Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

As far as the Lord being in the tomb for 3 days.

Going from memory, I want to say that the Jewish day begins at sunset and ends at sunset the following day with the mindset in the order of evening to morning rather morning to evening.

Please remember that the Jewish concept of "day" is unlike our own. For instance, Thursday sunset to Friday sunset is the 6th day of the Jewish week which is also known as Preparation Day. And Friday sunset to Saturday sunset is the 7th (Sabbath) day of the Jewish week. And Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset is the 1st day of the Jewish week.

1. So from our understanding... the first day that Jesus was put in the tomb would be "before" Friday sunset (Thursday sunset to Friday sunset counts as 1 day and again,Jesus was put in the tomb on this day which is Preparation Day... the 6th day of the Jewish week)...

a. Mark 15:42-44
b. Luke 23:54-56

2. Friday sunset to Saturday sunset (2nd day Jesus was in the tomb and this is the Sabbath)

3. Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset (3rd day Jesus was in the tomb and the arose in the morning hours... remember, evening to morning)

In Jewish Christian circles, "The Lord's Day" is the Jewish first day of the week which is from Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset.

Outside of the Jewish Calendar in Roman times, at one point, Sunday used to be the 7th day of the week, and Monday the first day of the week. So that in part is why you see some confusion with Saturday versus Sunday worship... there's more to that situation of course. But when you see the Lord's Day mentioned in the Bible it is talking about the Jewish first day of the week.... and later on when Christians, however wrongly, separated themselves from the Jews due to peer pressures of anti-semitism, they took the Romanized version for the first day of the week as the Lord's Day.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
When I worked with behavioral children...I had a diverse group...every color of skin...nationality...socioecon omic background. They were very diverse in their behavior but they all shared something in common...they were lacking something in their lives.
I posted this quote to Qu but I will again...
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. MLK
Thanks for your response LW.
you Lie mama like old witch on the broom
you work nowhere,no groups of any color skin,or nationality,or socioeconomic background

you are sick demented Liar, and female idiot thinking that cyber Lies are not able to check them out
We know all about you,your son made by you to be gay, and your breasts skiny like old backyard hoses?

we even know what size of panties you wear, how big glasses,and how many hairs is left on your old head,and between legs,

so?Don't lie?please?please?please?

you doesn't have any dream-Just Lies
you are not widow of Martin Luther King day dream bongo from 60 thies

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Epi...it is not that I expect you to be perfect...I do however expect for people to make an attempt to live by what they claim to believe...what they say Christianity is...what they say that we non-Christians need.
This is an entirely different conversation...maybe one that should be had...what is it that we non-Christians expect from you guys. I don't know...not sure that it is the venue for it...at least not in a civil manner.
I am just so over all the uncivil...
So...I hear it is your birthday...is that why the lemon face earlier??? LOL HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!!
Thanks Friend....You can make me a lampshade hat...OK?...:-)

I am also so over the uncivilness also.....
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
This post is directed to Christians...or at least those who can discuss it without getting in to a pissing contest. I would like an honest discussion.
I have been on this thread for a few years now...racism comes in to the conversation from time to time. Each time it seems to come from...not saying always...but often from a Christian.
DR Reality...racists words toward Lawlest...DR shrinky is constantly spewing his racism...now RR. There have been others...
I just find it disturbing...a religion that claims to be based on "love"...
I would honestly like a view point from "the other side"...does it disturb you as much...do you think that it is somehow biblical...
I know that we have members here that are not "white"...not that I am totally either...I would like to know how that makes you feel when you read the words of your fellow Christians...degrading you so.
I find it abhorrible...unsettling...and truly uncomfortable with the words that are spoken here at times.
Just curious as to how some of you feel.
are you balc,red, brown,or white cow?
accusing others to be rascists.
never forget you Little POS Liar,
I AM NOT AMERICAN TO BE RASCIST OR IDIOT LIKE YOU?rascism is bastard of american sick mentaly brains?like you
FULL FACE OF LIES, HATES, TEARS, AND BABLING RASCISTIC BULSHIT AGAINST OTHERS,

