Have a fantastic day!
LOL

You too RR...
Ben Adam

Wyncote, PA

#589919 Sep 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just like Mike.....Always buzzing around irritating people (usually Christians)
So I'm using my handy dandy Super Fly swatter....
S_P_L_A_T
There I got cha
Too bad you don't have the courage to confront John Coffey like that.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#589920 Sep 13, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
If this topic continues I might wonder if that's why he got bitten.
I would have to wonder that also.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#589921 Sep 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing.
I understand how difficult it is to be a single parent.
When I had my daughter I went "over night" from a single female to an instant single parent.
I spent most of my time working trying to earn enough to keep her fed, diapers, doctor bills, day care...clothes for her to wear. If it had not been for my mother...I wouldn't have made it.
I always seemed to run about $20 short every week...she helped with that when she could. She would also come and pick up my daughter and take her home with her for a few days to give me a break...more to allow me to work extra overtime during that time.
Some days I would put in 12-15 hours...come home a be a mom...fall in bed...only to start the whole process over again the next day.
I think that is why I got so upset when you talked about "baby mamas". Some of us tried to do it all on our own. I suppose that I could have gotten some government assistance...I didn't...I did not expect anyone to "pay" for choices that I made.
You seem like a great mama. My mom and my (now deceased) mother-in-law where the same way. Worked hard at work and worked hard at home. Just like you.

I'm sorry if I offended you with the "baby mama" comments, I wasn't trying to. But my heart is hardened beyond belief about the irresponsibility and childishness that a lot of women play today when it comes to "being a single mom".

People like you are a different story. You had your child with your husband. You planned on raising a family, not being a single mom. And I feel sad for you for your loss.

The baby mamas that I'm referring to are the dropdead "egg donors" that I talk about, not people like you.

Hopefully what will clear this up will be this minor explanation; When I talk about "baby mamas", I'm not talking about single moms. To me, they are quite different. Just as different as a father and a "sperm donor".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#589922 Sep 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did youa sk?
Tired of pretending to be a lawyer 27 days a week and waiting for clients to come to you so you are hoping to potential clients to commit crimes?
You getting too old to chase ambulances?
Here I found a quicker way for you
This is a Google search where I used the keywords "man accused of molesting child"
https://www.google.com/search...
There ought to be a lot of clients in there for you
Wait a minute

Hold on

Just a sec

What the

"27 days a week"?

~sniggers~

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#589923 Sep 13, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Laffin. Attention and saluting easy.
Marching and saluting HARD.
*thump*
Hi Mac....Sorry to hear about your arm...I'm glad you can still use it (a little)

You Brits have a funny (silly) sense of humor. When you first came here....Did you think American humor was funny?

Since: Sep 10

United States

#589924 Sep 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Esta hogar es católico.
<quoted text>
It Aint Necessarily Sew, my new pseudonym.
Este hogar.

Baby steps.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#589925 Sep 13, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Much damage to left arm. Bone grafts, metal plates, nerve damage, loss of fine motor control.
30 years later, still hurts.
I can no longer play guitar, keyboard or tin whistle.
On the upside, I CAN still play harmonica, bodhrán and drums.
And I don't use "Handicapable". I have a busted wing.
Oh shit. That sucks.

That means you can't play Xbox.

Dude, if you need anything......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#589926 Sep 13, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You are going to die.
That is not a lie.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#589927 Sep 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice
Although mixing Topix and culture has to be some sort of violation of natural law
Its like having a fine wine with spaghetti-o's
:)
HEY!

DO NOT....

.......mess with spaghetti-o's.

Understand?

*cocks shotgun*

*click CLACK*

Since: Sep 10

United States

#589928 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I am lower than a cigarette butt in the gutter?
*Hangs head low*
*Walks off slowly*
Yes.

Child abuse is despicable conduct.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#589929 Sep 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I like debate...I like discussing different view points...I think that we do need to communicate our differences...
What I find...to be honest...is the pissing contests that go on to be childish. Some of the things that are said to each other remind me of the behavioral children that I worked with.
If people are just here to "bash" each other I suppose they are having their needs met. If they are truly here to try and discuss...then I would say that seldom happens. No one on either side is listening once the insults start.
There are a few here that have tried to share what we have in common...discuss the differences and try to understand each other. Maybe that is an impossible feat...I am beginning to think so. Maybe we are just as divided as it appears that we are.
In the mean time...I am glad that we have been able to put our differences aside...find what we have in common...
Okay...I doubt if I get any positive icons for this post...oh well...they really hold no value in the grand scheme of things!
Here...I will share a bit with you that I see quite often...it is just right down the street from me...
The guy at the piano...is there a lot...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =j1tq83fQ9fYXX
I have seen this guy too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
LOL
That is cool....Where you "milling around"?....LOL...

