“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#585162 Sep 5, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
There are plenty of "Christians" in real life, that's the point.
Yeah, sadly.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#585163 Sep 5, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your opinion Le_le....Its not just RA....I asked alot of other older posters and they pretty much all same the same thing.....
.. does it really matter ??..

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#585164 Sep 5, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was confused when I read Bongo's post. I have often heard it said...it is not being a homosexual that is sinful...it is acting upon it that is the sin. Yet...when the man in the story followed that belief...he still was condemned.
I came to the conclusion..."not acting upon it" was just lip service...

Bongo wrote...

You use the word condemn so freely is that projection or are you prescient? He didn't follow that belief, he lamented and felt he lived an unfulfilled life. Lust is sin, his heart was unchanged. According to you if a man wants to commit a sin but doesn't act on it its ok? Only if you repent of it. He had worldly sorrow, a game loser. Using an unsuspecting wife and children is despicable. I guarantee he indulged in his sin betimes. Mormons are despicable a cult for sure.
Yes...I used the word condemned...

My usage of that word is because it is my belief that you condemn someone when you make that prediction that one will "burn in hell" if they break the rules of your faith. It is condemning someone when you think they are a "pervert" if they are not just like you. It is condemnation when you relegate someone to a second-class human being...a POS...because you read something in a book that tells you they are dog vomit...an abomination...perverted...etc. ..etc.

It has often been said..."it is the act" that is sinful...ask your brothers and sisters about that one.

You judged this man based on very little knowledge...you came to the conclusion that his family suffered because of his remaining silent...he stayed in the closet in other words...a place where many Christians believe that all gay people should stay. Again...ask your own brothers and sisters about that.

Did your Sunday school teacher teach you that Mormons were despicable? Did your preacher stand behind the pulpit and pound it in to your that Mormons are a cult...condemned to hell...judged to be unworthy?

I understand that...at one time people tried to teach me that Baptist weren't Christians either...they would surely burn in hell.

You...have judged and condemned him in your very words when you said...

"He had worldly sorrow, a game loser."

"Using an unsuspecting wife and children is despicable."

"I guarantee he indulged in his sin betimes."

You know none of this...you are guessing...assigning his life as to how you want it to be. You conjured up his life in your mind...so that is the way it must have been???

Here is another phrase you used..."his heart was unchanged". Maybe he prayed for a change...and God didn't answer.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#585165 Sep 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
“Atheist are routinely asked how people will know not to rape and murder without religion telling them not to do it, especially a religion that backs up the orders with threats of hell. Believers, listen to me carefully when I say this: When you use this argument, you terrify atheists. We hear you saying that the only thing standing between you and Ted Bundy is a flimsy belief in a supernatural being made up by pre-literate people trying to figure out where the rain came from. This is not very reassuring if you’re trying to argue from a position of moral superiority.”- Amanda Marcotte
Yeah because Amanda Marcotte has such great morals

She called anybody who defended the Duke Lacrosse players from what turned out to be false allegations " "rape-loving scum."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Marcotte

^ Last Call for "Rape-Crisis" Feminism?- Reason Magazine

She also published her first book called "It's a jungle out there" with racists pictures depicting a white woman being attacked by blacks in a jungle

http://hoydenabouttown.com/20080425.1646/raci...

That is quite an example you have used to show morality from someone who scoffs at the idea of questioning following personal morals over those given to us by Christ

She is an attention seeker who uses whatever controversial and exploitative means she can find to get press for herself

I am not surprised you quoted her on moral though

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585166 Sep 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I doubt it entirely. It's trash thinking of the worst kind. I'm not surprised you posted it, actually. Saddened, but not surprised. You are, you continue to admit, not an academic and so not discerning about the sources you trust for your information.
Anyways, I looked up just one of your claims - SAT scores. It's quite a lot more complex than your silly conclusions:
"The 50+ point decline in mean SAT-verbal scores between 1963 and 1979 is widely attributed to changes in the composition of the test-takers. Several inconsistencies in that explanation are identified. That explanation also ignores the pervasive decline In the difficulty of schoolbooks found by analyzing the texts of 800 elementary middle, and high school books published between 1919-1991. When this text simplification series is linked to the SAT verbal series, there is a general fit for the three major periods:
before, during, and after the decline. Long-term exposure to simpler texts may induce a cumulating deficit in the breadth and depth of domain-specific knowledge, lowering reading comprehension and verbal achievement. The two time series are so sufficiently linked that the cumulating knowledge deficit hypothesis may be a major explanation
for the changes in verbal achievement. Only an experiment can establish whether this is causal, so we describe a simple, low-cost experiment schools can use to test how schoolbook difficulty affects their students’ verbal achievement levels."
So...not only do the experts not bother to mention what your plagiarized Christian apologetic site claims,'cause it's so ridiculous it's contemptible, the people they're arguing against don't even mention it - your "hypothesis" is so silly, it's not even on the radar.
http://www.indiana.edu/~educy520/sec6342/week...
But they did comment on it, without being specific.

