Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#590472 Sep 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
It is a compliment to call a Christian a sheeple ~ just saying :)
Good to know.

How about godbot?

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#590473 Sep 14, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey thanks RT....It would be a fun time to meet you and have a glass of wine for sure....
Did you and Mia go out?...I see your avatar message....Bye Bye to celibacy.....:-)
I'd love to meet you but I don't drink alcohol. It's toxic.

We did go out. She sleeps more than me. She's snoring next to me. I don't mind :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#590474 Sep 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right! I meant Collins, not Crick. My bad.
Collins utterly believes in evolution - no halfway there. He just believes that the Christian deity started everything 13.7 billion years ago, with a divine plan. He accepts everything - abiogenesis, human evolution - as part of that plan.
Clearly I disagree with Collins. There's no evidence, nor reason for his inference there, except that he's a Christian. He can't, for example, answer the question "why your god and not someone else's?"
Yes, Francis does not believe we are flukes of circumstance and that the end result is expected. Francis believes our DNA is/was intricately planned and designed, and accordingly, created. It is his belief, and that of many others, that GOD designed us and we are the results of those designs. Francis was brought up a Christian, lost his way as such, and through the faith of others, found his way back again, and then surpassed his past. A brilliant man whom I much admire, with many reasons.....

Why his GOD and no-one elses... GOD Himself told us that HE created us in the image of HIMSELF and others ~ perhaps some are drawn to the others, as we are drawn to HIM. Not all acknowledge JESUS, so not all are Sheeple!!

#590475 Sep 14, 2013
Godbot and Christard are definitely compliments... can't find the post with the question about Godbot though :)

#590476 Sep 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to know.
How about godbot?
I answered your post... there are some other complimentary names, but for now, I can't recall them. Maybe you know of some others?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#590477 Sep 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Luci, I'm humbled, but I dunno about "the best post".
I read things here every day that I find pretty fantastic and sometimes it's an entire post and sometimes it's just a line from a post and sometimes it's all of the posts.
So I dunno about what I wrote being different than any other writing offered by anyone else.
It was something I read in the post that gave me pause to comment as I did so, I'm pretty sure mine is just one among many thoughts that are offered up for consideration.
Like I said, stuff like what you said humbles me, cause I'm just adding to what others here say.
But thanks.
You're welcome.

You're humble already.

I like to sometimes judge posts so people feel like they get a prize of some sort, you know?

Teddy got funniest from me today and you got best.

I try not to negatively judge anymore but there are many categories.

:p

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#590478 Sep 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Francis does not believe we are flukes of circumstance and that the end result is expected. Francis believes our DNA is/was intricately planned and designed, and accordingly, created. It is his belief, and that of many others, that GOD designed us and we are the results of those designs. Francis was brought up a Christian, lost his way as such, and through the faith of others, found his way back again, and then surpassed his past. A brilliant man whom I much admire, with many reasons.....
Why his GOD and no-one elses... GOD Himself told us that HE created us in the image of HIMSELF and others ~ perhaps some are drawn to the others, as we are drawn to HIM. Not all acknowledge JESUS, so not all are Sheeple!!
Serah wrote:
<quoted text> GOD Himself told us that HE created us in the image of HIMSELF and others
I'm sorry. When exactly did he tell us that?

Was I changing my tampon in the bathroom and cursing the Eve for cursing me at the time that He told us that?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#590479 Sep 14, 2013
Nero

https://sites.google.com/site/themadnessofner...

"As Nero's rule continued on his dark side grow more and more evident. At first his impulses began as simple extravagance. Before long, however, stories were circulating that he seduced married women and young boys.

In CE 58, Nero became romantically involved with Poppaea Sabina the wife of his friend and future emperor Otho. Reportedly because a marriage to her and a divorce from Octavia did not seem politically feasible with Agrippina alive, Nero ordered the murder of his mother in 59.
First he tried poison then tried to have "accidents" occur around her. Thereafter even a collapsible boat was built, which was meant to sink in the Bay of Naples. However the plot only succeeded in sinking the boat, as Agrippina managed to swim ashore.
At last he ordered an assassin to have her clubbed to death...

...Nero, always a man desperate to be popular, therefore looked for scapegoats on whom the fire could be blamed and he found it in an obscure new religious sect, the Christians.
Thus many Christians were arrested and thrown to the wild beasts in the circus, or they were crucified . Many of them were also burned to death at night, serving as 'lighting' in Nero's gardens, while Nero mingled among the watching crowds."

If Christianity can survive THAT cretin in those times (which had a MUCH lesser population of Christians in those early days)... then we know that surely Christianity will continue to survive the current lightweights of disgruntled, former believers and the blatant hypocrisies of current, illegitimate ones. True Christianity is slowly, yet continually pressing on it's upward trajectory of pursuing after God's righteousness. Colossians 3:1

Praise be to The Lord. Hallelujah!

