Why Should Jesus Love Me?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#590566 Sep 14, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
An easy explanation would be that until Jesus was born there was one God, YHWY.
Negative.

Who do you suppose God was talking TO and ABOUT when He said;

"Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness"

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590567 Sep 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
the god is a rapist and a pedophile,
More of this? Ugh.

Support your claim.

Go.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590568 Sep 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
really?
the original lexicon was "american english" (with a redneck accent)
Are you serious? Jesus spoke in an American accent?

That's news to me.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#590569 Sep 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Francis does not believe we are flukes of circumstance and that the end result is expected. Francis believes our DNA is/was intricately planned and designed, and accordingly, created. It is his belief, and that of many others, that GOD designed us and we are the results of those designs. Francis was brought up a Christian, lost his way as such, and through the faith of others, found his way back again, and then surpassed his past. A brilliant man whom I much admire, with many reasons.....
Crick acknowledges that all the evidence we have, from abiogenesis to the evolution of hominin to human. He simply infers, based on his religious beliefs, a deity from his religion as "the" creator.

The point is that he acknowledges the evidence we have. He puts a deity into our evidence.

There are no deities in our evidence. We can't observe any. They're aren't measurable. Collins is simply tossing one in because his faith demands it. That's not a rational position to take, it's a faith based, irrational one.

Since I have no deity, I don't agree with his inference.

Since believers in other religions have different deities, they have different inferences and disagree with Collin's presumption.
Why his GOD and no-one elses... GOD Himself told us that HE created us in the image of HIMSELF and others ~ perhaps some are drawn to the others, as we are drawn to HIM. Not all acknowledge JESUS, so not all are Sheeple!!
And that's just it. All other believers of other religions "know" with just as much strength and emotion as you do that their deities are the "real" ones.

So why would I believe you over them? Or them over you? None of you has compelling evidence. The best you have is sincere belief and irrational, faith based positions.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590570 Sep 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hell! Law says that Hell! is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it. Further, the lowest Rung in Hell! is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't. HBT; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1
Hey, that's great!

But since I'm not an atheist, I won't bother arguing with something I don't believe in.

Some stable somewhere

#590571 Sep 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Nero
https://sites.google.com/site/themadnessofner...
"As Nero's rule continued on his dark side grow more and more evident. At first his impulses began as simple extravagance. Before long, however, stories were circulating that he seduced married women and young boys.
In CE 58, Nero became romantically involved with Poppaea Sabina the wife of his friend and future emperor Otho. Reportedly because a marriage to her and a divorce from Octavia did not seem politically feasible with Agrippina alive, Nero ordered the murder of his mother in 59.
First he tried poison then tried to have "accidents" occur around her. Thereafter even a collapsible boat was built, which was meant to sink in the Bay of Naples. However the plot only succeeded in sinking the boat, as Agrippina managed to swim ashore.
At last he ordered an assassin to have her clubbed to death...
...Nero, always a man desperate to be popular, therefore looked for scapegoats on whom the fire could be blamed and he found it in an obscure new religious sect, the Christians.
Thus many Christians were arrested and thrown to the wild beasts in the circus, or they were crucified . Many of them were also burned to death at night, serving as 'lighting' in Nero's gardens, while Nero mingled among the watching crowds."
If Christianity can survive THAT cretin in those times (which had a MUCH lesser population of Christians in those early days)... then we know that surely Christianity will continue to survive the current lightweights of disgruntled, former believers and the blatant hypocrisies of current, illegitimate ones. True Christianity is slowly, yet continually pressing on it's upward trajectory of pursuing after God's righteousness. Colossians 3:1
Praise be to The Lord. Hallelujah!
:)
Do you believe your understanding of Christianity is the same as Christians of 2000 years ago? 1500 years ago? 200 years ago?

Some stable somewhere

#590572 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, that's great!
But since I'm not an atheist, I won't bother arguing with something I don't believe in.
Atheists don't believe in the FSM.

But since you're not an atheist with regards to the FSM I guess you do believe in it.

