Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#591587 Sep 15, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. You were talking about your deity.
The Bible said I am a God and a Son of God. Just like Jesus.
Sorry, it was only talking to the men, women aren't Gods. Eve screwed it up for you.
No Ben we not talking about what you label my deity.
No Ben we not talking about you being a God nor Son of God.
No Ben not talking about just like Jesus.
No Ben Eve did not screw it up.

Now once more we talking about you and God.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#591588 Sep 15, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
And you're playing a semantic game. "Creation science" is not science. It's a religious group of people misusing the word science.
You are likewise abusing the word for your semantic games. "Creation science" and "science" are unrelated terms.
However, the "religion" part of the pairs "Christian religion" and "Buddhist religion" are identical.
So you are distracting through argument fallacy because you cannot face my argument otherwise.
It's ok. I'm a girl and I'm much better than you, a man, at this. And it has nothing to do with gender. It's my time spent educating myself. And I'm not making an elitist point - I'm sure you could build a table more precisely. That's how you spent your time (or building houses).
Just as you don't expect me to compete with you on building, I don't expect you to compete with me in debate.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Red herring.
RR: My analogy is based on your comment that if I believe in one religion's miracles, I "have to" believe in all religion's miracles.
Hiding: Creation science isn't science.
2nd red herring.
RR: My analogy is based on your comment that if I believe in one religion's miracles, I "have to" believe in all religion's miracles.
Hiding: You can't debate with an elitist like me.
---
Why can't you focus on the post that I posted?
Why can't you focused on that one, single topic?
Here, in simple for you. These are religions:

Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism.

Do you disagree with this? If so, state why.

This is not a science: Creation science.

Not only was it deemed religion by your courts, it contributes nothing to new knowledge and technology. It does not use the scientific method. No scientist cares what "creation scientists" think because "creation science" is fundamentally a religious proposition, it's core from the religion Christianity.

So, when I say "since all religions have equal evidence for their miracles, if you accept any one religions, you logically have to accept all."

Your argument is "oh, yeah, well Creation science has the word "science" in the title, so you have to accept it, too, then."

Except that "Creation science" isn't a science. It's a religious proposition. So...no, my laughter at your claim here is not a red herring. It's me pointing out to you how you are using a semantic argument. You are purposefully relying on an incorrect definition - the misuse of the word "science" - as a key foundation for your argument.

Hence, your argument fails. Additionally, your claims of red herrings above become mere distractions.

When you argue like this, when you choose to play semantic games instead of address the core discussion, it weakens your position. It's impossible to take someone seriously is this is what they produce for argument.

Now, there are two ways you can overcome your roadblock. You can produce a brilliant argument that demonstrates "Creation science" is, in fact, science. And, if you could do so, you'd instantly be the smartest person the USA and you'd be given the Templeton Foundation's 2 million dollar prize. So it's in your best interests to do that.

Please keep in mind that no end of lawyers and actual "creation science" people have been able to do this. They were utterly and totally destroyed in court - in every court they've made an appearance, and no scientist at all takes their claims seriously. Remember? Science is elitist. It's gated. You have to first "pass" as a scientist, and produce credible, honest research, to make the grade.

Second, you could demonstrate that other religions do not have equal evidence to your own. Again, if you did this, you'd be the smartest person in the world. Many have tried, none have been successful (and it doesn't matter the religion; all have tried).

Good luck.

Some stable somewhere

#591589 Sep 15, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I have pretty well left this site in the past few months, as another online interest has taken my time, to which I have become addicted (karaoke singing), and also the main reason for my continuing here seems to have lessened her interest from being the most rabid poster for about 5 years to posting only infrequently.
Hi Boooots! Nice to see you! Good post!

Karaoke is fun :)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#591590 Sep 15, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
No Ben we not talking about what you label my deity.
No Ben we not talking about you being a God nor Son of God.
No Ben not talking about just like Jesus.
No Ben Eve did not screw it up.
Now once more we talking about you and God.
What does my Father have to do with you, woman ?

