“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#590299 Sep 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I have a beautiful bush, sprouting beautiful fragile white flowers, and this morning I was looking at it with admiration, and realised that many people think we are related to the bush via the origins of some sort of organism or bacteria that was a fluke of circumstance.
In my mind, that is extremely naive, but in their minds, it is the only choice. They have closen their options for other ideas, as such, but one day, they will open their options and realise, but it may not be in this lifetime. They may be new souls :)
No one who understands evolution thinks you're related to a bush via a bacteria ancestor.

In recent memory, anyways.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#590300 Sep 13, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Two thousand years is a very small window within the evolutionary time scale. It would be difficult to verify within that amount of time to show that evolution had definitely occurred.
However, within the last 20,000 years there is evidence of evolution having occurred.
"Over the past 20,000 years, the average volume of the human male brain has decreased from 1,500 cubic centimeters to 1,350 cc, losing a chunk the size of a tennis ball. The female brain has shrunk by about the same proportion."
http://discovermagazine.com/2010/sep/25-moder...
Also within the past 5,000 years there is evidence that this is continuing.
Surprisingly, based on skull measurements, the human brain appears to have been shrinking over the last 5,000 or so years.
"When it comes to recent evolutionary changes, we currently maybe have the least specific details with regard the brain, but we do know from archaeological data that pretty much everywhere we can measure Europe, China, South Africa, Australia that brains have shrunk about 150 cubic centimeters, off a mean of about 1,350. That's roughly 10 percent,"
http://www.livescience.com/7971-humans-evolvi...
Nice post :)

Looks like I was off by a factor of three when I said it was 50 ccs.

Oops.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#590301 Sep 13, 2013
MrC wrote:
<quoted text>
Right ....and?
Come on then? Embarrass me.
I already did

Then I stepped back and allowed you to do it to yourself

You're on a roll

:)
DOCTOR Reality

United States

#590302 Sep 13, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a Christian.

I don't believe in those things.

[QUOTE]Their claims are what they feel based upon seeing the way most Christians treat them in here. From what I see, an atheist is far superior in morality than a Christian."

Well, thank you. Can we order coffee now?

[QUOTE]You see, we don't profess to love you as Christ loves you while we call you vile names and treat you as though you're beneath us. That's the propensity of Christinsanity."

What, what? I'm on your side!

Can we just get that coffee now?

[QUOTE]We don't represent a god of supposed love. We represent personal responsibility."

Ok, cool. What're you having? I'm getting a cafe mocha.

[QUOTE]Do you think that your representation of God brings him joy?"

I really don't think that's relevant to what coffee you're going to drink.

[QUOTE]Don't worry about how the atheist acts."

Well, ok. Look, I just want to have my coffee and sit down.

[QUOTE]Worry about how YOU act and how it makes your god look."

You mean, my god of caffeine? All heavenly praise be to blessed caffeine?

Ok! Let's start the ritual!

[QUOTE]I alway troll where I wish. I am the Troll King. I can do anything ;)
"

Not in Starbucks! Not in sacred Starbucks you don't!

(with apologies to Dr. Reality)
You replied to a post to Skombolis.
DOCTOR Reality

United States

#590303 Sep 13, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a Christian.

I don't believe in those things.

[QUOTE]Their claims are what they feel based upon seeing the way most Christians treat them in here. From what I see, an atheist is far superior in morality than a Christian."

Well, thank you. Can we order coffee now?

[QUOTE]You see, we don't profess to love you as Christ loves you while we call you vile names and treat you as though you're beneath us. That's the propensity of Christinsanity."

What, what? I'm on your side!

Can we just get that coffee now?

[QUOTE]We don't represent a god of supposed love. We represent personal responsibility."

Ok, cool. What're you having? I'm getting a cafe mocha.

[QUOTE]Do you think that your representation of God brings him joy?"

I really don't think that's relevant to what coffee you're going to drink.

[QUOTE]Don't worry about how the atheist acts."

