Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#585275 Sep 5, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
How enduring is God's love for us.
The Lord hath appeared of old unto me saying Yes I have loved thee with everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee.
Jeremiah 31:3
as enduring as he is real

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#585276 Sep 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to check with Trifecta on that one...he claims it is growing like hot cakes...that Christianity doesn't need us little heathens.
Christians contradict each other often.

Truth is not contradictory.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585277 Sep 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for reminding us about Rosh Hashanah... As far as the calendars, I did a study on the calendars earlier this year and it was pretty interesting that no matter how much the Romans or the Egyptians contributed to Calendar events... they swore up and down that they weren't attempting to follow a Jewish, 7-day calendar... interesting how the Roman empire went from 6-day week calendar models to an 8 day one... back and forth changes. Eventually settled back on 7 days. Not to mention that Jesus was born in the B.C. era.
The Jews would only use the Roman calendar for business purposes with the outside only. It's been a while so I would have to look at my notes to get back up to par with it. Headed out after next post... I'm kind of tired myself but making myself go to the gym... Take care.
Good post.
Thanks

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585278 Sep 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some that would say that you don't act on it RR...that you just believe so that you can get to heaven.
Some would say that you are a "Sunday Christian" because of the language that you use here on Topix.
Some might think that you are a "Sunday Christian" because of your drinking until you have a hang over.
Or did you mean...there are some that are not a Christian just like you so they must be "Sunday Christians"?
There was only one "Real Christian" and he was a Jew.
Legend has it he was executed by the Romans as a traitor to the Empire. Some say he survived the execution.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#585279 Sep 5, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever think...
Sorry, I trailed off there.
Did you ever think?
LOL I shall take that "Did you ever think" under advisement.

LOL So you trailed off there. LOL if you say so. No problem.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585280 Sep 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE a worthy person
you have fallen victim to a pernicious vile belief system, and need help.
Whispers is harmless and apparently happy. Can't see using her as an example when there are so many ugly fish to fry.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585281 Sep 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
My son's father died when he was 5...some months later I found him in tears. When I asked what was wrong...he said...
"I don't have a family anymore."
My heart broke...not because he was being raised by a single mom...but society had taught him the wrong concept of family.
Family is about more than just a mom and a dad...it is about people who love you...care for you...stand beside you through all that life has to offer. It is about friends who will listen...laugh with you...cry with you. It is about those people that you can depend on.
My son now knows what family is all about...those people that love you and that you love in return.
I didn't choose for my husband to die RR...I had no plans of raising my son in a single parent home...speaking from experience...that is a tough job. However...simply because I did lose my husband...didn't make my family any less worthy than yours...
This is why I didn't want to discuss it with you...you denigrate the hard work...the sacrifices that I made...to give my son a family. BTW...not just me...every single parent (male or female) that has done double duty in life to provide for their children.
Go screw yourself RR.
I respect your situation and I'm sorry for your loss. But if you've read any of my posts about single parents you'd notice that I always talk about "baby mamas" and "dead beat sperm donors".

I know trajedy can strike anybody at any time, that's not who I'm talking about.

You said it yourself, that you didn't plan for your husband to die. I take that as you planned on having a "normal" family; wife, husband, kid(s). Am I incorrect in that assumption?

I myself am a broken home. I left my wife 10 years ago because she wasn't a good person. She broke our wedding vows one too many times and I just couldn't take her abuse anymore. I did it, Annie. I broke a home. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do was watch my 5 year old son in my rear view mirror screaming, begging dad to come back. I'm getting teary eyed thinking about it now. I hate that choice I made, but in the long run it has paid off tenfold. I have full custody of my kids, they only lived with their egg-donor for a few years while I got myself established again. They now are star students at school, both with higher than 3.5 GPA's, great attitudes, obedient, smart, funny, you name a good quality, they got it.

I do not and have not denegrated anybody's hard work, if you took it that way then I'm sorry to have mislead you.

I denegrate the people that don't work, that don't care for their kids and that don't take responsibility for their own actions.

I understand your anger on this topic, if you want to ignore it or drop it, it's your call. You're the boss.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#585282 Sep 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a Christian whether he admits it or not.
He had been defending Christianity and bashing non-Christians for at least two years.
"Lie for Christ!"
Brag on God!
You are right though I have defended them for quite some time now. I find them much more morally sound, friendly and probably most importantly adult like. I just get sick of the childishness of atheists and agnostics.

Now let me just say that nothing is ever 100% there are good and bad in both arenas. I dont bash good atheists and I bash bad christians.

Not that you'd give a shit about the truth of the matter but.........

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585283 Sep 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not it.
Redneck would like to go back to the pre-1960s: Blacks to the back of the bus, homosexuality considered a disease or a perversion, and women barefoot and pregnant.
White Pride is his mantra.
OK

