comedians out there
And even though he is normally on the uncaring side of society, he presents it in a hilarious way and where he knows he is wrong
Some comedians used to be real good at getting across a good social message (George Carlin, Dennis Leary, Bill Maher, etc) by tackling it straight on. CK normally does it through self-deprecating humor with himself as the perpetrator but he gets the point across all the same
It is bizarre how it has become common to not care at all. If anything people get annoyed assuming it is some scam. The thing that stinks is a lot of times it is.
I almost punched a guy a few days ago who was literally using like this obvious fake voice to pretend like he was in physical pain asking for money saying he's hungry. And swear to God it must be some new thing because someone else was doing it at a gas station and after asking me 3 times for a smoke I said why the hell are you talking like that and he laughed and started talking normal. But back to the story. I had taken my Dad to secretary of state to get his plates renewed. And the same guy came up to my dad FOUR times in that fake whiny voice asking for money saying he was hungry. My dad was polite but enough was enough. And the 4th time he literally grabbed my dad's arm. I was tempted to nail this guy. Don't EVER touch someone in my family. But it is people like that that ruin it for others. And it shouldn't. But it does. Its sad.
Then add to it the natural indifference, apathy, or indifference people have and its a huge problem. And some people on the street couldn't make it in a regular setting and some just had terrible luck. I hate social problems like this where you can't know who really needs the help and so many people are hurting every day
Very true....There are a lot of people out "begging" now...People are hurting

*Note to Self*....Don't talk to Steve in a fake whiny voice...:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#591833 Sep 16, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell do you want??
Watch out....LW has had it up to here>>>>>>

Love ya

Location hidden

#591834 Sep 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true....There are a lot of people out "begging" now...People are hurting
Yeah. I do what I can for the ones I think are sincere
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
*Note to Self*....Don't talk to Steve in a fake whiny voice...:-)
:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#591835 Sep 16, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL You best wake up from that dream.LOL
No you cannot put a baby in my oven.LOL
You do not have enough bullets LOL.
Besides would lead you to early grave trying.
Ya know I not on a shopping list don't ya.
oh i got shotgun barrel with buckshot alright, but i did say that i was just mess'n w/ya - LOL!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#591836 Sep 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan loves you talking like this.
satan is the smarmy "accuser of the brethren" and he's using you like a rented mule;)

Location hidden

#591837 Sep 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Puleeze
You probably just listed your entire cumulative life experience of someone advocating religion to you
Big deal, so you had to take a flier off your car or someone said something to you in line at a supermarket. Its called tolerance. It called people sharing a planet.
There is a world of difference between that and seeking people out day after day after day for years to try to criticize what they believe
So you do the bare minimum and the once in a blue moon when something crosses your path that ideologically you have no interest in you manage not to be confrontational to someone who wasn't being confrontational to you. You think that is deserving of kudos?
And if it required any effort whatsoever or bothered you int he least, then you wouldn't come on Topix and seek Christians out to talk about the very thing you claim you don't want to be bothered with
If you can't tell the difference between what it takes to do the bare minimum to have peaceful co-existence between different people and an active, daily, negative attack then you will never get it
Yet, Christians on this thread find my intrusion here on this thread objectionable.

But I should be tolerant when flyers, donation requests, and other such religious endeavors are encountered in my day to day life, according to Christians~/.

Which I am.

Thanks for further illustrating the point I made earlier.

Location hidden

#591838 Sep 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>huh?
Of course you're confronted with religion on a daily basis. You come on a internet forum every day discussing and arguing religion with other religious people.
That not obvious to you? What a small mind you have.
Points to me-only 15,000 for stating the obvious.
Your lack of reading comprehension is astounding.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#591839 Sep 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, Christians on this thread find my intrusion here on this thread objectionable.
Name the Christians on the forum that objects to you exercising your right to free speech in criticizing religion.

Points-180,000 for value of question.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#591840 Sep 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you lie?
You don't need a $100,000 deposit at ALL times
You also don't need constant $2000 a month income
You also don't need both, even if you were truthful, which you weren't
All you need is to have made $14,400 in 6 months and you can retire to Mexico
Iansy, how many pants are you going to lose through fire before you man up? I mean, its not like you can commit insurance fraud over there and get them replaced
~snicker
Did you find some information in the link this time, Dimwit? It was right there in front of you.

< smirk >

And as usual, you are wrong about the what you read, Mangler. Quelle surprise. I know what the immigration requirements are first hand. We were just at our bank two weeks ago getting our notarized bank statements to verify our savings in order to renew our visas as we have every year since our arrival.

[1] The Dimwit wrote: "You don't need a $100,000 deposit at ALL times"

From the link:

"Provide 12 months of original bank or investment account statements (plus copies) as proof savings/investments, to show minimum Average Monthly Balance amounts equivalent to twenty thousand days of the general minimum wage in the District Federal for the previous twelve months ...$1,295,200 MXN pesos ... about $100,000 USD ... at $13:1 MXN:USD"

[2] Dimwit wrote: "All you need is to have made $14,400 in 6 months and you can retire to Mexico"

From the link:

"Have minimum pension or salary deposits/income that is the equivalent of four hundred days worth of the current minimum wage in the Federal District, for each of the previous six months – with original and copies of original bank statement for one Residente Temporal (IANS: temporary resident visa). Current 2013 DF general minimum wages of $64.76 MXN pesos per day (IANS: DF is District Federal, their version of DC, where Mexico City is), converted at the current exchange rate of 13.00 pesos to US dollars, for 400 days of wages: About $2,000 USD (exactly $25,904 pesos)"

That's not your last six months before retirement, either, Dimwit. You need to generate that much indefinitely for as long as you live here - each, in the case of two people needing two visas - and it would be very difficult to earn that here, especially for an unskilled menial like you. You would need a source of income independent of labor. Even people with Social Security - average being benefit about $1200/mo for one and $1000/mo each for two - don't have a sufficient income stream without something else supplementing it.

