Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#590458 Sep 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ians does not need my assistance
I was pointing to your christianity
But you think Christianity is evil and immoral

So why would you be upset if you thought I wasn't following it?

Besides if I were to attack his character, it wouldn't be for singing "My Milkshake" to himself under the covers!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#590459 Sep 14, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Hey there.....Whaz Happenin?
“When given a choice of being right or being kind,
choose kind.”
~ Wayne Dyer
Thought for the day
I forgot your birthday, Epi.

I'm sorry. Happy belated birthday.

In my defense; I'm not quite sane.

I didn't really need to tell you that, did I?

Location hidden

#590460 Sep 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
They're very good Skom. IANS shared some music with me.
I was impressed and I'm a musician. They're very accomplished. Mrs. AINS has a wonderful voice.
More power to her then

A lot of people abandon their musical pursuits when they get older

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#590461 Sep 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
I don't know Francis Crick
Jesus.

He's one of the most famous scientists of the twentieth century. The story of the unraveling of the double helix is one of the most thrilling of the twentieth century.

And you argue science at times, even mocking its pronouncements.

As I've said before, it's not the ignorance that is so objectionable. It's the hubris of arguing and mocking from that ignorance. Virtually nobody else does that except Christians. See [2] below:

Bad Ideas Taught To Christians By The Church

[1] Christian misanthropy (man does mostly harm)
[2] Christian antiscientism (don't believe or trust scientists)
[3] Christian anti-intellectuali sm (the wise are fools)
[4] Christian misogyny (the war on reproductive freedom)
[5] Christian atheophobia (unbelievers are morally unfit and infested with demons)
[6] Christian homophobia
[7] Christian infantilizing (self-actualizatio n is arrogant pride, submission and obedience are good)
[8] Christian sexual guilt (shame on you!)
[9] Christian psychological terrorism (threats of eternal torture)
[10] Christian alienation ("the world" is bad, you don't belong there)
[11] Christian self-loathing (you are spirit trapped in vile flesh)
[12] Christian easy self-forgiveness
[13] Christian anhedonia (pleasure is bad)[14] Christian slave ethics (be meek, submit)

Location hidden

#590462 Sep 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I guess that I don't understand. Tap what?
I can work with that.

Have you ever met a girl that you really like and you don't really know her but you like her and she likes you and eventually you end up kissing and BANG. Your teeth clack together.

So you pull back, look at each other, turn your heads the other way and BANG. Your teeth clack together.

She doesn't know how you kiss and you don't know how she does. It's not universal, ya know? You find a compromise. You adapt. You two ways one.

I'm sorry, what was your question?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#590463 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It said 8 months.
But that's your opinion and whoever wrote that blog thing.
My opinion differs.
But I know we both agree that as long as the child is in no danger and the parent does not discipline in anger, whatever their choice of discipline is satisfactory.
FYI...There is a study of parenting being done at Emory University that Men with smaller testicles are more involved in bringing up the baby.

No comment is necessary....:-)

Location hidden

#590464 Sep 14, 2013
QUIZ ANSWERS
[1] What were Jesus' very last words on the cross?
There are contradictory answers.
John (19:30) says that Jesus' final utterance was,“It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." - John. Luke (23:46) says it was,“Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last."
This is just one of the reasons your quizzes are pointless

You don't understand the right answers

You couldn't even get by number 1

Jesus did not say his last words on the Cross. How could you have been a Christian and not know he was resurrected after that?

His last words were before He ascended into Heaven

Matthew 28
18 Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#590465 Sep 14, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Ramen.
Best post award goes to Scar.
Thanks, Luci, I'm humbled, but I dunno about "the best post".

I read things here every day that I find pretty fantastic and sometimes it's an entire post and sometimes it's just a line from a post and sometimes it's all of the posts.

So I dunno about what I wrote being different than any other writing offered by anyone else.

It was something I read in the post that gave me pause to comment as I did so, I'm pretty sure mine is just one among many thoughts that are offered up for consideration.