They were really good.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#589930 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem like a great mama. My mom and my (now deceased) mother-in-law where the same way. Worked hard at work and worked hard at home. Just like you.
I'm sorry if I offended you with the "baby mama" comments, I wasn't trying to. But my heart is hardened beyond belief about the irresponsibility and childishness that a lot of women play today when it comes to "being a single mom".
People like you are a different story. You had your child with your husband. You planned on raising a family, not being a single mom. And I feel sad for you for your loss.
The baby mamas that I'm referring to are the dropdead "egg donors" that I talk about, not people like you.
Hopefully what will clear this up will be this minor explanation; When I talk about "baby mamas", I'm not talking about single moms. To me, they are quite different. Just as different as a father and a "sperm donor".
RR....You are mistaken...Annie said she got pregnant out of wedlock and raised the baby on her own without any outside help (her Mom helped a lot)

Does that change your opinion of her?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#589931 Sep 13, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize for being picky. Really!
1. You're using the word "evolved" incorrectly. People cannot evolve. Perhaps "trained" or "hard working" or "brilliant" would be a better word choice here?
2. I haven't got a clue how anyone would measure that. How the brain works differs depending on structure. Some areas are small but do a lot of work (a lot of neurons pass through; they're communicating, monitoring and determining sites), others are fairly large but handle more than one task (language and somatosensory), others are large but handle the social (the frontal and pre-frontal cortex).
So, while you're doing anything - say, typing on topix - all of your "hindbrain" or brain stem to medulla is being used to keep your body functioning. Additionally, your hypothalamus is constantly coordinating signals and hormones, the thalamus is gating and directing activity, all kinds of areas are constantly checking and double checking on every aspect of your experience - and more that you aren't aware of.
Your occipital cortex is nearly entirely occupied with interpreting the constant flow of visual data - insanely fast, it's been calculated at 1 terabyte per second.
Memories are constantly being formed through the interaction of the thalamus and amygdala. Constantly. Your balance is constantly being corrected by the cerebellum in connection to the substantia niagra.
And so on. Almost all brain structures are functioning every few hundred milliseconds - all to provide you with proper functioning bodily and environmental experience.
It is, currently, impossible to calculate how much potential any of us as in "how much more could we remember? How much better can we do X (where X is a skill, like piano or skydiving), how much better can we learn to articulate ourselves?" These kinds of questions are entirely unknown - and unknowable with our current level of technology.
So the exact figure of 24% seems baffling to me. Admittedly, I'm out of the field, it's been a while since I participated in neuroscience.
It's kind of like claiming that, if you weight lift, you'll eventually reach a maximum. You won't - well, not because you have a set muscle strength. Your maximum will be determined by how you train, when you started, what you eat, how old your muscles are, etc. But no one could look at you and say "you'll be able to bench press 151.25 lbs and that will be it. At that point, you'll stop gaining strength."
Yes, you can always train harder, focus more. There is no limit except the very real limit of time, youth, nutritional resources and body limitations - plus the learning curve. We typically start strong and subsequently gain more and more slowly (in a gated fashion; I'm oversimplifying). So, once you put in your 10 000 hours and become an expert, subsequent increases in practice time don't do much except to hone your understanding for your craft.
So, I'd agree - no one uses 100% of their potential. Part of that is because you'll never know what your potential was until you are dead (and you won't know in that case...) and, at that point, we'll be able to say "here, this is where s/he had their maximum strength, put the most effort into X, etc."
Am I making sense?
No. That doesn't help me at all.

My brain is kind of like a squirrel on a running wheel.

How does that work?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#589932 Sep 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mac....Sorry to hear about your arm...I'm glad you can still use it (a little)
You Brits have a funny (silly) sense of humor. When you first came here....Did you think American humor was funny?
Oh, I'm used to it. Learned to change a diaper, and tie little baby shoelaces, one-handed.

Oh, and I'm a Mick, not a Brit - but no, I saw enough American TV growing up that the humour, while a bit primitive, wasn't new to me.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#589933 Sep 13, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Post after Post of parenting advice and skills
But in all of that thinking and writings no one come forward to say Today I kissed and cuddled my babies that is a gift from God. The wonder of it all.
Sorry folks I must walk away for awhile even in here I can feel the abuse which is so very wrong.
Abuse has never solved any type of human problems.
Might check in later.
Hi LW....Good to see you...No one said that because no one on here has any babies....Just teenagers and adult children.

No one is abusing children...Just some posters trying to "push buttons"....Now RR needs to stop RE acting....(Just my opinion)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#589934 Sep 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shit. That sucks.
That means you can't play Xbox.
Dude, if you need anything......
I've not been a gamer since "Satan's Hollow" went away.

I kicked butt at that.

Thanks for the thought, and the offer, but I'm all adjusted now.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#589935 Sep 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Child abuse is despicable conduct.
I agree 100%.

Since: May 11

UK

#589936 Sep 13, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Laffin. Attention and saluting easy.
Marching and saluting HARD.
*thump*
Sal-uting on the march, squadeyyyyyyes LEFT!

Up two three, down two three, fall two three, ow! two three, bleed two three....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#589937 Sep 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Epi
I agreed with post you are talking about to Annie
There should be a reply mixed in there somewhere
Hope all is well:)
Saw it....Thanks

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Robert F 596,133
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min The Joker 444,281
___Warnings Issued for July 4th Holiday 7 min Rumorz 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessari... 854,537
___FEDs Funding ISIS w Your Taxes! 9 min Rumorz 1
__ US FED Runs the Narcotics Trade 12 min Rumorz 1
White Lives MATTER 13 min Knock off purse s... 20
The Christian Atheist debate 23 min -Alan S Shole- 881
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web