Well, ok. Look, I just want to have my coffee and sit down.

[QUOTE]Worry about how YOU act and how it makes your god look."

You mean, my god of caffeine? All heavenly praise be to blessed caffeine?

Ok! Let's start the ritual!

[QUOTE]I alway troll where I wish. I am the Troll King. I can do anything ;)
"

Not in Starbucks! Not in sacred Starbucks you don't!

(with apologies to Dr. Reality)
Starbucks is too bitter for me. Except their chai tea :)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#590304 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you my stalker?
I can't help where the signal gets routed from.
You got coast ta coast routing huh?
The ONLY ones I know of that do are Jesuit institutions. And anyone I have ever ran into from there, I can honestly say are liars, obfuscators, deceivers, and murderers....and I can honestly say that I harbor hatred for their kind(mostly because of their "creed", and what they have done to devastate my family tree).

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#590305 Sep 13, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>How about "Truly I tell you today, your lost limb will regrow"?
Try getting your omnipotent to do that.
I wrote a fairly big response to this and think it got lost in cyber land, but then again, it might very well appear. Perhaps, Mac, the regrowing of the limb is more of having the power to overcome the loss of the limb, which many can do, using their own strength and will power. The faith in overcoming the hurdles of life and turing the hurdles into an achievements.

Location hidden

#590306 Sep 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hey hon, if your hubby ain't got no balls, for a small fee i could come in and get your house in order within a week. kind of a 'wife swap' if you will, only i fully expect the whole experience (if ya know what i mean;)!
You are absolutely dispicable!
You should be shot! Please don't give me the opportunity.
You are fuching with a dear friend of mine whom I have complete respect for. It's in your best interest if you don't even go there asswup.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#590307 Sep 13, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No one who understands evolution thinks you're related to a bush via a bacteria ancestor.
In recent memory, anyways.
Then where do you think those that understand evolution think we evolved from, starting at the beginning (in a nutshell, so to speak, or in other words, the first stage of man(kind) to the result of that which we see today.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#590308 Sep 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Le_Le.
You didn't realize that Skombolis was involved in negative exchanges with others? That's most of his posting. About a third of it is noncombative, content-free posting, and the rest is abusive, personal attacks presently directed at about a half dozen posters. That's what he does on Topix.
I don't mind engaging him in the mud slinging. I know that a lot of others including you find it debilitating, and need to avoid it after a short while. Allow me. I eventually get bored with it, so I can't go on indefinitely, either. But until that happens, I'm happy to return his abuse, especially when he is bullying women.
You're a wonderful part of this thread, and you're one of my favorites, too. I really appreciate a few of the Christians here. What you do is helpful. You show the most negative critics of your church that not every Christian has to be the kind of person that we see in such large numbers here - some of you simply want to be better than that - and on a personal level, you are the rebuttal to the claim that people like me simply hate all Christians for being Christians, a claim that the loathsome ones make to try to redirect the blame for the reactions they earn personally and individually from themselves to the ones reacting to them.
I get that a lot, and wanted to thank people like you, Grace Walker, and Al Garcia for being here from time to time. The excellent relationships that we unbelievers and believers like you share puts that claim to the lie. We don't hate Christians. We hate what that church turns so many of them into. There is a HUGE difference between the collection of people that call themselves Christian, who come in a spectrum of types, and the institution that influences them to a greater or lesser degree in each case.
Skombolis is human trash. You know it, and I know it.
But he and others like him - Trifecta, Clearwater, and Red Apples come to mind first - would find themselves blameless, and point the finger at those objecting to them.
I think it's time to give the bully a taste of his own excrement. As I noted elsewhere, I stood down in the flame wars for about three months to give this bad blood a chance to cool off a little. But nothing improved, and not surprisingly. It's a reaction to the criticism of the church, which I did not stop. The terms for peace, as Skombolis noted explicitly, were to either stop criticizing his religion, or incur his filth. And here we are.
Skombolis and the rest of that vile hive are intolerant of your IDEAS and mine, and feel that they have the right to rebut those not with other ideas, but with personal attacks. Apparently, that isn't going to change.
So, game on.
And if you prefer not to engage them directly for long, as I said, allow me. I'll gladly kick that piece of crap around the thread for both of us in his own idiom - the personal attack - until I get tired of it. I have a huge advantage in the contest: he's wide open as a failed person, he's limited by peer pressure, and at the risk of sounding a little self-assured (LOL), I'm better at everything than he is.
So sit back and enjoy the show.
I meant - I didn't realize he was in other conflicts at the same time as mine..
lol..
I know negative exchanges are what Skom embraces - he's the best at it.. Personal insults..
He's the king.

