#590432 Sep 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Where have you been?
Wait...
Don't tell me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =J2HBdRCroksXX
I'm silent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Looks like we both found something last night :)
Bongo

Bellmore, NY

#590433 Sep 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Bongo doesn't seem to understand that the Appalachian Range runs from Georgia to Canada. It goes right through New York. If you think there are hillbillies in Tennessee, you've never been to Vermont.
Yes I do. There was an earthquake a couple years ago, my first experience. It occurred down south somewhere but traveled all the way to Canada, likend to ringing a large bell as it reverberated. I was lying in bed when my entire house started shaking, very eerie feeling.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#590434 Sep 14, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> wigger
bongo

How was the vaca?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#590435 Sep 14, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
If I wasn't so sleepy...
...well, you can tell me later.
Goodnight River.
I may be late tomorrow too.

Can I borrow the car keys and a blanket and...no, I think I have everything else.

Kthanks.

:-)
Bongo

Bellmore, NY

#590436 Sep 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
bongo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Q83kngkzMVYXX
How was the vaca?
Didn't leave yet , off to the spa

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#590437 Sep 14, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I do. There was an earthquake a couple years ago, my first experience. It occurred down south somewhere but traveled all the way to Canada, likend to ringing a large bell as it reverberated. I was lying in bed when my entire house started shaking, very eerie feeling.
Cool. I climbed Katahdin when I was 17 and walked to the New Hampshire/Vermont border. I turned 18 along the way. I planned on walking farther but while I was drying my clothes in a small town that I'm forbidden to mention, I had to pee.

Hijinks ensued.

The Mayor of the town whose name must not be mentioned sent me an embossed letter.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#590438 Sep 14, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Oh I don't care.
I'm happy to see I'm forgetting it.
You needn't care.

Scripture is meaningless. It says whatever you want it to say and the opposite, depending which scriptures you claim must be interpreted literally and which either don't apply any more or are metaphor.

Anybody who claims to have authoritative knowledge of what the bible says and means should be offered the quiz and put in his place. Look at how effective it was in this thread. Only one Christian even tried to answer it, and he got 7 out of 7 wrong, then refused to try again. What does that tell you?

And when you post the answers, you show how ridiculous it is to claim that the bible was written by a god, or to assert that it says this or that. It says whatever you want it to say and the exact opposite.

So, even though you may be forgetting it, you're nevertheless the thread's leading authority on the bible with two correct answers. Congratulations!

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#590439 Sep 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>You needn't care.

Scripture is meaningless. It says whatever you want it to say and the opposite, depending which scriptures you claim must be interpreted literally and which either don't apply any more or are metaphor.

Anybody who claims to have authoritative knowledge of what the bible says and means should be offered the quiz and put in his place. Look at how effective it was in this thread. Only one Christian even tried to answer it, and he got 7 out of 7 wrong, then refused to try again. What does that tell you?

And when you post the answers, you show how ridiculous it is to claim that the bible was written by a god, or to assert that it says this or that. It says whatever you want it to say and the exact opposite.

So, even though you may be forgetting it, you're nevertheless the thread's leading authority on the bible with two correct answers. Congratulations!
Lol.

Thanks but it was four!

Fennario

#590440 Sep 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Ah crap, I was gonna have a go at it.
I've got a quiz just for you.

Which two of these is not a character in the bible?:

[] Gomer
[] Jethro
[] Nimrod
[] Dorcus
[] Britney
[] Dodo.
[] Ham
[] Bacon

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#590441 Sep 14, 2013
<quoted text>
[] Gomer
[] Jethro
[] Nimrod
[] Dorcus
[] Britney
[] Dodo.
[] Ham
[] Bacon
Well, I'ma hafta rule out Dorcas and Nimrod right away because I think they're still posting here.

I'll get back to ya on the rest.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#590442 Sep 14, 2013
<quoted text>
[] Gomer
[] Jethro
[] Nimrod
[] Dorcus
[] Britney
[] Dodo.
[] Ham
[] Bacon
Ham and Bacon?

Burnt offerings being what they are? I'm guessing that's not the two.

It's down to Dodo, Jethro and Gomer.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#590443 Sep 14, 2013
<quoted text>
[] Gomer
[] Jethro
[] Nimrod
[] Dorcus
[] Britney
[] Dodo.
[] Ham
[] Bacon
This is a trick question, isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Damn, I couldn't find a good Dodi clip from My Three Sons. She was obviously not a popular addition.

Oh, you said Dodo, never mind.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#590444 Sep 14, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If I wasn't so sleepy...
...well, you can tell me later.
Goodnight River.
BTW, the first picture I put up was Mia but there was no way it was going to make past the Topix censors so I threw up one of me. You probably won't see it either before I find a good happy pic but at least this one is just of my face. Just in case I fall asleep.

:-)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#590445 Sep 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!
I am being totally honest in this.
It is not my place to offer it to you, but if they would allow you to experience their work in music, I believe you would enjoy the interlude.
Yeah I trust ya

I'm sure they probably won't be sharing it with me any time soon, call it a hunch! LOL

But I think that's cool.I have spent years trying to find lesser known stuff that is often better then the mainstream marketing crap they shove down our throat based more on package than talent. So just in general I'm glad good music is still getting out there

(T) Peace

Fennario

#590446 Sep 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Christianity itself is what causes the atrophy it suffers. Nontheists just point it out. Sure, by that being pointed out does hasten the process, but atheists don't cause it. Christianity does that and has for a long time.
Correct. We didn't do this to them. We couldn't. Christianity needed to atrophy just for us to get a voice and be taken seriously. Modern media - the Internet and satellite telecommunications - lifted the rock and exposed the black heart of the church, which has shot itself in the foot so many times that it is a laughingstock.

