Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#585031 Sep 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>True
I actually had considered adding that and then just considered it to be a result of poverty
But thinking more on it someone could have money but be lost in the woods or capsized in the water or in the Deseret or locked up and at the mercy of others or any number of scenarios.
So yeah...absolutely
You know what I just thought of? Why is it always considered a scary proposition to a negative one to be at someone else's mercy? That's kind of a depressing social commentary
Because in many cases people can't be trusted. Yes, it is a sad social commentary.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#585032 Sep 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL 12??? I think you are being generous!
I worked with a little boy once that was about 11. He got referred to me because he brought a screw driver to school to use as a weapon. When I asked him why he said...
"That kid said "yo mama" to me!" I was confused..."your mother" hardly seemed to warrant a weapon. Little did I know "yo mama" was fighting words!
Kind of reminds me of this place...
LOL!
When my boy was in first grade, I rode him in on the motorcycle. The other kids were hanging up their coats in the coat closet while he was hanging his helmet and leather jacket. There was this bigger christian kid that took issue with it all, and pushed him around and insulted him about being a Pagan. I told him to give it back to him in the very same dose he received it...he did. He beat the shit out of him in the coat closet after he threw my boy's gear on the floor.
I was called into the school from work, but the boy stood his ground in the kangaroo court(and I let him), and the school straightened the whole mess out. They never fck'd with him again.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#585033 Sep 4, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists who were once Christian still have many Christian cultural mores, interests - encultured bits of Christianity stuck in their heads. What atheists would find questions about the nature of the universe, whether there's a deity, etc, interesting but those who came from Christian culture?
I don’t know HFY. You will have to ask them. I only know that people who had Christian families have abandoned God. People who have Buddhist as parents have become Christians and that have Christian parents have become Buddhist. So no what you said in that post of yours is not always the case.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#585034 Sep 4, 2013
Stewbeef has returned.

And you guys are still waiting on Jesus.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#585035 Sep 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Hey Larry (saw some spot on posts from you)
Hey G
Hey Epi
Hey RA
Hey HFN
Hey Chris C
Hey Chess
Hey Riverside Redneck
Hey River Tam
Hey HFY
Hey to anyone I missed or didn't see. I only read like 4 pages
(T) Peace
I’m Kind a late saying it back but Hey.:)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585036 Sep 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen up Perfesser.
I admit I went to far with mentioning your daughter. I was out of line and I apologise. It really isnt like me to go THAT far. Sorry.
At least Rider apologized for the daughter part back then.

Something Coffey didn't have the guts to do and still doesn't.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#585037 Sep 4, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t know HFY. You will have to ask them. I only know that people who had Christian families have abandoned God. People who have Buddhist as parents have become Christians and that have Christian parents have become Buddhist. So no what you said in that post of yours is not always the case.
So the people whom you mention - let's say the Christians who give up Christianity to become Buddhist. Do they completely give up all their "ways of understanding" that they learned through developing in a Christian culture?

I can tell you from personal experience living in your country and Canada, and by playing host to numerous academics from all over the world, that Westerners who are Buddhist do not do Buddhism like Japanese Buddhists. And Japanese Christians do not do Christianity like English-speaking, Western raised Christians.

I once took an academic from Hobart and Smith college to a famous temple here - he sat down in a lotus, hands out and up, and meditated!!! I thought he was insane. That's not what Buddhists do here.

So, forgive me, but I don't think you're understanding what I'm claiming. The "undercurrents" of cultural programming aren't erased because someone drops their religion and grabs a new one. If you're raised in American Christian culture, some of that programming affects you for life.

It's like language. Do you speak a second one? In your second one, it's extraordinarily difficult to think and speak like a native - unless you grow up bilingually. In that case, you're never going to speak like someone who actually went through an education program in their native tongue. Since I was largely educated in English, my Japanese doesn't sound like someone who's done their MA and PhD in Japan.

No matter where you come from, you carry that with you.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#585038 Sep 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
My original post regarding incest. My opinion still stands.
Incest not only runs the risk of birth defects, there is a high degree of psychopathic behavior from the offspring of such unions.

