Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#583093 Sep 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Funny thing, that happened to me and some friends many years back. At a Denny's in Atlanta. Busy morning so didn't think too much of it until we noted more people that came in behind us sat down and were eating. We sat until we got the message so we left.
<quoted text>
Why, pray tell, were they discriminating against you ?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#583094 Sep 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Pharmacies decide all the time what medications they will provide. Often pharmacies won't carry certain medications that are expensive to stock and that people don't get much. Some pharmacies will order medication they don't carry if someone brings in a script. Others will simply say they don't carry the medication. I know for a fact some pharmacies don't carry or dispense certain medications like liquid demoral or morphine. They are very potent opiate based medications that most doctors can't even write for. Although I don't know if it takes other authorization from the state for some medications
Pharmacies are privately owned. If a pharmacy can decide what medications to dispense based on what is profitable, why in the world can't they decide not to provide medications they feel are a danger to the public?
In this instance I don't know the specific law and whether it not being licensed by the state means a pharmacy has to make an attempt to fill certain types of prescriptions. But I think it's nuts a private pharmacy can be forced to dispense medications they feel are damaging
Just like when some pharmacies stopped dispensing dangerous antidepressants before the FDA pulled them, I don't see how a pharmacy can be forced to provide medication they fell is used to commit murder. But that someone would sue them to force them to instead of going to hundreds of pharmacies that have no problem with it doesn't surprise me in today's world
People absolutely hate it when others try to force their morality on them but have no problem doing it to others. At least I am consistent. I would vote for gay marriage because I don't think those against it should be able to legislate their personal morality on others. Yet the same people who say how wrong it is for Christians or anyone else to try to legislate their morality to prevent gay marriage thinks its fine to sue someone to force them to take a job they don't want or force a pharmacy to provide a drug they feel is used to kill unborn children that they consider lives
Why can't people let others choose what is moral for them if it isn't hurting anyone else? What is the point of forcing others to confirm to their morality instead of just going to someone who feels how they do? I find it vindictive and petty. I would never force someone to do something they aren't comfortable with and wouldn't want to be serviced by someone I was at odds with morality-wise.
1. Pharmacies may make economic decisions. Not moral ones. Drugs that some individuals may consider immoral do not, in any way, affect human bodies because that of that individual's judgement.

2. Pharmacies are under strict rules and guidelines set out by the government.

3. Pharmacies are part of the medical community and make their purchasing decisions based on advice from medical researchers. So, if medical research demonstrated a class of drugs was dangerous before the FDA ruled on it, the FDA ruling would be after the fact acknowledgement.

4. It's good of you to vote for gay marriage.

5. This question of yours "Why can't people let others choose what is moral for them if it isn't hurting anyone else?" isn't the question we're discussing. The question we have been discussing is "Can an individual deny the rights and freedoms of another person when they disagree with the other person's gender, sexuality, ethnicity, sexual behavior, and so on?"

“"None shall pass"”

There

#583095 Sep 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes dickhead, it means he would charge an extra 25% if he took good pictures.
Of course I know what it estimate is you dumbass.
Regardless of how you want to word salad it, he would charge Christians an extra 25% for no reason other than that they're Christians.
Thanks for proving once again you are a moron.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#583096 Sep 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Opium mixed with wine. A common medicine in Judea at the time.
That's laudanum, which was used for a long time after that.
http://19thcentury.wordpress.com/2008/03/02/l...
http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki10...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#583097 Sep 1, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what Le Le. When I give an account for my life I'll answer for it. Take a person like false god or Catcher that repeatedly says I lie and holds hate in my heart for homosexuals. The stupidity is that a person could be so blind and driven by an agenda that they post and repeat a lie thinking that somehow will make it true. In some small way Christ does care about topix because there are real people on the end of these messages. God knows the intent of everyone's motives. Example, he knows the intent of the heart of Mr. Catcher when he posted thank goodness my wife and I don't have children. I have my thoughts for his hatred but he won't answer to me when he dies.
If you believe Christ cares about topix.. Why don't you ever try and reel in the folks who claim
Christianity here on wsjlm,, those who insult and try their hardest to destroy others in the Name of God..
I have yet to see you say one word of correction to Skombolis for his vulgar
posts towards others? With almost every post of his he demeans your god..he makes Christianity look
a muddy slimy pit.. Do you believe he and RA and Q are who your god wants representing Him??
I think they make Christianity look like hell.. Who would want to belong - when reading these fellas?