Some stable somewhere

#590573 Sep 14, 2013
In response to Serah having a revelation that humans are not related to plants:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But, but, but.....
The evidence!
Lol
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More of this? Ugh.
Support your claim.
Go.
No kidding.

RR, do you know what a gene is?

Some stable somewhere

#590574 Sep 14, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye bye to celibacy.
I think it was a pretty good first date..........But I'm jus guessin..........
Celibacy is good for children and anyone "under the age" of consent.

Otherwise, it's stupid.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#590575 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, that's great!
Is this a "clever" RR attempt to get everyone here to stop bringing up your racism, and misogyny?

Because, I don't have a belief in that like you do, and yet I argue against it, sunshine.

"OH"

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590576 Sep 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists don't believe in the FSM.
But since you're not an atheist with regards to the FSM I guess you do believe in it.
That wasn't my point.

Atheists seem to incessantly argue that which they claim to not believe in.

They call it "intriguing".

I don't buy it.

I say that an atheist that's always areguing about God and/or the Bible is a closet theist.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590577 Sep 14, 2013
[QUOTE who="Hidingfromyou"
No kidding.
RR, do you know what a gene is?[/QUOTE]
A heredity thing with DNA and stuff.

Or a heavy, strong cotton, usually worn from the waist to the ankles.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590578 Sep 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Is this a "clever" RR attempt to get everyone here to stop bringing up your racism, and misogyny?
Because, I don't have a belief in that like you do, and yet I argue against it, sunshine.
"OH"
Oh no, you can talk about racism & misogyny all you want, those aren't beliefs.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#590579 Sep 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Celibacy is good for children and anyone "under the age" of consent.
Otherwise, it's stupid.
I agree, sex is a good thing. Its normal and healthy........

Some stable somewhere

#590580 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't my point.
Atheists seem to incessantly argue that which they claim to not believe in.
They call it "intriguing".
I don't buy it.
I say that an atheist that's always areguing about God and/or the Bible is a closet theist.
Scar was using the FSM to make fun of religious belief.

You can say whatever you want. Two comments:

1. You're not a psychologist. Your opinion isn't based on a deep understanding of people's inner motivations, and you aren't taking these into account.

2. You're just claiming that because you are a believer who "knows" that your religion is "the one true one." So the only way you can interpret atheism is through your religious lens.

I hate to break this to you, but your religious lens is not an objective one. It's quite subjective, and therefore not revealing.

Have you tried asking atheists why they write on these threads? Or listening to IANS when he describes why he writes here - he's only written the explanation like 200 times or more. Maybe 10 times to me, since I keep asking him.

Some stable somewhere

#590581 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A heredity thing with DNA and stuff.
Or a heavy, strong cotton, usually worn from the waist to the ankles.
That would explain your misunderstanding with regards to the relationship between plants and people.

It explains Serah's quite well.

Have you ever thought of addressing your ignorance of matters biological by simply reading about the discipline and theoretical framework? Don't you think that would improve your ability to:

1) understand your deity, since you believe it created everything through long term planning and life outside the universe
2) argue better with nonbelievers or, at least, understand their positions

Some stable somewhere

#590582 Sep 14, 2013
<quoted text>

Some stable somewhere

#590583 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're incorrect here. Both racism and misogyny are beliefs. They can also be practices.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#590584 Sep 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they are beliefs.

Some people a belief it's okay. <<You're one of those people.

Others don't. << That's where I'm at.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#590585 Sep 14, 2013
<quoted text>
when you stop to have day dreams,and go on reteirment,or just die?

sex is precious with husband and wife,
not like HFY f....s everyday with different punks,or use AAA batery male d... to penetrate his/her gay or lesbian hole,

even animals make sex only during their seasons,

those earthly immoral huren(elitists,lucky sperm Socitey dung,or class of rulers but scums,dirt, filth and supporter like you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min Clearwater 18,133
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Robert F 684,020
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 44 min Aerobatty 983,396
harthside COOKIES 1 hr i was there 1
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 4 hr Mikeylikesit 29
Any women like to sit on guys faces and fart? (Feb '15) 6 hr Jimjim3100 21
Testing. 8 hr ImPeach 3
More from around the web