Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#588302 Sep 11, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Many happy returns, Epi.
Thanks Rosa....Have a great day today also (or night in Aussie land)

:-)
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#588303 Sep 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

3. Your mocking education is infantile and demonstrates, in addition to your racist, sexist and bigoted comments, who you are.
Every comment you write does. You damn yourself through your own words. By all means, please continue.
No one mocks education, just the arrogant educated. Damns oneself, to who, insignifigant people who don't really matter? Leave the ivory tower and try real life. Ians couldn't take the gaff he hightailed it. Not that theres to much wrong with that. Stop hating people who are different, you haven't contributed much to the world yet. Youre quite inexperienced in many things. Your motto is a clear indication of your high mindedness. You do sit naked on your throne, powerless. I have near illiterate latinos managing property and tenants that have much more influence and power than you.

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#588304 Sep 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that all the self-proclaimed "intellectuals" are the ones doing most of the shit-talkin? That's a curiosity...
But anyways,
<quoted text>
Bullshit. I'm tired of hearing that cop-out.
Two different people from the same neighborhood can turn out completely different, while both having the same chances in life as the other.
One chooses a life of honest work, the other chooses a life of crime and drugs.
And you blame society for only ONE of them...
Is the one who chooses the life of crime white or black?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#588305 Sep 11, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>What a lie.
STFU, Racist!

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#588306 Sep 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. You have elegantly articulated the justification for unbelievers doing "violence" to that church, meaning emphatically declaiming it.
<quoted text>
As you note, the Christians are also the victims of their church. And though we can't do much for those already captured, whatever we can accomplish now will also be our gift to that fraction of posterity that eludes that vile ideology because of it.
Isn't that important? Isn't what we do here doing our small part to promote a worthwhile change in Western culture? I'm proud to do my part.
Well said, well said.

It was Scar who informed me of the potential lurkers here. It's possible I've always underestimated the importance of Topix, but I just can't see this forum reaching large readership.

Book, book, book!

That said, some of the ideas I'm working on for future papers I developed here - I was able to use my replies to very ignorant people to more accurately and simply explain my viewpoints on interesting issues (such as species, speciation, malaria and enculturation). So, that's a positive. In some ways, this place is like a diary :)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#588307 Sep 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
You would probably not be surprised at how many millions of (USA)Americans have no problem with murdering gays, blacks, Jews, Muslims, atheists, etc. all in the name of Jesus.
Correct. I would not be surprised.
BenAdam wrote:
The truth is that the more conservatively / fundamentally religious the person, the more likely they are to be dangerous.
I couldn't agree more.
http://ahelicoptermom.com/wp-content/uploads/...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#588308 Sep 11, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the bible belt BA and know no one that would do that.
The Bible belt is famous for segregation. It only was outlawed a few decades ago and still persists in the culture.

"I haven't seen it." is a poor argument.

Fennario

#588309 Sep 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
You shall reap what you sow and sow what you shall reap. Often is a double edged sword.
Don't forget to sew what you rip, Whispers.

Some stable somewhere

#588310 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Just as with Skombolis, I think that nano shares responsibility for not being a better person than she is. There is no excuse for the self-indulgent behavior of either of them.
I believe Nano's early childhood trauma permanently damaged her ability to think, and I feel bad that she went through that.

However, I'm not a psychiatrist and just want to distance myself from the misery that Nano is. I can't help her, she needs professional help, maybe medication. Ah, to be honest, she's probably on medication.

Some stable somewhere

#588311 Sep 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a saying: "A drunk mind speaks a true heart".
Yeah. And it revealed your repulsive side.

Fennario

#588312 Sep 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious with this?!
Do you really need some kind of study to "prove" to you that people that receive free housing, free food etc. should be grateful for that?!?
Do you ever express the same sentiments about white people not expressing gratitude for free education and roads?

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#588313 Sep 11, 2013
Hmm, imagine that, yet another holiday for the school students in PA. What a great state for a student that doesn't want to go to school. School there is on vacation or on a holiday break more then it is in session.

Some stable somewhere

#588314 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I suspect that there is a large fraction of people calling themselves Christian that are atheists, although I suspect that because of that affinity for things Christians that they find the word "atheist" troubling and don't use it. The church has pejorated the word to the point that it pushes the same buttons as the word "pedophile" does.
If such people qualify their Christianity at all, it is likely to be with words like "spiritual but not religious" or "agnostic." Hopefully, the church has not affected their thinking much.
These are some of the people that the atheistic billboards like "Are you good without God? Millions are" and "Don't believe in God? You're not alone" are reaching out to.
Have you seen the reactive billboards? These are two of the worst:
"Why do atheists hate America?"
http://blueollie.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/...
"Anti-God is Anti-American. Anti-American is Treason. Traitors lead to Civil War"
http://socialpsychologyeye.files.wordpress.co...
=======
@ Quin: Is this some of the love that Jesus is teaching? I say that Jesus doesn't teach. These people teach. But you believe that Jesus is not just words in some book charge, but has dominion over the world. You believe that the spirit of your god inheres in believers. Is this how it/they speak?
Perhaps you can understand my scoffing when you say that Jesus teaches love. Your talking about ink on paper, not teaching.
The contrast between the atheist messages and the Christian ones is hilarious, clearly demonstrating the paucity of education and etiquette on the Christian side.

