Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#585121 Sep 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Second day of school and all is well. Doubled my class size this year.
Thanks for the links. Been reading back. I think I was a better person before I came to Topix.
Think I need to stop being dragged into the gutter so easily.
Yeah, the 'gutter' is no place for a professor <smiles>

Sure , read back(and, anyone can btw) you were mild in your beginnings here, well, except to a few. And some you were at odds with, later became friends.

On current events, haven't caught up on the whole "back story"...plots and sub-plots (nor do I deeply care to, right now) but if anyone wants to know what another said it's all "public record" here, search engines and a little detective work go far.

Your beginnings here start on pg.15468 (registered ,that is - was posting unregistered as "God" starting around 15405), a good frame would be there to around 15565 ,which really only spans little more than a week.

My best to All, have a great day...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585122 Sep 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Making that claim is not enough. You need to demonstrate it. You need to post your full comment, and beside it, my truncated version, and explain how my editing changed your meaning in some significant way.
HA HA HA!!!

"PROVE IT!"

I'm comfortable knowing I'm honest about it.

You're obviously comfortable being dishonest about it.

You know you cut my post in half.

My conscious is clear.
You are implying expertise when you make judgments like the ones you made about me when you accused me of intellectual dishonesty. I am merely pointing out that you are not qualified to do so. What would you know about intellectual anything?
I know what intellectual dishonesty is and I know that you are guilty of it.

You know it, too.

It does not take "expertise" to know that or to make the call.
If you see me hammering a nail badly, then you will be qualified to judge me, and I will likely respect your opinion.
But not in this domain.
LOL

Oh the hubris.

That's not an argument towards you, just pointing out a personality flaw with you...

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#585123 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
You're another one with no apparent expertise in anything. You have never showed us the least ability to learn or think, you offer us no information in any area, and you have shown no ability to be analytical or insightful. So what could you know about why a person like me would walk the path I chose, and whether it was wise or foolish?
You're a small man living a small life. Your worldview appears to be through a pinhole. What makes you think that you are qualified to make such judgements?
I've stated a number of times I have read the bible, didnt understand much of it, and am certainly no expert on it. I'm here to have fun and joke around and learn somethings along the way. I have actually learned quite a bit on topix. But since you and your merry little band of haters have come the meaningful discussions have all but stopped.

The thing that makes me qualified to make such judgements, oh wonderful wise man, is my life experience and your own words.

Lets look at it fool. You were raised an atheist, you got a masters in the medical sciences yet despite all that you as an adult decided to believe in a book of fairy tales written by bronze age goatherders..........

Now thats frickin funny..........

#585124 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you hate God? Because something didn't go your way in church?
Who said I hated God?

There you go making things up again. Some people would call that lying..........

If you want to know why I left christianity all you have to do is ask.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#585125 Sep 5, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I see what you are saying here. When I didn’t believe I still thought some things were wrong that Atheist here don’t think are wrong. Is that more or less what you are saying?
I apologize. I really don't think the above captures what I've been attempting to get across.

Some stable somewhere

#585126 Sep 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your beliefs are a response to cultural conditioning.
When <beliefs> are assimilated early in life, they form part of your reality concept for the remainder of your life (for the vast majority of people).
In the post you reference, she was not judging your specific belief set or evaluating it. Her statement covers all "conditioning".
Thanks Karl. That's basically it in brief.

#585127 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Now that's funny.
Your not nearly as interesting and as insightful as you think IANS.

If I want to here the latest Bill Maher spiel I'll go to you tube.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585128 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh yeah.
The news that I removed bibles from my exam rooms spread through the clinic like wildfire, thanks to my assigned nurse Brenda. I was cast as Satan my first day working there, and was discriminated against thereafter. For example, I was assigned most of the uninsured and underinsured patients, as well as any problem patient that others didn't want to see.
But it all worked out well in the end. As a result of that kind of treatment, I took advantage of a loophole in the noncompete clause, branched off on my own in the same town, and spent the last ten of my eleven years in Missouri in a solo private practice which did well enough to allow us to retire early - something that could not have happened in the clinic.
a solo private practice which did well enough to allow us to retire early
Nice. Good for you.

