Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#584806 Sep 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And notice, he said the decline HAD to be for one of three things, and listed the three things that might be responsible.
Plucked out of thin air, no doubt.
No racism involved.
Innocent.
Human scum, I say.
Yeah. The framing of the "inquiry" reveals much more than RR would like to admit, and he won't admit that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#584807 Sep 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:

I'm laughing, too.
I'm here as a public service.

*curtsies*

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#584808 Sep 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't. It is the exact same thing.
I gave up on that as being useless and worthless with certain people.
Mine is. I give up trying to be decent, all they do is crucify you. That seems to be all I can verify from Jesus' life.
And here you go again looking for pity........Your just misunderstood aint ya Dewey..........Poor poor Duane.......

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#584809 Sep 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Good observations. I'd add in poorly implemented political and economic plans as well...
Huh oh... but there's a slight problem.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"It's one of three things:
1. The removal of God.
2. Freedom for blacks.
3. Voting rights of women."
You didn't choose one of the answers that RR said it was. He didn't ask for options.
RiversideRedneck wrote: "Those are the three main, huge changes that occurred in the 60's and 70's. one of them is the culprit for the start of the fall of America.
Which one do you think it is?"
It's >one< of three things. Those are the three "biggest" changes according to RR.
RiversideRedneck wrote: "Which one do you think it is?"
How would you answer that question based upon RR's framing of choices?
Choose the bigoted option?
Choose the racist option?
Choose the misogynistic option?
Now, what would be a choice that people would be the most comfortable in choosing?
Using racism or misogyny to further or influence something, to result in an outcome you desire, is racist, misogynistic and bigoted in and of itself.
Does no one understand that?
*watches the fishies*

#584810 Sep 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Bring the post forward.
Oh wait you can't. None of you maggots has done so in two years.
Looking forward to your funeral. Open casket I hope.
<quoted text>
You've already admitted to saying it fool. But if you want I'll bring it forward. We both know I can, you already admitted to saying it.

I'll make sure you get an invite to my funeral, whose to say if its an open casket or not. It'll be a blast either way..........
Chess

Columbus, OH

#584811 Sep 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
:o)
I very rarely see him anymore, but every once in awhile he'll show up on the Bush thread with a one liner.......
Dink's a hoot.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#584812 Sep 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Don't think that you are above intellectual dishonesty, IANS.
You're not.
I am never dishonest. I have no need to be.

Plus, I esteem integrity as a virtue. That includes honesty. It's just not that hard to do, and I've gotten used to it, so, it would feel bad to violate. That makes honesty one of my cardinal values, although not number one.

Does that sound alien or unbelievable to you?

I also wouldn't accept such a conclusion from you. If I can and am lying to myself and don't know it, besides quibbling with you as to whether that should be called dishonesty, I wouldn't trust you to accurately identify the issue before the brilliant people that I know and trust.

Sorry, but your values are not mine, and you haven't demonstrated expertise in any academic area - certainly not in human nature. So, given your religious inclinations, which are hostile to my values, why would I accept your judgment?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#584813 Sep 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. The framing of the "inquiry" reveals much more than RR would like to admit, and he won't admit that.
I've explained it to you.

You refuse to listen.

That's ok.

You don't have to.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#584814 Sep 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You've already admitted to saying it fool. But if you want I'll bring it forward. We both know I can, you already admitted to saying it.
I'll make sure you get an invite to my funeral, whose to say if its an open casket or not. It'll be a blast either way..........
During your eulogy, I'll crack open a celebratory beer.

But I ain't pourin it on the ground...

#584815 Sep 4, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Dink's a hoot.
He sure is.......LOL........

#584816 Sep 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
During your eulogy, I'll crack open a celebratory beer.
But I ain't pourin it on the ground...
LOL....You better not waste it.........
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#584817 Sep 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I say "Christians" and not Christians.
For some claim they are Christian, yet from what I've seen from actual Christians, they are nice people. These people, like RR and RA, are "Christians." They claim to be Christian and yet show feelings and beliefs of the exact opposite.
There are plenty of "Christians" in real life, that's the point.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#584818 Sep 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've explained it to you.
You refuse to listen.
That's ok.
You don't have to.
Your explanation isn't an explanation.

It's nothing more than trying to salvage some face from out of a despicable position you took, and this isn't the first time that has happened, nor do I expect it to be the last.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#584819 Sep 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Good observations. I'd add in poorly implemented political and economic plans as well...

Huh oh... but there's a slight problem.

RiversideRedneck wrote:

"It's one of three things:
1. The removal of God.
2. Freedom for blacks.
3. Voting rights of women."