Yes, all the polls show that Christians don't have as much education as atheists, and so on, but clearly they're lacking an ability to be self-reflexive, no matter how educated. That's the one thing I can never identify with - who doesn't seek to understand self in an honest way?

Interesting story: In Japanese Buddhism-Shintoism, when butterflies make themselves visible to you, it's the spirit of a deceased relative.

Well, I have this Christian friend who explained that the butterfly outside her glass door was her dead grandmother. Naturally, I couldn't help thinking "gosh, you're just not like American Christians."
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#588315 Sep 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the kind words HFN
Good to see you
:)
Good to see you too.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#588316 Sep 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you not know what taxes are for, why governments exist, how they came about and why you are not a peasant right now?
Well, this is actually a long-standing debate

And while U.S. government anyway has discretionary spending when it comes to taxes and it has always been left up to the individual bodies of Congress to decide how to spend that money, the closest anyone can get to justifying social programs when it comes to taxes is the use of the word 'welfare' in the U.S. Constitution

"“The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and General Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.”

http://heartland.org/policy-documents/what-co...

It is not explicitly laid out and comes down to personal interpretation whether it is in the best interest of the country to financially aid those who are not self-sufficient

It really is more of a moral issue than a legal one

While most people might argue that there deserves to be some safety net for people that through no fault of their own can not contribute to society or people that have and no longer can, there is always an ongoing debate whether this should include people who can contribute and choose not to

My personal feeling is there is no way to help the former without helping the latter. Some people will always scam the system but the solution isn't screw the people that deserve help and that is unavoidable when aid is cut

But in fairness I don't think anybody can say as a fact a government has a duty to provide social programs through taxes

Although I would argue it has a moral obligation and is a reflection of its people

Some stable somewhere

#588317 Sep 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Errr..... Whut?
Please find the post where I said "those people are criminals because of their race".
Go.
You said it lots. We've played this game, you and I, before. I find the post and then you write "oh, I didn't remember."

And you've played this game with IANS, where you accused him of something and he asked you to back that up via linking the post - and your response was not to do it,'cause your words were good enough for you.

So, whatever RR. You made that claim that blacks are lazy and "criminal minded" multiple times. Deny it all you want, it's common knowledge on this thread now, racist.

Some stable somewhere

#588318 Sep 11, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>What a lie.
All nonbelievers posting on this thread are not racists. If you think it's a life, link the post where an unbeliever makes a racist comment.

If you cannot, you are the liar.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#588319 Sep 11, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Hmm, imagine that, yet another holiday for the school students in PA. What a great state for a student that doesn't want to go to school. School there is on vacation or on a holiday break more then it is in session.
It must annoy you that God loves me so much more than you. I am getting better and your heart is getting worse.

I am looking forward to your funeral. The world will be blessed.

"Lie for Jesus!" - John Coffey

Some stable somewhere

#588320 Sep 11, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> The arrogance of hfy is clearly displayed in her motto on her avatar. She always "interpets" as she sees fit. She hates people that are different. Whats hilarious is that the ivory tower she lives in is in much better shape than the ramshackle housing she squats at.
Hardly, racist. I constantly fight against racists like you who denigrate people not like you.

I love how you pretend that my house somehow detracts from my words.

The reality is, Bongo, you lack education. You have a simple view of reality - moreover, you're impressed by education. You're constantly begging women of learning to go on dates with you, thinking we'll be impressed by your money.

I can't imagine a more boring time, talking with someone who's knowledge of history is beaten by most 16 year olds.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#588321 Sep 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Nano's early childhood trauma permanently damaged her ability to think, and I feel bad that she went through that.
However, I'm not a psychiatrist and just want to distance myself from the misery that Nano is. I can't help her, she needs professional help, maybe medication. Ah, to be honest, she's probably on medication.
You've taken or still take anti depressants. You've relied on assistance to get into your ivory tower. You drink to much. You don't "earn" money or pay taxes. Youre a r r o g a n t, a much higher sin than all the things your ilk complain about

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min Gymguy 6,510
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Pres Donald J Tru... 122,616
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min confrinting with ... 681,514
O.J. and Paula...June 11,1994: Malice Aforethou... 37 min Pres Donald J Tru... 9
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 8 hr Daniel 1,024
Why was Orenthal mad enuff to commit murder??! 11 hr Trump Saves Dead ... 10
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 hr Gabriel 982,157
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 hr onemales mother 286,423
More from around the web