“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#583650 Sep 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They were the acts of shut-in Christians. That's my take on it, anyway.
Do you remember my story about walking out in the middle of the sermon when the pastor said "if you don't tithe God gets mad at you"?
I was the only one that walked out, the only one that made a stink about it later on. I met my parents later for breakfast and my dad, who has a masters degree in theology, could not find the verse to confirm with the pastor said.
It made me sick, it really did. It kind of confirmed my thoughts based on the church I went to previously, where the pastor was taking donations to "improve the church", but instead of improving the church, he and his wife got matching Mercedes.
I walked out of that church, too.
That sounds like a pretty bad church. And its clear that religion, b/c of how it emotionally manipulates people, is often used that way.

Don't think all Christian pastors are like that though, even if you feel like you should judge them all based on the actions of the one. I'm sure your experience was just an outlier and other pastors are just fine people who carefully direct their tithes toward charity and the good of the flock.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#583651 Sep 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was raised Protestant, and realized it made no sense when I went to school and learned actual facts.
hahaha! That's awesome.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#583652 Sep 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything about you raping your daughter....
You knew exactly what Coffey was saying about me and my daughter and you backed him 200%.

May you have an open casket funeral, too.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#583653 Sep 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OH! That "one" school....
*facepalm*
You and other "monkeys" can 'facepalm' all you want. It doesn't change the actuality of what I have stated one bit. It is what it is, and you can never disprove the facts of it.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#583654 Sep 2, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether they have sheep or fuckweasels.
.. just wondering - why didn't you target Red Apples instead of RR ??..

.. how's the treatment going? Did Saturday's new regiment change anything ??..

Location hidden

#583656 Sep 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, seriously?
Have you been reading Ben's posts?
Are you really gonna back him up?
Question is ---are you going to support Rotten apples?
If so, I will consider you just as despicable as he is ...You are half way there as of now.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#583657 Sep 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. are you familiar with 'downer' drugs ??..
.. if so, you're better than any of them ..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you implying that Ben's comments are a result of drugs?
.. no ..

“Love much, trust none”

There

#583658 Sep 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb atheist.
Incest
Noun
1. sexual relations between people classed as being too closely related to marry each other.
2. the crime of having sexual intercourse with a parent, child, sibling, or grandchild.
'Classed' by whom ?

It is legal in many States of the Union.

So much for your definition.

You have a problem with it because "The Bible says so!" no other.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#583659 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Bongo agreed with us, not you. You'll note that he's a Christian, not an atheist. Apparently you didn't read that post very well, either.
Yawn... It's "always" me that doesn't read right....

YOU wrote this to ME:

"Thanks Bongo.

Please take note, Riverside, a Christian agreed with the possible alternatives expressed by Scar and myself."

http://m.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LORUM...

To which I replied: "I didn't I agree with you two"

"You two" being you and bongo.

Location hidden

#583660 Sep 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"BenAdam wrote:
Yes, the Bible is much better than science.
Kill the gays and end the problem, right ?"
THAT is in the Bible?!?
Such a despicable deflection of an outright question.
You are truly making me question whether to bother posting to ever again...it's not like I have not been here before...and then decided to give you another chance....You are running out of chances with me here .

Location hidden

#583661 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you made truth claims in it. Only the first one was a correct truth claim. The subsequent ones were incorrect.
You might be asking questions to gain knowledge, but you don't appear to be. You come across as asking questions to promote what you believe to be accurate while simultaneously not engaging discussions and denying what most people tell you, usually through distraction and ridicule. It looks a lot more like the desire of self-promotion and attention grabbing than anything.
They were incorrect "to you", you mean, right?

Right.

Yes.

Moving on.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#583662 Sep 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Well, I out of here headed for a cook out party laters.
Bye, LW. Have a good time.

