|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they are. You're just ignorant. One example:
Morgan Freeman.
First name, Morgan. This name is of Celtic origin, "Of the sea".
Last name, Freeman. Can you guess this one?
Duane: "Bounty of the harvest"

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Interpretation is all based on perception...
A group of people called perverts...
It is done in the name of heaven/God...
They will justify it in the end...God I did what you wanted...I made those perverts feel hated...
Of course...if you are Christian...
You might feel as if the valley people took away your rights...
Some say that the one tin soldier is satan that destroyed...
Others see him as God...that rides away after he see what his people have done...
It is all perception...
I always saw the 'One Tin Soldier' as a valley man who is disgusted with the hatred of his people and rides away refusing to kill.

A conscientious objector consistent with a Vietnam Protest song.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
On the first day God created the dog. God said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. I will give you a life span of twenty years." The dog said, "That's too long to be barking. Give me ten years and I'll give you back the other ten."
So God agreed.
On the second day God created the monkey. God said, "Entertain people, do monkey tricks and make them laugh. I'll give you a twenty-year life span." The monkey said, "Monkey tricks for twenty years? I don't think so. Dog gave you back ten, so that's what I'll do too, okay?"
And God agreed.
On the third day God created the cow. "You must go to the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves, and give milk to support the farmer. I will give you a life span of sixty years."
The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. Let me have twenty and I'll give back the other forty."
And God agreed again.
On the fourth day God created man. God said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. I'll give you twenty years."
Man said, "What? Only twenty years? Tell you what, I'll take my twenty, and the forty the cow gave back, and the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back, that makes eighty, okay?"
Okay," said God, "You've got a deal."
So that is why the first twenty years we eat, sleep, play, and enjoy ourselves; the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family; the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren; and the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.
Life has now been explained to you.
That makes more sense than the Bible.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they are. You're just ignorant. One example:
Morgan Freeman.
First name, Morgan. This name is of Celtic origin, "Of the sea".
Are you sure it's not "by the sea"? Or "fighter of the sea"?

http://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/morga...

Gosh, I'm glad I'm not ignorant.
Last name, Freeman. Can you guess this one?
The same as Django...

"A freeborn servant or worker"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
RR's real name might be Mendax.
*slaps knee*

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody knows how old Mary was when she was impregnated.
And they never had sex, so God didn't rape her.
Dumb ass.
he impregnated her!

for godsake. how is that not an abuse of her rights and her body.

the expert consensus is 12.5

you do not have the authority to rewrite the christian bible

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't take legal opinions from felons, Dimwit.
Bull. You counsel yourself all day long.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Imagine a tribal naming system where one person in the tribe gives names to all the children born in that tribe. There would be a naming ritual after the child is born, probably with some superstitious elements.

Depending on the name given, a child might be groomed for leadership, trained as a soldier, or influenced to follow some other predetermined path.

Now imagine that there is something some parents have that the name giver wants.

Anything based on superstition, or the supernatural, or anything untestable, is easily corrupted, but the corruption is often indistinguishable from business as usual.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>...snip...
He is a Fraud. People that want to move from a country that culture is religious move to more secular nations such as what's in Europe, not Mexico where over 80% of the population is religious.
That Clown "AINT" no Doctor. His mind is just too small and infantile. His reasoning illogical and Weak. Too inferior and insecure to walk away from religion, too Stupid to be an atheist.
this is not the first time < I > have noticed that this poster's "accent" (dia-ability to compose regular "North American" prose) disappears when angry.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It may sound like stupid trash to you, but it's the truth.
I'm sorry if you can't handle it.
It is true that you are a racist

and

you also claim to be a christian, so your racism is no surprise

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

karl44 wrote:
he impregnated her!
for godsake. how is that not an abuse of her rights and her body.
the expert consensus is 12.5
you do not have the authority to rewrite the christian bible
She was told that it was gonna happen:

Luke 1:29-32
29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her,“Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

And she was ok with it:

