Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#590030 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

I can't help where the signal gets routed from.
MisterCharrington wrote:
The endpoint node for your signal in California is...North Carolina? LMFAO
You must live around some really gullible people.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590031 Sep 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
True dat!
Ians is a hard cold playa from the streets yo
I may have to hire a bodyguard!
(He will probably think I'm serious with the 'true dat'. His memory isn't so good...heh)
Don't sweat it.

It wouldn't be a "meat space" bodyguard so it should be pretty cheap.

Maybe like a firewall?

"Muro cortafuegos" for IANS.

Lol

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#590032 Sep 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
It's a virtual video game..so there won't be actually any prizes writer.
Similar to religious texts, no?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590033 Sep 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I thought this was an interesting article...
http://www.indystar.com/usatoday/article/2795...
Judge supports Lance Armstrong's right to lie
Excerpt...
"The Court concludes, despite plaintiffs' allegations that the Armstrong books contained false and misleading statements, that the content of the books is afforded full First Amendment protection," England wrote.
But the lawsuit wasn't just about whether he lied in his books â?? an act that is generally protected by the First Amendment right to free speech. Instead, the issue in this case was whether Armstrong's falsehoods could be classified as commercial speech, which is not protected by the First Amendment. Attorneys for the plaintiffs argued that Armstrong's lies were a form of false advertising and fraud that is not protected speech because it deceived consumers into buying books they otherwise would not have bought had they known the truth behind Armstrong's success.
In a sense I understand the law suit...many bought his book under the assumption that he succeeded despite his bouts with cancer all the while claiming he did not dope. I wonder how many would have purchased those books if he had of been honest.
The 1st Amendment protects him...I just wonder if it should have...does this show us a flaw in the "freedom of speech"?
I don't know...was wondering how others felt.
I don't think it's a flaw in freedom of speech. I think it's a flaw in the consumers.

I think people are gullible enough to buy books from him and people like him because it makes them feel closer to the "star".

Look at it this way; people like Mike Tyson and O.J. Simpson still have fans and people that will buy their stuff....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590034 Sep 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Ooops! LOL
That would be a lot of pretending...even for Catcher!
~snikees
LOL

That's the kind of story my great-granddaddy would've preached.

"I had to walk to school uphill, in the snow, both ways, 27 days a week."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590035 Sep 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
Skom apologizes to Chef Boy R Dee while exiting the room backwards:)
~sniggers~

Since: May 11

London, UK

#590036 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah verizon or sprint or bell or who whoever routes it's cell phones from California...not to the next adjacent state, but across multiple state lines and through multiple carriers to North Carolina because it likes to haemorrhage money.

I understand, you're having proxy issues suck it up and stop whining, it all began to unravel days ago, you aren't convincing anyone except those who are OSTENSIBLY dense.

Since: May 11

London, UK

#590037 Sep 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i can put a baby in yur oven, luv!
i'm just mess'n w/ya, hon:)
...werent you female last week?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590038 Sep 13, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
1)And it was then that the Jesus! said; "Acknowledge that. P_ssy" - 1;1 Labiations (NRV, New RiversideRedneck Version)
LOL

Dude, you forgot the "verily I say unto you" part.
How could you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590039 Sep 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So if anyone lies here they can say "Well...It was my Commercial speech"
Or a word jumble...

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#590040 Sep 13, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You are going to die.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not a lie.
?

....?

?!

...!

So...

...bye ... bye .. Miss American Pie, drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry. Them good ol' boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singing...

This'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590041 Sep 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps the best argument for spanking children is that all the usual nut-bags on this thread are opposed to it!
as always, we can thank the devil for overplaying his hand.....
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
The best argument for inflicting physical violence on babies is that atheists are opposed to it?
Marvellous!
Please do not drink any potassium cyanide, I implore you, don't do it dood!
Yes.

atheist = nut-bag

You're learning!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#590042 Sep 13, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
And the thing of it is, I would trust very few of these clowns with my kids..........
;o)
One must always be on guard with one children. No one in this day and age has a sign imprinted on them that read child abuser.

