Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#583069 Sep 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
OK....I'm finally done reading posts from overnight...Hey when you get behind is it hard to catch up...
LW was a little upset with RT last night...Whoa...She and I are good friends....She is a TRUE friend...Salt of the Earth....I like her too
But the story about Rabbi Racoon going to a Bar Mitzva cracked me up
Later
Actually, she was more of a shout than a whisper.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#583070 Sep 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm gonna play in the garbage, I'd better put on my Tanooki Suit.
Add a yarmulke and you can be Rabbi Raccoon. LOL

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#583071 Sep 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
For me, it's far more clear cut.

Some Christians are good and decent people who happen to believe in something we see as imaginary, but display only positive personal traits. You know who I'm talking about. These are people who deserve respect and affection.

Others are sheep, who use their god the way a drunk uses a lamppost: Not for illumination but as something to lean on. They are sheep; followers; unable to use critical thinking. These are people who deserve, if anything, no more than pity.

Then there's the third group of filthy, disgusting Christian bigots, who not only believe their way is the only way, but go out of their way to display their hate for anything they consider to violate Biblical teachings as they interpret them. These people don't give a whit for humanity; they just want to be saved, and for the rest of us to rot in hell. These are people who deserve the worst we can give them.
Good analysis, amigo.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#583072 Sep 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was your great granddaddy picking on them?
None of my direct ancestors were slave holders. Some were slaves though.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#583073 Sep 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
She wasn't trying to stop them, she just didn't feel comfortable photographing them.
Oh, and it wasn't a wedding.
Carrion
Who wasn't trying to stop whom?

What wasn't a wedding?

What did you think I was talking about? What's your opinion?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#583074 Sep 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm...
I wonder how your fellow atheists will see this...
You'd charge Christians an extra 25% over atheists.
They prolly won't say anything....
He didn't say that. I didn't expect you would know what a contingency fee is.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#583075 Sep 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
my direct ancestors were slave holders.
You should keep that to yourself.

(Ain't it a bitch when your posts are hacked up?)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#583076 Sep 1, 2013
Thanks. Another courageous person.

You are still a part of the problem. Most people are. That isn't condemnation or hate, just a fact.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Claudette Colvin.
First, who was Claudette Colvin? She was a fifteen year old black girl in 1955. She had dreams of becoming a lawyer. Her mother was a maid, her father mowed lawns. She studied her history in school and listened to teachers talk about how unfairly her people were being treated. The words took hold, and on March 2nd, nine months before Rosa Parks, Ms. Colvin refused to give up her seat to a white man. She kept saying it was her constitutional right to ride the bus, because she had paid her fare. She didn't plan to do it beforehand, the time had just come and she was fed up. Like Mrs. Parks, Claudette was arrested. She was taken to an adult jail, where she said she faced intimidation and ridicule. She became a plaintiff, along with three other women (Aurelia Browder, Susie McDonald, and Mary Louise Smith) in the Browder v Gayle civil action law suit -the law suit that officially ended segregation on the Montgomery bus system.
So, why don't people celebrate Claudette Colvin? Why isn't she a subject for school children during Black History Month? There have been various speculations. Black leaders considered using her to spark the Boycott. What made them change their minds and wait for someone else, someone like Rosa Parks to do what Colvin did before? First, Claudette's family came from a poor part of town. Others have said that the fact that she was dark skinned was a mark against her. Most damaging was the fact that she was pregnant. She says she didn't become pregnant until after the arrest, but regardless, a teenage pregnant girl wasn't seen as the right role model. As a symbol, she fell short. These aspects of her life were deemed more important than her brave act.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583077 Sep 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wasn't trying to stop whom?
What wasn't a wedding?
What did you think I was talking about? What's your opinion?
Don't be coy, you were talking about that photographer, the same thing we've all been talking about the past few days.

My opinion is that photographer did the right thing. Just like Rosa Parks broke the law to do what she felt was right, so did that photographer.

So what?

Why would anybody get all up in arms over that? Just hire a new damn photographer.

It's cool though, karl has the right idea. Just charge an extra 25% to groups of people that you don't want business from. It falls right in line with what scar is saying, they just lie about it and nobody knows that you're discriminating.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#583078 Sep 1, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing, that happened to me and some friends many years back. At a Denny's in Atlanta. Busy morning so didn't think too much of it until we noted more people that came in behind us sat down and were eating. We sat until we got the message so we left.
You're black? Shame on you for being a Christian bigot.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#583079 Sep 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got your hands full here.
hahaha!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#583080 Sep 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You should keep that to yourself.
(Ain't it a bitch when your posts are hacked up?)
This is why decent people despise you so much.

Some stable somewhere

#583081 Sep 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. It is a dishonorable act of an individual attempting to place himself in a position above another(on the scale of value and veracity) that he has not invested the effort to attain himself(and doesn't deserve). It is a fraudulent act of deception.
Absolutely. And at the expense of nurses - probably one of the most selfless careers in the world.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583082 Sep 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say that. I didn't expect you would know what a contingency fee is.
Yes, he did say that.

"If some one came to my shop to enguage me as a photographer, and told me that the people getting married were "christians"; I would tack an extra 25% contingency fee on the job estimate"

He said exactly that.

He would want to charge Christians an extra 25% for no reason other than that they're Christians.

What's your take on that?

Some stable somewhere

#583083 Sep 1, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You know why dogs can tree bears? Because the bears utterly know they are the kings of the forest. They have nothing to prove, so they just wander up a tree, let the little dog yap, and wait.
Of course the bear could break the dog. It takes confidence and patience to hold one's position.
Grace, poise, elegance in bravery. These are everything to being a man.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know why the bear is the king of the forest? Because he takes no shit from nobody. He asserts himself, stands up for himself and is fully capable of his wants & desires.
No, that's exactly not how bears work.

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuh!

Some stable somewhere

#583084 Sep 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Appropriating it properly(truth, justice, fairness) is wisdom.
Well said!

Thanks, always wondered what to do with that expression. And now I know!

Some stable somewhere

#583085 Sep 1, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No problema. Your willingness to see the best in people is charming. But they don't do much genuinely. It's in their nature to deceive. Their worldview is a self-deception.
I'll tell you what: You help me to try to find a way to dislike them less, and I'll try to help you see them for what they are more. Maybe we can help one another.
I don't think it's in the world's best interests for you to dislike them less.

We need our IANS just like we need our Hitchens'!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#583086 Sep 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You're black? Shame on you for being a Christian bigot.
Boggles the mind, doesn't it ?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583087 Sep 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why decent people despise you so much.
Me?! Lol. You're the king of post-hacking up.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#583088 Sep 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he did say that.
"If some one came to my shop to enguage me as a photographer, and told me that the people getting married were "christians"; I would tack an extra 25% contingency fee on the job estimate"
He said exactly that.
He would want to charge Christians an extra 25% for no reason other than that they're Christians.
What's your take on that?
"I would tack an extra 25% contingency fee on the job estimate"

Do you know what a contingency fee is ?
Do you even know what an estimate is ?

Knowing you, I would ask for 100% paid in advance just because I know you are a fuckweasel and will try to steal my services if I don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Bongo 49,385
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Joe Fortuna 971,799
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min here 281,287
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Robert F 646,912
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 41 min WasteWater 2,101
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 1 hr Swim 165
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ann Bonney 53,830
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Lbj 105,674
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 8 hr patsy the shared ... 26
More from around the web