How much are those Mexican mud huts going for these days,$11?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585129 Sep 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
what is the proper mechanical fastener?
and why?
That depends.

What is the wall condition?

Some stable somewhere

#585130 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh yeah.
The news that I removed bibles from my exam rooms spread through the clinic like wildfire, thanks to my assigned nurse Brenda. I was cast as Satan my first day working there, and was discriminated against thereafter. For example, I was assigned most of the uninsured and underinsured patients, as well as any problem patient that others didn't want to see.
But it all worked out well in the end. As a result of that kind of treatment, I took advantage of a loophole in the noncompete clause, branched off on my own in the same town, and spent the last ten of my eleven years in Missouri in a solo private practice which did well enough to allow us to retire early - something that could not have happened in the clinic.
Well done!

Did a lawyer advise you on that, or did you yourself understand the contract well enough?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#585131 Sep 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the bigot go!
How it thinks that I care what it thinks is rather puzzling.
I don't expect you to care what I think of you Homosexual Man, surely you know what you think of me does not matter either. As long as you >>read<< what I think of you LOL. And you have done that...everytime. On topix, Nothing else matters.

#585132 Sep 5, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you dating him?
Why wouldn't you be able to talk to these people?
No I dont swing that way.

If you heard his wisdom i think you would be impressed also. He was definitely what you would call an old soul..........

I had nothing against the people or God as Ians tried to insinuate. Just the religion in general. I realized, in a rather quick period of time, what i was fighting for a good part of my adult life, and the walls came tumbling down and that was that it was all a sham.........I probably was just as pissed at myself then anyone else for falling for it. It was all so clear all of a sudden.

And just to be clear. I did have anger at some christians, but they were topix christians. I lashed out for awhile on topix, but soon realized alot of these folks were good people, just believed differently then me.....

Some stable somewhere

#585133 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I wasn't talking about economics. I never brought up money or housing or jobs. I was talking about the slow decline of American family life over the past 50 or so years.
On June 25, l962, 39 million students were forbidden to do what they had been doing since the founding of our nation – publicly praying to God at the beginning of each school day.
In New York, the kids prayed:“Almighty God, we acknowledge our dependence on Thee and beg Thy blessing over us, our parents, our teachers and our nation.”
And what do you know? All four areas that the kids were praying for started a steep decline. Youth, family, education and national life.
Here's some interesting stats:
Youth.
1. After 1963 pregnancies in girls ages 15 through 19 increased 187% in the next 15 years.
2. For younger girls, ages 10 to 14 years, pregnancies since 1963 are up 553%.
3. Before 1963 sexually transmitted diseases among students were 400 per 100,000. Since 1963, they were up 226% in the next 12 years.
Family
1. Before 1963 divorce rates had been declining for 15 years. After 1963 divorces increased 300% each year for the next 15 years.
2. Since 1963 unmarried people living together is up 353%
3. Since 1963 single parent families are up 140%.
4. Since 1963 single parent families with children are up 160%.
Education
1. The educational standard of measure has been the SAT scores. SAT scores had been steady for many years before 1963. From 1963 they rapidly declined for 18 consecutive years, even though the same test has been used since 1941.
2. In 1974-75 the rate of decline of the SAT scores decreased, even though they continued to decline. That was when there was an explosion of private religious schools. There were only 1000 Christian schools in 1965. Between 1974 to 1984 they increased to 32,000.
a. That could have an impact if the private schools had higher SAT scores. In checking with the SAT Board it was found that indeed the SAT scores for private schools were nearly 100 points higher than public schools.
b. In fact the scores were at the point where the public schools had been before their decline started in 1963 when prayer and Bible reading/ instruction was removed from the schools.
c. The scores in the public schools were still declining.
3. Of the nation's top academic scholars, three times as many come from private religious schools, which operate on one-third the funds as do the public schools.
The Nation
1. Since 1963 violent crime has increased 544%.
3. Illegal drugs have become an enormous & uncontrollable problem.
2. The nation has been deprived of an estimated 30 million citizens through legal abortions just since 1973.
---
There is a correlation there, you cannot doubt that.
1. You plagiarized that.
2. The original author doesn't list his sources, so why shouldn't I assume all the above figures are made up?

