Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#583885 Sep 2, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgusting.
I don't usually get involved in personal disputes. I really don't know what to say so I Googled.

"You're being a little hard on the Beaver, aren't you Ward?"

I like that in more ways than one.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#583886 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You are claiming that her right to free choice enables her to discriminate against people, because they are members of a certain group.
That's the bottom line. You claim that a business can discriminate against people.
Hence, according to you, the actions of your Indian Boss are fully ethical. He is well within his rights to only hire people like him, according to your moral perspective.
Unless your moral perspective is so repulsive to include the exception "except to white people. White people are not allowed to be discriminated against." And your moral system certainly seems to work this way in practice.
Oh doesn't it though...

Location hidden

#583887 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
~Wow~
I'm deeply touched, BT! You and I, we've had our great differences in the past, so your words here mean all the more to me :)
<almost tears>
Yes we have...but I gotta be honest...an I am sis...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#583888 Sep 2, 2013

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#583889 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cute. It's interesting how fast mythologies develop around new products of culture.
Funny ~ I thought parking spirits was cute.... and I don't think that a couple of thousand years or more is fast at all, but it depends on our perspective and what we are looking for!!

***Acts 12;11: "And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a truth, that the Lord hath sent forth his angel and delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews." Note in particular, that angels are sent forth to minister to them that shall inherit salvation (Heb. 1:14) also that Michael is the patron-angel of Israel (Dan. 10:13, 21; 12:1).

They guide and encourage God's servants. Matt. 28:5-7; "And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye; for I know that ye seek Jesus, who hath been crucified. He is not here; for he is risen, even as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly, and tell his disciples, He is risen from the dead; and lo, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him; lo, I have told you"; Acts 8:26: "But an angel of the Lord spake to Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza"; Acts 27:23,24: "For there stood by me this night an angel of the God whose I am, whom also I serve, saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must stand before Caesar: and lo, God hath granted thee all them that sail with thee."

Jesus tells us that children have their own guardian angels, "Take heed that you do not despise one of these little one, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:10) This verse seems to indicate that children have an angel ready to help anytime there is a need for one.

You may have noticed also that in Hebrews it says that believers have a guardian angel. "Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?" (Hebrews 1:14) Also Scripture reminds us that we don't always know when we have seen an angel because of this other passage, "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels." (Hebrews 13:2)

https://www.google.com.au/search... ***

I Googled Guardian Angels and the response was about 2,050,000 results in 0.29 seconds. I Googled parking spirits and guess what?? No results at all.

Funny about that :)

Location hidden

#583890 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If I ever get off my lazy arse and write something, I'll send you an autographed copy :)
Yeah. None of us are objective, most of our realities are social constructs - fragmented, and they change through our lived experiences, and we cannot remember them properly. The fast is like a phantasm, as it fades away we choose pieces of it to reify, sometimes even deify, making them stronger and more real than those memories were upon first experiencing them.
Some of us actively reshape our memories to make ourselves the heroes in our lives - memories for such people are to be manipulated, exaggerated, denied, changed through interpretation as the need arises. Others of us examine our past actions, hoping to constantly learn and improve. Some dwell on the past, some on the future, some on the now.
And we all know who each of us is based on the writing.
I would hope that came directly from you....as it is a most profound statement of reality and actuality....and an artifact of proof that you are growing in knowledge and understanding,...and the combination is wielding wisdom in it's wake.

#583891 Sep 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS IS A TRUE STORY
The man was in his last days. He reflected upon his life and revealed, "I'm gay, I've always been gay."
His friend paused for a moment then asked, "You're married, you have two beautiful children and you're gay?"
The dying man responded, "I love my wife, my children, but I've always been gay."
"So," his friend asked, "Your entire life was a lie?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"It was the right thing to do."
________
.. the man was deeply religious ..
.. you'll probably never get what I'm trying to say; the walls will go up and and you'll fire off a mendacious quip. Such a position leads me to think you lack introspection, the very foundation of a spiritual life ..
Did he love his wife and children?

Location hidden

#583892 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If I ever get off my lazy arse and write something, I'll send you an autographed copy :)
Yeah. None of us are objective, most of our realities are social constructs - fragmented, and they change through our lived experiences, and we cannot remember them properly. The fast is like a phantasm, as it fades away we choose pieces of it to reify, sometimes even deify, making them stronger and more real than those memories were upon first experiencing them.
Some of us actively reshape our memories to make ourselves the heroes in our lives - memories for such people are to be manipulated, exaggerated, denied, changed through interpretation as the need arises. Others of us examine our past actions, hoping to constantly learn and improve. Some dwell on the past, some on the future, some on the now.
And we all know who each of us is based on the writing.
I would be honored.
I have watched and tested your development for over a year now...and I have "pushed" your limits..I know that.
You are not perfect, but you are exceptional.