I can not identify my heart with many of you here who claim Glory in Christ. I refuse to be known
for the lack of compassion towards our fellow human beings that you all celebrate.

I wish for you and your wife.. peace in both your hearts.. And I wish you both would live and let live
- you feel you both were " cured" of homosexuality.. Fine.. Why can't you just let that be and let others
love as they choose??
God doesn't need your help..
Drop the agenda of trying to BE god and maybe folks like Catcher will meet you half way..?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#583098 Sep 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, which is why I never said illegal
There are plenty of pictures that could be suggestive with children that are still legal
And NAMBLA and everything it stands for disgusts me
And my disgust doesn't count any more than someone else's or vice versa. So the people cheering this on are also making sure contractors would have to accept jobs from NAMBLA and the KKK and gay-hate groups and so on
A contractor or an artist can no longer say, I don't want them job based on moral objections and you can't force me to take the job. Apparently New Mexico says they can
once you hang a shingle, you may not refuse <legal> work on moral grounds

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#583099 Sep 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be coy, you were talking about that photographer, the same thing we've all been talking about the past few days.
My opinion is that photographer did the right thing. Just like Rosa Parks broke the law to do what she felt was right, so did that photographer.
So what?
Why would anybody get all up in arms over that? Just hire a new damn photographer.
It's cool though, karl has the right idea. Just charge an extra 25% to groups of people that you don't want business from. It falls right in line with what scar is saying, they just lie about it and nobody knows that you're discriminating.
Me? Coy? pfffft

You're equating a bigot to Rosa Parks?

Seriously?

Oh hell.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#583100 Sep 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Funny thing, that happened to me and some friends many years back. At a Denny's in Atlanta. Busy morning so didn't think too much of it until we noted more people that came in behind us sat down and were eating. We sat until we got the message so we left.
<quoted text>
What makes you think he's black?
Are you not going to like him anymore if he is?

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#583101 Sep 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
You know none of this would have ever happened if the photographer had simply said something to the effect:
"I'm sorry, I'm not taking any jobs at the moment"
What a business (contractor, et al) can't say is:
"I'm sorry, you're black and we won't do that for black people"
"I'm sorry, you're gay and we don't do that for gay people."
"I'm sorry, you're Hindu and we don't do that for Hindus."
"I'm sorry, you're disabled and we don't do that for disabled people."
etc...
Religious bigotry once again shoots itself in the foot.
That's the thing about freedom here in the states. We're free to do as we please within what is outlined as freedom. What can't occur, is your freedom hampering or impinging on the freedoms of another, at that point, you are denying freedoms to another.
It's a simple concept and yet many do not understand that detail.
I do understand; nobody should have the freedom to take away another person's freedom. That's NOT liberty.

Some stable somewhere

#583102 Sep 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
If you were a contractor, should you be forced to take a job from the KKK or NAMBLA
One of the issues here is that you're confusing is ascribed and achieved status.

Blacks and gays have ascribed status - they didn't choose to be who they are, they just are. And so we cannot discriminate against

But KKK and NAMBLA are achieved statuses - people choose to join these organizations. So they don't count for protection against discrimination.

Additionally, I seriously doubt that NAMBLA could present a legal argument that their group is deserves the same protections and rights that belief systems like religions have. And I doubt that the KKK could, too, for slightly different reasons.

