|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you're here, Scar.
We need more people to speak up as you do.
Thanks, Catcher. I feel the same. Glad. That also goes to any here who feel the same. I'm not going to try and name everyone, but we know who we are, and we are not racists.

I agree we need more people who stand up and speak out against racism.

What is troubling is that people admit to being racist, and will try to minimize that admission by asserting they are not "complete racists", making statements similar to:

"Well, I'm only a little racist"..."I've got a touch of racism, but not much"

That's akin to saying:

"I only stabbed that person a little bit"..."I didn't rape a lot, it was just a little rape"

As if there is a difference.

All racism is equally bad.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

lil whimpers wrote:
That boy is plain filthy. I don't come here to read that kind of anti-social yelping.

If you see lil whispers, tell her I'm hidin' in the rose bushes.
Have you seen her recent avatar? Sh-wing!
http://avatar.exe.by/avatars/pinup/img/0056.j...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
I want racism to be completely obliterated, and that has nothing to do with me being an atheist. It's because I'm a human being. That's my race. I am a human being.
Well said. We are one species, one world.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Jesus tells us to love people.
He needs to speak up. I can't hear him. All I hear are Christians, and that isn't their message. Christianity isn't about love. It's about obedience and submission.
Qu_innocence wrote:
He doesn't force us to love people... He doesn't force us because we must do so out of our own God-given free will, by trust and voluntary submission to what He said for us to do.
There you go.

A loving parent would force his/her children to love one another if he had the power. We do our best to conform them to that ideal. Why wouldn't our god do as much for us?

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
But that is not analogous. An analogous story would be of somebody claiming to be a Christian, and then telling me that they rejected Christ as savior.
Even then, I wouldn't tell them that they aren't culturally Christian. There are large numbers of such people, they need to be acknowledged, and they need a name. They are exactly analogous to atheistic Jews - people who embrace the culture and social bonds of of Judaism, but not the theology. Such cultural Christians are commonplace. They're the people who check "Christian" on a survey, and celebrate Christmas and Easter - perhaps even in a church - but have no supernatural beliefs, and don't pray or read the bible.
======
@ Skombolis: this is what Topix is for: the civil and democratic exchange of ideas, not your ridiculous and abusive type of posting.
I know very intelligent anthropologists who are such atheistic Christians.

One recognizes the cultural significance and historical value Christianity has, and enjoys the powerful networking abilities of her church - it brings in speakers like Bishop Tutu and sponsors discussions on morality and so on. Yet she considers the stories in the Bible mythological fabrications.

Another believes that people require ritual through social interaction, so she holds a high place in her church. I don't know that she's atheist, but there's not a chance that she believes in Christian myths. Her husband and son openly make fun of Christianity, so I'm guessing it simply has some ritualistic significance to her.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, you're wasting your time with RR. Simply put, he's not living in the present time. He obviously physically exists in 2013, but he espouses the cultural values of an alpha male from the 1950's. Some situations in life are unwinnable, I believe this is one of them.
Most of us understand that we don't write for the benefit of the Christians that we are addressing directly, but for the benefit of the gallery of skeptics reading along. I have found Hiding's (and scaritual's) posting on the topic of racism illuminating. Did you look at the paper she lined to on institutionalized violence? Did you see her treatment of the biology and genetics of race? Did you see the posts on achieved and ascribed status?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Good evening Shrink... though I may not fully agree... thanks for your own civil input concerning this.
Seriously? Have you ever benefited from reading one of his posts? I haven't.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He needs to speak up. I can't hear him. All I hear are Christians, and that isn't their message. Christianity isn't about love. It's about obedience and submission.
<quoted text>
There you go.
A loving parent would force his/her children to love one another if he had the power. We do our best to conform them to that ideal. Why wouldn't our god do as much for us?
Well here it is my children...

I'm going to hide from you, I'm going to operate a 'hands-off' parenting style, I'm going to be completely undetectable in a world of poverty, savagery, greed and war.

However all I ask is that you love me because if you don't I'm going to send you to a man who lives in the basement who is going to do things to you which would make Hieronymus Bosch pee his pants.

Love ya kids...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
im sure it was just wishful thinking on his part that it was my fly!
Aura Mytha wrote:
EWWWWW that pointy red thing! hahahah
Did the Dimwit have his lipstick out again? I think it happens when he stands up on his hinds and begins hopping.

I hope he doesn't start licking it.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Mornin.....How'r ya doin?

“The good we secure for ourselves
is precarious and uncertain
until it is secured for all of us
and incorporated into our common life.”

