Skombolis wrote:
Detroit?
What a piece of crap city. Enjoy.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#588058 Sep 10, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for the sake of argument say he did. I've known people with money and find it of much note that certain people seem to need to brag on themselves. It proves without a doubt that this would is filled with people that have money and zero class. And for that that deny Christ I really do hope they enjoy it here and now. Thinking rich man and Lazarus. I'm out. Take care.
If he did then he clearly didn't anticipate done things between that and retirement.

But I agree that money isn't even in the top 5 indicators IMO when it comes to happiness

1) God
2) Family
3) Friends
4) Health
5) Relationship

It's helps give us more time to do things we care about and with people we care about. But without those things it doesn't mean much

Had he not accused his priest of stealing his church donations and bragged about how quitting the faith allowed him to retire early I never would have pointed out where he retired to

But I definitely hear what you are saying

(T) Peace

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#588059 Sep 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the Bible was wrong:
"...so shall the Son of man be three days and THREE NIGHTS in the heart of the earth" (Mt 12:40)
It is too bad Christians don't understand Judaism. There is a simple explanation for the discrepancy but your church has lied about it for 1700 years.
It is hilarious that almost any Jew knows it but barely a single Christian in almost two millennia.
Good evening professor.. please share your views.
Bongo

Farmingdale, NY

#588060 Sep 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Post after post after post
Day after day after day
It's not your religion
And if you have such a problem with it, outside of your made-for-Topix crusade, why not take it up with Christians in your own country?
Give it a rest meat puppet
If your life in Mexico was 1/10 as good as you claim you would have other things on your mind once in a while
Could this lifestyle be considered mind numbing or soul crushing? Btw is your perpendicular wall of ethmoid intact?

Location hidden

#588061 Sep 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't flatter yourself. You only look like one. Now get up on your hinds and hop for us.
<quoted text>
If you're looking for them, check your throat.
There is no "us" Iansy

You are in Mexico all by yourself! Talking in plural wont change that!

And why would they be in my throat. Are you fantasizing about making contact with them with your feet again to kick them there?

I didn't know what is funnier. A guy that is probably the biggest coward to live talking online about kicking nuts and bitch slapping people or your bizarre infatuation with my genitals!

I think you are having Mexican night terrors and the sleep deprivation is fueling these fantasies. Although night terrors in Mexico just means living there. That will make anyone wake up and scream in terror!

~snicker
Bongo

Farmingdale, NY

#588062 Sep 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for being a fine liar for Christ!
Brag on God!
Being "on deck" maybe he will take the time to explain it to you soon, maybe not.

Location hidden

#588063 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Liar. Hot girls aren't interested in felons, addicts, factory workers, or people with no wealth and no prospect of any, let alone all in one package. You have nothing to offer a woman.
<quoted text>
Look around you, Dimwit.
LOL

So bitter!

Again, a dozen people know her and have seen pics of us over the years

Grit your teeth real hard and maybe it will come true!

Hey if I'm ever in Mexico, like maybe my plane crashes, I can swing by and you can ask mrs ians what I have to offer!

~snicker

I'm just teasing ya. While I have no doubt you would ask her when she expects to be home and give me a real mean look when you thought I wasn't looking, I wouldn't do that to ya! You got it bad enough as it is!

Location hidden

#588064 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm mocking you, ma nizzle. Fo shizzle! You so hip.
LOL.
LOL

Such a delusional dummy!

You don't even get you are mocking yourself!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#588065 Sep 10, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
I think people take RR seriously.
Why?
As far as RR's religious views, I've always taken that from the mythic perspective and the religious discussions are, for myself, more to example the folly of the "myth mind" seen in theism.

I find faith supported religious beliefs interesting in that each individual one is a complete construct, in each individual. To me that is fascinating.

The racism RR evidences is something different, but still related to the same concept.

It(racism) is a faith supported belief, too.

Racism is, to me, a serious subject that the world could do without, and eclipses deity beliefs in the damage that it does to humanity, compared to religion, in my opinion. But there is a very fine line there separating the damages each cause and the severity of those damages and those damaged.

I do think religion and racism often interact with each other conceptually. Each declares itself to be justified within the mind of the practitioner of the religionist and the racist. One is often used to support the other.

I see racism as the worst of the two ideologies because one is designated by an unavoidable circumstance of birth and requires nothing more than that circumstance of birth for a person to be seen as less than the racist in the mind of the racist.

At the least, within religion, there is some sort of statement needed before the religionist will see you as less than them.

All that the racist needs is to see you and you are less than them.

That's why I take RR's racism - and all racists - seriously, and take his - and all theists - deity beliefs as simple folly(although deity beliefs can and do cause damage as well).

The main difference is racism is always malignant, and deity beliefs - can be - benign.

Contrary to the popular belief of theists, my being an atheist does not mean I want theistic belief to be completely eliminated.

I want racism to be completely obliterated, and that has nothing to do with me being an atheist. It's because I'm a human being.

That's my race. I am a human being.

Location hidden

#588066 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
What a piece of crap city. Enjoy.
You really got a white-knuckle death-grip on those fantasies huh?

LOL

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I mean along with the nets that keep the Mexican chiggers out of your hammock hung up between two donkies

~snicker

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#588067 Sep 10, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening professor.. please share your views.
The gospels are unclear on which Passover meal was the last supper.

I am not going to get into it here but if you examine the Passover observances of the Jews it becomes much clearer.

Here is some help on that:
http://www.jewfaq.org/holidaya.htm

All I will post here is "It was probably Thursday, not Friday."