Look at how believers and the clergy were treated by the media of the middle of last century, and compare that with today. The Cleavers, Nelsons, Andersons and Ricardos would never mock either. Pastors were treated with respect, and if you implied one was a child molester, an adulterer, a buffoon or a parasite, there would have been public outrage. Today, it's standard. We didn't do that.
scaritual wrote:
For some reason Christians think atheists need to band together and support each other. That's a Christian mentality. That Christian mentality is a hive mind mentality. A hive mind mentality crumbles when the hive doesn't have the same mind. The hive of Christianity is crumbling.
Agree again. I just watched a show about the Puritans at the Massachusetts Bay Colony under John Winthrop. It was all about conformity.

And as you note, the same is true on this thread.

Fennario

#590447 Sep 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
It's easy to see what happened here. Most bailed.
They were too weak to countenance dissent from unbelievers. You still see the likes of Serah and Epiphany bemoaning it as they invent a past of peace and harmony prior to our arrival here.
scaritual wrote:
Even before they bailed, from what I observed upon first coming here, much of the conversations among the Christians on the thread were pissing matches in an attempt to prove - to the other Christian - that his method of practicing Christianity is the correct method. The 30,000± denominations within Christianity certainly illustrates that effect and mentality.
That's what they do.

As you may recall if you were present at the time, there was an ugly battle over once-saved-always-saved when I first arrived, as well as a pissing match over what the god's actual Hebrew name was. Now, in their revisionist version, they blame us for the strife here, even though we've attempted civil discourse with the Christians of the thread. Look at how well you, I, and the other unbelievers get along. The odd tiff gets resolved, and we move on.

But not with these Christian vipers. They hunker down like wasps defending a hive.
scaritual wrote:
The strong is stronger when he is alone, because by being alone, is where he found his strength. I think each individual atheist values that process that led to being an atheist. You arrive at atheism alone.
We think for ourselves.
scaritual wrote:
The hive of Christianity is crumbling.
A shame that.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#590448 Sep 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a plant.
The first stage of humankind? Like, us? Evolution doesn't really work like that - species categories are made up by us. But I guess you could go back around 200 000 years and claim those as our ancestors.
Or you could note that we have a primate skeleton. Then you'd have to go back 55 million years. Or note that the primate skeleton is a primitive mammalian skeleton, and you're going back 300 million years or so.
Or you could note that our spinal cord is evolved from the notochord, and then you're going back millions of years further. So it really depends on what kind of traits you're calling "human."
Do you know what a ring species is? I can explain evolution of species pretty easily to you if you do.
Do you remember Francis Crick? You've quoted from him before. A Christian, he wrote a book about evolution. In the book, he states "if you don't believe in evolution, you're not educated." Clearly, he "believes" in evolution - but he's also a Christian and believes that the Christian deity planned out humans from the beginning.
Crick has no issues with it, and he's a lot more educated than either of us :)
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a plant.
The first stage of humankind? Like, us? Evolution doesn't really work like that - species categories are made up by us. But I guess you could go back around 200 000 years and claim those as our ancestors.
Or you could note that we have a primate skeleton. Then you'd have to go back 55 million years. Or note that the primate skeleton is a primitive mammalian skeleton, and you're going back 300 million years or so.
Or you could note that our spinal cord is evolved from the notochord, and then you're going back millions of years further. So it really depends on what kind of traits you're calling "human."
Do you know what a ring species is? I can explain evolution of species pretty easily to you if you do.
Do you remember Francis Crick? You've quoted from him before. A Christian, he wrote a book about evolution. In the book, he states "if you don't believe in evolution, you're not educated." Clearly, he "believes" in evolution - but he's also a Christian and believes that the Christian deity planned out humans from the beginning.
Crick has no issues with it, and he's a lot more educated than either of us :)
I searched Crick and found this;
"April 16, 2013 at 11:11 PM ET"
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/francis-cricks... #
on the above link. This laptop I am working on is incredibly slow, and accordingly, I don't have much time for googling and searching at the moment. Thanks for the lead, 11:11 is is fascinating, and always a pleasure running into it :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#590449 Sep 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh
That's easy:
- Nothingness
- BANG
- Gapidy gapidy gapidy gap
- Man
LOL
I'm just messing around. Hopefully nobody thinks in looking to get back into that whole thing as its way too close to the last time I was in the all-out debate. Just wanted to make a joke and wave "HI"
Yep - yep - yep ..... and HI, a wave and a smile backatcha :)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#590450 Sep 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Tell us what prison was like. Did you get to exercise in the yard? How many times did the parole board turn you down? How many times were you butt-raped? Did you like it?
Why do your fantasies about me always include my genitals and weird sex acts?

You might wanna ponder that!

I was wondering where you where

Then I remembered it was Friday and you were at your weekly $25 luxury dinner

How was the tiramisu?

Worth every peso?

Good for you:)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#590451 Sep 14, 2013
Hey there.....Whaz Happenin?

“When given a choice of being right or being kind,
choose kind.”

~ Wayne Dyer

Thought for the day

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 732,809
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min confrinting with ... 538,816
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Dr_Zorderz 257,865
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,416
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 26 min Hannah V 1,003
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 30 min Senecus 441,187
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 35 min KiMare 226,287
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr KiMare 94,646
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••