He likes to joke it's all or "maybe" a little - for fun,
Yet.. He's mistaken if he thinks his hateful words mean nothing towards his character.
.- I believe, what is in one's heart . Is what one reveals w their mouth..

The vile that he speaks towards others is cemented in his heart.
Wonder if someone can find that in the bible somewhere. Matthew maybe?

You are correct.. I do not like the personal battery .. Yet, I am not going to allow my voice to be silenced.
Just not going to happen today..
Maybe tomorrow??

ps. Sending you my best to your life well deserved.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#590309 Sep 13, 2013
DOCTOR Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You replied to a post to Skombolis.
It was an attempt at humor. My coffee line of stories.

Location hidden

#590310 Sep 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I thought this was an interesting article...
http://www.indystar.com/usatoday/article/2795...
Judge supports Lance Armstrong's right to lie
Excerpt...
"The Court concludes, despite plaintiffs' allegations that the Armstrong books contained false and misleading statements, that the content of the books is afforded full First Amendment protection," England wrote.
But the lawsuit wasn't just about whether he lied in his books ?? an act that is generally protected by the First Amendment right to free speech. Instead, the issue in this case was whether Armstrong's falsehoods could be classified as commercial speech, which is not protected by the First Amendment. Attorneys for the plaintiffs argued that Armstrong's lies were a form of false advertising and fraud that is not protected speech because it deceived consumers into buying books they otherwise would not have bought had they known the truth behind Armstrong's success.
In a sense I understand the law suit...many bought his book under the assumption that he succeeded despite his bouts with cancer all the while claiming he did not dope. I wonder how many would have purchased those books if he had of been honest.
The 1st Amendment protects him...I just wonder if it should have...does this show us a flaw in the "freedom of speech"?
I don't know...was wondering how others felt.
I think money and fame corrupted him sis. Anyone can lie for profit.
It's been done throughout your history, and the biggest abusers are your government constituents. They have proved it beyond any shadow of a doubt.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#590311 Sep 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I wrote a fairly big response to this and think it got lost in cyber land, but then again, it might very well appear. Perhaps, Mac, the regrowing of the limb is more of having the power to overcome the loss of the limb, which many can do, using their own strength and will power. The faith in overcoming the hurdles of life and turing the hurdles into an achievements.
Serah, that is awesome. Probably best post today. Greatest achievement for rationalization I've yet seen, hands down.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#590312 Sep 13, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the most awesome eyeball ever.
If you remember I put the current eyeball up there because of something you said a long while back.

hahaaa...

You're awesome too, btw.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#590313 Sep 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I was gonna post 2 Corinthians 12:2 to get him started and then let him work back but I knew he'd never understand. Besides not exactly an interest of mine to tutor mockers
Have a good one Shrink
right
2 Cor 12;2.is excelent experience of apostle Paul,
he was cought up to third heavens in vison of great 3rd antidimensional place,but body in phisical sense was on the earth,because Paul at this time wasnt in the soul and body fullness-perfection,he had to be on this earth to fulfill Gods assignment?

very excelent deep spiritual proff?
12;3 is addition to this
Acts 22;17....state that Paul himself was like in the trance,

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#590314 Sep 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Then where do you think those that understand evolution think we evolved from, starting at the beginning (in a nutshell, so to speak, or in other words, the first stage of man(kind) to the result of that which we see today.
Not a plant.