YOU ARE SIMPLE FEMALE OLD SICK POS????AND MENACE OF THIS
SOCIETY,ONLY GOSSIP BABLING AND SPREAD VENOM OF HATE AROUND MOTHER F.....WITCH

go and write report you little old sick POS white or black retarded witch?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I offered to send Joe King money for the entertainment which was being provided using his face and within minutes the PM begging me not to arrived, I still have a screenshot of it somewhere. I am pretty sure that Crick was a friend or member of the family of Joe King.
So anyway, what's my take on RiversideCrick....?
Duck Sick posted at the same rate, at the same time, suffered from terminal obtuseness and when stumped reduced a discussion down to the simple meaning of well understood words. He feigned ignorance to send the opposing poster into an explanation of a well understood and simply stated position while Duck Sick formulated an exit strategy or looked for a typographical error with which to derail the conversation.
Both attempt a blue collar, hyper masculine persona which is as american as apple pie and twice as dense. Both are misogynistic to the extreme and are extremely sensitive when it comes to the question of the consent of a particular minor child when that minor child was 'asked' to be a vessel for the progeny of the lawd, in fact it sent Crick into paroxysms...
Generally both may be found with a homosexual in denial(with a fixation for strap-on phalluses) and toothless ex-Canadian who worships an electromagnet and occasionally responds to their posts in the same character as them when their concentration drops after a particularly loooong day at 'work'. Hence the mothballing of dishy-dave Nelson as a sidekick.
...but then again I may be wrong and there could be two identical throbbers with the same personality flaws out there, one who arrives just as the other leaves. Nature abhors a vacuum after all....
when his concentration drops there is often "bleed-over" between the RR and Dave Nelson personas. I think it considerably more obvious with this (RR) incarnation than it was with buck. I find it particularly amusing how rapidly the ("non-christian") Dave rallies to support RR and most often to provide deflection for immoral positions.

the RR persona is a whole cloth invention, the poster is obviously not employed (witnessed by the time requirement to meet posting as RR alone). Do notice, like buck the RR persona claims no church attendance, like buck RR has been angered by a church, there is much more...

I think the RR persona is too damaged to be useful, and will be retired
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Epi...it is not that I expect you to be perfect...I do however expect for people to make an attempt to live by what they claim to believe...what they say Christianity is...what they say that we non-Christians need.
This is an entirely different conversation...maybe one that should be had...what is it that we non-Christians expect from you guys. I don't know...not sure that it is the venue for it...at least not in a civil manner.
I am just so over all the uncivil...
So...I hear it is your birthday...is that why the lemon face earlier??? LOL HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!!
Eppi is not your friend?
to have friends like you,someone first would make suicide?
you got not any friends scums like you and huren accusing others of rascism,
you little old wrinkle head witch?
(I AM NOT F.....AMERICAN LIKE YOU TO BE RASCIST? OR SPREAD RASCISTIC HATES OF SCORPION VENOM AGAINST OTHERS YOU LITTLE POS and mother f....old cow??

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you Lie mama like old witch on the broom
She's not you're "mama", fool.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>??? eh? beg?
???
beg for what writer? you not making no sense.
Attention.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Germany, Schulz's home country and the most powerful EU member state, is likely to be pivotal to any renegotiation."
Oh, I'm so happy that I ain't some filthy Brit.
i WAS LIVING IN GERMANY FROM 2000/2009
this is not true that germany is most powerful EU country today,
25% without of work, 75% foreigners,muslims, russians, polish, gipsies,
german left to S.America or Usa,
there are not original germans in Germany
old generation left country,and new generation left to Norway,Sweden, poland old german area, or Chech republik,UK,

moslims reside in germany in the filthy dirty Germans Bezirks,without of works,Hartz IV walfare, and s...food in those stories,every place where you go In German Cities you hear muslims music, and foreign language;gipsies,broken german,

trust me?THIS IS REALITY WHAT GERMAN COUNTRY IS TODAY?
POSTER HAVE NOT BASIC CLUE ABOUT MODERN GERMANY(ONLY NAME)