So, despite your bigoted comments, Mexico wouldn't accept you. Don't even think about it. You're considered indigent here. You´ll need to stay in Detroit and keep working.

I promise to mention you and your enviable first world life during our lakeside dinner tonight with friends. It's an amazing venue - outdoors, but covered, with mountains and lake everywhere, the view of which under the setting sun are breathtaking. I'll explain to the others who you are, how I know about you, what you've said, the circumstances of your life, and then make a toast and click glasses "to third world living." They will be laughing at you.

Location hidden

#591841 Sep 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
But I should be tolerant when flyers, donation requests, and other such religious endeavors are encountered in my day to day life, according to Christians~/.
Which I am.
Thanks for further illustrating the point I made earlier.
Like i said

You don't get it

You are not smart enough to realize the difference between a couple of random non-confrontational interactions meant to be positive over the course of a lifetime compared to seeking out people daily who believe differently just to be negative and insulting

Or you are and are just dishonest

Either way

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#591842 Sep 16, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative; There is no such thing as you and me.
Sure there is. <wink>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#591843 Sep 16, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative: I not going to give you the chance to find out.
You are just saying that because we are a couple thousand miles apart.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#591845 Sep 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out....LW has had it up to here>>>>>>
Love ya
Don't look at me! I have never been to New Mexico.

Location hidden

#591846 Sep 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Name the Christians on the forum that objects to you exercising your right to free speech in criticizing religion.
Points-180,000 for value of question.
Any Christian that mentions they feel I shouldn't be here and criticize or scrutinize their religious beliefs - if I don't have the theistic belief their deity exists - is objecting to my presence here.

It's pretty simple.

Location hidden

#591847 Sep 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you find some information in the link this time, Dimwit? It was right there in front of you.
< smirk >
And as usual, you are wrong about the what you read, Mangler. Quelle surprise. I know what the immigration requirements are first hand. We were just at our bank two weeks ago getting our notarized bank statements to verify our savings in order to renew our visas as we have every year since our arrival.
[1] The Dimwit wrote: "You don't need a $100,000 deposit at ALL times"
From the link:
"Provide 12 months of original bank or investment account statements (plus copies) as proof savings/investments, to show minimum Average Monthly Balance amounts equivalent to twenty thousand days of the general minimum wage in the District Federal for the previous twelve months ...$1,295,200 MXN pesos ... about $100,000 USD ... at $13:1 MXN:USD"
[2] Dimwit wrote: "All you need is to have made $14,400 in 6 months and you can retire to Mexico"
From the link:
"Have minimum pension or salary deposits/income that is the equivalent of four hundred days worth of the current minimum wage in the Federal District, for each of the previous six months – with original and copies of original bank statement for one Residente Temporal (IANS: temporary resident visa). Current 2013 DF general minimum wages of $64.76 MXN pesos per day (IANS: DF is District Federal, their version of DC, where Mexico City is), converted at the current exchange rate of 13.00 pesos to US dollars, for 400 days of wages: About $2,000 USD (exactly $25,904 pesos)"
That's not your last six months before retirement, either, Dimwit. You need to generate that much indefinitely for as long as you live here - each, in the case of two people needing two visas - and it would be very difficult to earn that here, especially for an unskilled menial like you. You would need a source of income independent of labor. Even people with Social Security - average being benefit about $1200/mo for one and $1000/mo each for two - don't have a sufficient income stream without something else supplementing it.
So, despite your bigoted comments, Mexico wouldn't accept you. Don't even think about it. You're considered indigent here. You´ll need to stay in Detroit and keep working.
I promise to mention you and your enviable first world life during our lakeside dinner tonight with friends. It's an amazing venue - outdoors, but covered, with mountains and lake everywhere, the view of which under the setting sun are breathtaking. I'll explain to the others who you are, how I know about you, what you've said, the circumstances of your life, and then make a toast and click glasses "to third world living." They will be laughing at you.
You are lying

It is NOT a deposit at all times like you said. It is simply ONE of the MANY possible choices and its not a deposit. It is showing you have that in net worth. But you also can get a visa by merely making $2500 for 6 months in a row and showing proof

And yeah, talk about your third world country all you want dreamer!

You got it made! No third world country is too good for you

~snicker

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#591848 Sep 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lack of reading comprehension is astounding.
My comprehension is astounding? You the one can't comprehend what you wrote Duncehead. This is what you wrote:

"Hint: I'm not confrontational in my day to day life concerning religion."

Yes you are. You using your made up internet persona to come on this billboard daily to argue and debate religious issues [IS being confrontational in your day to day life concerning religion]. And you in return get confronted back about your beliefs.

That obvious and should be obvious to anyone with even a bit of basic intellect.

How that not obvious to you I can only assert it's due to your having a pea size brain due to your "beliefs".

Points to me- 165,000 for my writing. Zero points to me for your response due to your utter stark confusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 32 min Bongo 92,755
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min Michael 667,948
God has.......A-L-W-A-Y-S?!?!......EXISTED???!!! 1 hr Defeated Atheism 11
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Defeated Atheism 979,478
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 1 hr Mr About Town 8
Did O.J. toss murder into a Brentwood street g... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 27
The REAL TRUTH about TWA Flight 800 (Dec '15) 2 hr Doctor REALITY 11
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Brian_G 286,095
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web