“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#581651 Aug 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The type of person best suited to attempt an accurate interpretation of the Bible is a historian (not "an historian", I don't like that) who is also a rational skeptic.
Christians are without a doubt the worst suited for the task.
They invariably believe, because they must, that their version is the correct one. Faith makes this a necessity. Who wants to devote their lives to beliefs they are completely unsure of?
You're really on the ball today. I'm guessing you were born on Wednesday.
Bless you.

I was born 5 minutes ago, with all my memories intact. It's an odd feeling. I feel as though I have had a life, and have posted here before.

But I know I haven't.

Nice to finally meet you! My name is Hiding.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#581652 Aug 30, 2013
I know that many people want to go to Heaven. I understand that.

To me it sounds like the most boring eternity imaginable.

Like a Thanksgiving at an empty table while endlessly saying "grace".

I would rather be tortured by demons.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581653 Aug 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Was I supposed to feel special?
You, sir, are welcome!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581654 Aug 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid I'm going to have to step in on this one, though I'm not speaking for RR.
Most Americans use "professional" as part of the dichotomy of amateur/professional. The majority wouldn't be able to tell you what the "professions" are.
If you ask an artistic painter if they are a professional, their answer will likely depend on whether or not they sell their work.
I know. I'm being a beotch just because.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#581655 Aug 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you want to compare airlines to religion?
As you know, no airline threatens eternal torture in hell. They just don't have any negative aspect that is even close.
How many passengers do you think the business would have if it did?
They survive based on their record of performance and satisfactory treatment of their clientele
How does your religion stack up to that scrutiny?
They also don't threaten to throw you to your death if you don't like the in-flight movie.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581656 Aug 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, you sure did list it.
"any vocation or business"
I'm a professional, you just talk for a living.
"professional talker".... LMMFAO!
I love how you have to demean what I do so you can put yourself up.
bensleys reality

Nashua, NH

#581657 Aug 30, 2013
oh he ain't got time for you, he has a full time job taking care of his negros, being sure they got enough bullets to keep killing other negros, enough unregistered unlicensed guns to keep killing other dumb negros, enough drugs to sell, enough welfare checks, slum housing, poor schools
democrats and unions to keep jobs out of the hood keep them negros poor and dependent on government.

them poor negros need affirmative action a special month to celebrate all the drugs they sell and people they kill. gotta keep the naacp the urban league, PTA, PETA, the CTA and all them other pro negro organizations going is a full time job.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581658 Aug 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To stand up for yourself and your beliefs is not a sign of insecurity. I don't know how you put the two together.
How are you standing up for yourself? I didn't belittle you in any way. You are the one doing that and have been this entire time.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581659 Aug 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your boss is the agent of your company.
What he does is done on behalf of the company.
He acts for the company.
The company is responsible for his actions.
Geez man, you're totally losing it.
No, no Catcher! RR assures us that he is a professional.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#581660 Aug 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that, you're assuming that the baby mama is a good person and can raise a child herself.
Just like you have assumed that Red Apples knows all the facts. Why? Because the two of you picked something that neither one of you know of the facts other than he paid child support, didn't sue for custody/visitation and has no relationship with her. You don't know WHY he made those choices. That doesn't seem to matter though...you'll just make them up.

Is that what Christianity is all about? Or is this just what the two of you are all about?

I don't know why the choices that were made were...it is none of my business.

Are you so righteous that you have never made a mistake...made choices that you wish you could change? Do you not have to live with things of the past that is now too late to change?

I have...I will have to live with those choices the rest of my life.

Not long ago someone posted...Christianity is about love. Is this how that love looks? The world could do without this kind of love.

What happened to "revenge is mine sayeth the Lord"...

Are you so righteous that "let ye who cast the first stone" doesn't apply to you?

If this is the face of Christianity...I am beginning to understand why IANS says it can't die fast enough.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581661 Aug 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you say of his discriminatory actions?
That's not representing the company, that's representing himself.
My company follows anti-discrimination laws, which is why they are investigating our allegations.
Remember the deaf guy he was making fun of? THAT is not representative of this company, only himself.
So, as unusual as it sounds, I disagree with you.
Catcher is correct in this instance. He is representing the company, which is precisely why his actions are getting him investigated. The company cannot - if it wants to avoid discrimination - allow individuals to act as you have described he has done.