Further, NAMLA promotes what everyone else in society knows hurts children - and it's illegal. The KKK endorses discrimination - clearly their aims cannot be protected by law.

So I'd have to guess that, no, a court wouldn't force a contractor to serve members from those groups because they do not enjoy legal protections for their membership.
________

And there's no way such a case would ever make it to trial. A contractor can avoid work very easily:

- claim the job is too dangerous
- put in an outrageously high bid
My brother has his own company. There are jobs he had refused because he knows from other contractors the people are a pain in the butt to work for or try to complain to get free services all the way to knowing some people are elitist racists that he didn't want to work for. I don't see why the reason even matters. It's his company. He should be able to decide who he works for
Good for him for being discerning. If you note, he's not discriminating against people of ascribed statuses.
But again, what if you were a photographer and the KKK or NAMBLA wanted to hire you. You don't think you should be able to turn down the job?
Who, me?

I'm sorry, Skom. I'm not a photographer, but an anthropologist. If either of those groups invited me to study them, I'd jump at the chance. In my opinion, they're both really really really f*cked up and that makes for great, controversial anthropology.

Some stable somewhere

#583103 Sep 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I turned down a job once just because I didn't like the way the house smelled. Odor discrimination?
I'll mail you some incense.

Some stable somewhere

#583104 Sep 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
From a witty mind. I won't mention any initials HFY.
I didn't make it up!

Some stable somewhere

#583105 Sep 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Skom. No.
They'll just lie.
It's the atheist way.
Uhm...what did you say about bigotry again? What was it that you claimed you don't do?

Something like "it's not fair to judge all individuals based on their group affiliation."

Isn't that what you claimed?

Some stable somewhere

#583106 Sep 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you photograph, cater, rent chairs, etc for a KKK wedding?
You're confusing ascribed versus achieved status.

Remember when you stated that carpenters are just as skilled as doctors, but they simply have different fields? I agree, because of how you phrased the above question.

Location hidden

#583107 Sep 1, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing, that happened to me and some friends many years back. At a Denny's in Atlanta. Busy morning so didn't think too much of it until we noted more people that came in behind us sat down and were eating. We sat until we got the message so we left. Nobody was called now lawsuits, we got over it. Guess our class wasn't protected? Not going to spend money with them ever again but life goes on.
christian dick-head may not be a protected class

you need work on that

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#583108 Sep 1, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
99 bottles of beer on the wall 99 bottles of beer if one of those bottles should happen to fall 98 bottles of beer on the wall.
Come on sing it with me Le_le.
98 bottles of beer on the wall 98 bottles of beer if one of those bottles should happen to fall 97 bottles of beer on the wall....
Just as I thought
Red Apples / John Coffey:

You are void .. there's nothing to you.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#583109 Sep 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Me? Coy? pfffft
You're equating a bigot to Rosa Parks?
Seriously?
Oh hell.
I makes one wonder about his sanity, doesn't it ?

RR would be protecting the Bus Driver's right to refuse services.

Location hidden

#583110 Sep 1, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
So you will be leaving I take it. Ta ta with your hate of people you can't stand.
love the person hate the philosophy

but to be honest, I do dislike you

Some stable somewhere

#583111 Sep 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
"First they came for the Negros,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Negro.
Then they came for the Muslims,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Muslim.
Then they came for the homosexuals,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a homosexual.
Then they came for me,
and no one would speak for me.
Well said!

Location hidden

#583112 Sep 1, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do not know how to POLITELY turn down work, you deserve all of the consequences you get.
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you wait until after accepting a contract then at the last minute ruin someone's wedding....
THAT

is not polite

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Romantic Sensual Touch Massage & Prostate Massage 1 min Linda AUH 8
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min kent 654,203
UNICORNS In the Bible 4 min Tony 9
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 min Tony 445,471
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 7 min WasteWater 2,589
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min DebraE 106,559
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min PELE78 64,194
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min who 281,902
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr God Damned Holy S... 973,863
More from around the web