AOL

#586652 Sep 8, 2013

BIBLE's "Silence in Heaven" ID's RAPTURE timing >>

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#586653 Sep 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. I know Skom and Quin beyond this thread so my opinion is different. You can only go by what you see. I am not going to disagree with that.
What I do not understand.. is how you do not see they both portray Christianity as a hate based religion..

You overlook their "Christianity" yet spit on the graves of others doing the same exact thing as Q
and Skom..

And you forever call upon Christians to speak up against fellow Christians acting badly here on wsjlm..
All the while giving your buddies a free pass??

Like I said .. I judge others on how they treat all of humankind., not just how well they stroke my ego.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#586654 Sep 8, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I did click on the link but didn’t know why you would show me that. I guess we can find good or beauty in a lot of things that look ugly if we try. Although that was sad.
:)
Yes, it was sad. Life often is.

Reach towards the beauty of this world and be cut down by the ugly in it.

An eternal truth.

I am sorry for all the things I said about you. I was ugly.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#586655 Sep 8, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
WORTHLESS WORTHLESS by who's standards? Or maybe only one opinion huh. Which I might add come by the dozens these days. What has happened to just being a individual why does everything have to be grouped Christians and non Christians. Is the thinking of lets make the individual human disappear taking over some brains of a like in worm thinking. You always been Annie to me and will remain Annie to me a individual.
Thanks LW. I am just me...the good and the bad.

Some of us come here to share what we have in common and to understand our differences.

I have learned...that is not always possible. There will be those that don't want us to have any commonalities.

Some say that it is only this way in a media such as Topix. I wonder though...if we discussed these same issues face to face...would it eventually become as it has here...divided...with so much hatred.

I fear that it might...my guess is that it would over time.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#586656 Sep 8, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never met HFN in person...but I will go out on a limb...I honestly believe that if I showed up at her house...she would make me feel welcome...despite our difference. Maybe she would even offer me a cup of coffee!:-)
Honestly...she might not care for how you express yourself...but I don't believe she hates. She gets frustrated at times...just as I do...expressing that frustration at times comes off as anger.
Hate...I have just never felt that she does...well there was that one time! LOL
I was wrong about her. I will take you word on it.

Location hidden

#586657 Sep 8, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning skom;
I been across the border into Old Mexico several times and what I seen of it, is not a pleasant place. Woman peddling sex to men super young girls used in bars even when with a child in the basket, Food cookin in the streets meats like chicken hung on a rack with mounds of flies on it for sale. Little children painting on framed velvet with shoe polish and try to sale art to help feed family.
Most of the housing I seen was not fit for a chicken hut. Most sleep rolled in a blanket on a dirt floor. Also some do what few clothes they own wash in a river or pond. Tis a small wonder they will risk limb and life to come to the states. You might want to read about what the border patrol reports say. Also if Mexican gov does not want someone there they best pack and leave or look at living in some very poor prison conditions. Some of those prisoners catch cockroaches to eat just to servive. You should read some of the articles about the drug and gang movement that goes on too. No that place is not all that grand.
You could also be describing places right here in the USA..
I find this post odd. What's your point??

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#586658 Sep 8, 2013
Well...I just got back from mountain climbing.

Oh...okay...that is a lie.

I ran up the mountain...well I actually took a helicopter...or was that a hand glider.

Sigh...

Okay...it was a hill.

Alright...I walked up the hill...but I walked really fast.

Dang...this honesty stuff is really tough.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#586659 Sep 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry Ben, but the "do onto others" idea is far far older than the Abrahamic or Roman tradition.
Agreed.
I was trying to show that the Bible explicitly uses the negative form of the Golden Rule. Only Jesus implies the positive form.

The wording of the Golden Rule as we use it today isn't from the Bible at all but from a 500 year old Catholic text.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#586660 Sep 8, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
"Complete abstinence is easier than perfect moderation."
- Augustine
Often the case.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#586661 Sep 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rider, you know how much I like Mark Knopfler?
I'd do Emmylou on the pitcher's mound of Yankee Stadium during the first game of the World Series.
That's how much I like her. I don't care how old she is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Gwve8kSfuoQXX
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Oh hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
What's with this aging thing?
Have you listened to the album "Bluebird"? She'll tear your heart out...

Location hidden

#586662 Sep 8, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, a "matter" - Whussamatter wit da matter?
Quite right, I started calling you "professor" in light-heartedness, not that you carried the title in the school you taught at the time-
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
... and you did give a brief insight concerning you occupation here -
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
..and elsewhere in the time frame.
So, Professor, how's the halls ;)
Hi Senecus..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#586663 Sep 8, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
the same exact thing as Q
and Skom..
Is one of your marionette strings broken?

