Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#581690 Aug 30, 2013
EDIT:

If I knew RR had a problem with people with greens eyes I would compliment him on his lovely GREEN eyes.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#581691 Aug 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean "future generations"?
People are already saying that now...
"It's a hoax! It's a hoax!"
they have been saying that about christianity for a long time

we know now that many of the bible events <exodus> are fiction.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#581692 Aug 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's drywall.
Or Sheetrock.
Or gypsum wall board.
But never sheetwall.
Stick to lying in an 'honorable' court room and let the professionals handle the drywall.
Personally I'd prefer responsible skilled labor handles the drywall. I don't think lawyers or medical doctors are that good at using puddy.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#581693 Aug 30, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the core philosophy "substitutional atonement" is immoral and such a belief supports <all> other immoral behaviour
It is the equivalent of avoiding get hit by a bus by throwing someone else under it.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#581694 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You've only had discrimination explained to you like 10 times now. What part of it is difficult for you to understand?
He thinks it applies to everyone else except him.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581695 Aug 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your perspective. I'll consider your words.
I don't know. Scar made me rethink my views. I like to write so that the person I'm arguing against can understand me - but you often claim you write for us atheists. If that's the case, no need to change language, since we all understand what you're talking about - and no need to defend the use against believers.

Yet it's one of the reasons I don't consider Dawkins a very good speaker. He doesn't speak to be understood by Christians - he makes rather complicated arguments that only people of a certain background can understand. That's fine if his goal is preaching to the choir, but not super useful if he's going to reach out to non-atheists.

Hitchens himself attempted to do just that - he took his book through the Bible belt, enjoying every fight. I quite admire him.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#581696 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He also paid child support. You can't ignore that.
Sure he can. He just called me a liar and that I didn't pay it.

John Coffey AKA Red Apples has been a hate-filled liar since he's been on Topix. He even got banned for stalking and threatening people.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581697 Aug 30, 2013
karl44 wrote:
< I am a recovering catholic, trained by Rome>
Congratulations for getting out!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#581698 Aug 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love that one. I always write "yes".
That's my answer for the "Sex" question.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581699 Aug 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
I know that many people want to go to Heaven. I understand that.
To me it sounds like the most boring eternity imaginable.
Like a Thanksgiving at an empty table while endlessly saying "grace".
I would rather be tortured by demons.
Just die in battle so that you get to dine with the Norse Gods and have these non-dying in battle people as your servants forever!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581700 Aug 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I swear, I didn't know how young you were!
It's the makeup and cigarettes that throw most people off.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581701 Aug 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks it applies to everyone else except him.
He seems to be upset that his Hispanic boss is hiring mostly other Hispanics, according to RR.

So that kind of discrimination is bad because it's affecting a white, heterosexual male, but if you don't want to photograph gays or blacks, that's ok in RR's book.

In other words, RR's understanding of discrimination is itself discriminatory.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#581702 Aug 30, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
substitutional atonement is immoral
to say nothing about the concept of a debt paid in the blood of a sentient being.
Like dragging a whale to shore, gutting it and leaving it to rot on the beach so your deity won't beat the crap out of you when you die.

In a moral fairytale, that man would be beaten up by the deity for abusing such a magnificent beast.

Maybe that is the message of the Gospel.

"God sent me to help you but you murdered me so now all you stupid humans are fucked." - JC

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581703 Aug 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he can. He just called me a liar and that I didn't pay it.
John Coffey AKA Red Apples has been a hate-filled liar since he's been on Topix. He even got banned for stalking and threatening people.
It's a badge of honor that these people would stoop to attacking you as a parent.

Clearly, you're upsetting them enough for them to discard any decency. I guess they just can't hack arguing against you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#581704 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know HL was your daughter!
They are very similar, yes.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#581705 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I couldn't agree more. So you're arguing against the foundations of the religion - does "the Church" adequately sum that up? Or "Christian teachings" or "The teachings of the Church?"
It seems as though the believers here can't get their mind around "The Church." They keep trying to link that to a physical entity - which is kind of ironic, since they're the believers of nonphysical things.
"It seems as though the believers here can't get their mind around 'The Church.'"

I think they have the capacity, but it serves their agenda to setup a straw man.

The alternative is, they're just too stupid to understand it.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#581706 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. Scar made me rethink my views. I like to write so that the person I'm arguing against can understand me - but you often claim you write for us atheists. If that's the case, no need to change language, since we all understand what you're talking about - and no need to defend the use against believers.
Yet it's one of the reasons I don't consider Dawkins a very good speaker. He doesn't speak to be understood by Christians - he makes rather complicated arguments that only people of a certain background can understand. That's fine if his goal is preaching to the choir, but not super useful if he's going to reach out to non-atheists.
Hitchens himself attempted to do just that - he took his book through the Bible belt, enjoying every fight. I quite admire him.
I agree. That is why I try to use the Bible and Christian doctrines when conversing with Christians.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#581707 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Just die in battle so that you get to dine with the Norse Gods and have these non-dying in battle people as your servants forever!
I would rather be servant to a valiant Viking than bored to tears by a wimpy deity.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#581708 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He seems to be upset that his Hispanic boss is hiring mostly other Hispanics, according to RR.
So that kind of discrimination is bad because it's affecting a white, heterosexual male, but if you don't want to photograph gays or blacks, that's ok in RR's book.
In other words, RR's understanding of discrimination is itself discriminatory.
Agreed!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#581709 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a badge of honor that these people would stoop to attacking you as a parent.
Clearly, you're upsetting them enough for them to discard any decency. I guess they just can't hack arguing against you.
I admit I sucked as a parent. If they think they can hurt me any worse than that, they are bigger morons than I can conceive.

Their lives must suck if I am the focal point of their lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 864,319
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min MUQ2 40,863
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 12 min dollarsbill 6,430
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Liam 599,551
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 23 min Liam R 221,989
The Christian Atheist debate 27 min Critical Eye 1,972
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 1 hr Roger Bemfree 33,180
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr Pegasus 272,404
More from around the web