Luke 1:38
And Mary said,
"Behold the handmaid of the Lord;
be it unto me according to thy word."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard for me to express the contempt I feel for your lack, in every way, for stating the above.
- what is "white"? What is this "group" of people?
- "what is "black"? What is this group of people?
For either character, since you're the racist, you have to present genetic arguments that link those two skin-color based divisions into biological realities that are linked to the racist claims you make.
You cannot do it, just as 18th century writers couldn't link physical traits to the "criminal races" of Italians, Irish and Jews.
And, you're a coward for not addressing a single point I raised in my previous paragraph. You couldn't speak to what I wrote for your lack - of education and ability to present your position.
You don't have one. And you're clinging to that outdated status because you have none in today's world. You wish racism were true because it would give you something over people - you don't have education, you don't have status, you don't have money. You're just barely middle class and you got there through skilled labor and that so bothers you that you need to feel better about yourself as if your innate biology gave you something over people visibly different from yourself.
There's nothing more pathetic in this world than the kind of racism you espouse, nothing more demeaning of your character.
Literally, as I wrote before, human scum wishing it were more by pushing other people down.
Well baby, the joke's on you. You can't raise yourself up by pushing others down. All you do is drown, flailing, in your own filth that way. The only way to go up is to do whatever you can, be that education, artistry, skilled labor, hard work, politics, sweat and blood, to push other people up, to find community through humanity, to find maturity in spirituality, in education, in kata - where ever you can, and help other up.
Racists, pedophiles and rapists will never understand that. And, yes, you're in those categories.
delivered with kindness, I do not know how you do it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>oh! so is you come up with this "meat space" and not skombolis.
Be honest writer. you like the "space" on this billboard rather being around real people or "meat space" don't cha'?
Here I meet persons with christian morality such as yourself

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
The notion that mary the alleged mother of jesus didn't have sex is NOT a biblical doctrine.
The immaculate conception refers to MARY's conception within the womb of her mother Anne. According to biblical and catholic doctrine Mary is the one who was immaculately conceived.
The bible clearly states that something, "overshadowed" Mary the alleged mother of jesus resulting in the conception of jesus....probably a Roman soldier called Panteras but it was decided to call the celestial violation of a child "Annunciation"...
You always were extremely jittery when the subject of the celestial rape of a twelve and a half year old girl was mentioned....even in your previous incarnation.
and finally...
Holy crap, 4000 posts in a month?
does that suggest employment in the construction sector?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
this is not the first time < I > have noticed that this poster's "accent" (dia-ability to compose regular "North American" prose) disappears when angry.
???
eh? my "accent". but wait...so you hear my voice when you read my writing? oy!lol! this fantasy "space" turn you mad.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so.
<quoted text>
Emmanuel is a phrase, "God with us". People aren't usually named a phrase.
<quoted text>
The Bible disagrees with you.\
<quoted text>
Yes she was, just like your wife is related to your ancestors.
<quoted text>
I.......uh.......don't know what 75% error you're talking about.
I dunno. I don't keep track of my posts as much as you do.
Jesus was in a tomb for one and a half days...allegedly.

"He shall be called Emmanuel"? He wasn't called Emmanuel, he was called Jesus...allegedly. How many people called him Emmanuel in the NT other than Matthew? Here's a clue, the number of minutes of your waking day which aren't spent on topix.

So in the same way that Pontius Pilate was related to King David...Mary the alleged mother of Jesus was related to David?

...bit thin really.

Obviously you don't keep track of your topix post score, it must be painful.

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
She was told that it was gonna happen:
Luke 1:29-32
29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her,“Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”
And she was ok with it:
Luke 1:38
And Mary said,
"Behold the handmaid of the Lord;
be it unto me according to thy word."
Luke circa 70-90CE knew exactly what she said...

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
does that suggest employment in the construction sector?
I don't think it suggests anything, I think it proves unemployment in the leisure sector...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here I meet persons with christian morality such as yourself
You have never met me. you respond to the writings of a fantastical persona I invented to take part in a pseudo-reality fantasy internet video game board called topix. if you think topix is reality then you stupid and need a life.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
Okay...I am out of here for a while.
River...again I apologize...in no way did I mean anything offensive toward you...I feel horrible that I said something that offended you.
Later people...try to be kind...there is not enough of that in the world.
Awww, honey. You didn't offend me.

Hi, I'm River.

Have we met?

:-)

Understand that almost everything I say is a joke. Not always good jokes. Not always funny jokes but jokes nonetheless.

WARNING !!! NOT A JOKE: I think you're awesome :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 561,521 - 561,540 of598,774
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

372 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min River Tam 716,761
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 11 min MUQ1 36,414
Choi game mien phi (Sep '12) 17 min hoang dat 136 21
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Hidingfromyou 223,217
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 39 min danetoo 114,651
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chess Jurist 530,167
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 2 hr andet1987 168
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr AussieBobby 255,732
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••