:)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#590480 Sep 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I'll amend the record. Four it is.
Thank you.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#590481 Sep 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Nero
https://sites.google.com/site/themadnessofner...
"As Nero's rule continued on his dark side grow more and more evident. At first his impulses began as simple extravagance. Before long, however, stories were circulating that he seduced married women and young boys.
In CE 58, Nero became romantically involved with Poppaea Sabina the wife of his friend and future emperor Otho. Reportedly because a marriage to her and a divorce from Octavia did not seem politically feasible with Agrippina alive, Nero ordered the murder of his mother in 59.
First he tried poison then tried to have "accidents" occur around her. Thereafter even a collapsible boat was built, which was meant to sink in the Bay of Naples. However the plot only succeeded in sinking the boat, as Agrippina managed to swim ashore.
At last he ordered an assassin to have her clubbed to death...
...Nero, always a man desperate to be popular, therefore looked for scapegoats on whom the fire could be blamed and he found it in an obscure new religious sect, the Christians.
Thus many Christians were arrested and thrown to the wild beasts in the circus, or they were crucified . Many of them were also burned to death at night, serving as 'lighting' in Nero's gardens, while Nero mingled among the watching crowds."
If Christianity can survive THAT cretin in those times (which had a MUCH lesser population of Christians in those early days)... then we know that surely Christianity will continue to survive the current lightweights of disgruntled, former believers and the blatant hypocrisies of current, illegitimate ones. True Christianity is slowly, yet continually pressing on it's upward trajectory of pursuing after God's righteousness. Colossians 3:1
Praise be to The Lord. Hallelujah!
Hi Qu.

Nero was a product of incest just as all monarchies are.

Jesus was the product of rape. He's good to go?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#590482 Sep 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Only one Christian even tried to answer it, and he got 7 out of 7 wrong, then refused to try again. What does that tell you?
Your first quiz

[1] What were Jesus' very last words?

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

You claimed my answer with his last words at the ascension was wrong and referred to his words on the Cross

Then you said I got it wrong, even knowing you were not being truthful. It is why you changed your quiz after to say on the Cross

Ians:

[1] What were Jesus' very last words on the cross?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

And you continue to lie and say I got it wrong

So it should tell her what has been pointed out for over a year. You will lie instead of admit when you are wrong

Secular humanist ethics I guess

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#590483 Sep 14, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
History behind "redneck"...
Redneck
From Wikipedia
Redneck is a derogatory slang term used in reference to poor, uneducated white farmers, especially from the Southern United States. It is similar in meaning to cracker (especially regarding Georgia and Florida), hillbilly (especially regarding Appalachia and the Ozarks), and white trash (but without the last term's suggestions of immorality).
By the 2000s, the term had expanded in meaning to refer to bigoted, loutish reactionaries who are opposed to modern ways, and has often been used to attack white Southern conservatives. The term is used broadly to degrade working class and rural whites that are perceived by urban progressives to be insufficiently liberal. At the same time, some Southern whites have reclaimed the word, using it with pride and defiance as a self-identifier.
You pickin up what I'm puttin down?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590485 Sep 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I have a beautiful bush, sprouting beautiful fragile white flowers, and this morning I was looking at it with admiration, and realised that many people think we are related to the bush via the origins of some sort of organism or bacteria that was a fluke of circumstance.
In my mind, that is extremely naive, but in their minds, it is the only choice. They have closen their options for other ideas, as such, but one day, they will open their options and realise, but it may not be in this lifetime. They may be new souls :)
But, but, but.....

The evidence!

Lol

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#590486 Sep 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks, but I can't return the compliment.
That's not nice

And after I posted Labamba so you would have some music when you came back and asked you about the tiramisu?

What a sourpuss

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590487 Sep 14, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
For man...very little...but us women...that is a different story! We can now hang doors and use a hammer! We own our own power drills too!
You but y'all use a 10oz hammer and a 9v "power screwdriver".

Not the same thing.

Kudos for the effort, though.

;)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590488 Sep 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't a red neck a white man (not being racist, just recalling what I heard) with a sunburned neck? A farmer springs to mind!!
Redneck, basically:

A glorious absence of sophistication.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#590489 Sep 14, 2013
LOSERFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
:(

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#590490 Sep 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Qu.
Nero was a product of incest just as all monarchies are.
Jesus was the product of rape. He's good to go?
Jesus was born of a virgin, actually. Some of us Christians truly believe that, wholeheartedly.

Whatever was done to Mary to make this happen was a spiritual transference rather than a physical one. As far as force goes, Mary was willing:

"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May your word to me be fulfilled." Then the angel left her." Luke 1:26-38

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590491 Sep 14, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
The title of this article will probably make a few Christians irate but read it before you get too angry with me.
I was actually looking for an article that I had read concerning when is it best not to exercise your right to free speech. I found this instead...I personally thought it was well written.
Christians Do Not Have Freedom of Speech, Even in America
http://wterryaustin.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/...
Nice.

He wrote "God gave me two ears and one mouth for a reason".

I always say, "Shut your mouth and open your ears".

I like his saying better.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590492 Sep 14, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Comma in completely the wrong place.
Truly I tell you,,,,,,,,you are a dishonest quote mining and cherry picking chritstain.
http://biblehub.com/luke/23-43.htm
Oh really?

There were no commas when that scripture was written.

(Suckered you right in to that one)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Aerobatty 987,328
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min David S Pumpkins 286,565
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 15 min Aerobatty 31,112
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min Robert F 687,316
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 1 hr may i suggest 2
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lightbeamrider 4,316
Investigations of DCF in CT (Dec '08) 3 hr Always aware 91
More from around the web