Location hidden

#585039 Sep 4, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you pay attention to a lot of your posts or do you think you get a free pass to say whatever that others don’t? You have been far nastier than RA has.
Really? RA has posted nothing but hate.
When the bigot came back here, I even posted to his good fortune, and the bastard never had a decent word to ever say toward my person.
"Why"? probably because I am not a crister...that's why.
I am forced to assume the same behavior to be expected of you from your posts.
YOU have never posted anything but dissent toward me either.
I can only assume you are both nothing but radical fundamentalist bigots from your own behavior(s).
I have not really addressed "your" posts, because I don't feel you are worth the effort.
All you have ever shown to me is hit and miss(drive by shooting)rhetoric of defamation.
Congratulations "crister"!
And you think you are going to be included in the rapture...or are going to your heaven?
Not on your own behavior you aren't.
You are a hypocrite.
You will be the biggest joke of all time at St. Peter's pearly gate.
Now you know....what are you going to do about it?

Probably nothing.....
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#585040 Sep 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck was (is, I hope) a persona: all satire, tall tales and true humor.
I enjoyed that, and I miss him, almost as much as I miss Double Fine when he's gone.
I'm certain HL will agree with my evaluation of Buck--a good and decent guy behind his persona.
Redneck is a true hater, an Aryan Supremacist type. And an ignorant, controlling, violent person.
We have a smattering of those White Pride types out here in Socal.
Your posts have shown more hate than RR’s have. You came on here to attack. Man you are something else and it ain’t good.

Location hidden

#585041 Sep 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to scrape you off my shoe Dr. Pew Dew
lol!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#585042 Sep 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I see it as some are errant children who need the higher power over them to keep them straight. Even if imaginary there are those who seem to do better with the thought.
I've always said that if a person feels their belief in a deity or religion found in a book - that they truly believe is real - prevents them from killing the world, or that it makes them moral or provides them with morality, and stops them from committing all sorts of crimes and heinous acts against their fellow man and society, do not drop that belief.

They must need it, and if their belief prevents that, then keep believing. Please, keep that belief, because the world cannot afford them going off the deep end and losing the belief that a deity provides them sanity and humanity.

Please.

Do not let it go.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585043 Sep 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Incest not only runs the risk of birth defects, there is a high degree of psychopathic behavior from the offspring of such unions.
Who said incest has to result in pregnancy ?

It is 2013, not 1302.

Duh!

As far as birth defects, ask horse breeders why all Thoroughbreds are inbred.

Let me know when you get that education in genetics.

Location hidden

#585044 Sep 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
But fortunately, you have transcended that.
I am recommending you for reevaluation examination...on that statement alone.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#585045 Sep 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>LOL....
It cracks me up thinking that people believe we all originated from zilch or some such thing similar to nothing so at least we get some enjoyment from reading each others postings.... Laughter is good for the Soul :)
And yet that's exactly what your deity belief says.

I find that humorous, too.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#585046 Sep 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
When my boy was in first grade, I rode him in on the motorcycle. The other kids were hanging up their coats in the coat closet while he was hanging his helmet and leather jacket. There was this bigger christian kid that took issue with it all, and pushed him around and insulted him about being a Pagan. I told him to give it back to him in the very same dose he received it...he did. He beat the shit out of him in the coat closet after he threw my boy's gear on the floor.
I was called into the school from work, but the boy stood his ground in the kangaroo court(and I let him), and the school straightened the whole mess out. They never fck'd with him again.
1st grader in a heated theological debate? Yeah, ok...

You sure they didn't just mistakenly think your boy was a member of the village people?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#585047 Sep 4, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts have shown more hate than RR’s have. You came on here to attack. Man you are something else and it ain’t good.
And you are here to spread Christian love, right ?

Brag on God!

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#585048 Sep 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's only three of the Horsemen, you forgot hunger/famine/starvation.
Yes. I agree.
Due to budget cuts, the Four Horsemen -- previously War, Famine, Pestilence and Death -- are now Sniffles, Hunger Pangs, Flatulence and Ennui.- Anon.

Location hidden

#585049 Sep 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was confused when I read Bongo's post. I have often heard it said...it is not being a homosexual that is sinful...it is acting upon it that is the sin. Yet...when the man in the story followed that belief...he still was condemned.
I came to the conclusion..."not acting upon it" was just lip service...
That IS how it was presented.
It is what it is.
Given the actions of the deity, how could you expect the subjugates to any less hateful and bigoted?

Location hidden

#585050 Sep 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can a get a fart?
No man.

You ARE a fart!
Are you going to ask for scripture ta back that up too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Buck Crick 64,127
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chess Jurist 654,129
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 106,549
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 281,885
What color will Taylor Swift's baby be? 3 hr Anonymous 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Steve III 45,246
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr Classic 3,818
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Lumatrix 973,845
More from around the web