Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585520 Sep 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Please demonstrate that the "family" has broken down.
Here's a university paper about it. Read it and tell me what you think.

"Second, although the entire Western world has experienced similar changes in family life since 1965 (i.e. increasing numbers of women in the workplace, steeply rising divorce rates, etc.), virtually every country except the United States has adapted to them through family support policies. These policies include parental leave, child care, and family allowances. The assumption in these countries has long been that shifting family patterns are a response to large economic and social forces. We are the only country in which government policy has been aimed at reversing the tide of family change, rather than mitigating its effects."

http://www.scu.edu/ethics/publications/other/...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#585521 Sep 5, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you don't dare speak the name of Jesus...
Jesus Christ, you're a scumbag!

Jesus!
Jesus!
Jesus!
Jesus!
Jesus!
Jesus!

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#585522 Sep 5, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, LW.
I haven't had any new stuff since '07.
I just change a few words around, and hope nobody notices.
Had a cinnamon twist this morning. It was still warm, so good. Can't do that too often.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585523 Sep 5, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey it's my right. Garfield is fictional yet I can praise him as well :p
Heretic!

Prepare the sauce!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585524 Sep 5, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Jist say superior dna, go'on you know you want to. lol
He turned the pissing contest into a circle jerk. LOL

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#585525 Sep 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying.
Eu nu mint niciodata

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585526 Sep 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You produced a paragraph that, in no uncertain terms, declared the rise of women to be due to increasing rights of women such that they did not need to stay in abusive households.
You lament that women are divorcing men, regardless of abuse, for the sake of "family" yet you left an abusive woman.
Where to begin with such unrepentant lack of self-analysis?
If you truly believe in the sanctity of abusive marriages, you should have held dear to your abusive wife.
You didn't. You're not black and you're not a woman. Satan must have gotten into your soul for you to leave her.
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!
It seems to me that women don't vote in a logical way, it seems to me that they vote in an emotional way. But that's not really fair, no, no, I'm sorry. Actually, it seems that most Americans nowadays vote for a party instead of a person. Have you ever watched on YouTube, "the people that voted for Obama"? It'll give you a startling insight to my red herring.

Yes, I did leave an abusive woman. I'm not going to sit here and say that my life is perfect, because it's not. But more than her abuse, she broke our wedding vows over and over and over again. After 12 years I just couldn't take it anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pro divorce, under the circumstances. I would never dictate to somebody why they can or can't get divorced, but I have my opinions and gosh darn it I'm going to keep my opinions.

And for your record, I don't believe in the "sanctity of abusive marriages". You're adding in and you're indulging at your whim. Knock it off.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585527 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your" America is different than mine, not by much though.....
Yours is all white.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585528 Sep 5, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I do see things coming to point where many are not going to put up with the crap anymore. Case in point, most I've met that say things like equality for all have no intention for the U.S. Constitution, especially the bill of rights to apply to all. Look in this very forum for countless examples of it.
Yup.

Imagine if that same kid said something like "there's probably no God, so I'm not going to thank it".

I wonder if the school officials would have turned off the mic...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#585529 Sep 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yosemite
I tell him a while back that you trick him. You pull him on this billboard to get a royal azz whupping like a runaway slave deserve, and that what he got. Because as you say if he choose Christianity as an adult, clearly he was not indoctrinated. So after he leave Christianity, how come he cant let go? because he is a sl why. Well then I treat him like a slave then.
Then to make matters worse he come on here pretending to be a atheist. But when any Christian mention hell he jump up with his "chicken on a stick" routine, clearly in the back of his mind the thought of hell scare the cock-a-doodle out of him so he run to "arise chicken" to feign disbelieve but he always respond.
I no know what you write to him but he come in here gunning for you like Yosemite with 2 guns 'I'm a git me some crissians' oy!lol!.
So he still come everyday. Everyone seeing he stuck between two religions, wishing and daydreaming one was dying, but too stupid to defend the other. HA!.'it aint necessarily so' is a colossal absurd joke of a person. And to see him in this position make me all the more curious how silly his writings will be to get out of this predicament he bring on himself by coming on this billboard.
I would most pity him if not for the fact that he had a choice. I mean its sad in a way to see a lonely old man trying to talk like a teenager and being so dependent on Internet validation so he can feel better about himself and where he ended up.

But by his own posts his crusade against Christianity was Topic-born. He could just come online, share insights on multiple subjects, and get validation based on merit and not simply a few followers willing to tell him whatever he so desperately needs to hear.

But he chose to be a bigot. He decided that he needed to try to make others look bad to feel better about himself. He opted for a hate crusade. And his ego made him believe he could go this way and with the help of a few trolls he could run people over. Instead he just loses more ground every day, looking sillier and more fraudulent.

In the land if the blind a one-eye man is king. Maybe considering who he hung with he was something special. In here he is just the room pinyata:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585530 Sep 5, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I do see things coming to point where many are not going to put up with the crap anymore. Case in point, most I've met that say things like equality for all have no intention for the U.S. Constitution, especially the bill of rights to apply to all. Look in this very forum for countless examples of it.
It's not all bad news....

"HIGH SCHOOL VALEDICTORIAN STUNS AUDIENCE AFTER HE RIPS UP SPEECH AND DELIVERS THE LORD’S PRAYER INSTEAD — WILD APPLAUSE FOLLOWS"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/05/hi...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585531 Sep 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
We did stop mandatory prayer in schools.
We no longer force all children to recite a Christian prayer.
Yes, I know.

And thanks to "you", ever since then the American family has gone downhill.

Much love, I hope you're feeling better.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585532 Sep 5, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I do see things coming to point where many are not going to put up with the crap anymore....
Yes. You're hate speech is being shut off on public property.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#585533 Sep 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. interesting post. Here's my list ..
1. The social revolution (A Demand For Equal & More Individual Rights).
2. War (Vietnam).
3. Nuclear Threat.
.. anyone else care to volunteer a list ??..
1- Columbus discovering "America".
2- him living to tell about it.
3- England getting in on the act.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#585534 Sep 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaa..
I guess my old days haven't been reached yet.
I still find music that I like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =p4XPXRTsPpIXX
LOL lil sneeks ,lol socks to the knees, gonna make a motel out of me.lol.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585535 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
.We are the only country in which government policy has been aimed at reversing the tide of family change,....
Correct. We are very slow at abandoning your ancient religious beliefs.

Your own cite argues against you.

What a maroon!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#585536 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you'll believe me, I'll try to explain anyway.
I chose those three because I (ignorantly) assumed that the people who would've read it would have understood that two out of the three options absolutely insane and could never be the correct answer.
So couple that with my apparent misogyny and racism, I understand why people took that the wrong way.
But alas, like I said you won't believe me.
such persecution

and you being a good christian and all

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#585537 Sep 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not working on it. He's holding firm. It seems, counselor, that you were correct.
Catcher is always correct.

Just ask HL.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585538 Sep 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:

Yours is all white.
No, it isn't.

I don't know what's wrong with you and I don't know why bother even posting to you. But....

I am a racist, or at least I'll say that I have "racist tendencies". I'm also quite a bit of a misogynist.

But I'll also admit that racism is wrong, it's a character flaw that I have but I've been fighting as long as I can remember. My mom's dad and my dad were both extremely racist, that's where I learned it from. But it's never made any sense to me the way they talked about blacks and Mexicans, which is who they were racist against.

But I got lucky. I had my dad's dad in my life. There wasn't one racial bone in his body. He loved all people, no matter the skin color or if the eyes are slanted or if you wearing a yamikah or if you were Christian or if you were atheist. He loved everybody. He taught me a great deal but it was always in conflict with those other two men.

And that's the conflict I still have.

Isn't there a great saying or something out there that says something like "The only way to fix a problem is to admit that there's a problem"?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#585539 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
If there is anybody on this thread who rises to the level of a philosopher, it's karl44.
<quoted text>
Don't let it get to your head too much, he's just trying to find new recruits.
I think he's up to like six. You'd be lucky number seven :-)
I am attracted to/by intellect

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min here 63,370
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min another viewer 973,652
sexy girl want to Skype fun Skype: dilinazi20 (Apr '15) 19 min Allauddin khan 53
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Just Think 653,676
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Pegasus 281,841
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr ChristineM 445,964
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr andet1987 2,565
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr DebraE 106,474
More from around the web