Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#590327 Sep 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just like Mike.....Always buzzing around irritating people (usually Christians)
So I'm using my handy dandy Super Fly swatter....
S_P_L_A_T
There I got cha
Ben Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you don't have the courage to confront John Coffey like that.
that poster does not lack courage

they lack morals

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#590328 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's a flaw in freedom of speech. I think it's a flaw in the consumers.
I think people are gullible enough to buy books from him and people like him because it makes them feel closer to the "star".
Look at it this way; people like Mike Tyson and O.J. Simpson still have fans and people that will buy their stuff....
I share the same views concerning your religious beliefs....but Tyson and Simpson were actually verifiable characters.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#590329 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
That's the kind of story my great-granddaddy would've preached.
"I had to walk to school uphill, in the snow, both ways, 27 days a week."
Difference is, you believe such nonsense.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#590330 Sep 13, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pedantic in the extreme
LOL

Echo echo echo

Location hidden

#590331 Sep 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I think he envisions himself to be some fantasy character in a video game. He keeps score and everything...lots of little tally marks all over his walls!
I don't know...at first I thought he was just kidding...then I realized that he actually is keeping score...at least it sounds as if he is.
I think he gets bonus points if two non-Christians exchange heated words.
He must lose points if a non-Christian and a Christian have a civil conversation.
I think someone needs to unplug his video game.
He is entitled to more pity than those who are not insane.

Location hidden

#590332 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if the truth gets me in trouble, it's only because of other people's misunderstandings.
I thank you for your concern.
If I knew your physical address...

I would have this reply of yours framed and sent to you.

Location hidden

#590333 Sep 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>not number of posts no. A person may have thousands of writings with one liners. It's a self imposed scoring system.
What writings do you think score the best when you write against the writing of Christians?
I mean--Christian writings are the writings you would oppose right?
The Christian is who you are mostly trying to make your points to---not the unbeliever that agree with you and the same goes for the Christian to another Christian.
So to me, seeing this site as a virtual video game is watching how unbelievers write--and responding to specific subjects and interests in a way I think gives me the most value in scoring points. It's irrelevant if they respond back or not, but if they respond back---add points for bonus depending on the response.
It just a way for me to keep the site interesting for me. Try it and see how you like it :)
who adds the points up for you?

Location hidden

#590334 Sep 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are Christians on this thread?
name one

Location hidden

#590335 Sep 13, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I knew your physical address...
I would have this reply of yours framed and sent to you.
If I knew your physical address I'd tell the nurses there to give you a much needed sponge bath and to swap out your pee bucket! Perhaps I would even throw then a few bucks to vacuum the crumbs off your shirt and buy you a new string for your bathrobe!

:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#590336 Sep 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fer christ sake---he brings it on himself, then blames it on everyone else....and then denigrates "them" for bringing it to his attention.
I can't feel any compassion for such arrogant stupidity.
I am sick of his antics.
Rider thinks he is a 'White Knight for Jesus'.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#590337 Sep 13, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is...
Every authorised bible transalation on that webpage is wrong.
Please for the love of truth give us the expanded translation from the aramaic so we may know.....what the feck you're burbling about.
Jesus never authorized a single verse. Heck, the first half was written centuries before he was born and the last half written centuries after He died.

Location hidden

#590338 Sep 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I thought this was an interesting article...
http://www.indystar.com/usatoday/article/2795...
Judge supports Lance Armstrong's right to lie
Excerpt...
"The Court concludes, despite plaintiffs' allegations that the Armstrong books contained false and misleading statements, that the content of the books is afforded full First Amendment protection," England wrote.
But the lawsuit wasn't just about whether he lied in his books ?? an act that is generally protected by the First Amendment right to free speech. Instead, the issue in this case was whether Armstrong's falsehoods could be classified as commercial speech, which is not protected by the First Amendment. Attorneys for the plaintiffs argued that Armstrong's lies were a form of false advertising and fraud that is not protected speech because it deceived consumers into buying books they otherwise would not have bought had they known the truth behind Armstrong's success.
In a sense I understand the law suit...many bought his book under the assumption that he succeeded despite his bouts with cancer all the while claiming he did not dope. I wonder how many would have purchased those books if he had of been honest.
The 1st Amendment protects him...I just wonder if it should have...does this show us a flaw in the "freedom of speech"?
I don't know...was wondering how others felt.
the "product" is Armstrong and his journey, hopefully the courts will find his falsehoods false advertising of the product.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#590339 Sep 13, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Bollocks.
Pretty much a useless tit, then, isn't he?
OZ never did do nothing for the Tin Man that he didn't already have.

Location hidden

#590340 Sep 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm
When Rider asked you about a ticket for advice you said that wasn't your area of expertise as you normally handle major cases like murder
Are you blaming the parents when children go out and murder people? Or is it just silly of me to even pretend that comment about normally handling murder cases was even remotely true?
"blame the parents" what kind of idiocy is that? It is not his job to ascribe blame, nor can he render his job ethically if he did indulge in social judgement.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#590341 Sep 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never authorized a single verse. Heck, the first half was written centuries before he was born and the last half written centuries after He died.
The ones we like we can paint red, that way he said them.

Location hidden

#590342 Sep 13, 2013
karl44 wrote:
that poster does not lack courage
they lack morals
Did another person enter the equation from one line to the next? Or did you just forget you were not talking about more than one person? I understand. At least 1 second must have passed!

You shaved your teeth and flossed your beard again didn't you?

I think you better start writing your name on your mittens!

LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

#590343 Sep 13, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What's currently trending these days?
I have no idea. I have been out of the loop for a couple decades.

Location hidden

#590344 Sep 13, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
"blame the parents" what kind of idiocy is that? It is not his job to ascribe blame, nor can he render his job ethically if he did indulge in social judgement.
um...he was blaming the parents and ascribing blame in the post I replied to which is why I asked

Thanks again for the assist:)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#590345 Sep 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
YA! Me an Karl have had a few words too. We never threatened neither with the fire o' hell over it either....an neither of us has ever held it against each other in later encounters or discussion neither.
We simply realized our difference of opinion...simple as that....ask him.
Yep. Many of us had our fights and made up.

"A friend is someone who knows all about you and likes you anyway."

Location hidden

#590346 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Since he used a lie to sell a commercial product, I'd say that part of the court order should be to refund any consumer that purchased that product, if they choose to get a refund.
Some folks probably don't care. Some probably do.
But retailers and other goods providers lie to the public all the time to increase revenue. Look at McDonald's, the picture of the Big Mac on TV or on their menu is not the end product you receive. IOW, they lie to everyone about what they're selling and everyone knows it. And they still buy the Big Mac.
*shrugs*
a precedent where it is criminal to lie about the product would certainly threaten christianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min John Fladgat 738,578
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 11 min CRAFTERS ASSOCIATION 22
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 34 min andet1987 4,214
sri lankan & indian gay/ bi Bbm pin swap - livi... 50 min sexy123 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Thinking 227,366
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,460
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 1 hr andet1987 1,085
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr RoSesz 542,024
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 259,121
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 95,412
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr gto 173,632
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••