I write that as a historian not theist or atheist.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#588068 Sep 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the Bible was wrong:
"...so shall the Son of man be three days and THREE NIGHTS in the heart of the earth" (Mt 12:40)
It is too bad Christians don't understand Judaism. There is a simple explanation for the discrepancy but your church has lied about it for 1700 years.
It is hilarious that almost any Jew knows it but barely a single Christian in almost two millennia.
It'd do the Christian well to understand Judaism well, but, if that were to happen there wouldn't be any - or very few - Christians.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#588069 Sep 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
you could just lay off the trolling and the hate and actually have normal discussions.
These are your terms, remember, Dimwit? I discuss ideas. You troll in response. Now you will be treated as you treat others. Do you think you deserve better?

Fennario

#588070 Sep 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Everything is always in the open between us.
Your fly's open, Dimwit.

Location hidden

#588071 Sep 10, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Could this lifestyle be considered mind numbing or soul crushing? Btw is your perpendicular wall of ethmoid intact?
That depends

Are you taking Mexican meat space or Internet?

I don't get the wall question. I know ethmoid is a bone but I don't understand the phrase

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#588072 Sep 10, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Good Morning/Evening Hiding... without a doubt.
Generally-speaking from a Christian standpoint (and this is not true of all so-called Christian viewpoints) But some Christians like myself were "also" enemies of Christ and genuine Christianity before we were saved.
I'm imperfect... but before I was saved I used to cuss, drink, smoke lots of weed, have pre-marital sex with lots of women... 20/20 hindsight I used to have many doubts, question God sometimes even though I grew up a Catholic, though non-practicing... I remember that before I was saved how I used to prevent true Christians from sharing God's Salvation with me. If not opposing them by mere words then by rejecting the essence of Truth that is in Jesus Christ. So even though I didn't commit any violence, mayhem or share in some of the other sins that some do or have done <--- I can empathize in being an enemy of the cross of Christ because I also used to be an enemy of God. I understand that is not what you meant by a world standard of empathy but I that's how I feel from my own worldview and cultural construct.
<quoted text>Jesus' advice and instruction definitely cuts against the grain but is extremely wise, I believe, in how His Believers should conduct themselves with people who oppose them.
<quoted text>Obviously I disagree with your worldview on that matter.
<quoted text>Roman justice was simply a means to an end. He knew where He came from before His incarnation through Mary, He knew why He was sent and what His ultimate destiny was. He was doing His Father's business.
I'm glad you were saved, Qu.

So why doesn't your deity, who is the only perfectly divine being in the universe, save racists from their malevolent, damaging and ignorant ways?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#588073 Sep 10, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Good Morning/Evening Hiding... without a doubt.
Generally-speaking from a Christian standpoint (and this is not true of all so-called Christian viewpoints) But some Christians like myself were "also" enemies of Christ and genuine Christianity before we were saved.
I'm imperfect... but before I was saved I used to cuss, drink, smoke lots of weed, have pre-marital sex with lots of women... 20/20 hindsight I used to have many doubts, question God sometimes even though I grew up a Catholic, though non-practicing... I remember that before I was saved how I used to prevent true Christians from sharing God's Salvation with me. If not opposing them by mere words then by rejecting the essence of Truth that is in Jesus Christ. So even though I didn't commit any violence, mayhem or share in some of the other sins that some do or have done <--- I can empathize in being an enemy of the cross of Christ because I also used to be an enemy of God. I understand that is not what you meant by a world standard of empathy but I that's how I feel from my own worldview and cultural construct.
<quoted text>Jesus' advice and instruction definitely cuts against the grain but is extremely wise, I believe, in how His Believers should conduct themselves with people who oppose them.
<quoted text>Obviously I disagree with your worldview on that matter.
<quoted text>Roman justice was simply a means to an end. He knew where He came from before His incarnation through Mary, He knew why He was sent and what His ultimate destiny was. He was doing His Father's business.
I know others who express the same feelings as you - they were into immoral behaviors and Christianity helped them stop. When people express that kind of personal story, I can't deny the positive power of religion. So I am glad it's working for you.
I take issue with one of your comments above - premarital sex. I can't see that as immoral. It's just defined that way through sexually repressive Christianity. I find the sexual repression in Christianity to be pretty nasty, to be honest.

Fennario

#588074 Sep 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Seriously how ignorant would someone have to be about the Bible
You tell me, Dimwit. You flunked the first bible quiz and tucked tail and ran from the second one.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#588075 Sep 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just stopping by to say hi.
No, RR is not Buck.
And no wife would take his crap this long.
So...I think he's taking out on the thread what he can no longer take out on her.
So far you've been right about everything. No point in denying it.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#588076 Sep 10, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey let's create a new race, we can call them "Criminals", their chldren will be criminals too, we can make them live in criminal neighbourhoods. They can sit at the back of the bus and have their own public toilets and drinking fountains we could even use them to make money for us.
We can make the criminals manufacture office furniture and car registration numbers for no wages and we can sell them to the government at a profit. Who says slavery is gone LOL.
...but some criminals are white...Shite!
They are probably tainted with the blood of a criminal race anyway.
LMFAO
Seriously though...the tea baggers would employ you in a heartbeat with your views, you could lose the next US Presidential election singlehandedly for the repukes if they employed you as a speech writer.
Totally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min ChromiuMan 795,179
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Gods r Delusions ... 567,973
2003 Silverado 2500HD REDUCED ENGINE POWER (Dec '09) 21 min jbonde 137
I want to be a sex slave to elder woman (May '13) 45 min phil 19
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 267,400
Homosexuals are servants and human children of ... 1 hr doug 11
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Just Think 120,695
Scientific proof for God's existence 6 hr lightbeamrider 545
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 23 hr Rashes 177
More from around the web