Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#586121 Sep 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>There used to be what I would call common sense justice.
If someone breaks into your house..
If someone starts a fight...
If people gang attack someone...
If someone goes after a woman or the elderly or someone handicapped...
Etc, Etc
Some people need to be thrown a beating. According to the law lets say someone pulled those three off of the 13 year old and they stopped attacking him, it would then be illegal to do anything to them since self-defense only covers an amount of force needed to stop an attack. But how is that justice? Someone could literally walk up and sock a woman in the face and then put their hands up and say "I'm done, I'm not resisting" and if someone did something to them they'd go to jail.
That doesn't balance the scales.
Someone can break into a home and smash a bottle over someone's head after robbing them and then go after someone else and it is on the person they are going after to make sure they don't use too much force when potentially fighting for their life
It's so backwards. I'm not advocating shooting someone because they talked snack or bumped into someone. The response can't be absurdly disproportionate. But the old school days of nobody crying over someone who brought something on themselves are over.
I think when people do certain things they open themselves up to certain responses. Those three deserve a trip behind the woodshed. Bet they wouldn't do it again
this is how you wound-up incarcerated the first time.
I see you have learned nothing.
Your criminal thinking must be a birth defect, were both your parents christian?

Your criminal thinking is going to get you in front of a judge again, and the next time you will have priors, in america that should get you a nice piece of time. When you are incarcerated again remember to not tell them you are a christian, the stats of incarcerated christians make it look bad for the religion, do your christian part, lie.

Location hidden

#586122 Sep 7, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the thing. The so called investigation is over. Around here most of the rage has been directed at the driver saying he should have stepped in. No doubt I'm biased since as of now I drive all day long and almost went this route. My thought is somehow whoever the kid told ratted him out. While I don't think its good to be quiet when punks like this screw off, especially if they involve you I do understand the mindset that says its not worth it. I also see this as yet another reason that those that can are home schooling. Most can't do it though.
In Canada, some years back there was a shooting at an University, 14 young women were executed (for being female in a science field).

There was a lot of expressed anger that none of the young male students stood in front of the gun.

People often do not think clearly when angry.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#586123 Sep 7, 2013
karl44 wrote:
so now ... correct me here ... you are saying that the lack of prayer in schools is not the cause of the decline, but merely that the decline "began" at the time of the school rule change???
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes, sort of. I think the lack of prayer in schools started the decline in the American family lifestyle. Kind of like a snowball effect, or a ripple effect.
You've been waffling.

Whether you have stated as much explicitly or not, you have indicated that in your opinion, the cessation of school prayer led to damage of the American culture. The obvious implication is that you believe that if school prayer were reinstated, that America would be restored to a status of greatness by a god that withholds its affections and protection if it is not honored by children in schools.

I don't expect you to affirm or clearly amend that. You seem to want to leave a vague pro-religion impression without committing yourself to any theory that can be rebutted. I expect your answer to always be some form of "Well, not exactly" and "I didn't say that."

Location hidden

#586124 Sep 7, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sad about the kid that was almost beat to death? At the time the driver said on a 9-11 call he thought he might be killed? At least one of the boys was on the news and his father gave a moving speech. Sorry, I don't care a bit about race religion or anything. Do the crime do the time. They should have been charged as adults and it won't shock me if in the future they do end up killing someone.
do you think one might get the same cell as Skum?

Location hidden

#586125 Sep 7, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You need to be MORE concerned about YOURSELF. You're going to be TRIED,AND CONVICTED, of REJECTING the Lord Jesus Christ, if you don't accept Him before you leave this current, fallen world.
If it turns out your god is real

I am going to spit in his face

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#586126 Sep 7, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Gentle warning to all;
Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
So if you love Jesus Christ you can well plan on it.
"There is great force hidden in a gentle command."

~ George Herbert

Oft quoted by River Tam (Me) before saying, "Stay seated, sir".

http://www.beertripper.com/OffTopic/2011/off-...

Fennario

#586127 Sep 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Died in 2007, at age 87. She was, still is, a hero to me.
I missed who you were referring to, so I did some research. Was it Leona Helmsley?

