Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#585612 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean stop "mandatory" school prayer.
You know that, now you're being the disingenuous one.
Why should prayer in school be mandatory?

And which sort of prayer? Muslim? Buddhist chants? The Te Deum and "Hail, Mary"?

How about clapping three times and bowing, to attract the attention of the spirits of your ancestors?

How do you suppose ANY of that would help?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#585613 Sep 5, 2013
On this date in 1774, the first Continental Congress gathered in Philadelphia.
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#585614 Sep 5, 2013
LOSERFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my you're so right!
If there was a hot politician he would so win cuz there are more women and stuffs.
I wish I was a manly man so I could know everything, back to me mags and that.
*twirls hair whilst staring vacantly*
pffftttttbbbbbb
@@
Please, go away.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#585615 Sep 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I dunno why it's that way for me. I can literally roll in it, chop it back, get covered with it and at the most I'll get a slight redness on my skin, gone the next day.
I dropped a tree before that had a large vine growing in the center of the tree(heart was dead and hollow in the tree), I had chips flying all over me, in my face, down my shirt, etc., due to the odd angle I was cutting from.
That evening I had some slight irritation in my eyes and on my face, but the next morning it was completely gone. It was the next day that I discovered the poison oak was >inside< of the tree.
Just fortunate I guess. I've seen people absolutely miserable with a bad exposure/case of poison oak that requires medical treatment.
Yup!
Same here.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#585616 Sep 5, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
Atheist jesus is my personal favorite. In case there's a poll.
http://www.troll.me/images/thumbs-up-jesus-sa...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#585617 Sep 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Why should prayer in school be mandatory?
And which sort of prayer? Muslim? Buddhist chants? The Te Deum and "Hail, Mary"?
How about clapping three times and bowing, to attract the attention of the spirits of your ancestors?
I recommend this prayer:

O Mighty Lord of the Earth, by whom all things are set free, I cast myself utterly into thine arms and place myself unreservedly under thy all powerful protection. Comfort me and deliver me from all of the hindrances and snares of those who wish to harm me, both seen and unseen.
Visit justice and vengeance upon those who seek my destruction. Render them powerless and devastated. Direct their malice to return upon them tenfold and to destroy them who would resent my being.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585618 Sep 5, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Please, go away.
Go back to your own vomit, dog!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#585619 Sep 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>YOU WILL BE PUNISHED!!!111!!!!1111!!!!!111 !!!

yOU WILL BE SENT TO LABOR CAMP!!!!11!!!!!11!!!

wITH MANY, MANY MOSQUITO!

THE benevolent DICTATOR ALL PRAISES BE HIS NAME!!!111!!!11
!!!1!!!!1!11!!1!11111!
Good stuff.

Location hidden

#585620 Sep 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Why should prayer in school be mandatory?

None of that nonsense helps.

Click yer heels three times, that might do the trick.

Location hidden

#585621 Sep 5, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Yes sir! Whatever you say! Right away!

Try not to blow yourself up k? Mmkay.

Location hidden

#585622 Sep 5, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your opinion on the woman of salt.
You're welcome.
Makes me wonder what yer into/up to now.

Location hidden

#585623 Sep 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Brill.

Location hidden

#585624 Sep 5, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Let's do an experiment.

You pray for me to go away and see if it works.

Ok?

Goodo.

Location hidden

#585625 Sep 5, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Cap I was only playin with your brain messin with ya for sht and giggles.
You do that, don't ya.
Oh, remember me tell'n ya I was runn'n a haul truck...mov'n mountains an stuff? well for the last week or so we have been building roads and digging a huge "pond"..more like a lake.
Well, we have been finding "glacier rollers"(nickname) just above or in the "blue clay" layer.
Ever heard of them? They are almost perfectly round like balls, but they are stone or a form of ferrite.
I also found some black pliocene flint, and what is possibly a piece of onyx that is about 20-30 pounds. Some of these may be 2-5 million years old.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585626 Sep 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do that, don't ya.
Oh, remember me tell'n ya I was runn'n a haul truck...mov'n mountains an stuff? well for the last week or so we have been building roads and digging a huge "pond"..more like a lake.
Well, we have been finding "glacier rollers"(nickname) just above or in the "blue clay" layer.
Ever heard of them? They are almost perfectly round like balls, but they are stone or a form of ferrite.
I also found some black pliocene flint, and what is possibly a piece of onyx that is about 20-30 pounds. Some of these may be 2-5 million years old.
Cool stuff.

