Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#590583 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, you can talk about racism & misogyny all you want, those aren't beliefs.
You're incorrect here. Both racism and misogyny are beliefs. They can also be practices.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#590584 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, you can talk about racism & misogyny all you want, those aren't beliefs.
Sure they are beliefs.

Some people a belief it's okay. <<You're one of those people.

Others don't. << That's where I'm at.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#590585 Sep 14, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, sex is a good thing. Its normal and healthy........
when you stop to have day dreams,and go on reteirment,or just die?

sex is precious with husband and wife,
not like HFY f....s everyday with different punks,or use AAA batery male d... to penetrate his/her gay or lesbian hole,

even animals make sex only during their seasons,

those earthly immoral huren(elitists,lucky sperm Socitey dung,or class of rulers but scums,dirt, filth and supporter like you
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#590586 Sep 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

I hate to break this to you, but your religious lens is not an objective one. It's quite subjective, and therefore not revealing.
Have you tried asking atheists why they write on these threads? Or listening to IANS when he describes why he writes here - he's only written the explanation like 200 times or more. Maybe 10 times to me, since I keep asking him.
your hates are lees worthy from any bull farts,or pile of horse dung left behind farmer sheed house-full of maggots

IANS is coucious to not be defeated dealing with red Korean scum like you
IANS is not your friend

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#590587 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't my point.
Atheists seem to incessantly argue that which they claim to not believe in.
They call it "intriguing".
I don't buy it.
I say that an atheist that's always areguing about God and/or the Bible is a closet theist.
It has been asked hundreds of times...Why would someone that is not Christian want to talk about Christianity/God. It always surprises me that someone wouldn't know the answer to that question.

I'll turn the question around...Why do Christians have so much to say about us "little heathens"? You guys have a whole book (well...a good portion of it) dedicated to talking about us.

Here's the thing RR...

You are on a thread that the topic is Christianity. I rarely read you discussing scripture with other Christians. I rarely read anything from you that is biblical.

Instead...you spend most of your time talking to us "little heathens".(I know...I know...we are a fun bunch of people) So why would you come to this thread if you aren't going to share your faith with your "brothers and sisters".

I have explained why I am here before...I am sure that any of us "lh"s would explain it to you and others...again. Why don't you ask instead of coming up with your own answers...not that any of you would believe us anyway.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#590588 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative.
Who do you suppose God was talking TO and ABOUT when He said;
"Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness"
The Sumerian Pantheon of the writers of Genesis AKA Elohim..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#590589 Sep 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Seriously?
What if I asked you when Bill Clinton gave his last speech as president? Would your answer be that he didn't give his last speech as president? What if I asked you when Nolan Ryan threw his last no-hitter as an Angel? Would your answer be that he didn't throw his last no-hitter as an Angel?
You seem to struggle with all things linguistic. You just don't seem to understand what words mean. Your mind mangles them in the processing.
If you understood that, you wouldn't use the word liar so much. It's how our feud began. You just kept using that word with me unfairly. I tried for weeks to work with you, but you just got more hostile and irrational, claiming that I was lying about that, claiming that I had written something that I would deny writing.
I would insist that you produce the quote and link, but you would usually refuse to do so, instead claiming that everybody saw it and you don't need to, apparently unaware that whatever it is that you think everybody saw doesn't say what you claim it does.
If you knew yourself better, you'd fare better in life. I told you that I could help you be a better person, and I'm going to give you a valuable tip for free now: You should NEVER be dogmatic in any claim about what any words you read mean. You should realize your problem, and ALWAYS be at least a little deferential when another person claims that you misunderstood them, because it is EXTREMELY likely that they are correct.
But you won't take that advice, will you? That's another of your faults.
You have kept reading

It showed what a blatant liar you are

In fact you changed many of your answers to the exact ones I gave you.

I just didn't notice at first you also changed the questions while still claiming i got the answer wrong

And btw, what does you quitting music have to do with your desperate need for validation on the Internet?

Do you think you were gonna be packing the houses in Mexico with tons of fans but because you stopped playing it shows you don't need validation? Everything you do online shows otherwise. You post the same lists over and over again, you make up friends emailing you, just to have excuses to do so, just fishing for validation. You wouldn't come here every day and make Christianity, something you didn't even care about until you got online and saw their was a market to be praised for siding against it, your daily obsession if you didn't want validation

Now I simply said a nice thing about your wife based on what I was told, assuming it meant she still plays. You wanted to use that post to discuss other things, so that's what I did

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#590590 Sep 14, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been asked hundreds of times...Why would someone that is not Christian want to talk about Christianity/God. It always surprises me that someone wouldn't know the answer to that question.
I'll turn the question around...Why do Christians have so much to say about us "little heathens"? You guys have a whole book (well...a good portion of it) dedicated to talking about us.
Here's the thing RR...
You are on a thread that the topic is Christianity. I rarely read you discussing scripture with other Christians. I rarely read anything from you that is biblical.
Instead...you spend most of your time talking to us "little heathens".(I know...I know...we are a fun bunch of people) So why would you come to this thread if you aren't going to share your faith with your "brothers and sisters".
I have explained why I am here before...I am sure that any of us "lh"s would explain it to you and others...again. Why don't you ask instead of coming up with your own answers...not that any of you would believe us anyway.
Annie...come on