"changes in the composition of the test-takers"

That's the problem. Starting in 1963, kids were stopped from mandatory morning prayers at schools. By 1979, those kids were now adults and likely had kids of their own in school. Again, not praying.

I think that's the "changes in the composition of the test-takers".

Location hidden

#585167 Sep 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
1945, and used a Cray to sort out the details.
He came up with the vague and misleading "America's downfall is due to either:"
1 atheists
2 blacks
3 or women
<quoted text>
Even as a joke, that's repulsive.
So hire Catcher and sue me.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#585168 Sep 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
I am recommending you for reevaluation examination...on that statement alone.
Is that good? Neither Google nor I seems to know what that is.

Location hidden

#585169 Sep 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not you. You're being oppressed.
Actually, the racist and sexist trash you're writing contributes to societal inequalities, so yes, you are helping to oppress people by spreading that nonsense.
Oh.

I didn't know I was that important.

Goodie! I'll keep it up.

Location hidden

#585170 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not an authority on morality. You sit back and watch one of your own flail and fall and do nothing about it. "It's not my job", you say. That's the failed moral system of the Humanist.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
Beeeeeeeecause of what I just said.

Location hidden

#585171 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking about economics. I never brought up money or housing or jobs. I was talking about the slow decline of American family life over the past 50 or so years.
On June 25, l962, 39 million students were forbidden to do what they had been doing since the founding of our nation – publicly praying to God at the beginning of each school day.
In New York, the kids prayed:“Almighty God, we acknowledge our dependence on Thee and beg Thy blessing over us, our parents, our teachers and our nation.”
And what do you know? All four areas that the kids were praying for started a steep decline. Youth, family, education and national life.
Here's some interesting stats:
Youth.
1. After 1963 pregnancies in girls ages 15 through 19 increased 187% in the next 15 years.
2. For younger girls, ages 10 to 14 years, pregnancies since 1963 are up 553%.
3. Before 1963 sexually transmitted diseases among students were 400 per 100,000. Since 1963, they were up 226% in the next 12 years.
Family
1. Before 1963 divorce rates had been declining for 15 years. After 1963 divorces increased 300% each year for the next 15 years.
2. Since 1963 unmarried people living together is up 353%
3. Since 1963 single parent families are up 140%.
4. Since 1963 single parent families with children are up 160%.
Education
1. The educational standard of measure has been the SAT scores. SAT scores had been steady for many years before 1963. From 1963 they rapidly declined for 18 consecutive years, even though the same test has been used since 1941.
2. In 1974-75 the rate of decline of the SAT scores decreased, even though they continued to decline. That was when there was an explosion of private religious schools. There were only 1000 Christian schools in 1965. Between 1974 to 1984 they increased to 32,000.
a. That could have an impact if the private schools had higher SAT scores. In checking with the SAT Board it was found that indeed the SAT scores for private schools were nearly 100 points higher than public schools.
b. In fact the scores were at the point where the public schools had been before their decline started in 1963 when prayer and Bible reading/ instruction was removed from the schools.
c. The scores in the public schools were still declining.
3. Of the nation's top academic scholars, three times as many come from private religious schools, which operate on one-third the funds as do the public schools.
The Nation
1. Since 1963 violent crime has increased 544%.
3. Illegal drugs have become an enormous & uncontrollable problem.
2. The nation has been deprived of an estimated 30 million citizens through legal abortions just since 1973.
---
There is a correlation there, you cannot doubt that.
Crazy talk.

Don't become like the lady I met who just rocked back and forth all day mumbling Bible passages.