Those are the tombstones of Adam and Eve. All crushed and ground by the flood 5000 years ago.

Thought I would head 'em off at the pass. LOL

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#585627 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already told you this, I broke a home because my wife broke our vows one too many times.
You're still misunderstanding me. It has nothing to do with the prayer itself, it has to do with people believing in God at a young age. To me, that instills a sense of morality in the kids that secularism doesn't offer.
And the fall of the American family since the early 1960s is evidence of that.
Then teach them at home RR and don't depend on other people to do it.

The downfall is not prayer being taken out of schools...it is parents not taking responsibility for teaching their own children the set of values that they want them to have.

Your using prayer being taken out of schools as an excuse...an excuse to cover up that many Christian parents are not spending the time to do it themselves.

I have asked you twice...maybe I missed your answer...but I never got a response...

If you believe that the lack of prayer in school has contributed to the downfall...people forgetting God...did you make up for it by praying with them before they left for school.

I assume that you didn't since you have failed to respond on two different occasions to my question.

So based on that assumption...if you felt as if the lack of prayer contributes to the downfall of America...why didn't you do your part and pray with them each morning?

IMO...a parent sitting down with their child and praying would be far more meaningful than some teacher that the child probably thinks is full of hot air.

It sounds RR as if you are wanting the schools to take up the slack where you have failed. You are not alone in that though. After working for the school system for several years...many parents wanted to blame the schools for their lack of parenting.

Deuteronomy 11:

18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

20 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates,

21 so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth.

Not a word in those verses RR about sending them to school to learn of God...it specifically says for you to sit at home...when you walk down a road with them...when you lie down...when you arise.

It goes on further to say...write his words upon the door frames of your house and upon your gates...never a word about the schoolhouse.

IMO...prayers being banned from public schools is not the problem...maybe however...the prayers that were not being said at home are.

Location hidden

#585628 Sep 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, yes and no
The numbers were a little skewed for a while too as fear of judgement or being ostracized would cause some men still in the closet to attribute the contraction to straight sex to protect their privacy
The truth is due to style of sex and the subsequent minor bleeding and the tearing of skin makes AIDS much more transmittable thru anal sex
It is also true the disease does not discriminate and straight or gay sex in this manner creates the same risk
It is not a punishment on a segment of people nor is it a moral indicator. But the style of sex that is more prevalent in the male, gay community does make the risk of contraction higher
Treatment or unsafe blood transfusions are obviously issues as well. It is harder to contract the disease through heterosexual sex but only due to the approach
There ya go.
Thanks for a sensible reply.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#585629 Sep 5, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's do an experiment.
You pray for me to go away and see if it works.
Ok?
Goodo.
I wouldn't worry too much about his prayers. He wanted me beaten, raped and murdered...so far...God has ignored him.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585630 Sep 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO...prayers being banned from public schools is not the problem...maybe however...the prayers that were not being said at home are.
Good point!

Thanks!
Lost In Transition

United States

#585631 Sep 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
She better stay with him if she knows what's good for her and remembers her school prayers!
I'd dump him. The dude drives a 10 year old Kia, calls for help on an obama-phone, and wears ill fitting Wrangler jeans.
I'll bet he's from downtown Baltimore. Or France.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min arrr 24,890
Dog was hit by a car. Who is responsible for what? 18 min Corbin KY 2009 5
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,492
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Robert F 985,590
2510 Cantrell Road Walmart's FRIED CHICKEN is a... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News GOP not interested in health care for us 2 hr Bug 2
Boone County/Petersburg Distillery workers in B... 4 hr Boone County Bourbon 1
More from around the web