Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You used the word "monkey" RR...that told me a lot about you.
I am not assuming...I formed my opinions from your very words. You have admitted to CHOOSING to be a racist.
Yes I have admitted that, and I'll keep admitting that.

But I also said, honestly, that racism is not a good trait and it's something I have to live with and something I have to try to quell.

When I see a news story like that one with the three kids beating up the other kid, it just fires me right up and pisses me off. Sometimes my words explode without me giving myself a chance to think about them.

The reason why I called them monkeys is because they were acting like animals. You know they were acting like animals, although you probably wouldn't call them monkeys. But I would.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
There's the very type of non sequitur I'm talking about. It could have come straight from the 'shelf' of Buck.
"I don't need your consent to think that way"....oh dear, did I oppress you? Perhaps you could trawl for a little sympathy? Bring out your lovable sensitive side while I'm out.
I have a Parish Council meeting in 15 minutes, it's not work but I still won't be posting, it's just not possible when actually doing something.
TTFN.
No, you didn't oppress me. You can't oppress me. You're just a meaningless, anonymous poster on some free website.

You are entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey let's create a new race, we can call them "Criminals", their chldren will be criminals too, we can make them live in criminal neighbourhoods. They can sit at the back of the bus and have their own public toilets and drinking fountains we could even use them to make money for us.
We can make the criminals manufacture office furniture and car registration numbers for no wages and we can sell them to the government at a profit. Who says slavery is gone LOL.
...but some criminals are white...Shite!
They are probably tainted with the blood of a criminal race anyway.
LMFAO
Seriously though...the tea baggers would employ you in a heartbeat with your views, you could lose the next US Presidential election singlehandedly for the repukes if they employed you as a speech writer.
You think we got problems? The EU can tell you what to do, next they will have a German in charge of the UK.
We only have to worry about some American dumb ass ruining our lives. You have to worry about a plethora of dumb asses ruining yours.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You think we got problems? The EU can tell you what to do, next they will have a German in charge of the UK.
We only have to worry about some American dumb ass ruining our lives. You have to worry about a plethora of dumb asses ruining yours.
Ahaha

Hey man, he's British, he can't help himself.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I no longer choose to participate in serious discussions with those that choose to degrade me. You joined in with shrinky dink doing just that. Anything that you have to say is irrelevant as far as I am concerned.
Besides...I asked the questions with the hope of communicating with someone that would take them seriously. You have already admitted that this is all a game for you.
I don't have time to play your games.
you playing the video game which is topix just like anyone else, is just that you want to believe this billboard is consequential or has any merit whatsoever because you like living this fantasy life with you made up "AnnieJ" persona on topix faking that you going to no gym or on no threadmill roflmb~

No one not discovering any facts or truths here about beliefs religions or philosophy. We all know all of that already from offline behind the billboard life from church family friends teachers the bible and the biggest one of all..Google, yahoo and the internet and more. and if we not know, we can find out over the internet.

no one not discovering no truths or facts about they beliefs on here.

The only thing left is writers on here scoring points from reacting to another writings with either criticisms, niceties, opinions, declarations or emotional/personal outbursts. All of that worth nothing. Is a virtual video game going on here, nothing more.

So now how much points in the video game you think will score when you respond to this writing? lol.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday. Have yourself a grand day.
God bless you always.
Thank you Friend

((*L-))

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>A nice Château-Neuf-du-Pape. 2010 is superb, but there's not that much of it - grab it if you find it.
Thank you so much Mac....I will look into that

((*L-))

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You kinda look like you been suckin' on a lemon!
Good morning...
That was before my nose job....

((*L-))

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have admitted that, and I'll keep admitting that.
But I also said, honestly, that racism is not a good trait and it's something I have to live with and something I have to try to quell.
When I see a news story like that one with the three kids beating up the other kid, it just fires me right up and pisses me off. Sometimes my words explode without me giving myself a chance to think about them.
The reason why I called them monkeys is because they were acting like animals. You know they were acting like animals, although you probably wouldn't call them monkeys. But I would.
Why do you have to "try to quell it"?

That's not normal.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Emmanuel means "God with us". That's how many viewed Jesus as He was healing others and doing miracles and such.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Immanuel-Jesus.ht...

"Fear (Awe) seized them all, and they glorified God, saying,“A great prophet has arisen among us!” and “God has visited his people!”

