Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#588234 Sep 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now...
You despise all Christians for the acts of some...
And they call me a bigot...
Ha ha ha
I despise christian philosophy, and all those who well follow that filth.

The fact is that the average adherent is a victim of that hate cult.

this is not bigotry for all persons may fall victim to the immoral en treatments of the church, those who lack intellect or education are the most common victims. And accepting those lies as reality is a choice, a personal and moral choice.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#588235 Sep 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
As disturbing as I find the "in your face" racist/bigot...I am possibly more disturbed something else...those that don't realize they are being a racist or bigot. I am not sure that I know exactly what to call it.
Scenario...
Straight person 1 says they are not homophobic...Straight person 1 gets angry at Straight person 2...person 1 calls person 2 a faggot...accuses them of being gay...using "gay" as an insult.
Is person 1 non-homophobic as they claim?
Why would someone who claims to have no problems with someone being gay then turn around and use "gay" as a tool to degrade person 2?
Same thing with racism...claim to not be racist...yet doesn't hesitate to use ethnic slurs or tell ethnic jokes.
Just my opinion...
You know what, they probably don't realise it either. They don't actually think about what they're saying.

They should, of course.

There's a way to say things to a friend, that isn't insulting. But there is a way that bldy well IS.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#588236 Sep 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Part 2 of 2 @HFY
I guess my point is that for better or for worse, many of us have morals and values that largely reflect our parents. I don't think we have to look much farther than that most the time. Society is simply a reflection of the family microcosm. Each family unit providing its own socialization. This isn't to say society can't impact things but it is a collection of people who have entered the world largely as who their parents raised them to be
People can overcome their roots. Life experience goes a long way towards that end. Yet I am a liberal against abortion and the death penalty, a Christian, progressive on domestic affairs and conservative on foreign. I am for equal rights. So are both my parents. In a perfect world we would keep all the good teachings and reject the bad. It just isn't that common.
I don't know what the answer is. Parents are just people and will never be perfect. And from what I have seen, it takes decades after adulthood for people to start to re-write parts of their moral code and it is a slow and arduous process with varying degrees of success. Again, I don't know what the answer is. But I believe RR when he says he is trying. I also believe he has a lot to overcome in areas of race. But I think the fact that he is trying and is honest about how he feels has to be a good start.
Yes we can hold people's values up to the light and scrutinize them. Sometimes that is a good thing. But how much do we want to beat someone up that is trying? Is the victory from a sense of moral superiority worth making someone dig their heels in and reject the change the started to embrace?
I am not saying by any means to give someone a free pass. But I am suggesting perhaps some of aggression and judgement should be tempered with patience when someone is making an effort to change. Normally when something is right, it will prove itself on merit. It is an easy argument to present. Sometimes it will at least plant a seed. I do know I have never seen someone pushed into changing how they think. But I have occasionally seen some people react positively to expecting better from them and giving them some things to consider so that they may make the change themselves
IDK, just some thoughts I had anyway. I dislike racism. I dislike it a lot. But there is little I wouldn't do if I thought there was even a chance someone might see it for what it is with some help
(T) Peace
Grate post Skombolis. Could be applied to other things too. You defiantly add to society my friend.
HFN

Location hidden

#588237 Sep 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
You're a scared little twerp.
Lemme rewrite it just for you.
I only and always post under one screen name. RR.
I can't make it any simpler for you.
If you don't believe me, I'll show you my shocked face.
Compared to your claim that the christian god has been talking to you, I find this last claim less credible.

To be clear, ignorant and pedantic one, I do not believe even one word that you said.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#588238 Sep 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah there was another time when I was in grade-school where our family and a family we were went went to a Detroit Pistons (Pro basketball) game and after the game their was a toga party for those who wanted to stay. We did not. In the parking lot our families were jumped by about 30 black guys with bottles. Fortunately they started randomly attacking people inside first which allowed a group of about 100 or more guys to mobilize. They poured out of the building and form a half circle around us and used the wall to complete it. They were able to fend off the attacks although half the families, from girls to adults were hospitalized.
I remember how much my mom in particular made sure I understood that bad people do bad things. Bad white people do bad things and bad black people do bad things. And I know as an adult that sounds simple. But society is divided up in so many ways, with so much effort going into reinforcing the idea the one group is better than another, that it is very hard to go through life prejudice-free
Thank-you for the kind words involving my parents and my friend.
You know I look at so many mistakes I have made despite being blessed with a starting point many don't get. I was an upper-middle class white male living in an affluent neighborhood with private schooling through grade-school and one of the best public high-schools in the state. I had good parents, a great older brother, great friends. I was taught properly and I believe was instilled with a good sense of right and wrong
Yet despite all of that, things still went off the tracks completely and more than a few times.
I wonder sometimes what might have been had the starting point been lower. I mean, is the difference between a murderer and a decent person much more than environment? I know people like to think morals are innate but that isn't possible IMO.
It explains why people are who they are sometimes. It doesn't always excuse it. But it is just something I have wondered about over the years. In fact its always been one of the biggest reasons I was never racist. I see someone from a broken home, no father, surrounded by gang violence, no education, nobody to teach them, a mother strung-out, and left to fend on their own from an early age. Just like when I see a video of KKK rallies and see an adult with a child on their shoulders.
I do believe in rare cases people are born with just a tendency to evil that wasn't taught. But so many times I think it is just luck of the draw and what situation we were born into
What about you. Nature or nurture? And how much of it can be overcome?
:)

