Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#585346 Sep 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget pig farmer.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#585347 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The list, yes. Here. http://www.inplainsite.org/what_happened_when...
2. Ok, pretend.
3. Here's a good one; THE RISE OF DIVORCE
The divorce revolution of the 1960s and '70s was over-determined. The nearly universal introduction of no-fault divorce helped to open the floodgates, especially because these laws facilitated unilateral divorce and lent moral legitimacy to the dissolution of marriages. The sexual revolution, too, fueled the marital tumult of the times: Spouses found it easier in the Swinging Seventies to find extramarital partners, and came to have higher, and often unrealistic, expectations of their marital relationships. Increases in women's employment as well as feminist consciousness-raising also did their part to drive up the divorce rate, as wives felt freer in the late '60s and '70s to leave marriages that were abusive or that they found unsatisfying.
http://www.nationalaffairs.com/publications/d...
3a. Then explain the correlation.
4. No, that's not what I wrote, so I can't comment on it. I never said that all three have something to do with it. I said that one did.
Wow, you just contradicted yourself. You claimed that the lack of school prayer led to all these disparate social ills, and now you're claiming very different factors.

Your above paragraph writes that divorce rates rose because of:

1. laws allowing no-fault divorce were created
2. feminism taught women they had equal rights to happiness
3. so they left abusive relationships

This directly goes against your earlier claims for two reasons.

1. You claimed all these social ills traced back to a lack of prayer in school
2. You claimed that morality in America was failing. To make that claim, you would now have to say that abusive families are "better" than divorced families

See how easy it is to pull apart ridiculous, politically driven and religious arguments?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#585348 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"In God We Trust" has been on US currency since 1864, almost 100 years before "Under God" was added to the pledge.
I rightfully ignored nonsense.
You are correct. It was the introduction of "In God We Trust" on U.S.'paper currency' in 1957 that caused the downfall of the USA.

Some stable somewhere

#585349 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
4. No, that's not what I wrote, so I can't comment on it. I never said that all three have something to do with it. I said that one did.
You offered three choices. You must think that each has something to do with the problem or you wouldn't have offered them. No one offers three totally unrelated answers. You would never put, on a test:

Why was Newton unable to predict Mercury's orbit?

1. ice cream
2. the demise of pirates
3. he was unaware of Einstein's equations

Putting the three answers you did means that you think women, blacks and atheists have some kind of contribution to the ails you're claiming America has developed and that you just think one group is more to blame.

Hence, sexist, racist, bigoted - all these are grossly oversimplified answers for a stupid, misleading question.

Some stable somewhere

#585350 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But they did comment on it, without being specific.
"changes in the composition of the test-takers"
That's the problem. Starting in 1963, kids were stopped from mandatory morning prayers at schools. By 1979, those kids were now adults and likely had kids of their own in school. Again, not praying.
I think that's the "changes in the composition of the test-takers".
If you honestly think that you're simple and you didn't read the article. They don't make that claim. Further, the abstract I posted states that it is presenting evidence against that claim.

Location hidden

#585351 Sep 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
There are times when we have to speak up...when something touches us...when the passions that lie waiting...OR...when some nut comes along and pisses you off!
I have become very hesitant on this site to express my thoughts...yet...how else do you expect to touch someone elses heart...if you are not willing to expose your own.
If RR even just takes a few minutes to consider someone elses walk in life...I don't know...maybe...who knows.
I don't really care about much that is posted here...I don't care if I evolved...or was created...or even found under a rock. I am here...one among many...it is the many that I care about...and those that are made to feel less than.
On a side note...RR...if you read this post to HL...
PISS OFF
Your thoughts are needed. Keep that in mind.

Some stable somewhere

#585352 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not an authority on morality. You sit back and watch one of your own flail and fall and do nothing about it. "It's not my job", you say. That's the failed moral system of the Humanist.
<quoted text>
Beeeeeeeecause of what I just said.
You didn't answer my question. How is it a moral failing to not police other adults?

Some stable somewhere

#585353 Sep 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. society at large is unaware that racism has gone commercial. My only question? Why ??..
Rated G
http://imgur.com/gallery/Wabyz
http://imgur.com/zUWR6
It's been thusly for a long time.

Some stable somewhere

#585354 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's so much the actual stopping of the prayers that was the culprit. I think it was the slow removal of God from people's minds.
It's been a gradual downhill slope that the American family structure has witnessed the past 50 years. That is undeniable.
1. Your entire point of view here is stupid and based on silly religious ideology.
2. And you link the above to blacks, women and atheists and then wonder why people think less of you.

Some stable somewhere

#585355 Sep 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that your god exists and caused that much damage to that many people for so many decades based on kids no longer being forced to mindlessly pay homage to it, what does that say about your god, and why do you still worship it?
The arrogance of RR's statement is astounding. But it is on your money.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585356 Sep 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't in on the whole "you abandoned your daughter, you scumbag deadbeat dad" thread ?
Must have been a different RiversideRedneck.
You really need some help, brother.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#585357 Sep 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
If RR even just takes a few minutes to consider someone elses walk in life...I don't know...maybe...who knows.
.. been there, done that, didn't work ..

Some stable somewhere

#585358 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It tells me that He's true to His word.
Really???

"If you don't have your kids pray to me, well then, why, I'll free the blacks! And let women have rights! And let some people not believe in me!

Grrrrrrrrr!"
Gary

United States

#585359 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It tells me that He's true to His word.
I promise to call you an idiot in a future post.

Some stable somewhere

#585360 Sep 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, you don't write enough :P
You are kind :)

Location hidden

#585361 Sep 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. It was the introduction of "In God We Trust" on U.S.'paper currency' in 1957 that caused the downfall of the USA.
I'm pretty the downfall of the USA happened because Alaska and Hawaii were both granted statehood in 1959.

The music died that year too. That undoubtedly added to the decline as well.

Think about it.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585362 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need some help, brother.
Help? To become a Christian liar ?

"Lie for Jesus!"

Brag on God!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585363 Sep 5, 2013
I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm....“God Bless America ”
and....
America the Beautiful
You must be eighty years old.
I hate to be the one to bring the News to you , but I must: America is now a piece of siht.
Don't you know that America now has some of the worst roads in the world. That is just for starters. Believe me , things are going to get much worse. The liberal Democrats will see to that.
Yes, America the great where illegals that cannot speak English can sit in a Jury. Feckin douches.
It used to be....

http://youtu.be/VMqcLUqYqrs

I'm a traditionalist, I ain't gonna let go of my America.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585364 Sep 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty the downfall of the USA happened because Alaska and Hawaii were both granted statehood in 1959.
The music died that year too. That undoubtedly added to the decline as well.
Think about it.
Maybe it was the creation of the Nation of Israel in 1949 ?

You know how them evil Christ Killers run the world.
Bongo

United States

#585365 Sep 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck (better said, the person behind the persona) is highly intelligent, he was always a worthy adversary in debate, he has an unmatched sense of humor, and deep down inside he is truly a good guy.
As I said earlier, I really miss ole Buck. There wasn't much about which we didn't disagree, but he was my good friend nonetheless.
Do you agree he really is Joe King?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Vbnmxc 25,015
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 685,511
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 22 min RACIST DETROIT COPS 2
Dog was hit by a car. Who is responsible for what? 24 min RACIST DETROIT COPS 6
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 985,591
Any horny girls with snapchat looking for fun (Oct '16) 1 hr Wolf_cuddler 12
What is the most forbidden sex you have had ? (Nov '16) 1 hr Wolf_cuddler 7
More from around the web