Location hidden

#585172 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
You're one voice in a chorus singing a one note tune. You people have pretty much isolated yourselves and lost the respect of everyone except one another, mutual respect based on nothing but a shared delusion and a shared predicament.
Hiding sees some good in Christianity. I don't. The church cranks out people like the ones in this thread. The rare Christians that are likeable have pretty much repudiated Christian values and adopted humanist values.
You have chosen to isolate yourselves from our world and demean it at the instruction of your church. You demean humanity as well, and scapegoat particular groups in it. Your values are an abomination, and your church a pox.
The evidence against your vile religion is overwhelming. And the contempt you receive - what you call hate in your one-note tune - is well earned.
The rare Christians that are likeable have pretty much repudiated Christian values and adopted humanist values.
Provide evidence for that bigoted guess.

Location hidden

#585173 Sep 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is condemnation when you relegate someone to a second-class human being...a POS...because you read something in a book that tells you they are dog vomit...an abomination...perverted...etc. ..etc.
Just a little background

But the 2Peter 2:22 verse that talks about a dog returning to his vomit is talking about a believer who returns to his/her sinful ways

They go back into the world so-to-speak, reject the lessons they have learned, and embrace sin again

They originally escaped the pollutions of the world (the sin that occurs daily all around us) when they asked forgiveness for their own sins and agreed to follow Christ and turn from a life of deliberate sin

Granted I have yet to see anyone who can go without sinning but that is really the jist of the verse. It isn't calling someone a dog or comparing them to vomit but rather metaphorically speaking is saying someone goes back to a bad thing, in this case, a life of deliberate sin

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#585174 Sep 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah because Amanda Marcotte has such great morals
She called anybody who defended the Duke Lacrosse players from what turned out to be false allegations " "rape-loving scum."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Marcotte
^ Last Call for "Rape-Crisis" Feminism?- Reason Magazine
She also published her first book called "It's a jungle out there" with racists pictures depicting a white woman being attacked by blacks in a jungle
http://hoydenabouttown.com/20080425.1646/raci...
That is quite an example you have used to show morality from someone who scoffs at the idea of questioning following personal morals over those given to us by Christ
She is an attention seeker who uses whatever controversial and exploitative means she can find to get press for herself
I am not surprised you quoted her on moral though
Excellent.

I expect IANS to ignore this post of yours.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#585175 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
**omitted for space**
On June 25, l962, 39 million students were forbidden to do what they had been doing since the founding of our nation – publicly praying to God at the beginning of each school day.
In New York, the kids prayed:“Almighty God, we acknowledge our dependence on Thee and beg Thy blessing over us, our parents, our teachers and our nation.”
And what do you know? All four areas that the kids were praying for started a steep decline. Youth, family, education and national life.
Here's some interesting stats:
Youth.
1. After 1963 pregnancies in girls ages 15 through 19 increased 187% in the next 15 years.
2. For younger girls, ages 10 to 14 years, pregnancies since 1963 are up 553%.
3. Before 1963 sexually transmitted diseases among students were 400 per 100,000. Since 1963, they were up 226% in the next 12 years.
Family
1. Before 1963 divorce rates had been declining for 15 years. After 1963 divorces increased 300% each year for the next 15 years.
2. Since 1963 unmarried people living together is up 353%
3. Since 1963 single parent families are up 140%.
4. Since 1963 single parent families with children are up 160%.
Education
1. The educational standard of measure has been the SAT scores. SAT scores had been steady for many years before 1963. From 1963 they rapidly declined for 18 consecutive years, even though the same test has been used since 1941.
2. In 1974-75 the rate of decline of the SAT scores decreased, even though they continued to decline. That was when there was an explosion of private religious schools. There were only 1000 Christian schools in 1965. Between 1974 to 1984 they increased to 32,000.
a. That could have an impact if the private schools had higher SAT scores. In checking with the SAT Board it was found that indeed the SAT scores for private schools were nearly 100 points higher than public schools.
b. In fact the scores were at the point where the public schools had been before their decline started in 1963 when prayer and Bible reading/ instruction was removed from the schools.
c. The scores in the public schools were still declining.
3. Of the nation's top academic scholars, three times as many come from private religious schools, which operate on one-third the funds as do the public schools.
The Nation
1. Since 1963 violent crime has increased 544%.
3. Illegal drugs have become an enormous & uncontrollable problem.
2. The nation has been deprived of an estimated 30 million citizens through legal abortions just since 1973.
---
There is a correlation there, you cannot doubt that.
If America declined because of lack of prayer in school...maybe that was and is an indication that parents weren't praying enough with their children at home.