Let's pretend it's all true:

3. It's an enormous leap to tie the lack of prayers in school to every subsequent outcome you mention above.
3a. Where's your evidence demonstrating each of those is linked to the lack of school prayer?

Because some preacher tells you isn't good enough.

4. You specifically wrote that it was the fault of one of:

1. black rights
2. women's rights
3. atheism

Please discuss how each of the three - black rights, women's rights and atheism - could possibly have contributed to the myriad social factors you mention.

I'm pretty sure you aren't up to the task. Sorry. I expect to be disappointed. I can't see you daring to defend what you've written above. You'll just write something like "I believe it so" w/out bothering to think through what you are actually claiming. You are certainly not going to provide any detailed evidence to bolster your claims, and you're not going to talk about why you choose black rights, women's rights and atheism as the only possible answers to the myriad conditions you mention above.

#585134 Sep 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't.
You can't.
I didn't.
I won't wait for you to accomplish the impossible, liar.
I see you have brought one of the posts forward. But it proves I was telling the truth. In fact you admitted it. I'm not sure what this little game is your playing.

Some stable somewhere

#585135 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I wasn't talking about economics. I never brought up money or housing or jobs. I was talking about the slow decline of American family life over the past 50 or so years.
On June 25, l962, 39 million students were forbidden to do what they had been doing since the founding of our nation – publicly praying to God at the beginning of each school day.
In New York, the kids prayed:“Almighty God, we acknowledge our dependence on Thee and beg Thy blessing over us, our parents, our teachers and our nation.”
...cut...
1. The educational standard of measure has been the SAT scores. SAT scores had been steady for many years before 1963. From 1963 they rapidly declined for 18 consecutive years, even though the same test has been used since 1941.
2. In 1974-75 the rate of decline of the SAT scores decreased, even though they continued to decline. That was when there was an explosion of private religious schools. There were only 1000 Christian schools in 1965. Between 1974 to 1984 they increased to 32,000.
a. That could have an impact if the private schools had higher SAT scores. In checking with the SAT Board it was found that indeed the SAT scores for private schools were nearly 100 points higher than public schools.
b. In fact the scores were at the point where the public schools had been before their decline started in 1963 when prayer and Bible reading/ instruction was removed from the schools.
c. The scores in the public schools were still declining.
3. Of the nation's top academic scholars, three times as many come from private religious schools, which operate on one-third the funds as do the public schools.
The Nation
1. Since 1963 violent crime has increased 544%.
3. Illegal drugs have become an enormous & uncontrollable problem.
2. The nation has been deprived of an estimated 30 million citizens through legal abortions just since 1973.
---
There is a correlation there, you cannot doubt that.
1. I doubt it entirely. It's trash thinking of the worst kind. I'm not surprised you posted it, actually. Saddened, but not surprised. You are, you continue to admit, not an academic and so not discerning about the sources you trust for your information.

Anyways, I looked up just one of your claims - SAT scores. It's quite a lot more complex than your silly conclusions:

"The 50+ point decline in mean SAT-verbal scores between 1963 and 1979 is widely attributed to changes in the composition of the test-takers. Several inconsistencies in that explanation are identified. That explanation also ignores the pervasive decline In the difficulty of schoolbooks found by analyzing the texts of 800 elementary middle, and high school books published between 1919-1991. When this text simplification series is linked to the SAT verbal series, there is a general fit for the three major periods:
before, during, and after the decline. Long-term exposure to simpler texts may induce a cumulating deficit in the breadth and depth of domain-specific knowledge, lowering reading comprehension and verbal achievement. The two time series are so sufficiently linked that the cumulating knowledge deficit hypothesis may be a major explanation
for the changes in verbal achievement. Only an experiment can establish whether this is causal, so we describe a simple, low-cost experiment schools can use to test how schoolbook difficulty affects their students’ verbal achievement levels."

