Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#581766 Aug 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already been at my job for almost 10 years. And for some reason you "liberally" give me six months?
HA HA
From what you relate about your situation? Yes.
Get back to me about it 6 months from now, and let me know if I was correct or not.
Seriously now. It appears you can not see the handwriting on the wall.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#581767 Aug 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Hang in there, Ben.
We're with you.
I know. Thanks.

John Coffey is like a nasty drunk at the lounge that everyone wishes would leave but he stays until last call.

Location hidden

#581768 Aug 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we have laws that prevent businesses from discriminating on people for race, religion, etc.
But there's no law that would force an individual to be a part of something they don't want to be a part of.
If a photo shoot artist is hired to do a photo shoot, his or her subjects should not be the concern. The quality of the photo work should be the only concern, regardless of the subject(s).
Bigotry has no place in any business. It is unprofessional.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#581769 Aug 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is he so concerned about frogs?
A nictitating membrane would rule out any human.

I am sure it wasn't referring to a Epicanthic fold because that would make God a racist.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#581770 Aug 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you/Scar/Ians seen the new Discovery Institute book, Darwin's Doubt, by Stephen Meyer?
Buck may be the ghostwriter: Meyer identifies the evolution flaws as absence of fossil evidence, and "engineering" of the genome. Heard the guy on Hugh Hewitt (Reagan right-winger and ardent Catholic) radio program today.
Wow, no, amazing that they can write such trash to their gullible masses.

Location hidden

#581771 Aug 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't freedom, that's being forced to do something you don't want to do. The traditional civic virtue of tolerance is being replaced with a new ethic requiring approval and endorsement of homosexuality.
"Jordan Lorence, who represented Elane Photography in the case, said the decision was a step toward tyranny. "Government-coerced expression is a feature of dictatorships that has no place in a free country," he said. "This decision is a blow to our client and every American's right to live free.""
They weren't and aren't "forced" to be in business...they chose to-knowing the laws that govern it.
Now they expect that they are an exception.
They are NOT.
Simple as that.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#581772 Aug 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
From what you relate about your situation? Yes.
Get back to me about it 6 months from now, and let me know if I was correct or not.
Seriously now. It appears you can not see the handwriting on the wall.
To use a Christian phrase:

"When God close one door on you he will open another."

Some stable somewhere

#581773 Aug 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
RR has become a complete mess.
Something is wrong with the guy.
His mental state has deteriorated recently.
He's very angry, and Topix seems to have become his outlet.
Yeah.

Some stable somewhere

#581774 Aug 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, of Christianity in specific. However it could apply to any religion where the underlying concept is "believe it or die".
For the Christian to point out that it's really not a death, but an everlasting "supernatural" death/punishment or "living death", assigns an even greater sense of immorality to the "believe or die" concept at the core of the religious belief.
Keep in mind, it's supposedly the "deity" that sets this condition in the myth. All else springs from that deity proclamation.
<quoted text>I think it does.
"The Church", when speaking of the entity, includes all concepts(good results, bad results, denominations etc...) that fall under that heading, otherwise known as Christianity. So that "believe or die" concept taints everything.
You understand this, I do, many people do. Even other Christians do, and do not think of that abstract entity as pointing at them when it's said for instance, "The Church and its effect upon Medieval society was wide ranging in the benefits and detriments it brought about ". No one takes that to mean them personally.
It's an abstract entity. When people speak of the U.S. Govt. sucking, as in; "The U.S. Govt. SUCKS!"
They don't mean every single person that works for the U.S. Govt. system sucks. Although some people who do work "for" that abstract entity might certainly suck at what they perform - for the abstract entity - it's the abstract entity being referred to, not individuals.
<quoted text> Right, and they believe the nonphysical represents the physical.
Personally, I think it's an easily grasped and feigned point of contention, and that's because I see the exact same people have no problem in using other abstract entity terms.
That they don't see that "believe or die" concept lying at the foundation of the deity belief, or "The Church" - that abstract entity - isn't my fault.
Excellent points.

In other words, people who claim "what church? my church?" are simply being dishonest and attempting to derail the argument.

Ok, understood. I take it back IANS.

:)

Some stable somewhere

#581775 Aug 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Scary stuff!

Some stable somewhere

#581776 Aug 30, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good. It takes a special person to think outside the square that they live in.
Some just live there all their lives.
Yaaaay!

Some stable somewhere

#581777 Aug 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It's related to a fuckstick.
Is that like a fucksickle?

Some stable somewhere

#581778 Aug 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If a photo shoot artist is hired to do a photo shoot, his or her subjects should not be the concern. The quality of the photo work should be the only concern, regardless of the subject(s).
Bigotry has no place in any business. It is unprofessional.
Oooohhhh, be careful! RR has special attachment to the word "professional."

He seems to think it's an honorable word, despite that he's using it as a perfect synonym for "career."

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#581779 Aug 30, 2013
Geez whiz what next folks my newsman on tv is saying big foot is out wondering around in this state. I got to go do some research on this.
Jumpin grasshoppers is it human or critter.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#581780 Aug 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is he so concerned about frogs?
Dang Cap forget those frogs. What can you tell me about big foot??

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#581781 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Oh hell.

“What?”

Location hidden

#581782 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to answer that but I got scolded by RoboMod.

“What?”

Location hidden

#581783 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooohhhh, be careful! RR has special attachment to the word "professional."
He seems to think it's an honorable word, despite that he's using it as a perfect synonym for "career."
I'm a professional dead body washer and the Keeper of the Internal Temperature.

You mere mortals amuse me. Hahahahahaha.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#581784 Aug 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, wadd'ya write if ya jist "look" like a Homo Sapien?
I've been able to pass for one @ times.
:D

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#581785 Aug 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening Captain;
I hope she is doing ok too. Know you shall laugh but the weeds and clouds are reading a early arrival of winter here where I am and think it is going to be a bitter cold one too. Even the golden sunflowers are showing signs of wear and tare too. Will soon be time for me to become a hermit.lol.
Winter sux.

On the last day of OUR winter, let me say better you than me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Stubborn Things 110,319
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min bad bob 42
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min President Don J T... 675,646
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Dontfearevolution 982,085
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 50 min Ricky F 39,230
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Po Pierdole ni 46,197
Hank Williams, Jr. is a retard (Oct '11) 4 hr handsomebrady 26
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,753
More from around the web