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it feels built in to me.
You don't want people to put an end to racism?
Are they trying to put an end to NASCAR again?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
As far as the Lord being in the tomb for 3 days.
Going from memory, I want to say that the Jewish day begins at sunset and ends at sunset the following day with the mindset in the order of evening to morning rather morning to evening.
Please remember that the Jewish concept of "day" is unlike our own. For instance, Thursday sunset to Friday sunset is the 6th day of the Jewish week which is also known as Preparation Day. And Friday sunset to Saturday sunset is the 7th (Sabbath) day of the Jewish week. And Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset is the 1st day of the Jewish week.
1. So from our understanding... the first day that Jesus was put in the tomb would be "before" Friday sunset (Thursday sunset to Friday sunset counts as 1 day and again,Jesus was put in the tomb on this day which is Preparation Day... the 6th day of the Jewish week)...
a. Mark 15:42-44
b. Luke 23:54-56
2. Friday sunset to Saturday sunset (2nd day Jesus was in the tomb and this is the Sabbath)
3. Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset (3rd day Jesus was in the tomb and the arose in the morning hours... remember, evening to morning)
In Jewish Christian circles, "The Lord's Day" is the Jewish first day of the week which is from Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset.
Outside of the Jewish Calendar in Roman times, at one point, Sunday used to be the 7th day of the week, and Monday the first day of the week. So that in part is why you see some confusion with Saturday versus Sunday worship... there's more to that situation of course. But when you see the Lord's Day mentioned in the Bible it is talking about the Jewish first day of the week.... and later on when Christians, however wrongly, separated themselves from the Jews due to peer pressures of anti-semitism, they took the Romanized version for the first day of the week as the Lord's Day.
Does it matter to the soul which day we go to church?

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes....Why you going to buy that wine for me?...LOL
((*L-))
I'm not.

But I will sing you a song:

P.S.: Hold out for a couple bottles of Dr. Loosen's best; it's the nectar of the Mosel.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said that your father took his income from the church collection plate.
Catcher thinks your discussions are compelling...

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the greatest young teenage women that I have ever met was ostracized from the black community because she wasn't "black enough". She wanted more for herself and so did her parents. She experienced racism from her own peers. She refused to give in to it though.
Yes... there is definitely some of that going on. It's not all the time but it happens more than it should. I heard someone use a metaphor to that by using a situation when starting to cook crabs in a pot... that when you try and pull one out the other crabs will latch on to it and "seemingly" try to pull it down. Obviously that can with any ethnicity or racial group.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes....Why you going to buy that wine for me?...LOL
((*L-))
Happy Birthday, Epi!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it feels built in to me.
You don't want people to put an end to racism?
Ah. Early indoctrination and a conditioned reflex.

Much is now made clearer.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You think we got problems? The EU can tell you what to do, next they will have a German in charge of the UK.
We only have to worry about some American dumb ass ruining our lives. You have to worry about a plethora of dumb asses ruining yours.
Shall I educate you regarding the European Union?

Nope can't be arsed, needless to say it's not often you're right but you're wrong again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
Yet you believe that even kids can just say "no" despite what they have experienced. Why do you expect a 14 or 15 years old to be able to rise above...yet you are not?
What are you talking about? As a kid, I did just say "no", despite what I experienced. I never robbed anybody, I never pushed drugs or sold drugs or even used drugs. My bedroom was always clean, my body was clean, I had my first "job" at 13; I worked at a ranch and made $20 a night on Friday and Saturday. Then I had my first "real job" (the kind that earns a paycheck) at 15. I started driving at 16 years old and I got my own apartment at 18.

I'm nothing like the scumbags we are talking about.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Does it matter to the soul which day we go to church?
Good Afternoon there Tri... Nope... not unless you're the Pastor who is suppose to be bringing the message that day, of course.

;)

Albeit though, some may put more emphasis on some days more than others and I definitely respect that also. As long as the Word of God goes forth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
when his concentration drops there is often "bleed-over" between the RR and Dave Nelson personas. I think it considerably more obvious with this (RR) incarnation than it was with buck. I find it particularly amusing how rapidly the ("non-christian") Dave rallies to support RR and most often to provide deflection for immoral positions.
the RR persona is a whole cloth invention, the poster is obviously not employed (witnessed by the time requirement to meet posting as RR alone). Do notice, like buck the RR persona claims no church attendance, like buck RR has been angered by a church, there is much more...
I think the RR persona is too damaged to be useful, and will be retired
OMG.

Personas?

Lol

There is only one me. RR. Dave & Buck are other people, not personas.

Panic much?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 538,622
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Joyful8118 732,539
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 14 min shyam 5,290
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min ChristineM 226,167
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 34 min Clearwater 173,259
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min WasteWater 257,770
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 49 min WasteWater 94,611
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••