So...not only do the experts not bother to mention what your plagiarized Christian apologetic site claims,'cause it's so ridiculous it's contemptible, the people they're arguing against don't even mention it - your "hypothesis" is so silly, it's not even on the radar.

http://www.indiana.edu/~educy520/sec6342/week...

Some stable somewhere

#585137 Sep 5, 2013
1945, and used a Cray to sort out the details.
He came up with the vague and misleading "America's downfall is due to either:"
1 atheists
2 blacks
3 or women
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Shit, I forgot number four.
4. All three.
Even as a joke, that's repulsive.

Some stable somewhere

#585138 Sep 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
White people aren't oppressing anyone.
What the hell are you talking about?!
What white people are oppressing who?
<quoted text>
Um, yes.
1. I oppress no one.
2. "Most of the world" is extremely vague and you know it.
If you can't answer, then just scroll on by.
Not you. You're being oppressed.

Actually, the racist and sexist trash you're writing contributes to societal inequalities, so yes, you are helping to oppress people by spreading that nonsense.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#585139 Sep 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Yet another talent-free Christian.
All you have is your faith, a mindless night job in a factory in Detroit, and whatever dingy, colorless hovel a loner like you would be able to provide himself.
Judging by your posting, and like most of the rest of your faith-based buddies, you know nothing, undoubtedly in part because you have some kind of reading and thinking impairment that causes you to mangle the ideas of others.
You have accomplished nothing. Your greatest achievements are not going back to prison and not relapsing into your narcotic addiction.
Your opinions are based in ignorance and sour grapes, and get the respect they deserve.
I see you didn't even bother to deny your lies

Maybe that is progress?

ed to learn Mexicans have been treating you poorly for being white. Are you sure its not just because u are a loser?

What happened to even he local government being solicitous to you and the whole community waning you to feel welcome?

Meh...just change your stories as your delusions require:)

And considering I don't have a doctor prescribing me daily addictive narcotics and I know better now and chances are I won't have to protect any friends from an attack, I should be good

What would you do if these Mexicans that discriminate against you for being white were confrontational or even touchy-feely with your wife? Would you cry and run away flailing your hands like a little girl?

~snicker

#585140 Sep 5, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
HuRummPH! AUUGH...CRA-Aaack! <loosens up> Whew, the things that get me out of my "Topix Hibernation"...
How's it go Larry, business well? Yeah, why both...it's like the proverbial accident where one just HAS to look. It's a dog chasing it's tail, funny to watch ,for a moment - then perspective comes and one resumes living ;)
Good seeing you Jack......

My business is doing real well, keeps growing, I'm finally at that stage where word of mouth is starting to kick in..........What a boost.

I think i should take a cue from you and just get out of here for awhile. Topix has seen its better days I believe.......... Really good to see you though.

#585141 Sep 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Hey Larry (saw some spot on posts from you)
Hey G
Hey Epi
Hey RA
Hey HFN
Hey Chris C
Hey Chess
Hey Riverside Redneck
Hey River Tam
Hey HFY
Hey to anyone I missed or didn't see. I only read like 4 pages
(T) Peace
Hey skom good seein ya..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Squirrel Pot Pie 15,214
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min another viewer 983,010
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min kent 683,538
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr Doctor REALITY 5
Dan Gilbert: Get off your arrogant (BLEEP!) B4 ... 1 hr Awesome Facts 5
Venting Against FAKE Americans 1 hr Awesome Facts 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Dees Nhutz 286,521
More from around the web