You didn't choose one of the answers that RR said it was. He didn't ask for options.

RiversideRedneck wrote: "Those are the three main, huge changes that occurred in the 60's and 70's. one of them is the culprit for the start of the fall of America.
Which one do you think it is?"

It's >one< of three things. Those are the three "biggest" changes according to RR.

RiversideRedneck wrote: "Which one do you think it is?"

How would you answer that question based upon RR's framing of choices?

Choose the bigoted option?

Choose the racist option?

Choose the misogynistic option?

Now, what would be a choice that people would be the most comfortable in choosing?

Using racism or misogyny to further or influence something, to result in an outcome you desire, is racist, misogynistic and bigoted in and of itself.

Does no one understand that?
Someone might.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#584820 Sep 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm only going by what was told to us.....I also talked to Judy (OSG) and Dawn and they both said you were a Professor who taught in a College. John hasn't got back to me yet...
So we all thought you said you were a Professor....
Hi Epi.

He did say it and he knows he did. The reason I remember it so well is because I found it hard to believe that someone claiming to be a "professor" was in here posting when every other "professor" was at school teaching. But not Duane. Nope he was in here posting away.

And if you recall when he was asked about what he did and he said he was a "professor" I immediately doubt him because he misspelled "professor" which he claimed was his profession. And his excuse for doing so was that he said he was dyslexic.

Bottom line is everyone that was here that have been asked about it have said "yes he did say he was a professor". The only one that is saying it isn't true is him.

End of story.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#584821 Sep 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Question for ya cap; If a piece of wood can become pertified with wind sand and time. And if a human body can simple catch on fire from combustion. Then why could a woman turn to salt.Has this ever been found.
Not that I know of LW. A more reasonable explanation would be the reaction of a biological specimen to nuclear fission, or some detonation that would restructure the atomic structure of the entire organ, having the effect of instant mummification or total dehydration.
It would be understandable that the people of
Lot's day would assume his wife was turned to salt if she had been instantly incinerated and turned to ash.

#584822 Sep 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets try to start over, then.
I once had a 1970 red El Camino. It was a beautiful ride. Had a built 350 and a cool, vinyl bed cover. That damn car was so friggin quick! I loved it. Hadda get rid of it because whoever built the engine did a real crappy job.
This is the RR that I've seen. A pretty freindly guy, Willing to overlook all the BS thats been thrown his way and be the bigger man and start over.

I'm willing to bet that if Dewey accepts, before this week is done, Ben will be calling him names and telling him how dumb he is all fricken over again.......... And probably RR will just be letting bounce off and trying to get his point across.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#584823 Sep 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
... we do not emulate their immorality...
I just began to. It seems to piss them off. They are too stupid see that I am proving what assmaggots they are.

The difference is, I am only role-playing a lying POS. They don;t get that there comments about my recent behavior is about themselves.

Assmaggots are pretty stupid.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#584824 Sep 4, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Youre repulsive and your life, from what ive heard was sordid. No wonder youre so miserable. Its the drugs ,blame it on the drugs, wrong
I blame it on your pathetic religion.

Now go slurp feces, assmaggot.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#584825 Sep 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:

I am never dishonest. I have no need to be.
By chopping my post in half, you changed it's meaning and intent. That us intellectual dishonesty, so I have to disagree with ya.
Plus, I esteem integrity as a virtue. That includes honesty. It's just not that hard to do, and I've gotten used to it, so, it would feel bad to violate. That makes honesty one of my cardinal values, although not number one.
Did you feel bad by deliberately changing my post?
Does that sound alien or unbelievable to you?[/QUITE]

Not at all.

[QUOTE] I also wouldn't accept such a conclusion from you. If I can and am lying to myself and don't know it, besides quibbling with you as to whether that should be called dishonesty, I wouldn't trust you to accurately identify the issue before the brilliant people that I know and trust.
Oh ya, my bad. You think a good conversation or debate can only come from those with the higher educations....

Please, dude. That's a cop-out and you know it.
Sorry, but your values are not mine, and you haven't demonstrated expertise in any academic area - certainly not in human nature. So, given your religious inclinations, which are hostile to my values, why would I accept your judgment?
Obviously. And your values aren't move, either. Thank God.

I don't have much expertise in any academic area, I've admitted to that several times. You feel the need to repeat that. Does it boost your ego or something?

Because it's honest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min WildWeirdWillie 52,119
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min another viewer 992,000
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Phooey 693,268
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 445,992
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Edthirty 286,690
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 2 hr Holy dr Shrink 21
‘Trump’s a racist’ — Marcia, Marcia, Ma... 5 hr Dipsy doodle 3
More from around the web