I mistook him for a Christian. LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585284 Sep 5, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You hate the law, that all changed when Jesus came, no longer need to kill the body, just die to self and receive grace. But this is to hard for an eisegetical to grasp. Judging your demeanor I think you would have done much worse if you were God.
I see you are channeling Trifecta now.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#585285 Sep 5, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosin up your bow LW.......
;o)
Hello Champagne man, the feet keep dancing, the hands keep working and the mind keeps wondering. lol Rider the wonder of it all what a race we all run in life. Hey keep the cherries just do not keep the pits. Have a grand day.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#585286 Sep 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...I used the word condemned...
My usage of that word is because it is my belief that you condemn someone when you make that prediction that one will "burn in hell" if they break the rules of your faith. It is condemning someone when you think they are a "pervert" if they are not just like you. It is condemnation when you relegate someone to a second-class human being...a POS...because you read something in a book that tells you they are dog vomit...an abomination...perverted...etc. ..etc.
It has often been said..."it is the act" that is sinful...ask your brothers and sisters about that one.
You judged this man based on very little knowledge...you came to the conclusion that his family suffered because of his remaining silent...he stayed in the closet in other words...a place where many Christians believe that all gay people should stay. Again...ask your own brothers and sisters about that.
Did your Sunday school teacher teach you that Mormons were despicable? Did your preacher stand behind the pulpit and pound it in to your that Mormons are a cult...condemned to hell...judged to be unworthy?
I understand that...at one time people tried to teach me that Baptist weren't Christians either...they would surely burn in hell.
You...have judged and condemned him in your very words when you said...
"He had worldly sorrow, a game loser."
"Using an unsuspecting wife and children is despicable."
"I guarantee he indulged in his sin betimes."
You know none of this...you are guessing...assigning his life as to how you want it to be. You conjured up his life in your mind...so that is the way it must have been???
Here is another phrase you used..."his heart was unchanged". Maybe he prayed for a change...and God didn't answer.
This post is ridiculous. So God had to keep him from gayness? It was Gods fault? Mormon is a cult and they added to the bible, a strict no no. The preponderance of the evidence is not conjuring rather it led me to my conclusion. I cant condemn or judge, I observed and commented, his conscience did that to himself. God will judge and Gods law made him feel bad because he wanted life insurance yet he wanted manlove, a transgression, like it or not. He used a woman and family for a cover while he lusted away not quiting the religion as many here have done to escape the guilt and shame. You don't seem to concerned about the housewives who contracted hiv etc and died. Do you? You just want to do the condemning of those who chime in to agree with the word of God. You think religion is bad because you cant have it your way, like burgerking. You want the best of both worlds, it don't work that way. Oh and youre gullible enough to think that this guy never indulged in his lusts, you really are a sucker.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585287 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
I see I have no say in the matter.........
You already have, Christian.

You just hate when others have a say.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#585288 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
No,,,,,,I have a feeling its you whose the dullard.......Your the guy who spends his retirement on the WSJLM thread. And it seems when your not here, your researching, for being here.
Your here to mock and ridicule and spread your hatred for christians. My only reason for being here is to joke around and have fun. Maybe you missed my post but I said I dont know much about the bible other then its main messages. Now maybe I would add something if I didnt have to defend everything I say to you and others, childish and continous rants of liar, asshole, moron etc. etc.. If i didnt have to defend my positions to made up definitions you come up with to try and categorize me as less then you. But as it stands I got better things to do then to call names all day long everyday defend my positions to your twisting, additions and subtractions of my words. No, I just as soon limit my participation in your childish nonsense if you dont mind........
<quoted text>
My only reason for being here is to joke around and have fun.
Me too !!

For the most part, but I've found that if I read between the insults, I actually learn some interesting stuff.

:-)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585289 Sep 5, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
There are some that would say that you don't act on it RR...that you just believe so that you can get to heaven.
Of course. There will always be opposition.
Some would say that you are a "Sunday Christian" because of the language that you use here on Topix.
As in?
Some might think that you are a "Sunday Christian" because of your drinking until you have a hang over.
Of course they'd say that. People will always find an excuse to denigrate.
Or did you mean...there are some that are not a Christian just like you so they must be "Sunday Christians"?
No. I mean the people that are not loyal to their beliefs, their traditions and their family. People that "party harty" all the time, get stoned of their ass or shit-faced drunk, then go clubbing, meet a stranger at the club and have sex with them, cheat on their taxes, lie to their boss, steal from a 7-11 then go to church on Sunday and "praise GAWD" with the rest of the fakes.

That's one of the main reasons why I don't go to church anymore. Because of the fakes, the "Sunday Christians" that don't live a Christian life AT ALL except on Sunday morning.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585290 Sep 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
No, that's not it.
Redneck would like to go back to the pre-1960s: Blacks to the back of the bus, homosexuality considered a disease or a perversion, and women barefoot and pregnant.
White Pride is his mantra.
Well....

You're right on the barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen one.

Where else should a woman be?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585291 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I tire of your lies.....
Yet you are the proven and confessed liar.

Hmmmmmmmm

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#585292 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The prayer was mandatory. It was mandatory for 200 years, and America thrived. We were the greatest nation in the world.
Then the mandatory prayer was stopped and what happened? America started going downhill.
schools should not be in the business of endorsing any religious delusion.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585293 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
....I bash bad christians....
Like kissing John Coffey's ass just to bash me ?

Your own posts prove exactly what you are. I brought some posts forward so everyone can know it.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#585294 Sep 5, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. does it really matter ??..
Hi HL....I think it does....Just trying to find the truth....If 5 or 6 people who were here thought the same thing..There is a reason for it.

No one will go back two years to find it...But we can say what we all thought...

In the Great Scheme of things....None of the bickering going on here matters....Does it?

PEACE~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 14 min Rosa_Winkel 20
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 15 min PELE78 63,418
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min Rosa_Winkel 106,478
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 19 min WasteWater 2,568
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Gabriel 973,680
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 43 min Classic 3,797
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min marge 653,686
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 281,841
More from around the web