“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#588191 Sep 11, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Well here it is my children...
I'm going to hide from you, I'm going to operate a 'hands-off' parenting style, I'm going to be completely undetectable in a world of poverty, savagery, greed and war.
However all I ask is that you love me because if you don't I'm going to send you to a man who lives in the basement who is going to do things to you which would make Hieronymus Bosch pee his pants.
Love ya kids...
Great analogy!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#588192 Sep 11, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
Romans 12:10
K-Love
Who are "each other" ?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#588193 Sep 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
"You should be thankful you are not in the Old Testament times, because there are some of us who would gladly execute you. I would rejoice at that privilege..." - L. Craig Martindale
“I figured a way out — a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers. But I couldn’t get it passed through Congress. Build a great big large fence, 150 or 100 mile (sic) long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. Have that fence electrified so they can’t get out. Feed ‘em, and– And you know what? In a few years they’ll die out. You know why? They can’t reproduce.”- North Carolina Pastor Charles Worley

@ Quin:

Jesus may be mutely calling for love from the pages of a book referred to more than read, but this is the message that's actually being propagated by Christianity. These are/were both successful and highly visible televangelist preachers with large followings.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#588194 Sep 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi nano.
Do you know the story of the scorpion and the frog?
That story was told on Voyager...

By Chakotay...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#588195 Sep 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna guess the "Wizard" reference in your SN wasn't meant to imply anything ether, eh?
You don't have to be a member of some organization or group in order to support the actions, philosophy or agenda of aid organization or group.
Which is what you do when you support any racism at all, even if it's your own "special" brand of racism.
Gandalf the Pink??

Ya, he's a menacing supremacist...

O_o

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#588196 Sep 11, 2013
When Jezebel the queen mother heard that Jehu had com to Jereel she painted her eyelids and fixed her hair and sat at a window. When Jehu entered the gate of the palace she shouted at him. Have you come in peace you murderer?? You are just like Zimri who murdered his master.

Jehu looked up and saw her at the window and shouted Who is on my side? And two or three eunuchs looked at him. Throw her down, Jehu Yelled
So they threw her out the window and some of her blood spattered against the wall and on the horses. And Jehu trampled her body under his horses hooves.

Then Jehu went into the palace and ate and drank. Afterwards he said, Someone go and bury this cursed woman. for she is the daughter of the king. But when they went out to bury her they found only her skull, her feet and her hands.

When they returned and told Jehu He stated, This fulfills the message from the Lord which he spoke through his servant Elijah from Tishbe. At the plot
of the land in Jereel, dogs will eat Jezebel's flesh. Her body will be scattered like dung on the field of Jezree. so that no one will be able to recognize her.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#588197 Sep 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, AnnieJ, when someone uses a group of people to insult others, they are not insulting the group as a whole, but demeaning their own character. Racism doesn't tell us anything about "races." It just tells us how ignorant and intellectually impoverished the racist is.
As disturbing as I find the "in your face" racist/bigot...I am possibly more disturbed something else...those that don't realize they are being a racist or bigot. I am not sure that I know exactly what to call it.

Scenario...

Straight person 1 says they are not homophobic...Straight person 1 gets angry at Straight person 2...person 1 calls person 2 a faggot...accuses them of being gay...using "gay" as an insult.

Is person 1 non-homophobic as they claim?

Why would someone who claims to have no problems with someone being gay then turn around and use "gay" as a tool to degrade person 2?

Same thing with racism...claim to not be racist...yet doesn't hesitate to use ethnic slurs or tell ethnic jokes.

Just my opinion...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#588198 Sep 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
“I figured a way out — a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers. But I couldn’t get it passed through Congress. Build a great big large fence, 150 or 100 mile (sic) long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. Have that fence electrified so they can’t get out. Feed ‘em, and– And you know what? In a few years they’ll die out. You know why? They can’t reproduce.”- North Carolina Pastor Charles Worley
@ Quin:
Jesus may be mutely calling for love from the pages of a book referred to more than read, but this is the message that's actually being propagated by Christianity. These are/were both successful and highly visible televangelist preachers with large followings.
You would probably not be surprised at how many millions of (USA)Americans have no problem with murdering gays, blacks, Jews, Muslims, atheists, etc. all in the name of Jesus.