How ever I have chosen to share one of my adventures with you. I was at a store shopping and a tottler walked up and took ahold of my skirt and as I looked down at her she had the biggest prettiest eyes of trust. I looked around for a parent which I did not find and did not see what direction this little one came from due to she walked up behind me. Here what I done I took a very slow walk with her hanging onto my skirt to the service desk. The woman at the service desk as me can I help you and I told her no I am quite fine I just here waiting on someone. While I waited I sat the little one in the set of the shopping cart and gave her my favorite bracelet to play with. I did not wait long cause sure enough a pair of parents in a panick found her and me. Now some where in my mind I knew I could be trusted with this child but did I dare trust anyone else. This is why I simple hung on to her until the parents showed up. Tis a true story Rider.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#590043 Sep 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i didn't catch the infant part - my bad.
BUT, nut-bags are usually opposed to all things good so ya can't blame me for assuming....;)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#590044 Sep 13, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah verizon or sprint or bell or who whoever routes it's cell phones from California...not to the next adjacent state, but across multiple state lines and through multiple carriers to North Carolina because it likes to haemorrhage money.
I understand, you're having proxy issues suck it up and stop whining, it all began to unravel days ago, you aren't convincing anyone except those who are OSTENSIBLY dense.
Sometimes I post from my iPhone.

Sometimes I post from my work terminal.

If you can't understand that, there's nothing I can do for you.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#590045 Sep 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I have confronted him. When he first came on here he came with X...and they came down on everyone. He really did not like Drew who is the original poster that said "Brag on God"....I just recently confronted him on his saying he was a Professor when he first came on the thread. I am the type of person that says what I have to say and if nothing is changing....I scroll past......
I stand corrected then......
;o)

I remember the professor thing now that you mention it, and more power to you for letting things go.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#590046 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I post from my iPhone.
Sometimes I post from my work terminal.
If you can't understand that, there's nothing I can do for you.
http://www.ordinarypastor.com/...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#590047 Sep 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I thought this was an interesting article...
http://www.indystar.com/usatoday/article/2795...
Judge supports Lance Armstrong's right to lie
Excerpt...
"The Court concludes, despite plaintiffs' allegations that the Armstrong books contained false and misleading statements, that the content of the books is afforded full First Amendment protection," England wrote.
But the lawsuit wasn't just about whether he lied in his books â?? an act that is generally protected by the First Amendment right to free speech. Instead, the issue in this case was whether Armstrong's falsehoods could be classified as commercial speech, which is not protected by the First Amendment. Attorneys for the plaintiffs argued that Armstrong's lies were a form of false advertising and fraud that is not protected speech because it deceived consumers into buying books they otherwise would not have bought had they known the truth behind Armstrong's success.
In a sense I understand the law suit...many bought his book under the assumption that he succeeded despite his bouts with cancer all the while claiming he did not dope. I wonder how many would have purchased those books if he had of been honest.
The 1st Amendment protects him...I just wonder if it should have...does this show us a flaw in the "freedom of speech"?
I don't know...was wondering how others felt.
Here is the story

Jane Akre

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Akre

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#590048 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Dude, you forgot the "verily I say unto you" part.
How could you?
Yeah, I did leave that out.

All I can say is I just got in a little while ago from working and in among feeding dogs, shower and such, it slipped my mind.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#590049 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's a flaw in freedom of speech. I think it's a flaw in the consumers.
I think people are gullible enough to buy books from him and people like him because it makes them feel closer to the "star".
Look at it this way; people like Mike Tyson and O.J. Simpson still have fans and people that will buy their stuff....
I don't know RR...

He wrote his personal story which now he has admitted is a lie...the judge ruled that he did not break the 1st Amendment...which I agree with.

However...the sale of the book was in part due to that lie...

People like to read human interest stories...his story as he originally told it could be considered inspiring. We read stories such as this all the time...makes us feel better about the world...about people in general.

When we find out it was a lie...we feel betrayed...we begin to not trust people...to not believe anyone.

Do you think as many people would have bought his book if he had of been honest about doping? Should our 1st Amendment be used to protect someone that profited by his lie?

I think he comes close to breaking that "truth in advertising" clause.

I know...I know...I am off topic here...has nothing to do with "Why Jesus Should Love Me". I will let you guys get back to discussing that. I was bored...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min King Salim 974,840
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 54 min Thinking 71,024
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr King Salim 45,627
girls how many gangbangs have you had (Feb '15) 1 hr Ewwwww 62
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 658,878
Trump is un-American... 1 hr Tony 2
rajkot gey (Nov '15) 2 hr abc 80
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 hr gundee123 5,059
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 7 hr Go Blue Forever 253
More from around the web