Even you RARELY ever ask a question that doesn't attempt to shed Christianity is a poor light

But at least with you, you are willing to have reasonable conversations. Sometimes it may even be a completely fair question you asked. And you don't stereotype. Although you do seem to regularly ask Christians why they don't hold other adults accountable that they don't know and have no control over when it wasn't for a lack of initial trying but a lack of results is why people stop. Or ask why Christians don't stand up for moral reasons when I don't see you asking why atheists don't stand up for moral reasons, especially when they are in here purporting to have better morals than Christians. But you also have admitted there are parts of the Bible you find beautiful and still keep close to your heart today and you do personally seem to call behavior as equally as you can

So my point i guess it that I think you try to do the right thing, which is appreciated, but even you are biased

Others come here for no other reason than to troll and bash the faith

And I think you know asking them is pointless and they will never own up to it, no matter how obvious it is

But Christians in here talk about "little heathens" in response about 99% of the time. If atheists were not in here, no way are people sitting around in here bashing atheism. Heck, people still rarely say a word about it now despite the concerted effort to bash the faith

You also aren't claiming you are sick of Christians trying to force their faith on you and then coming online and badgering Christians at times to talk about their faith and making their faith your number one topic of conversation. Many others however do exactly that, which shows the validity of their earlier claims of oppression.

I doubt most people, even with the bias you have (although not a huge bias imo) would have any issue with what you do. heck if we couldn't handle that level of criticism politely that would be our problem. But almost all that come here to question or criticize, also come here to bash and troll. That's just a fact.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#590591 Sep 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That would explain your misunderstanding with regards to the relationship between plants and people.
It explains Serah's quite well.
Have you ever thought of addressing your ignorance of matters biological by simply reading about the discipline and theoretical framework? Don't you think that would improve your ability to:
1) understand your deity, since you believe it created everything through long term planning and life outside the universe
2) argue better with nonbelievers or, at least, understand their positions
What are you getting at? You asked me if I know what a gene is and I told you. It's heredity thing with DNA and stuff. That may be a simplistic, elementary definition of it, but it's still true.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#590592 Sep 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Scar was using the FSM to make fun of religious belief.
You can say whatever you want. Two comments:
1. You're not a psychologist. Your opinion isn't based on a deep understanding of people's inner motivations, and you aren't taking these into account.
2. You're just claiming that because you are a believer who "knows" that your religion is "the one true one." So the only way you can interpret atheism is through your religious lens.
I hate to break this to you, but your religious lens is not an objective one. It's quite subjective, and therefore not revealing.
Have you tried asking atheists why they write on these threads? Or listening to IANS when he describes why he writes here - he's only written the explanation like 200 times or more. Maybe 10 times to me, since I keep asking him.
1. One need not be a psychologist to form an opinion.

2. Wrong. I don't interpret atheism thru my religion. I don't form my opinion about steak based on my religion, either.

I hate to break this to you, but your non-religious lens is not an objective one, either.
Lost In Transition

United States

#590593 Sep 14, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, sex is a good thing. Its normal and healthy........
And worth every penny.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#590594 Sep 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Celibacy is good for children and anyone "under the age" of consent.
Otherwise, it's stupid.
:)
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, sex is a good thing. Its normal and healthy........
I disagree. Celibacy is a personal choice. How can it be stupid?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#590595 Sep 14, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been asked hundreds of times...Why would someone that is not Christian want to talk about Christianity/God. It always surprises me that someone wouldn't know the answer to that question.
I'll turn the question around...Why do Christians have so much to say about us "little heathens"? You guys have a whole book (well...a good portion of it) dedicated to talking about us.
Here's the thing RR...
You are on a thread that the topic is Christianity. I rarely read you discussing scripture with other Christians. I rarely read anything from you that is biblical.
Instead...you spend most of your time talking to us "little heathens".(I know...I know...we are a fun bunch of people) So why would you come to this thread if you aren't going to share your faith with your "brothers and sisters".
I have explained why I am here before...I am sure that any of us "lh"s would explain it to you and others...again. Why don't you ask instead of coming up with your own answers...not that any of you would believe us anyway.
I came here because the Abrahamic religions are a historical and anthropological mystery.
I came to find a profound message in the teachings of Jesus and have had difficulty keeping the two inquiries separate.

I am perhaps seen as worse than atheists, A Heretic. Free thinking outside the doctrines of "A Church" is seen as the biggest threat to their beliefs. It is the main reason for 1700 years of murder in Jesus name.

The peculiarity to me is that people secure in their beliefs would NOT be threatened or even care about what anyone else believes.
I think it ties into the same mind set regarding homosexuality.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#590596 Sep 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit
You changed you quiz from Jesus' last words to his last words on the Cross after I corrected you on the first quiz Tsk tsk
Yes I did change the wording - to clear up the ambiguity present when I first prepared the quiz.