You forgot to mention RA

Meh, I am sure you will get to it!

For three people that never give you a moment's thought unless you come in from lurking and start whining about us, you sure do seem fixated.

Carpe diem

Oh puppet my puppet

~snicker

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#586664 Sep 8, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
You could also be describing places right here in the USA..
I find this post odd. What's your point??
I was not and I repeat describing a place it was the place and I done that walk. And I choose to share that walk with skom. I wanted him to see what my eyes had seen. It just this simple.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#586665 Sep 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't show why race has nothing to do with it, as was your claim.
I said it was a criminal act at the onset. It was a criminal act, and race had nothing to do with it. If it had been racially motivated the teens that would have been stated by the law/legal system, charges would have been filed in reference to that - and - charged with the criminal act seen on video.

The support for my assertion is made by the law. I need to supply nothing in addition to what the law has already provided.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Don't sit there and tell me I gotta support MY claim but YOU don't...
The law/legal system has already provided the support for my statement.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Because the majority of them are criminals and losers.
Who is, "them"?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#586666 Sep 8, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh
Maybe you lost that lawsuit because you are terrible at math at prescribed way too much medication?
I make a lot more money than you live off of.
You live in a Mexican slum
I made a good living in America
Only in your delusions are you in the better position. But you are welcome for me reminding you to pretend to go to your once a week, fancy $25 dinner. You are a real big shot LOL
I make more than that in an hour. You have to wait all week to budget that in that many pesos!
How was work? Did you eat out of the vending machines, or make it back to 7-Eleven for some more microwaved goodness?

Have a blessed life, will ya?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#586667 Sep 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wrong about her. I will take you word on it.
"G" we are all one-sided in this debate...we are biased according to our our beliefs and to what side of the fence that we are on...you are...I am...and so is HFN.

We are more likely to agree...defend...side with those that have similar views. We often refrain from disagreeing with those people that we stand next to.

Why??? Various reasons...maybe you agree with a small portion of what they are saying...who knows...could be simply because we are not passionate one way or the other concerning that matter. Why enter in to the fray.

There is another reason why some...on both sides...might not speak up against a member of their "side"...they possibly will become the next target.

I had that happen once...I disagreed on an issue...started WWIII with someone that for the most part I had always agreed with. Silly me...fought back...was it worth speaking up and disagreeing??? Yes...but it was ugly for a long time.

Whether you change you opinion of HFN is entirely up to you...for me...

Despite the fact that many on my side of the fence might find her objectionable...I will still reach my hand across the fence in friendship. If someone loses respect for me because of that...oh well...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#586668 Sep 8, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I clicked on it RT. Then I reread HL’s post to me.
<quoted text>
I ‘m not here killing people nor am I cheating friends. I do fight back when it’s called for because they are fighting me or others. Sometimes it is either that or let someone run over you, so to speak. I see her as doing the same thing so if she is going to aim the song and her words at me it seems to me that she should aim them at herself too.
So what do you think she was saying through the song that meant so much to her?
You didn't get the message of that song ?

That is sad.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#586669 Sep 8, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
Well...I just got back from mountain climbing.
Oh...okay...that is a lie.
I ran up the mountain...well I actually took a helicopter...or was that a hand glider.
Sigh...
Okay...it was a hill.
Alright...I walked up the hill...but I walked really fast.
Dang...this honesty stuff is really tough.
Lol

Was it uphill both ways?

Location hidden

#586670 Sep 8, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your opinion Le_le....Its not just RA....I asked alot of other older posters and they pretty much all same the same thing.....
That's great.
Seems its been cleared up??

Your effort in the matter is what puzzled me..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#586671 Sep 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. Penn. has been breaching UG coal fires for centuries now....they never really extinguish.
Centralia PA is abandoned due to the raging mine fire beneath it.

Many areas of PA have fires that are still burning after almost 100 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Joe Fortuna 70,051
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Pad 658,381
37 yo male for some fun all ages welcome 17 min fleshbaton 1
Sex with demon possessed doll (Jun '15) 30 min mar 80
looking for male pomeranian to breed with 2 yea... (Apr '11) 32 min Mandy 116
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 35 min Poppyann 2,974
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 51 min gundee123 4,930
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr here 282,867
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Mints376 974,603
More from around the web