Like I said, stuff like what you said humbles me, cause I'm just adding to what others here say.

But thanks.

Fennario

#590466 Sep 14, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.
Thanks but it was four!
I'll amend the record. Four it is.

Location hidden

#590467 Sep 14, 2013
Edit

You changed you quiz from Jesus' last words to his last words on the Cross after I corrected you on the first quiz

Tsk tsk

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#590468 Sep 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot your birthday, Epi.
I'm sorry. Happy belated birthday.
In my defense; I'm not quite sane.
I didn't really need to tell you that, did I?
Hey thanks RT....It would be a fun time to meet you and have a glass of wine for sure....

Did you and Mia go out?...I see your avatar message....Bye Bye to celibacy.....:-)

Location hidden

#590469 Sep 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
More power to her then
A lot of people abandon their musical pursuits when they get older
Well, they shouldn't.

Music is universal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#590470 Sep 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
sheeple, sheeple, sheeple,
sheeple all day long,
sheeple, sheeple, sheeple,
this is my faith based song.
Hey!
Excellent ~ love it :)

Fennario

#590471 Sep 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I was wondering where you where
Thanks, but I can't return the compliment.

Fennario

#590472 Sep 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
It is a compliment to call a Christian a sheeple ~ just saying :)
Good to know.

How about godbot?

Location hidden

#590473 Sep 14, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey thanks RT....It would be a fun time to meet you and have a glass of wine for sure....
Did you and Mia go out?...I see your avatar message....Bye Bye to celibacy.....:-)
I'd love to meet you but I don't drink alcohol. It's toxic.

We did go out. She sleeps more than me. She's snoring next to me. I don't mind :)

#590474 Sep 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right! I meant Collins, not Crick. My bad.
Collins utterly believes in evolution - no halfway there. He just believes that the Christian deity started everything 13.7 billion years ago, with a divine plan. He accepts everything - abiogenesis, human evolution - as part of that plan.
Clearly I disagree with Collins. There's no evidence, nor reason for his inference there, except that he's a Christian. He can't, for example, answer the question "why your god and not someone else's?"
Yes, Francis does not believe we are flukes of circumstance and that the end result is expected. Francis believes our DNA is/was intricately planned and designed, and accordingly, created. It is his belief, and that of many others, that GOD designed us and we are the results of those designs. Francis was brought up a Christian, lost his way as such, and through the faith of others, found his way back again, and then surpassed his past. A brilliant man whom I much admire, with many reasons.....

Why his GOD and no-one elses... GOD Himself told us that HE created us in the image of HIMSELF and others ~ perhaps some are drawn to the others, as we are drawn to HIM. Not all acknowledge JESUS, so not all are Sheeple!!

#590475 Sep 14, 2013
Godbot and Christard are definitely compliments... can't find the post with the question about Godbot though :)

#590476 Sep 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Good to know.
How about godbot?
I answered your post... there are some other complimentary names, but for now, I can't recall them. Maybe you know of some others?

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#590477 Sep 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Luci, I'm humbled, but I dunno about "the best post".
I read things here every day that I find pretty fantastic and sometimes it's an entire post and sometimes it's just a line from a post and sometimes it's all of the posts.
So I dunno about what I wrote being different than any other writing offered by anyone else.
It was something I read in the post that gave me pause to comment as I did so, I'm pretty sure mine is just one among many thoughts that are offered up for consideration.
Like I said, stuff like what you said humbles me, cause I'm just adding to what others here say.
But thanks.
You're welcome.

You're humble already.

I like to sometimes judge posts so people feel like they get a prize of some sort, you know?

Teddy got funniest from me today and you got best.

I try not to negatively judge anymore but there are many categories.

:p

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Hidingfromyou 793,619
Anime 7 min SoCalGuy99 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min onemale 267,261
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min hojo 567,362
Are there many guys that Hate SEX? (Nov '10) 19 min Aiesha 95
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 27 min SobieskiSavedEurope 458
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min RiccardoFire 97,420
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr Mickey Mouse 488
More from around the web