The exact question I asked you the first time was "[1] What were Jesus' very last words?" Your answer was, "1) Acts 1-8 about waiting for the Holy Spirit. Don't have time to post whole verse"

I graded you on the cross interpretation, which is the commonest understanding of what that question asks. If you Google "what were Jesus last words," most of the answers are his last words on the cross: https://www.google.com.mx/...

As for you correcting me, hardly. You're still wrong. If one doesn't assume that the question refers to Jesus' last words before his death, then the answer is that Jesus has no last words. According to the bible, he is an immortal.

What about your answer? You apparently answered the question, "What were Jesus' last words on earth before his ascent," a question not asked, so you are incorrect on that basis.

And you answered the question not asked incompletely by giving a citation, not the words, giving the citation incorrectly - Act 1-8 means the first eight books of Acts, not Acts1:8, and as is usual for you, mangling what that scripture actually said. There is no reference to waiting in it. How many ways can you be wrong on one question?

But it's still not the end of your fail. Despite correcting that ambiguity when I asked the question again, you still got it wrong - again. Even when I was crystal clear about which words I was referring to, answered incorrectly.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#590597 Sep 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're incorrect here. Both racism and misogyny are beliefs. They can also be practices.
I'll concede that racism could be considered a belief, but not misogyny.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#590598 Sep 14, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with a family of deities.
There are family of deities all over... For me, I'm talking as it relates to the Bible. For example:

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." Deut 6:4

I'm amazed that the Jews, with the understanding of monotheism, left the word "God" in the Torah it's plural form (in it's original language). The "One" mentioned in the verse above is as our own number... but in this sense of "coalescence" there. Like a family. Not to mention the earlier plurality verse in Genesis that I mentioned earlier which the Hebrews left in there... "Let US make man(kind) in OUR image..."

Another one, "For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh." Genesis 2:24

Some other examples of "one"... One community, One nation, One Body (of Christ)... though "one" is used in those examples it is talking in a plural sense about unification.
Lost In Transition

United States

#590599 Sep 14, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I was thinking this morning about how some believe that simply because I do not share your faith that...I am your enemy.
I was thinking that the bass have begun moving to deeper water.
Silly me, eh.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#590600 Sep 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did change the wording - to clear up the ambiguity present when I first prepared the quiz.
The exact question I asked you the first time was "[1] What were Jesus' very last words?" Your answer was, "1) Acts 1-8 about waiting for the Holy Spirit. Don't have time to post whole verse"
I graded you on the cross interpretation, which is the commonest understanding of what that question asks. If you Google "what were Jesus last words," most of the answers are his last words on the cross: https://www.google.com.mx/...
As for you correcting me, hardly. You're still wrong. If one doesn't assume that the question refers to Jesus' last words before his death, then the answer is that Jesus has no last words. According to the bible, he is an immortal.
What about your answer? You apparently answered the question, "What were Jesus' last words on earth before his ascent," a question not asked, so you are incorrect on that basis.
And you answered the question not asked incompletely by giving a citation, not the words, giving the citation incorrectly - Act 1-8 means the first eight books of Acts, not Acts1:8, and as is usual for you, mangling what that scripture actually said. There is no reference to waiting in it. How many ways can you be wrong on one question?
But it's still not the end of your fail. Despite correcting that ambiguity when I asked the question again, you still got it wrong - again. Even when I was crystal clear about which words I was referring to, answered incorrectly.
Of course, that was only the first of seven questions. You also got the next six incorrect, and fled from the next five.
Your claim of any biblical expertise is as shattered as the rest of your reputation. Juice, who makes no such claim, outscored you anyway.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#590601 Sep 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
.... If one doesn't assume that the question refers to Jesus' last words before his death, then the answer is that Jesus has no last words. According to the bible, he is an immortal......
One could at least postulate the "future" words of Jesus in Revelation.

However, most people understand "Jesus last words" as those on the cross. It is reasonable to assume that a man's word just before he died as his "last words". The "resurrected Jesus" is religion, mythology and superstition.

"I saw Elvis and Morrison at the Mall last night."

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#590602 Sep 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you see it as you state in your first line, as I question and criticize it also....in a reasonable manner...but I think you already know that.
Every institution and religion should be open to criticism, including Christianity. Because every institution and religion is made up of people that are imperfect and make mistakes. But to assess claims to any institution or religion that is not true, those of that institution or religion should not be shy about saying No, that is not true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do women think men with blue eyes are more attr... (Dec '08) 1 min PotionSquirts5626 85
Some Preachers Are Liars & Not REAL PREACHERS 4 min truth 3
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 5 min Lux6996 223,174
Liberals say INCEST marriage is okay 10 min Lickz8951 8
The Future of Politics in America 11 min truth 305
New Orleans Mayor Sorry for WTC Remark (Aug '06) 16 min Johnny _The_Spike... 28
Hook Your Ex - Hook Your Ex System Does Steve P... (Jul '14) 18 min Babes1197 4
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 25 min It aint necessari... 695
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min truth 977,505
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 44 min Aura Mytha 88,488
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 284,692
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Seentheotherside 665,588
More from around the web