You are simply not following Catcher's logic to its conclusion. That is, the company must take action if this person acts as you claim.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#581662 Aug 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Well I know you read it. Now what temptation you got on your mind.
LW...you were brave enough to speak up...I admire you for that.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581663 Aug 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your post to IANS and felt this should be pointed out.
The entire underpinning of the Christian philosophy is immoral.
The methods or variations among the denominations or individual belief-sets are irrelevant. There are blanket statements in the bible that delineate what constitutes the "unacceptables", and those statements are nothing but details. People will point to the bible and say that the Jesus! loves everyone(but you better believe or you die), that the Jesus is here to forgive people of their "sins"(but you better believe or you die), or that the Jesus! died or sacrificed himself out of an overwhelming love for everyone to "pay" for their "sin"(but you better believe or you die).
What I'm looking at is the core precept of the deity belief as put forth in the bible and we can only go by that.
The belief states that in order to be approved or accepted by the deity, you must believe in the deity. The penalty for not accepting that belief - a state of mind - is death.
That is immoral.
The core concept of Christianity is immoral. It demands that you must believe or die.
Obviously, the "supernatural" hooey, IE; eternal life et al - behind the belief - is ridiculous and I understand death is unavoidable, because I will, naturally, die.
That does not negate the immorality of that core concept of the religious/deity belief. That applies to any religion/deity belief that incorporates the same concept; Believe or die.
Everything contained within the belief, stems from that immoral concept that is the basis of the belief.
A death sentence based upon the presence of, or absence of a belief.
Again, that is an immoral concept, and underlies the entire belief set.
If you, or anyone, can point out why it isn't, I'll be fine with adjusting my opinion in regards to this.
I couldn't agree more. So you're arguing against the foundations of the religion - does "the Church" adequately sum that up? Or "Christian teachings" or "The teachings of the Church?"

It seems as though the believers here can't get their mind around "The Church." They keep trying to link that to a physical entity - which is kind of ironic, since they're the believers of nonphysical things.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581664 Aug 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you amazed at how stupid self-proclaimed "professionals" are ?
No. It's to be expected.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#581665 Aug 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be talking about your lover, Red.
Who's the top, you or Red ?
Why use gays to insult people? When you do...you marginalize them also.

Many claim to support the gay community...yet use them as jokes to hurl insults at people.

Something wrong with that picture.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#581666 Aug 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your post to IANS and felt this should be pointed out.
The entire underpinning of the Christian philosophy is immoral.
The methods or variations among the denominations or individual belief-sets are irrelevant. There are blanket statements in the bible that delineate what constitutes the "unacceptables", and those statements are nothing but details. People will point to the bible and say that the Jesus! loves everyone(but you better believe or you die), that the Jesus is here to forgive people of their "sins"(but you better believe or you die), or that the Jesus! died or sacrificed himself out of an overwhelming love for everyone to "pay" for their "sin"(but you better believe or you die).
What I'm looking at is the core precept of the deity belief as put forth in the bible and we can only go by that.
The belief states that in order to be approved or accepted by the deity, you must believe in the deity. The penalty for not accepting that belief - a state of mind - is death.
That is immoral.
The core concept of Christianity is immoral. It demands that you must believe or die.
Obviously, the "supernatural" hooey, IE; eternal life et al - behind the belief - is ridiculous and I understand death is unavoidable, because I will, naturally, die.
That does not negate the immorality of that core concept of the religious/deity belief. That applies to any religion/deity belief that incorporates the same concept; Believe or die.
Everything contained within the belief, stems from that immoral concept that is the basis of the belief.
A death sentence based upon the presence of, or absence of a belief.
Again, that is an immoral concept, and underlies the entire belief set.
If you, or anyone, can point out why it isn't, I'll be fine with adjusting my opinion in regards to this.
the core philosophy "substitutional atonement" is immoral and such a belief supports <all> other immoral behaviour

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581667 Aug 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The only Real Christian™ that exists is the one you happen to be talking to at the moment.
hahaha! No kidding!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#581668 Aug 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks. When you look at the actual archaeological evidence and historical findings, the deity belief and religion in authenticity, crumbles.
which is why many religious leaders claim "faith" in "faith", but that is a huge fail also.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#581669 Aug 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
You've only had discrimination explained to you like 10 times now. What part of it is difficult for you to understand?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#581670 Aug 30, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> That's a blunder , argh argh, its not illegal to not pay the tax, no such law, but argh you must file.
They just seize yer property and bank account
Somebody should have told Capone. Seems he went to prison and died there for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aura Mytha 809,942
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min Freebird USA 176,062
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 15 min seenthisside 950
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min kent 574,131
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 28 min karl44 442,095
safe abortion clinic in manila (Jul '13) 43 min lyca 43
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 5,554
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 1 hr sall 163
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Aardvark Ratnick 268,904
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 10 hr coco 204
More from around the web