Why should it be the responsibility of the educational system to pray with your child...should that not be done by parents?

Did you pray with your children before they left for school?

How many children do you think actually paid attention while that prayer was being said...how many were looking at the cute little boy/girl across they aisle while the teacher had her head bowed?

I went to school where prayer was said every morning...I remember not a one of those prayers...I do however remember the ones that my parents had with me...or at least the time that we spent together.

At night before we went to bed my father did Bible study with us...I remember the sound of his voice while he was reading...I can still remember us all getting down on our knees...the sound of his voice as he prayed...my mother holding my hand.

Maybe it was/is not the failure of an educational system...but the failure of parents to teach.

I know...I know...parents are too busy...let the school do it.

Funny...many want the school the be responsible for their child's morning prayer...maybe they could fit it in right after the sex education class.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#585176 Sep 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not you. You're being oppressed.
Actually, the racist and sexist trash you're writing contributes to societal inequalities, so yes, you are helping to oppress people by spreading that nonsense.
.. society at large is unaware that racism has gone commercial. My only question? Why ??..

Rated G

http://imgur.com/gallery/Wabyz

http://imgur.com/zUWR6

Fennario

#585177 Sep 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Sadly, I believe my exposure to religion in the last two years has made me a worse person.
I have become much more cynical about Christianity because of my Topix experience. I used to merely have no use for it personally, but was largely indifferent about its existence.

Now I see it as a pernicious presence in Western culture - especially America - that needs to be shrunken to a size that can be drowned in a bathtub. T

Fennario

#585178 Sep 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really just waiting to see if the Jesus! does a Michael Jackson moon walk on the clouds or something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bDOLZj1vjlsXX
I'd be okay if anyone would do it, really.
Did you see South Park with Michael Jackson as a little white girl? Shamone!
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#585179 Sep 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yes and remember the Horse breeders have to cull the undesirable many times.
As do dog breeders and any breeders of livestock that induce inbreeding to gain a trait. You can't do that with humans.
Are you blaming your mental retardation on your parents ?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#585180 Sep 5, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO....Faith comes from Belief.....It is like an Electrical plug that gives Power to the Believer.
Course we have "faith" in alot of things....I had faith that my roof will not cave in on me this morning. I had faith that my family is safe.....ETC....
So the words 'faith' and 'belief' are completely different to you ?

That explains my confusion. Thanks.

Let me change my question. Is it by 'belief' alone one is saved ?

Location hidden

#585181 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
I have become much more cynical about Christianity because of my Topix experience. I used to merely have no use for it personally, but was largely indifferent about its existence.
Now I see it as a pernicious presence in Western culture - especially America - that needs to be shrunken to a size that can be drowned in a bathtub. T
The final nail in your own discredited coffin...and by your own word as usual

All the talk about the 'church' and it being a social parasite and condemning the morality of Christians is nothing more than a sad old dude that came to the Internet seeking validation and when he didn't get it from Christians he lashed out.

How ignorant must someone be to think Topix gives you any insight into billions of other people in real life? Or for that matter thinks what he sees online gives him any clue how believers online practice their faith in real life? Of course when you come across as a confrontational bigot speaking out of ignorance and constantly changing your stories the reaction you get will not be too positive.

But thank you for admitting all your nonsense is simply based on Topix. You love the attention and praise you have gotten by feigning unfamiliarity over the concept of faith and by bashing it.

Much more cynical because of Topix and was largely indifferent to it before then. Wow. What a fraud. I bet if you got positive reinforcement online for bashing chickens you would make a constitution and lists outlining the evils of poultry!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 750,778
Ebola Vaccine 5 min andet1987 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min pusherman_ 548,725
The Lake of Fire 12 min yon 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Dr_Zorderz 261,686
BOSCH Tarabya SERVIS 299.15.34 Bosch TARABYA S... 20 min hangrup 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Adam 230,021
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 hr top 1,071

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE