Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#583270 Sep 2, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You homosexual ignorants.Enjoy your homosexual way of life while you are alive. Whether you engage in homosexual perversion or not in the judgemntday you will not be able to defend yourself.
Go and sit on a pouffe, Adolf.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#583271 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're introducing a red herring here - a side argument to detract from the original argument.
Homosexuals do not choose to be homosexual. Being homosexual isn't an achieved status, it's an ascribed one.
However, you just made a truth claim about gays - please support it with evidence.
You know what, Hiding.

I would like to see homophobes like Adam, etc try to take on those gay Samurai warriors you told me about. I think we know who would lose.
:-)

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#583272 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you uphold that "lying is the atheist way" you, RR, are a bigot.
And you're a coward. The gist of my post was how you and Skom are ignoring ascribed versus achieved status so that you dishonestly compare the KKK to homosexuality.
You didn't address that because my argument is sound.
RR is a coward of the worst sort:

He is cowardly and dishonest in his arguments here.

He is a disloyal employee who criticiizes his employer behind the back while taking his pay check.

And he puffs out his chest with pride when talking about hitting his family members.

It's likely they cower in fear of him now.

But he won't get away with it forever.

Wat goes around, comes around.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#583273 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, your intellect fails to grasp the important distinction I made. And, above you introduce a red herring because of your inability. Third, you introduce a statement that almost no one agrees with except religious bigots and provide no evidence for it.
1. I didn't claim that gays were born gay. I specifically wrote "gays and blacks did not choose who they were. They have ascribed status."
2. The salient point for my critique on your immoral support of discrimination and comparison of gays and blacks to the KKK is that you're confusing ascribed versus achieved statuses. It's a red herring b/c you're comparing apples to oranges; it's thoughtless because you don't understand that.
3. In the past few days, we've all come to expect thoughtless bigotry from you. It's disappointing.
A red herring would be an attempt to change the subject or focus. No red herring there.

1. I know, you're claiming that gays and striaghts have no choice in their sexuality just like a person has no choice in their skin color. That's your claim, you can't prove it.

2. Before you can say that, you'll hafta provide evidence to support your assertion that "being gay (or straight) is an ascribed status".

3. Becaus you're not understanding what I'm trying to say.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583274 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're introducing a red herring here - a side argument to detract from the original argument.
Homosexuals do not choose to be homosexual. Being homosexual isn't an achieved status, it's an ascribed one.
However, you just made a truth claim about gays - please support it with evidence.
What red herring? You claimed that gays are an ascribed status, I asked for evidence of that assertion.

And I'm asking again.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#583275 Sep 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A red herring would be an attempt to change the subject or focus. No red herring there.
You did. You changed the discussion to be about homosexuals, when it is actually about ascribed versus achieved status.
1. I know, you're claiming that gays and striaghts have no choice in their sexuality just like a person has no choice in their skin color. That's your claim, you can't prove it.
See? You have here attempted, poorly, to change the topic.

And you're incorrect about the above, and use imprecise language, as usual.
2. Before you can say that, you'll hafta provide evidence to support your assertion that "being gay (or straight) is an ascribed status".
You are making a claim that being gay/straight is not an ascribed status.

And because you claim that gay/straight is not, then at some point in your life, you "choose" to be heterosexual. How old were you when you decided to be straight and not gay?
Nope. You argue deceitfully and I'm calling you on that.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#583276 Sep 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you're trying to claim that gay people are like members of the KKK?
Seems comparing them to NAMBLA wasn't vile enough.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583277 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was not looking for a fight.
If you need to lie about my experiences and change them, then you are promoting violence against me because I am an atheist.
What?! I'm not promoting violence, I was copying your words.

You did go to a church, yes? You did get a free lunch, yes? You did stay for two hours arguing and defending your beliefs, yes?

Yes.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#583278 Sep 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you lol remember that song just swingin Oh heck charolette something lol. Know what ya mean tis peaceful but add a cup of hot coco and cookies.lol the wonder of it all.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#583279 Sep 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Go and sit on a pouffe, Adolf.
Hush it will you please? Can you pls keep it down,of course?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#583280 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
RedApple's wife committed suicide?
She couldn't take his abuse anymore.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583281 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
As I wrote in the story, liar and bigot, the Christians had asked me for weeks to come - and I declined, citing my atheism. They promised me that no one would attack me and it would be all good.
So I gave in, because they seemed like nice people, and voila, attacked.
That you have to lie about my story speaks to your dishonesty. You have been making gross assumptions to a lot of posters here - that tells us that dishonesty is integral to your life. You are fundamentally a dishonest person so that you can maintain your illusions of how you think of yourself.
All I can say is, it's great we have Al Garcia - he's a wonderful example of an honest, decent man.
"attacked"?? You said they questioned you for two hours about your atheism and you loved it because you love to argue.

Quit the 'persecuted me' bullshit.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#583282 Sep 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyways, it's simple to demonstrate that homosexuality is ascribed and not achieved.

Since the beginnings of sexology, various "treatments" were developed for homosexuals - wholly unsuccessful, as reported in the sexology and medical research journals. Eventually, in 1974, medical designations about homosexuality being a disorder, and something that people can change through treatment, were dropped.

This happened because social science demonstrated that such medical classifications were the product of a discriminatory hegemonic order and not natural categories. The idea that homosexuality is somehow not natural, not healthy, a phase, is a cultural construct.

I can provide all kinds of references but they will be lost on you.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#583283 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
As I wrote in the story, liar and bigot, the Christians had asked me for weeks to come - and I declined, citing my atheism. They promised me that no one would attack me and it would be all good.
So I gave in, because they seemed like nice people, and voila, attacked.
That you have to lie about my story speaks to your dishonesty. You have been making gross assumptions to a lot of posters here - that tells us that dishonesty is integral to your life. You are fundamentally a dishonest person so that you can maintain your illusions of how you think of yourself.
All I can say is, it's great we have Al Garcia - he's a wonderful example of an honest, decent man.
Attacked? Be the bigger person, you knew an incipient atheist would ruffle some feathers especially a pugilistic polemicist like you.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583284 Sep 2, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You did. You changed the discussion to be about homosexuals, when it is actually about ascribed versus achieved status.
<quoted text>
See? You have here attempted, poorly, to change the topic.
And you're incorrect about the above, and use imprecise language, as usual.
<quoted text>
You are making a claim that being gay/straight is not an ascribed status.
And because you claim that gay/straight is not, then at some point in your life, you "choose" to be heterosexual. How old were you when you decided to be straight and not gay?
<quoted text>
Nope. You argue deceitfully and I'm calling you on that.
"How old were you when you chose to be straight" is not evidence to your assertion that being gay/straight is an ascribed status. The fact that some people can go back and forth with their sexuality denies that possibility.

Unless you have some evidence to offer, sexuality is not an ascribed status.

Now, go cry red herring again, because you have nothing to support your assertion.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#583285 Sep 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>We call parking spirits by another name; we call them our Guardian Angels and we know they are here to help us, not only to find parking spots but all situations in our lives....
Praise to Bibendum!

http://www.naylornetwork.com/naf-nwl/assets/m...
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#583286 Sep 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What red herring? You claimed that gays are an ascribed status, I asked for evidence of that assertion.
And I'm asking again.
I would agree that there is an anomaly where a man is born in a womens body and vice versa however I think the typical gay left the natural use of their body in some deviant desire possibly due to dysfunctional family dynamics during their upbringing. The deviant ones may get the "status" by proxy

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#583287 Sep 2, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
The following is a typical evening at the Le_le household. Staring Le_le and her friend.
Sadly her children are subject to this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RUORASi0H3UXX
?
Didn't click on link.. Sure it's an insult..
Is this what Christ makes you??- a hateful fool??

Are you obsessing over me John Coffey? Just like you did OYE and W_N??

You need help..
How well does the police dept. in your area handle Internet stalking??

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#583288 Sep 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard a scary song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =uJwWnkF-LRYXX
Let's hug and then we'll play.
I do not think of music as scary.
I think of lyrics as conveying a message
to the listener. But most people I find
only pick out what sounds good to the ear.
Most cannot find meaning in music too.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#583289 Sep 2, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No....I believe he is divorced
Oh. That's a shocker!!
Fine christian that he is .. And all..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min positronium 36,202
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Big Al 988,405
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 26 min ChromiuMan 6,541
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chuck 688,471
How did black people get here ( economically) 2 hr Doctor REALITY 60
United 175 hit the south [email protected] 11 hr Doctor REALITY 2
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 11 hr Doctor REALITY 15
More from around the web