Eve did nothing wrong ?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#591591 Sep 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
My brain could continue bitch-slapping you around this thread with one cerebral hemisphere tied to its cerebellum.
LOL

Your entire existence is trying to pretend you are things you are not

You are not trying to affect social change. You are a troll that comes to the same place and posts the same things over and over again because you need the validation

You are a coward in real life and admitted you would never talk to people in real life how you do online. But online you tell yourself you are kicking nads and bitch-slapping people!

You try to glamorize living in a third world country

You say things like 'chicken on a stick" to pretend faith is such a foreign concept to you despite becoming a Christian as an adult.

Everything you can't be in "meat-space" is what you pretend to be online. Science takes after you. You are part of a tidal wave against Christianity. Etc, etc. You play make-believe every day. The fantasies are your coping mechanisms.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#591592 Sep 15, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's 11:23 EDT. Do you know why you're a fuckweasel yet?
He works real hard at it.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#591593 Sep 15, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'm sorry. When exactly did he tell us that?
Was I changing my tampon in the bathroom and cursing the Eve for cursing me at the time that He told us that?
Probably; it sounds like something you would do!!

#591594 Sep 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But, but, but.....
The evidence!
Lol
Yep, yep, yep.... we have a saying down here "The proof is in the pudding" but in this case, the proof was in the bush with the beautiful white flowers adorning it :)

#591595 Sep 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Redneck, basically:
A glorious absence of sophistication.
Yeah ~ we used to have that glorious sense of innocence down here... but, we are progressing, sad to say :(

Some stable somewhere

#591596 Sep 15, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Or choice four:
We realize God gave us a perfect place, Eden. Adam and Eve messed that up with not doing what they should have done, as we would have done in one way or another. He knew we would but he did not make us do it. When Adam and Eve made the choice to do what God said not to do all kind of woes became possible for us.
I can’t speak for God, His reasons are His reasons. But I think that to be all we can be and what God has planned us to be we need to know about right and wrong and choose to reject wrong or try to, to get there. If He had wanted robots he would have made robots. He made us because he wanted us to be able to choose to do what is right not be made to choose it. He made it possible for us to choose rather than for our choices to be made for us.
I don’t know about anyone else but I would not choose a robot that is made to love me over my imperfect Husband, or any one else for that matter, that just loves me all by his/their own feelings.
Sure sense we messed up living in Eden we need to improve medical science. God gave us the means to do that too.
God did not mess things up for us we did. He gave us choice and He does not make those choices for us. That is our job.
HFN
Wow. So your choice 4 is that God is the ultimate bigot. He chooses to judge an entire species on the basis of two people's actions.

First, I don't believe in your religion. We're discussing the illogical, irrational position of your belief system.

So, if we look at this fantasy, we have to assume that your deity has the worst moral system possible. It not only Created humans to be "sinful," it's angry that they are actually sinful - "created sick, commanded to heal" without being possible and then subsequently each person born after, well after the fact, every last one of us who had absolutely nothing to do with Adam and Eve's choices, are damned.

Which makes your ultimate argument "little children suffer and die because of an event that happened so far in the remote past, it's only connected to because the deity who Created us Knowing that event would happen is still angry and bitter over it."

And you really believe this stuff??? It's about the most repulsive excuse I can imagine for the suffering of children. Not only does it not make sense (a perfectly moral deity wouldn't punish an entire people for the actions of only two, especially since it created those two people knowing they would do that), it cannot offer guidance to deal with the very real problems the world is facing. It cannot even offer moral guidance - the only thing that story says is "you were born sinful because Adam and Eve disobeyed. Better love God now!"

The story of Prometheus is much better.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#591597 Sep 15, 2013
I hereby declare myself to be The Messiah, the Son of God and salvation for all those who believe in me. Everyone else will be tortured in Hell for eternity.