Luke 7:16

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Afternoon Annie, Firstly, whatever is said doesn't shake my own faith in Christ which is by far, more important to me. Secondly, not everyone who says that they have Jesus in their heart... or says that they are a Christian... is one. I mean, perhaps their parents were Christian or some other skewed type of Judeo-Christian influence... and they may have a cross charm on a necklace that is around their neck but not much more.
Some simply say things just to get a rise out of people which I believe is demonic. So those types, I come to learn that it's best not to hold a grain of salt to what they are saying when it comes to any racist-type views because it is based on ignorance - in part on the influences of where they grew up or it was passed down several generations. Then again, not every Christian who grew up in areas where you think you would find the traits of racism are racist... and neither every person who grew up in a racist household is racist... or maybe they were racist at one time but saw the light that their previous views were wrong. Personally, I lived in the Northeast of the U.S. and lived in Florida... from my own experiences I can tell you that, for me, those were some of the most racist places that I ever lived in. I must make mention that Richmond, Va was the worst. Currently, I live in North Carolina... and though they have a racist past, ironically, it is the least racist state that I've experienced living in. Perhaps they hide it well... I don't know... but I rarely see instances of it from where I live.
I think about positive things like the Christians who walked hand in hand with MLKjr on the march in Salem... white, black and Hispanic (Christian and non-Christians) against institutionalized oppression... I think about the white Christian abolitionists who helped those in the south gain their freedom... There are so many cross-sections and sub-cultures in which this could go. I think about the missionaries and other people helping others in this country and other countries escape sex-slavery and such.
Now, back to understanding that there are major inequalities regards to race in the U.S. and a shameful past... still yet... I think I need to be fair in saying that outside of genuine Christianity there is also sometimes ignorance coming from some of my brown-skinned and darker-skinned brothers towards my light and very fair-skinned brothers (whites) as well.
So yes... it's horrible things they are saying. I've said horrible things as I think everyone has at some point in their lives. I have known people in the past who were chilly-cool as far as race relations go but you "do not" want to get them drunk... if you know what I mean.
But as far as posters spewing out racist epithets... I think I've come to the point of being pretty numb to it on Topix.
First I want to thank you for responding in the tone that my questions were intended.

I love this quote by MLK...

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

I grew up in an area that was racist. You didn't really hear a lot said but that was mainly because it was an area that was probably around 95% "white". I didn't hear it in my home so I had no idea that there was as much racism as there was at the time until I was old enough to leave home...got out into the real world. I was astonished.

I am still always astonished when I hear it...

You said...

"I think I've come to the point of being pretty numb to it on Topix".

That is the point QU...you shouldn't have to numb yourself to it...it shouldn't happen at all.

I had more to say but ran out of room...I did not want to shorten your post...I think it was worth a repeat.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Happy Birthday Ep! May you have a Blessed and Wonderful day today!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
This post is directed to Christians...or at least those who can discuss it without getting in to a pissing contest. I would like an honest discussion.
I have been on this thread for a few years now...racism comes in to the conversation from time to time. Each time it seems to come from...not saying always...but often from a Christian.
DR Reality...racists words toward Lawlest...DR shrinky is constantly spewing his racism...now RR. There have been others...
I just find it disturbing...a religion that claims to be based on "love"...
I would honestly like a view point from "the other side"...does it disturb you as much...do you think that it is somehow biblical...
I know that we have members here that are not "white"...not that I am totally either...I would like to know how that makes you feel when you read the words of your fellow Christians...degrading you so.
I find it abhorrible...unsettling...and truly uncomfortable with the words that are spoken here at times.
Just curious as to how some of you feel.
So your question is "Does it bother me when posters who say they are Christians say racist things?"
Answer: Yes...because they represent being a follower of Christ and Christ taught Love. I have told you in the past that I see you have a mindset that Christians should all be close to perfect when they say they are Christians.....They aren't Annie...We all have problems and because we follow the Bible we need to pray for Gods healing...It really hasn't been that long since my "Christian" grandparents who lived in NC were taught to be racist by their parents.....Also Gods healing is a Process it takes sometimes years.....(if ever in some people)...It is a Heart Issue

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahaha
Hey man, he's British, he can't help himself.
Hey i said it, but didn't realize how close to the truth it was.
Check this out, it is happening German's telling Brits what to do.
I bet old "Monty" is rolling over end over end.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/10/us-...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Red Apples wrote:
Happy Birthday Epi!!!
May God bless you with many more, and may He make this day very special for you!!!
_______
This is for you Birthday girl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thanks RA...That was cool....LOL

((*L-))

Have a good one

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
((*L-))
Nice Gewürtztraminer should work, too.
Fetzer makes a decent one.

Herring has a fairly strong flavour, and you don't want it to overpower the wine.

I know, I know, not literally, you didn't. Hehehe.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
((*L-))
Wait, it's your birthday?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Happy Birthday Ep! May you have a Blessed and Wonderful day today!
Thanks Qu......I appreciate it

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay be glad to give you a opinion on the subject of the color of skin, color of the heart too.
I have either worked with or have associated with a number of nationalities and I use this word nationalities very loosely as do not approve of grouping people. There are good and bad people in each and everyone of them. I not interested in the color of the Skin nor am I interested in what walk of life they come from whether they be poor or rich makes me no difference. I meet some mighty fine people that does not have the color of skin I have.
Never judge a book by the cover until you read the pages inside. Just my opinion is all.
When I worked with behavioral children...I had a diverse group...every color of skin...nationality...socioecon omic background. They were very diverse in their behavior but they all shared something in common...they were lacking something in their lives.

I posted this quote to Qu but I will again...

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. MLK

Thanks for your response LW.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Wait, it's your birthday?
Yes....Why you going to buy that wine for me?...LOL

((*L-))

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 562,101 - 562,120 of596,440
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

634 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 511,552
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Aerobatty 679,139
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Aerobatty 216,195
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 7 min Naveen kumar 360
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Porkpie Hat 250,248
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min PetesaKe 109,339
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 21 min Dale_Harris 52,442
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 47 min devbrain 214
teen snapchat nudes 10 hr Oscar 102
•••
•••
•••