The first stage of humankind? Like, us? Evolution doesn't really work like that - species categories are made up by us. But I guess you could go back around 200 000 years and claim those as our ancestors.

Or you could note that we have a primate skeleton. Then you'd have to go back 55 million years. Or note that the primate skeleton is a primitive mammalian skeleton, and you're going back 300 million years or so.

Or you could note that our spinal cord is evolved from the notochord, and then you're going back millions of years further. So it really depends on what kind of traits you're calling "human."

Do you know what a ring species is? I can explain evolution of species pretty easily to you if you do.

Do you remember Francis Crick? You've quoted from him before. A Christian, he wrote a book about evolution. In the book, he states "if you don't believe in evolution, you're not educated." Clearly, he "believes" in evolution - but he's also a Christian and believes that the Christian deity planned out humans from the beginning.

Crick has no issues with it, and he's a lot more educated than either of us :)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#590315 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly don't know. Is that what a proxy server does?
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It produces abiogenesis in the absence of oxygen.
I thought the Jesus! was a proxy server....

Or, as The Dave nelson would say:

<The Dave Nelson> "... or something like that... OH!..has anyone seen my sippy winebox cooler?"

go figure.

Location hidden

#590316 Sep 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I was hoping you saw that
I had you, Tam, and RR in mind when I posted it. I figured it would be something you guys would find funny. I laughed when I saw them!
Ya! Good shipt!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#590317 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you disagree.
There's no reason to call me names just because you disagree with me.
I never spanked my children out of anger. That's the truth. If you can't handle it and want to keep making stuff up, so be it.
Look, I read your posts, you are an uneducated hick, with a propensity to deception.

you advocate loaded guns in the house, even in the bedrooms of minor children. You often state your intent to employ them against intruders. This shows clearly both your propensity to violence as control and to an abiding paranoia.

You are pedantic in the extreme often employing your defect as defense against reason. Such behaviour is that of a sociopath.

The only instance in which you admit error is when you wish to manipulate --- psychopath.....

When you first mentioned striking your child(ren) it was in the context of bragging, such is not evidence for measured response.
You also bragged of striking your wife. You then followed with your usual path of attempting to mitigate your own immoral behaviour and failed morality.

You are also an admitted christian, a failed moral system centering on retribution as morality. The abrahamic faiths cater to those with paranoid delusions as witnessed by your adherence.

I make nothing up, other than to assume that the positions you take and the examples you give "faith"fully reflect your philosophy.

I wish to express my utter disgust with the persona you display. I wish no mistake in the words that I choose, for I wish to say to you the most vile insult that I know.

you have the morals of a christian.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#590318 Sep 13, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
right
2 Cor 12;2.is excelent experience of apostle Paul,
he was cought up to third heavens in vison of great 3rd antidimensional place,but body in phisical sense was on the earth,because Paul at this time wasnt in the soul and body fullness-perfection,he had to be on this earth to fulfill Gods assignment?
very excelent deep spiritual proff?
12;3 is addition to this
Acts 22;17....state that Paul himself was like in the trance,
Really good complimentary verse with Acts 22:17

It's things like that or like the visions in John not bring literal but rather his perception are important when it comes to getting a complete understanding of what is taking place.

I hear people claim "apologetic excuse" a lot but that's because they are not looking at other verses that add more detail or reiterate the same point. And almost always there is other scripture

Thanks for the Acts verse. Gonna make sure to include that from here on out if having a serious discussion

(T) Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Tony17 548,896
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min bad bob 174,429
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Buck Crick 751,215
If ya' gonna' be anything in life...you might a... 23 min Doctor REALITY 5
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 29 min ian 564
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 31 min Dr_Zorderz 4,791
Future danger to planet Earth. 44 min Kid_Tomorrow 8
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 45 min USN Atheist 5,511
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Dave Nelson 230,104
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Insults Are Easier 261,709

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE