Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#585454 Sep 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty the downfall of the USA happened because Alaska and Hawaii were both granted statehood in 1959.
The music died that year too. That undoubtedly added to the decline as well.
Think about it.
Working definition of "The Good Ol' Days": The last decade you gave a crap about the music...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#585455 Sep 5, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ep,
If you mean on Topix, one only need look to the right of the avatars - I registered Oct. 2009, Duane July 2011; but we both predate that as unregistered posters, myself by at least a year, don't know how long Duane did.
As far as posting on this thread I began a year before Duane.
As for the 'matter', why seek a consensus of collective memories when one can search for a reference in print, like "chapter and verse" :)
It's not as labourious as one might think and, would be more concrete.
Maybe a "Topix Squatter" will do it for you if asked, for a small fee, of course(LOL)....
Hey , this could be the start of a whole new enterprise....
Hey thanks Jack....Nah.....I have stated what I have had to say....I'm not going back to find anything.....

I don't really care anymore....Time to move on....

:-)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#585456 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop school prayer - cause.
All of the above - effect.
Give over, RR. Prayer is not banned in US schools.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#585457 Sep 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am also one of those "baby mamas" that you mention. Not all of us lived on welfare and expected everyone else to hand us life on a silver platter.
I could have gotten an abortion in some back street alley...instead...I faced a Christian father who spent part of his time in a pulpit. I stood up to his wrath...his months of silence to me...to bring that child in to the world. I worked long hard hours to provide her with a home and the necessaties...I went without so that she could have piano and dance lessons.
I took nothing from welfare programs...nothing from her biological father...I did it on my own.
There are plenty of us parents out here that have raised our children in homes that you condemn...families that you think have caused the decline of this country.
Go screw yourself RR.
Who is close-minded RR...when you think that family means at least 2.6 people.
Kudos for raising a child on your own. I personally have no issue with someone who needs assistance to better provide for a child. As a society we should have programs to ensure at least children have some basics until they can fend for themselves.

Although I saw you said you never took assistance or child support. Even more commendable.

I am reading from the newest post back and skip posts due to time but from the post of RR's you responded to here it seemed to me that he was ripping on 'parents' who did nothing more than provide the genetic material and didn't handle their business and responsibilities as parents. I didn't see it as ripping on single parents or parents who aren't married.

I think sociologically speaking it has been proven when possible it is generally better to have a two parent family. But one good parent is way better than two crappy ones.

Are you sure his post was meant derogatory towards you and not just to biological parents that don't do what they need to do in order to provide for their kid who is their responsibility? Maybe as I continue to read I will understand better

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#585458 Sep 5, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Not enough free time.
He was busy perfecting his signature cookie.
Hey...we were just talking about you this afternoon

How r u doing LIT?

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#585459 Sep 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a perfect world if you were a W.A.S.P.
Yes, those were the days...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#585460 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true. I agree 100%.
That's why I posted earlier about "my" America.
My America is a melting pot,
On this we agree.
my America is freedom,
No one has taken your freedom away...you can still piss off your front porch if you choose.
my America is revolution,
Not sure of your definition here...revolving...revolting.. .???
my America is standing up for rights,

[/QUOTE}

Whose rights? Yours? What about the rights of others that you don't agree with? Will you start a revolution if you don't agree with those rights?

[QUOTE]

my America is rock 'n roll and country music,
You are able to listen to both of those.
my America is Jesus at Christmas time,
No one stops you from celebrating Christmas however you choose...or forces you to celebrate it at all.
my America is individual freedom,
Your individual freedom...or for everyones individual freedom?
by America as individual rights,
Same as above...just yours...or for everyone?
my America is a dirt road and a 4 x 4 truck,
Okay...go for it.
my America is not drinking water from a plastic bottle,
Is someone making you drink from plastic? Use a real glass instead.
my America speaks English,
The majority of us do...stay out the the Hispanic District...China Town...the Asian sections...you will probably be just fine.
my America used to close businesses at 6 PM so that families could be together,
This one is really simple RR...just go home at six and don't go back out. Spend time with your family. That is a choice that you can make...it is an individual right and freedom to do so.
my America used to observe Sunday as more than just a day to barbecue,
Yet you admit that you don't go to church. You also have the individual freedom and right to observe it however you want...just don't barbecue.
my America has freedom of speech where one word won't get you fired from a job,
Don't know about this one...I think however that when you are employed by an employer that values diversity...they pay your wages...then at the very least I think they have the right to require you to respect that diversity.
my America is about neighbors caring for each other and strangers carry for each other,
You should certainly put that in to practice...it is your individual freedom and right to do so. Is there a law in Riverside that prevents that?
my America knows that "in God we trust" has a special meaning to it.
You expect everyone to feel it has special meaning??? If it holds no special meaning to someone does it prevent you from feeling that way?
That's my America, it's undoubtedly not yours nor any of the posters here. But that's how I see it.
It's not the way our supposed resident counselor sees it, as women in the kitchen and blacks in the back of the bus. Not at all.
America means different things to different people...I will keep my definition short and just one point...

I see America as a country of diversity...

A place where that diversity is valued and respected...

A country that can do better...

Only if we stop dividing it in to little bitty pieces and everyone grabbing a little piece of it.

You described the America that I grew up in. The area is still very much the same. It hasn't changed really...they still go possum hunting on Saturday nights...sometimes frog gigging.

It is also an area that has seen no growth...economic wise, culturally nor diversely. Racism and bigotry still is openly displayed. Women...well they can vote but most men don't seem to think they should...unless they vote the same way they do. I could go on but honestly...I see no need.

...and I am out of characters.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#585461 Sep 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you didn't even bother to deny your lies
Maybe that is progress?
ed to learn Mexicans have been treating you poorly for being white. Are you sure its not just because u are a loser?
What happened to even he local government being solicitous to you and the whole community waning you to feel welcome?
Meh...just change your stories as your delusions require:)
And considering I don't have a doctor prescribing me daily addictive narcotics and I know better now and chances are I won't have to protect any friends from an attack, I should be good
What would you do if these Mexicans that discriminate against you for being white were confrontational or even touchy-feely with your wife? Would you cry and run away flailing your hands like a little girl?
~snicker
The song of the loser. Your life is your punishment.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#585462 Sep 5, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
See?

If the music hadn't died it's highly probable that movie and that scene would never had been made.

It's so clear.

And here is a new translation and illustration, which pretty much seals it.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#585463 Sep 5, 2013
@ Lucy...I saw your post earlier...just wanted to "wave" at ya.

Hope life is treating you good and that things are going well.
Lost In Transition

United States

#585464 Sep 5, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey...we were just talking about you this afternoon
How r u doing LIT?
Hey, Epi. Musta been why my ears were ringing. Whatever you said about me....I deny, and challenge you to produce that post.
I'm doing very well. Hope life is being gentle with you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585465 Sep 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*sigh*
You're being disingenuous again.
The phrase did appear on some US coinage as early as 1864.
It did not become mandatory on paper currency until 1957.
Yes, I know that. I just told you.

Never once did I say "US paper currency". All I said was "US money".

Coins are money.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#585466 Sep 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"I ain't no racist. Some of my friends are black."
I heard that crap all my life from racists. It's sickening.
You need to stop lying...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585467 Sep 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"I ain't no racist. Some of my friends are black."
I heard that crap all my life from racists. It's sickening.
No, no, no. You've got it wrong.

The phrase is:

"I'm not a racist, I own a colored TV."

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#585468 Sep 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
your responses are entirely invented hate
do you really think others are too stupid to see your juvenile mind?
1) I don't hate Ians. It would be insane to hate an anonymous poster online from a different country that has 0% impact on my life

2) It is not invented at all. He chose to become a Christian as an adult. So he can't blame indoctrination or prepubescent thinking.

3) He regularly tries to portray religion and Christianity as some foreign concept to his logical, atheist mind! He says things regularly about Christians knowing he never was taught or believed those things when he was a believer. He says things like "chicken on a stick" to give the impression it's such s crazy concept to him. Yet it would seem he came to the faith of his own free will ax an adult and left because he didn't want to give up any of his money. Not over some atheist epiphany

Although all that is nothing compared to his latest revelation and why he plays such a staunch atheist and anti-Christian advocate.

Fennario

#585469 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Provide evidence for that bigoted guess.
You're a faith based thinker. What use is evidence to you? You don't require it or respond to it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585470 Sep 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Give over, RR. Prayer is not banned in US schools.
I mean stop "mandatory" school prayer.

You know that, now you're being the disingenuous one.

Fennario

#585471 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I expect IANS to ignore this post of yours.
That is correct. Why wouldn't I?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#585472 Sep 5, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Praise Pangu!
Yes...

PRAISE PANGU! even though he is DEAD!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#585473 Sep 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't blame me for your mother and her brother not using a condom.
You are a funny guy. My mother is from a complete different country from my father. And My father a war hero with medals for bravery and a purple heart. He fought in three wars , WW2, Korea and Vietnam as a 1st, second and third division Marine. You can curse me all you want , but you will never be able to dishonor that man.
He went to Normandy when other Marines went to the Pacific, he was a OS operative in France , I could never live up to my fathers legacy.
My mother came to the US because of my father.
My fathers brother is a genius who designed the control room for the electric company. My mothers brother was a Samurai. Even if your take was true I would still be exemplary. Something I am and you...are not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Rosesz 647,004
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 26 min truth 49,504
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 29 min Buck Crick 445,757
Dirty snapchat with teen girls (May '14) 1 hr HOLLAND_123 12
guys what color panties are you wearing today??... 1 hr plamco 4
Why Australians should fear Muslims? (Feb '15) 2 hr Truthiness 29
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 2 hr Truthiness 25
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Buck Crick 971,806
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr karl44 105,685
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 12 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web