Location hidden

#586128 Sep 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>They may have gotten dealt a bad hand in life and that is unfortunate.
And I think everyone knows our prisons don't rehabilitate. It is solely for punishment. And sometimes that's fine and other times it isn't.
But sometimes the main thing is that it protects future potential victims
I'm not saying these kids are unsalvageable. But there has to be a price to pay for almost killing a 13 year old kid who didn't want drugs being pushed on him.
Personally I'd be fine with like a year in juvie and extensive counseling. Maybe even enter them in the big brother program. They have to be punished but in all for making an effort to save them. Their brains are not even fully developed. They still have potential to be decent adults
<shrug>

just waiting for your second turn

american justice does not rehabilitate; present company not excepted

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#586129 Sep 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate."
~ Douglas Adams
The Guide says, watch Quick Draw on Hulu.

It's like Reno 911 in the old west.

Location hidden

#586130 Sep 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said Peter was the Rock.
I think Paul had rocks in his head.
Paul was one of the first to turn the words of the jesus into a profit for himself

humorously almost all of America that claim to be "christian" are actually "Pauline's".

Paul set out to destroy chrisianity, you must credit him with an excellent attempt. there are few "real christians"

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#586131 Sep 7, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Before leaving His disciples what did Jesus say to them.
These things I have spoken unto you that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulations but be of good cheer. I have overcome the world. John 16:33
"I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining."

~ Groucho Marx

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#586132 Sep 7, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
What were some of the cheering word He said to them.
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; If it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you I will come again and receive you unto Myself; that where I am there ye may be also. John 14:1-3
"Knowing that we are primates, I think, is a fascinating discovery, and a very interesting and rather cheering one."

~ Christopher Hitchens

Location hidden

#586133 Sep 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't you buffoon....it's neutral grey.
ya, the grey gyproc is like RR, it merely passes for white.

Location hidden

#586134 Sep 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I am feeling the urge to argue...
I think I will sign out.
I just hate it when people put words in my mouth that I didn't say nor imply.
I will say though...I feel a bit dirty by using RR's words in my post...even to make a point...I shouldn't have.
do not bathe in holy water, the feeling will only get worse

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#586135 Sep 7, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
In what spirit should we serve the Lord.
Serve the Lord with gladness come before His presence with singing. Psalms 100:2
"I do not concern myself with gods and spirits either good or evil nor do I serve any."

~ Lao Tzu

Fennario

#586136 Sep 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Filthy Christian liar."
"Scum. Human scum."
"Idiot."
"Assmaggot."
Indeed....
Those were not the words of Christians, BTW...
Point?

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#586137 Sep 7, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
What is sown for the upright in heart.
Light is sown for the righteous and gladness for the upright in heart. Psalms 97:11
"Do not be very upright in your dealings for you would see by going to the forest that straight trees are cut down while crooked ones are left standing."

~ Chanakya

Location hidden

#586138 Sep 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one sock perverted individual.
You disgust me.
sock of that po

that persona is nearly done, while it is not the only sock of that poster, I think we can safely predict that it will be retired and we shall see a new <main> persona

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#586139 Sep 7, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
What effect has a merry heart.
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"Happy and alone, you say? Reclusive and merry? How oxymoronic! Pas possible! Alas, the concept is lost on so many."

~ Caroline Knapp

Location hidden

#586140 Sep 7, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I hear ya friend
No point in crying in our soup about what comes with the territory
There is no weighing the pros and cons or worrying about the cost when it comes down to certain things that we do simply because the cost of not doing them would be unbearably high
(T) Peace
there is a cell waiting for you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min old_moose 24,710
OVERWHELMED...by God's blessings 27 min Doctor REALITY 13
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 34 min Doctor REALITY 34
I admire Bill and Melinda Gates 41 min Doctor REALITY 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min Michael 685,474
Anne Bennett Patricia Bennett 1 hr Curiousitypretty 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr PrinceofDarkness 985,610
More from around the web