Location hidden

#588239 Sep 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why a Golden Retriever is called a Golden Retriever instead of a dog?
your parent and grand parent are disgusting little men with little vision, no wonder they embraced christianity.

which one did you say took his living from the church collection plate?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#588240 Sep 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as someone proves they are anti "X", the deepest cut I can give them is to accuse them of being "X".
For example:
The worst insult you can give a Nazi is to call them a Jew.
The greatest damage to a Nazi is proving they have Jewish blood.
I am sure RR would hate to know that chances are 100% that he has African and Hispanic ancestry. He actually hates himself.
I pinched your tactic the last time Adam came back. Because I know if u call men like him a p00f, they will hit the roof! Mission accomplished.

I wouldn't say it to my mate who is gay.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#588241 Sep 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
YES. They are filthy white trash scumbags. I have no sympathy for them, either.
I'm calling them filthy because of the way they don't clean up after themselves, NOT because of skin color.
I have made plenty of "right" choices that my childhood experiences would disagree with. I have answered that question twice now, please don't say I haven't answered you.
My widowed Grandma lived in low income housing (30 years)....and was Immaculate....You could eat off her floors

So that scenario is blown out of the water

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#588242 Sep 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
when you're discussing the horrible morality espoused by some Christians, taught by the Bible, you're pointing out societal structures that support inequality and therefore do violence to people - like homophobia, sexism, anti-atheism, anti-other, the arrogant "our way is the only way" and so on - all these do violence to non-Christians.
Agree. You have elegantly articulated the justification for unbelievers doing "violence" to that church, meaning emphatically declaiming it.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
The guilt surrounding sex and the belief in a deity who constantly monitors your thoughts for crimes, and such odd beliefs, do violence to Christians.
As you note, the Christians are also the victims of their church. And though we can't do much for those already captured, whatever we can accomplish now will also be our gift to that fraction of posterity that eludes that vile ideology because of it.

Isn't that important? Isn't what we do here doing our small part to promote a worthwhile change in Western culture? I'm proud to do my part.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#588243 Sep 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there may be a disconnect here
Nowhere did I suggest it is ok or something is excusable simply because it is said out of anger
The reason we try to break habits of using words such as fag (even if to the person using them sexual orientation isn't a consideration) because of the collateral damage that insensitive comments that are associated with other groups can cause
My point is, simply the use of a word out of anger may have absolutely nothing to do with how a person feels about that particular group. Particularly when used towards someone where it wouldn't even apply
People often say things they don't mean out of anger. People often say things out of anger looking to hurt. Sometimes they may mean them. Sometimes they may not. Generally the totality of a person's expressed thoughts in the past will give some clues but I suppose there is no way to know for sure unless you are that person.
But it seemed to me you were suggesting the use of that word out of anger to a person it wouldn't even apply to is an indication that their claims of not being homophobic are untrue. My position is that is may not necessarily a reflection of anything other than they were looking to inflict damage. And may simply be a reflection of bad habits they have mostly overcome out of a desire to be more sensitive to other people that may not understand their intent and be offended.
I never said it was right. It just may have nothing to do with being bigoted
Agree or disagree?
I don't know if it is as simple as me agreeing or disagreeing.

I think anger at times brings out some deeper feelings...maybe ones that we don't see on a daily basis...or at least feelings that we keep under control.

I guess the questions is...at least for me...are we more honest when we are angry...do the suppressed feelings that we have become "loosened".

Maybe it was in your next post but you talked about being politically correct...I think many of us try to be. My thoughts are...when anger takes over...we throw political correctness out the window. When we do that...are we searching for words to hurt...or are we just expressing our real feelings.

I think...it could be both.