It is written! It must be so!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#591598 Sep 15, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, yep, yep.... we have a saying down here "The proof is in the pudding" but in this case, the proof was in the bush with the beautiful white flowers adorning it :)
Skype me so I can verify this beautiful bush of yours.

Flowers are optional.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#591599 Sep 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is the enemy of science. It has never contributed to it, while undermining trust in and understanding of it, more of the burden imposed upon society by the church.
Yet you were indifferent to it until joining Topix

Funny how the timing on that worked out!

If Christianity was all the bad things you say, you would have been fighting it for decades. But you were indifferent to it until you needed to pretend to be an opponent of it online to get the reassurance your ego desperately craves

How could you have been indifferent to such a horrible thing for society all those years?

You are playing make-believe

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#591600 Sep 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You literally live in a third world country!
You desperately need to convince yourself I live in Detroit, don't make 70-80k with full benefits and profit sharing and a matching 401k, and have great friends, family, and a girl because it helps you cope with your meat-space reality. Yet I have all those things and more
It's probably why I don't make up my own constitution and lie about getting emails and spend years obsessing about what other people believe in a different country. It's also why you can't understand why I am not even the least bit interested in taking your quizzes. And that would be the case even if you weren't a bigot and a liar.
If you were happy with your life you wouldn't troll. You wouldn't come up with delusions of grandeur for why you are here. You wouldn't need to lie about some message that if you really wanted to get out you wouldn't be in the same rooms year after year.
You couldn't afford to live in America. In the prime of your practice you had to commit insurance fraud to pay your bills. And no amount of denial, spin, or fantasy will change the fact that having to move to a third world country to survive makes you a failure
Evening Skom.

It's funny to watch the Orderly squirm as his delusions unravel right before all of our eyes.

Did you watch the Lions game today? Couldn't get it down here. Tough one to lose. What do you here about Reggie Bush? I heard he got hurt. Hope it's not going to be another one of those up and down seasons for them.

Looks like the Tigers have pretty much wrapped up the Central Division. Now it's just a matter of seeing what their final record is and if they can grab the top seed.

I'm going to see the Moody Blues on October 1st. Small venue with great acoustics, so it should be a great show.

Have a good one. God bless.

Some stable somewhere

#591601 Sep 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
He was asked if there's such a thing as racism against whites and he quickly said no.
That is outright false. Not a single person wrote that on here. Claiming that, aside from being dishonest, is to paint someone in a bad light - and the light is entirely of your construction.

You're trying to defame his character. And, weakly - all the posts are permanent. Anyone can look up what the other person said.

So this ultimately defames your character. Once again showing your dishonesty.

You have two choices: present the post where he said that or apologize for your mistake.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#591602 Sep 15, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
What does my Father have to do with you, woman ?
Eve did nothing wrong ?
We not talking about your father either.
We not talking about Eve either.
We are talking about you and God.

I give you a clue what are you and God together?????

“"None shall pass"”

There

#591603 Sep 15, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The story of Prometheus is much better.
The Gospel of Mark IS the Myth of Prometheus.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#591604 Sep 15, 2013
*hear about Reggie not here*

“"None shall pass"”

There

#591605 Sep 15, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah ~ we used to have that glorious sense of innocence down here... but, we are progressing, sad to say :(
Innocence ? A nation descended from criminals ?

ROFLMAO

The glorious past of Devil's Island!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#591606 Sep 15, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
We not talking about your father either.
We not talking about Eve either.
We are talking about you and God.
I give you a clue what are you and God together?????
I am a God. You are just a silly woman.

The Bible said so!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Quirky 15,230
Venting Against FAKE Americans 43 min Mint Julep 3
JakeDover34 Add me on snap!! 2 hr Jakedover34 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Aura Mytha 983,023
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Student 46,264
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Michael 683,541
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 6 hr Doctor REALITY 5
More from around the web