I saw it all my life and still do. The saving grace for our country is that there are 10s of millions of liberal Christians who don't.

The truth is that the more conservatively/fundamentally religious the person, the more likely they are to be dangerous.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#588200 Sep 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
We despise you for being liars and hypocrites. Your alleged religion has nothing to do with it.
Well now...

You despise all Christians for the acts of some...

And they call me a bigot...

Ha ha ha

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#588201 Sep 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ah. Early indoctrination and a conditioned reflex.
Much is now made clearer.
<quoted text>
Ignorance is often held onto tenaciously, since to you, it isn't seen as ignorance but a valid form of personal knowledge, and eliminating that ignorance would mean you have to admit that you were indeed ignorant.
Eliminating ignorance in yourself is not a bad thing, and doing that is one of the best things you can do for yourself and more importantly, benefits the world.
Like you said, I don't consider it ignorance. So far, I've talked about those three kids that beat up the other kids, all the blacks in prisons and jails, and the filthy blacks in HUD housing and free housing, etc.

None of that is ignorance, that's just knowledge. As bongo put it, it's calling a spade a spade.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#588202 Sep 11, 2013
You shall reap what you sow and sow what you shall reap. Often is a double edged sword.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#588203 Sep 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Straight person 1 says they are not homophobic...Straight person 1 gets angry at Straight person 2...person 1 calls person 2 a faggot...accuses them of being gay...using "gay" as an insult.
Is person 1 non-homophobic as they claim?...
As soon as someone proves they are anti "X", the deepest cut I can give them is to accuse them of being "X".

For example:
The worst insult you can give a Nazi is to call them a Jew.
The greatest damage to a Nazi is proving they have Jewish blood.

I am sure RR would hate to know that chances are 100% that he has African and Hispanic ancestry. He actually hates himself.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#588204 Sep 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Since you claim this isn't your country it really isn't any of your fkg business who does or does not contributes what. The same goes for all the other loser posters who are not citizens of this country.
So...you think Topix should be segregated? Hmmm

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#588205 Sep 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You're just making up BS. Anyone could do what you're doing, write that kind of trash. It's pretty easy, it's been done throughout history to the poor.
Are you serious with this?!

Do you really need some kind of study to "prove" to you that people that receive free housing, free food etc. should be grateful for that?!?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#588206 Sep 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you said, I don't consider it ignorance. So far, I've talked about those three kids that beat up the other kids, all the blacks in prisons and jails, and the filthy blacks in HUD housing and free housing, etc.
None of that is ignorance, that's just knowledge. As bongo put it, it's calling a spade a spade.
What about the "white" people that live in HUD housing...are they filthy?

Are you calling them filthy because they do not shower...or simply because they are not your skin color.

I have asked you a couple of times before...

You said...even kids can make the right choice despite their circumstances...their experiences...their environment...yet...you can't.

Why do you expect something from them...that you don't expect from yourself?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#588207 Sep 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now...
You despise all Christians for the acts of some...
And they call me a bigot...
Ha ha ha
You are lying again.

I don't despise ALL Christians. Just the scumbags.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#588208 Sep 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly, you are correct, I am wasting my time.
Not sure that I see this situation as a winnable/unwinnable one, but an instructive one. RR's teaching us all how insidious structural violence works - he has admitted that he's an unwilling tool of racism. He doesn't want to be a racist, but he has no choice, no power to change himself.
So we know the limits of this man. This is enculturation. It's powerful. That he is conflicted over his own thoughts and behavior and powerless to change them provides a wonderfully strong example of how limited people are by their growth and development. We cannot trust people's subjective realities. So the tools of science, the reflexivity and critical analyzing of the self in the social sciences are so necessary for us to understand humanity.
These tools lead us to reject religion. Just as RR's racism is the direct product of his early environment, so are his religious experiences. "God" certainly spoke to RR in RR's reality, but it is no more objectively real than RR's racist image of black Americans. Just as we can do away with his racism as a product of his early environment, so to can we do away with his religious experiences thusly.
I have no doubt both are meaningful to him, and neither are descriptive of objective reality.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
That he is conflicted over his own thoughts and behavior and powerless to change them
You're wrong about that. I've changed a great deal over the years. If you've known me for the pat 20 years, you'd know that.