This is why...I try to control my anger. Once something is said...you have planted a seed...whether you intended to or not.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#588244 Sep 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you answer your own question in here personally. I would say no they are not homophobic. Let me post the scenario again
Annie said:
"Straight person 1 says they are not homophobic...Straight person 1 gets angry at Straight person 2...person 1 calls person 2 a faggot...accuses them of being gay...using "gay" as an insult.
Is person 1 non-homophobic as they claim?"
1) They are angry
2) They know logically is makes no sense to call a straight person gay as an insult as it doesn't apply. It isn't a reflection of their attitude towards someone gay but is done for 1 of 3 reasons
A) Growing up being called fagot was meant as insult. And it didn't even necessarily have to do with being gay. It meant a man was weak, a wuss, etc. Granted being more socially correct says, well look why it would mean that and it derived from this and this is why it shouldn't be said and etc. And thats probably right. But point is to the person saying it being gay may be the furthest thing from their mind. When angry people tend to go to default mode. Perhaps bad habits they had broken from the past come out
2) It is being said as fag in terms of gay. However they know the person is not gay. It is the same as calling someone white a "N-word". Logically it makes no sense. But when angry people look to hurt. And they generally don't spend a lot of time planning out what words they may use. It is again, probably just an old habit they broke once becoming more sensitive to how it may effect others that surfaced simply because on some level they know it doesn't apply. Now if someone got mad and called someone gay a fagot someone black an N-word, that is different. But again, not always that much. The main intent again may simply be to get to the quick. To inflict injury. It mat have nothing to do with their actual beliefs
C) They know the person they are saying it to will take it as an insult. You know what I do when people say I sleep with other guys as an insult? I laugh. To me its simply an attempt that won't work to bother me. I in return have used it as an insult. Generally with people older than me or around the same age as people aren't always so forthcoming. Lots of people claim they aren't homophobic. Then you may see them posting as an insult about guys taking it up the rear like a woman. Or who knows, maybe that is just an extreme version of what I have been talking about?
The point is, you may not necessarily learn anything from something said out of anger. And sometimes it is a reflection of people's true feelings. There is no clear cut way to know. But usually when between two straight guys, it rarely reflects their actual attitude towards someone gay
That's my opinion anyway
I wouldn't say that one, either.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#588245 Sep 11, 2013
:) I sure there may be pastors that don't want to go to they church at all
[QUOTE who="Qu_innocence"] <quoted text>Good Afternoon there Tri... Nope... not unless you're the Pastor who is suppose to be bringing the message that day, of course.
;)
Albeit though, some may put more emphasis on some days more than others and I definitely respect that also. As long as the Word of God goes forth.
I respect that to. As long as they not make the leap that if a person not go to church on a certain day of the week they any less save than anyone else.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#588246 Sep 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, no...
You despise all Christians.
Be honest with yourself.
AT LEAST with yourself...
I'm pretty sure that Son of Adam does not.

FYI, nor do I.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#588247 Sep 11, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Grate post Skombolis. Could be applied to other things too. You defiantly add to society my friend.
HFN
Thanks for the kind words HFN

Good to see you

:)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#588248 Sep 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that your most intelligent response? You made an error wasup...is it so hard to admit that?
You believe that it is wrong to research for answers? Why have the internet at your disposal?
Yes...I do research on the internet...I see no shame in that. My search engine happens to be google.
I have no problem using WIKI. While I don't depend on Wiki for accuracy...I have found at times that it is a good place to start for a general idea on a topic. From there you can go on to more reliable sources once obtaining a general knowledge about a topic.
It is not foolish to seek knowledge...rather it is foolish to speak without having any. In this day and age...there is no reason to remain foolish.
Why do you fear a little knowledge wasup...why would you speak of something that you know nothing about when it takes only a few minutes to familiarize yourself with a topic by doing a little research?
"You made an error wasup...is it so hard to admit that?"

hi Annie -

the foundation of my faith comes from admitting that i've been wrong. however in the case and in this context, i really didn't error, but the thought originated with me until you pointed out that there's a band named gaytheist. SO WHAT! there is really nothing new under the sun that doesn't get recycled somewhere by someone. deal with it!

as for you; are you willing to admit that the foundation of all your ideology is founded on error???

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us" - 1 John 1

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#588249 Sep 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nano has both misery and stupid problems. It's not her fault. I feel bad for her, poor pathetic and miserable creature that she is.
Just as with Skombolis, I think that nano shares responsibility for not being a better person than she is. There is no excuse for the self-indulgent behavior of either of them.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#588250 Sep 11, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t like it Annie. I don’t like it at all. It is idiotic to think one skin color makes you better than another skin color. I think it was Thumper, not sure about who it was, that asked if we would let our child date a black person. My answer was yes I would let my Child date someone of a different race. I don’t care about the outside of a person, just the inside. This may not be word for word but the meaning is true.
We should want our children to marry someone that loves them...will take care of them...be good to them...regardless of who that person is.

I don't know the answer to this...maybe you do...but is there anything biblical about..."marrying your own kind"?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#588251 Sep 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, no...
You despise all Christians.
Be honest with yourself.
AT LEAST with yourself...
Now that you have admitted a racist, it would real special if you admitted you were a pathological liar as well.

We already know it but it will give you something else to justify with inane arguments.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#588252 Sep 11, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't say that one, either.
Really?

Yet you just wrote:

"I pinched your tactic the last time Adam came back. Because I know if u call men like him a p00f, they will hit the roof! Mission accomplished.

I wouldn't say it to my mate who is gay."

So you wouldn't say 'fag' to someone you know would take it as an insult for purpose of insulting them even though it doesn't reflect how you actually feel about people who are gay but you would call someone a 'poof'?

I don't see the distinction

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#588253 Sep 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:

< wink >
*blushes*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 26,429
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 57 min Johnny 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 57 min Test 985,711
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 1 hr Johnny 31
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Jake999 6,449
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 1 hr Johnny 70
i think that my husband is a pervert (Jan '09) 2 hr juliakk 159
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Anthony MN 685,770
More from around the web