Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#585054 Sep 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Due to budget cuts, the Four Horsemen -- previously War, Famine, Pestilence and Death -- are now Sniffles, Hunger Pangs, Flatulence and Ennui.- Anon.
Not for much of the world, sadly.

There should have been another Horseman, "Natural Disasters".
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#585055 Sep 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that you are posting empty threats to an individual(s) that thinks your deity and your belief (and your threats) are about as useful as tits on a boar, don't you? The only one receiving any benefit from the whole exchange is you, and even that is doubtful, as you are spewing your own hatred in a public(worldwide) setting.
You should think before you type.
HFN wrote:
Threats??? Yeal right. I figure what I think means about as much to him as what he says means to me. He is one of the most hate filled people toward Christians I’ve read on topix. And you conventently omit that.
----------
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'know...I bet Jim Jones said the very same thing.
HFN wrote:
How rediculess. But if it floats your boat…
----------
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? RA has posted nothing but hate.
When the bigot came back here, I even posted to his good fortune, and the bastard never had a decent word to ever say toward my person.
"Why"? probably because I am not a crister...that's why.
I am forced to assume the same behavior to be expected of you from your posts.
YOU have never posted anything but dissent toward me either.
I can only assume you are both nothing but radical fundamentalist bigots from your own behavior(s).
I have not really addressed "your" posts, because I don't feel you are worth the effort.
All you have ever shown to me is hit and miss(drive by shooting)rhetoric of defamation.
Congratulations "crister"!
And you think you are going to be included in the rapture...or are going to your heaven?
Not on your own behavior you aren't.
You are a hypocrite.
You will be the biggest joke of all time at St. Peter's pearly gate.
Now you know....what are you going to do about it?
Probably nothing.....
HFN wrote:
I haven’t posted much to you at all but what ever. What do you mean what am I going to do about it? I don’t have to do anything about your opinion. I don’t care about your opinion. At least not anymore I don’t.

Oh and you are free to assume whatever you want to. Your assuming has little to do with me anyway.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#585056 Sep 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
Stewbeef has returned.
And you guys are still waiting on Jesus.
I'm really just waiting to see if the Jesus! does a Michael Jackson moon walk on the clouds or something.

I'd be okay if anyone would do it, really.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#585057 Sep 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? RA has posted nothing but hate.
When the bigot came back here, I even posted to his good fortune, and the bastard never had a decent word to ever say toward my person.
"Why"? probably because I am not a crister...that's why.
I am forced to assume the same behavior to be expected of you from your posts.
YOU have never posted anything but dissent toward me either.
I can only assume you are both nothing but radical fundamentalist bigots from your own behavior(s).
I have not really addressed "your" posts, because I don't feel you are worth the effort.
All you have ever shown to me is hit and miss(drive by shooting)rhetoric of defamation.
Congratulations "crister"!
And you think you are going to be included in the rapture...or are going to your heaven?
Not on your own behavior you aren't.
You are a hypocrite.
You will be the biggest joke of all time at St. Peter's pearly gate.
Now you know....what are you going to do about it?
Probably nothing.....
You don't get it. They believe they can be as evil as Satan his self as long as they "believes in Jesus". Jesus is the magic ticket to Heaven with it's golden crowns and nonbelievers being tortured in HiDef on the Bigscreen.
Gary

United States

#585058 Sep 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>LOL....
It cracks me up thinking that people believe we all originated from zilch or some such thing similar to nothing so at least we get some enjoyment from reading each others postings.... Laughter is good for the Soul :)
I certainly don't believe "we" all originated from zilch or nothing. You're laughing at your own ignorance. Meanwhile, you believe in your own personal version of one particular myth, created by people who are apparently your intellectual equal.

Real funny.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#585059 Sep 4, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Gday Serah.
You know I would have believed you on that one - once, a long time ago now.
Gday Rosa ~ not sure what to say here except sorry you lost your feelings as such.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#585060 Sep 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So the people whom you mention - let's say the Christians who give up Christianity to become Buddhist. Do they completely give up all their "ways of understanding" that they learned through developing in a Christian culture?
I can tell you from personal experience living in your country and Canada, and by playing host to numerous academics from all over the world, that Westerners who are Buddhist do not do Buddhism like Japanese Buddhists. And Japanese Christians do not do Christianity like English-speaking, Western raised Christians.
I once took an academic from Hobart and Smith college to a famous temple here - he sat down in a lotus, hands out and up, and meditated!!! I thought he was insane. That's not what Buddhists do here.
So, forgive me, but I don't think you're understanding what I'm claiming. The "undercurrents" of cultural programming aren't erased because someone drops their religion and grabs a new one. If you're raised in American Christian culture, some of that programming affects you for life.
It's like language. Do you speak a second one? In your second one, it's extraordinarily difficult to think and speak like a native - unless you grow up bilingually. In that case, you're never going to speak like someone who actually went through an education program in their native tongue. Since I was largely educated in English, my Japanese doesn't sound like someone who's done their MA and PhD in Japan.
No matter where you come from, you carry that with you.
I think I see what you are saying here. When I didn’t believe I still thought some things were wrong that Atheist here don’t think are wrong. Is that more or less what you are saying?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#585061 Sep 5, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I see what you are saying here. When I didn’t believe I still thought some things were wrong that Atheist here don’t think are wrong. Is that more or less what you are saying?
Your beliefs are a response to cultural conditioning.