~ Jane Addams

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Today's Prayer

Today we remember the horrific tragedy of September 11, 2001. This terrorist act shocked a nation; in fact, shocked much of the world. It was Jehovah God who provided the comfort that no one else could. He is our hope and our refuge and the One in whom we trust. Dear God, May you be glorified and may our nation, and all Christians everywhere, be humbled as we seek your face and your forgiveness for our sins and shortcomings. Please comfort those who mourn, heal our land, protect your people, and guide us in these turbulent days of unrest and disaster, of unbelief and hypocrisy, and of biblical prophecy come to pass. It is like no time we have yet experienced. We need your grace. We cannot face the day alone. Thank you, heavenly Father, for your love and presence and power in our lives. And as Irving Berlin once composed…
God bless America, land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
through the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
to the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, my home sweet home.

Prime time with God

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Red Apples wrote:
Don't you ever get tired of getting slapped around in here like a red headed step child? If it wasn't so sad to watch you come in here daily only to be made to look like a fool it would be the funniest thing to see in all of Topix.
Look. Another abusive Christian dimwit spinning reality in defense of Jesus.

@ Quin: the above is the Christian message, not love. It's over half of their posting. If Jesus speaks, he speaks through people like this.
Red Apples wrote:
Some advise Orderly. Try to get some sleep tonight, rather then coming in here in the middle of the night (like you do every night) to post your garbage. Just because you can't sleep thinking of how pitiful your life is in Mexico doesn't mean you have to drag the rest of the world down with your middle of the night nightmares.
I don't require as much sleep as you do, slugabed. It's not unusual. You can read about it here in this article entitled "19 Successful People Who Barely Sleep"
http://www.businessinsider.com/successful-peo...

"A small group (1 to 3 percent) of the population are among the "sleepless elite" who are able to get by happily on just a few hours of sleep."

With more wakeful hours every day, we have longer lives in a very practical sense of the word. And we can get more done.
Red Apples wrote:
Another words, get a life Orderly!!!
"Another words"? Like I said, another unwashed, unlettered dimwit for Jesus. Go back to sleep.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Encouraging Words....

Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.

Romans 12:10

K-Love

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja, ja, the Hanoverian kings.
George I couldn't even spreche Englisch.
The UK hasn't been British since Claudius crossed the channel.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
Clearly, you are correct, I am wasting my time.

Not sure that I see this situation as a winnable/unwinnable one, but an instructive one. RR's teaching us all how insidious structural violence works - he has admitted that he's an unwilling tool of racism. He doesn't want to be a racist, but he has no choice, no power to change himself.
So we know the limits of this man. This is enculturation. It's powerful. That he is conflicted over his own thoughts and behavior and powerless to change them provides a wonderfully strong example of how limited people are by their growth and development. We cannot trust people's subjective realities. So the tools of science, the reflexivity and critical analyzing of the self in the social sciences are so necessary for us to understand humanity.
These tools lead us to reject religion. Just as RR's racism is the direct product of his early environment, so are his religious experiences. "God" certainly spoke to RR in RR's reality, but it is no more objectively real than RR's racist image of black Americans. Just as we can do away with his racism as a product of his early environment, so to can we do away with his religious experiences thusly.
I have no doubt both are meaningful to him, and neither are descriptive of objective reality.
Excellent. Please continue "wasting" your time just like this.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Well here it is my children...
I'm going to hide from you, I'm going to operate a 'hands-off' parenting style, I'm going to be completely undetectable in a world of poverty, savagery, greed and war.
However all I ask is that you love me because if you don't I'm going to send you to a man who lives in the basement who is going to do things to you which would make Hieronymus Bosch pee his pants.
Love ya kids...
Great analogy!

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
Romans 12:10
K-Love
Who are "each other" ?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
"You should be thankful you are not in the Old Testament times, because there are some of us who would gladly execute you. I would rejoice at that privilege..." - L. Craig Martindale
“I figured a way out — a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers. But I couldn’t get it passed through Congress. Build a great big large fence, 150 or 100 mile (sic) long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. Have that fence electrified so they can’t get out. Feed ‘em, and– And you know what? In a few years they’ll die out. You know why? They can’t reproduce.”- North Carolina Pastor Charles Worley

@ Quin:

Jesus may be mutely calling for love from the pages of a book referred to more than read, but this is the message that's actually being propagated by Christianity. These are/were both successful and highly visible televangelist preachers with large followings.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi nano.
Do you know the story of the scorpion and the frog?
That story was told on Voyager...

By Chakotay...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna guess the "Wizard" reference in your SN wasn't meant to imply anything ether, eh?
You don't have to be a member of some organization or group in order to support the actions, philosophy or agenda of aid organization or group.
Which is what you do when you support any racism at all, even if it's your own "special" brand of racism.
Gandalf the Pink??

Ya, he's a menacing supremacist...

O_o

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 562,301 - 562,320 of599,014
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••