Location hidden

#583663 Sep 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of the stupidest atheist lines:
"If it ain't in that bible...It jist ain't so!"
Tying your shoes isn't in the Bible, either.
So what do we do with that.....
So...now you falsely accuse me of being an atheist too!
You are now relegated to the posters I will not ever respond to because of their insolence and arrogance.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#583664 Sep 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
HL has given me some insight, so has River. It's helped me move along, but kind of like a turtle...
Sweet. So listen to them more.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Ok, so for the purposes of the ascribed/achieved status, you've agreed that some homosexuals have the ascribed. If so, then would you agree that their ascribed status cannot be compared, in terms of protection under the law, to that of a KKK or NAMBLA member?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No. Because, unfortunately, the KKK and NAMBLA are both protected groups, protected "companies".
Anyone who is not a member of either of those two groups would be crazy to be a part of either of those two groups, in my opinion.
1. You're using distraction again. You specifically avoided using the ascribed/achieved status discussion and called KKK and NAMBLA 'protected "companies"' whatever you mean by that. In any case, people join them, so they're achieved and not protected in the same manner that ethnicity and sexuality are.

2. What??? What on earth do you mean by both are "protected groups" and "Anyone who is not a member of either of those two groups would be crazy to be a part of either of those two groups"? You just called them protected groups and then said no one should join.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Second, you are incorrectly associating the physical act of sex with the physical, mental and social act of being homosexual.
It's like you are claiming your heterosexual ONLY arises from your exclusive sex with women. It doesn't. There's a lot more going on than just that.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, not necessarily. I know I've used the word "relationship" a lot more than I've used the word "sex".
For the record, I know that homosexuality is not just about sex, no more than heterosexuality is.
You just wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't believe that people, most people anyway, are born with sexual desires built in. I think a lot of it is choice and influence.
Achieved status, like "I'm now gay, and always have been", ignoring all the heterosexual sex and relationships they've had. That's a choice.
So you're contradicting yourself when ever you feel it's useful. How enjoyable to have a discussion with someone who can redefine their statement son the fly, refuses to engage in the argument itself, denies science while asking for evidence, accuses all atheists of being liars, introduces distractions as a debate tool and is basically all over the place doing anything he can to avoid speaking to the original topic in question.

Now, if I was a bigot, I'd point out your religious biases here. But I'm not. This just falls on you.

Location hidden

#583665 Sep 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:

I've got one thing to supply here, and it should tell you something.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you mad that we rich white people give so much money and land to the Indians but don't pay reparations to the blacks?
Well maybe if you get your black ass out there and get a job you wouldn't be so mad.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE ...
Filth.
Pure, unadulterated filth.
Watch out for a "got caught in a word jumble", or a "that was because so and so said," or a "that doesn't mean I'm a bigot" post.
We already know the redneck and his filth.
He can't crawl out of it.
The first part of it was pure sarcasm, mocking was Sharkey was bitching about for the past few days.

The second part was said in anger, as I posted to scar, I just couldn't take his shit anymore and just snapped.

You ever snap?

It happens.

Get over it.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#583666 Sep 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate no one, not even you.
You didn't answer my question.
Fail.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
are you a christian?
How do "I" tell?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#583667 Sep 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with everything you've said, but one doesn't need to have a university level education to logically debate something. I see his reason for his logical fallacies being that he knows his arguments are at a loss. He then wishes to convolute the meanings of what he says to try and make them seem right while confusing the opponent.
It doesn't work well.
Though I suppose that's the definition of a red herring.
I don't think university education is needed for debate at all, and I apologize if I suggested that. I wrote that merely to be mean to Riverside since he seems upset by his lack of education.

Location hidden

#583668 Sep 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Humm one has to adore you for keeping her out of jail.
Ya know gal like that can be a handful lol lol.
Oh lawdy!~ She was a handful...but I will always love her.
We were the "blacksheep" in the circle of kin. LOL!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#583669 Sep 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since neither one of you have provided any evidence other than social sciences that being homosexual is ascribed and not achieved, of course I'm going to ignore that.
"other than social science"

hahahahaha!!!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#583670 Sep 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. just wondering - why didn't you target Red Apples instead of RR ??..
.. how's the treatment going? Did Saturday's new regiment change anything ??..
I left RR alone until he started bashing me along with RA.

RR is now on my shitlist. He earned it.

No muscle cramps, just a headache and 'anxiety attacks' nonstop. My patience is as non existent as a magic sky daddy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 542,702
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min bad bob 173,701
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Dr_Zorderz 259,567
Word association game (Aug '08) 12 min Kid_Tomorrow 53,321
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min waaasssuuup 227,594
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min Stilgar Fifrawi 739,546
The Intense Power Behind The New World Order...... 38 min yon 19

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••