Location hidden

#583893 Sep 2, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lz_JnR4xSzIXX
I always have a shiv and a little flashlight.

Just in case.

I try not to go over the edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#583894 Sep 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Professional responsibilities maybe?
You know, the professions.
Perhaps she is referring to "intellect".
It seems to be in short stock anymore when one really needs tap it's knowledge or support.

Location hidden

#583895 Sep 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Who Ra
You'd better believe it!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#583896 Sep 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny ~ I thought parking spirits was cute.... and I don't think that a couple of thousand years or more is fast at all, but it depends on our perspective and what we are looking for!!
***Acts 12;11: "And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a truth, that the Lord hath sent forth his angel and delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews." Note in particular, that angels are sent forth to minister to them that shall inherit salvation (Heb. 1:14) also that Michael is the patron-angel of Israel (Dan. 10:13, 21; 12:1).
They guide and encourage God's servants. Matt. 28:5-7; "And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye; for I know that ye seek Jesus, who hath been crucified. He is not here; for he is risen, even as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly, and tell his disciples, He is risen from the dead; and lo, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him; lo, I have told you"; Acts 8:26: "But an angel of the Lord spake to Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza"; Acts 27:23,24: "For there stood by me this night an angel of the God whose I am, whom also I serve, saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must stand before Caesar: and lo, God hath granted thee all them that sail with thee."
Jesus tells us that children have their own guardian angels, "Take heed that you do not despise one of these little one, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:10) This verse seems to indicate that children have an angel ready to help anytime there is a need for one.
You may have noticed also that in Hebrews it says that believers have a guardian angel. "Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?" (Hebrews 1:14) Also Scripture reminds us that we don't always know when we have seen an angel because of this other passage, "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels." (Hebrews 13:2)
https://www.google.com.au/search... ***
I Googled Guardian Angels and the response was about 2,050,000 results in 0.29 seconds. I Googled parking spirits and guess what?? No results at all.
Funny about that :)
I wonder what the "Guardian Angels" do when bad things happen to little children, look away?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#583897 Sep 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>I don't usually get involved in personal disputes. I really don't know what to say so I Googled.

"You're being a little hard on the Beaver, aren't you Ward?"

I like that in more ways than one.
No. I'm being kind.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#583898 Sep 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I always have a shiv and a little flashlight.
Just in case.
I try not to go over the edge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TNuj26CMwJEXX
http://www.hulu.com/watch/331828

Location hidden

#583899 Sep 2, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
No.'Ben' will come back later, apologise and blame the drugs. It's how liars operate.
OK. He has never given me claim to distrust him.

#583900 Sep 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what the "Guardian Angels" do when bad things happen to little children, look away?
Cruel comment Scar, but I guess it is because of your lack of comprehension regarding same. One would think they would be grieving in a way that we do not comprehend, and that they care for these children in a way we cannot...

Location hidden

#583901 Sep 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a good man.
Maybe...maybe not...I reckon we'll all see huh?
Anaways, I appreciate "yer" good will...

Location hidden

#583902 Sep 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Did he love his wife and children?
Prove love.

Go.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#583903 Sep 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Cruel comment Scar, but I guess it is because of your lack of comprehension regarding same. One would think they would be grieving in a way that we do not comprehend, and that they care for these children in a way we cannot...
I'm not trying to be cruel, what I am saying is what is a "Guardian Angel" guarding against?

I mean, I get that "the Satan!" is the trickster deity/evil component in your mythology, and I suppose that in some way the "Guardian Angel" provides some sort of protection in your beliefs.

But, really, if the 'Guardian Angel" can't protect people/children from the evils perpetrated due to the influence of sin/Satan! that is a component of this world in your view, what are they (the GA's), providing?

Location hidden

#583904 Sep 2, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Many do that here, which is why I rarely bother. Besides, there's no prize so what's the point?
I reckon it's the fact that bully's need ta be taken aback a bit in ther folly, so's everone else can git the chance ta walk on ther path without hav'n ta detour an waste precious time.
That's what it 's about sis ...fer me anaways

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 699,494
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min NotSoDivineMsM Tr... 72,049
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 23 min Dang Jersey Piney 447,457
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 36 min Joe Fortuna 137
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr eternalrock 995,095
Black/White mindsets, relations, and fears in A... 4 hr Scooter 4
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 4 hr Doctor REALITY 13