When <beliefs> are assimilated early in life, they form part of your reality concept for the remainder of your life (for the vast majority of people).

In the post you reference, she was not judging your specific belief set or evaluating it. Her statement covers all "conditioning".

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#585062 Sep 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really just waiting to see if the Jesus! does a Michael Jackson moon walk on the clouds or something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bDOLZj1vjlsXX
I'd be okay if anyone would do it, really.
He comes riding in <the clouds> on a white horse, to reward his faith-full and most importantly, to punish those 90% who denigrated his "children". The horse, has an erection.
EXPERT

Cottonwood, CA

#585063 Sep 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
He comes riding in <the clouds> on a white horse, to reward his faith-full and most importantly, to punish those 90% who denigrated his "children". The horse, has an erection.
The class clown I see...

Ok, we notice you are here...better now?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#585064 Sep 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
My original post regarding incest. My opinion still stands.
The "creation museum" preaches that God was ok with incest at the beginning.

The problem with incest in humans is manifold:

1. as a species, we don't have a lot of genetic variety and incest increases the likelihood of the phynotypic expression of recessive genes

2. It doesn't do a lot for family alliances

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#585065 Sep 5, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
I’m not interested in your opinions either. That’s why for the most part I don’t read your post and few of the gang’s posts. I’m just not interested.
karl44 wrote:
are you a christian
and
how do "I" tell?
Her post is typical.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#585066 Sep 5, 2013
THe SOn of GOd CHristian SOng MInistry

John The Baptist: "The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said,'Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! This is He on behalf of whom I said,'After me comes a Man who has a higher rank than I, FOR HE EXISTED BEFORE ME.' "

John 1

Fennario

#585067 Sep 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
St. Peters express boat to the after the pockyclypse dance party.
I guess that everybody's date will be smokin´ hot.

It's a costume party. We're going as Hot Lips and Major Burns.

Fennario

#585068 Sep 5, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So which is the answer to his question??
"That is correct." OR "I've been discriminated against for being white here in Mexico"
Both. I've never been to a Popeye's Chicken, and I've been discriminated against for being white here in Mexico.
EXPERT

Cottonwood, CA

#585069 Sep 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The "creation museum" preaches that God was ok with incest at the beginning.
The problem with incest in humans is manifold:
1. as a species, we don't have a lot of genetic variety and incest increases the likelihood of the phynotypic expression of recessive genes
2. It doesn't do a lot for family alliances
That is contrary to evolution you know?

Fennario

#585070 Sep 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are no doubt familiar with these:
ARAPROSDOKIANS are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase
is surprising or unexpected; frequently humorous.(Winston Churchill loved them)
1. Where there's a will, I want to be in it.
2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on my list.
3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
5. We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
6. War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
8. They begin the evening news with 'Good Evening,' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
9. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
10. Buses stop in bus stations. Trains stop in train stations. On my desk is a work station .
11. I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks.
12. In filling out an application, where it says,'In case of emergency, notify:' I put 'DOCTOR."
13. I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
14. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
15. Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
16. A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.
17. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
18. Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
19. There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
20. I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.
21. You're never too old to learn something stupid.
22. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
23. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
24. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
25. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
26. Where there's a will, there are relatives.
Finally:
27. I'm supposed to respect my elders, but its getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
Good word! You seem to love this stuff as much as I do.

Somehow, the initial "p" from paraprosdokian was truncated.

Do you know apheresis: "the loss of one or more sounds from the beginning of a word"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apheresis_%28lin...

cf. apocope - "the loss of one or more sounds from the end of a word" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocope (voodoo chile) and syncope - "the loss of one or more sounds from the interior of a word" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syncope_%28phone... (Oh no you di'nt!)

A good example of aphereresis is heard in Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Cold Shot"

I really meant I was sorry
For ever causing you pain
You showed your appreciation
By walking out anyway

He pronounces "appreciation" "you showed your preciation"
[at 2:38 if you're interested]

Fennario

#585071 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You and Ben share the same philosophy and you never criticize his behavior.
Why do you keep returning to this?

None of is has any duty to correct another. This is a Christian thing - being a quidnunc and thinking that people ought to impose their values on one another. I have no expectation that Ben, Karl, or anybody else won't insult you, and no interest in stopping them if they want to. You seem to consider not butting in a moral failing. It's not.

When we point the finger at Christians, it is for the hypocrisy of violating the scriptures that they wag at others.

I've said it before: Christians confuse politeness with moral behavior. They seem to equate goodness with wishing one another a blessed day, or never using an obscenity. Exhibiting good manners is not goodness. Most frauds use good manners, and many good people doing good things don't.

Fennario

#585072 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
White people aren't oppressing anyone.
What the hell are you talking about?!
Your ignorance is offensive. Speaking of moral behavior, you have a duty to be more aware than that. You can only be this ignorant from indifference.

Fennario

#585073 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well IANS, I guess your message is getting out....
LMAO
"Internet Bible reading surges"
http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/internet-bibl...
Who do you think it is that's reading Internet bibles? Christians? I search an Internet bible - http://www.biblegateway.com/ - several times a week.

And why do you suppose I do it?

Now pick up your ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 863,658
Religion 4 min Tony17 1
The Christian Atheist debate 15 min Justise_League 1,894
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Tony17 599,311
I wish I could send tens of millions of black m... 46 min Tony17 11
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min AussieBobby 272,397
the most 'DAMNING' part of O.J. Simpson's 'suic... 51 min Tony17 17
More from around the web