But you haven't so you assume.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
RR's racist image of black Americans
How would you know my thoughts on that? I've never broad-brushed all black people, I've only talked about certain particular groups of black people.

Again, you assume.

Come down from that Ivory Tower of yours and join the rest of us in the real world.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#588209 Sep 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you think Topix should be segregated? Hmmm
"First put all the non-believers in Ghettos while we build the concentration and work camps."

Sound familiar ?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#588210 Sep 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
This is one of your failings: the inability to own your own mess.
You have been abusive for months (yet another personal failure) for no better reason than you object to my antiecclesiastical position, the expression of which is the principle raison d'etre for Topix.
I have the right and in fact the moral duty to express such opinions if I hold them and consider them important. You are only entitled to rebut them - show where they are in error - if you can.
Instead, you have embarked on a months long campaign of abusive posting amounting to nothing but personal attacks. I have tried to work with you three ways. First, I returned the abuse, hoping that you would come to understand in the process why that was inappropriate. Remarkably, you hunkered down and continued in your campaign.
When that failed, I extended my opened hand to you, and even offered to help you when you expressed a passing interest in being better. You spat on that that.
Then I put a three month moratorium on my own use of language like liar and Dimwit. All I got from you was more of the ususal - a non-stop litany of comments about unethical professional practices, hiding in third world slums, and the like. But you still wouldn't relent.
And now here we are.
You are beyond self-blind

There is no point any longer in even trying to address the absurdity of your claim that you made an overture of peace any more than your denial you were the start of hostilities. I responded to you in the beginning at least half a dozen times, questioning why you would reply with insults and condescension when I had been nothing but respectful.

You have a very selective memory and even change actual eventas until your mind has it where you are in the right. Just like you denied you r interaction with Q was anything but you veing a perfect gentlemen. After i all, you merely inquired as to the question he may have wanted to ask and certainly didn't make four different, long-winded and insulting and condescending remarks to him.

But at that point, whatever happened between us is neither here nor there when it comes to what I am talking about.

I am talking about your non-stop trolling.About the fact that even with the nicest Christians on this site, day in and day out they have to endure your constant abuse and whining and criticizing of their faith. And despite the fact that you didn't even care when you came on Topix and you do this for your own ego. Day after day after day for over a year now, you are in here post after post just looking to be a pain in the ass. You say you don't write for Christians, so are you seriously claiming the same audience you have had since you got here of non-Christians is who you repeat yourself daily for?

Who are you kidding? You do it for yourself

Carrion

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#588211 Sep 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I felt fortunate that my parents always instilled in me a strong sense of equality for all people.
Except Mexicans.

Tell us more about a nation of people that to you is nothing but impoverished slums, people that you can't describe without the use of the word "burro."

You don't get to steal credit for yourself by pretending to be enlightened after the racist comments you have made in this thread about people that you're not fit to live among. You get to hang with the other assorted bigots on this thread, all Christians I might add. You get to hang with the atheophobes, racists, misogynists, and homophobes.

Where's Adam been? Church?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min dollarsbill 2,100
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 10 min AlmostDied 292
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Aura Mytha 270,227
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 30 min Aura Mytha 818,787
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 42 min fadu singh 9,265
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 57 min Sexy Girl89 15
Rajkot gay Topix 1 hr rajevas 17
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 40,005
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr June VanDerMark 579,649
More from around the web