Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#581733 Aug 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"It seems as though the believers here can't get their mind around 'The Church.'"
I think they have the capacity, but it serves their agenda to setup a straw man.
The alternative is, they're just too stupid to understand it.
Agreed.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#581734 Aug 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
These are protected groups, according to EEOC.
Equal Pay/Compensation
Genetic Information
National Origin
Pregnancy
Race/Color
Religion
Retaliation
Sex
Sexual Harassment
http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/
Which one say hetero- or homosexual?
It's usually classified under Sexual Orientation. Which is definitely a category under our Anti Discrimination Act.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#581735 Aug 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Have you/Scar/Ians seen the new Discovery Institute book, Darwin's Doubt, by Stephen Meyer?
Buck may be the ghostwriter: Meyer identifies the evolution flaws as absence of fossil evidence, and "engineering" of the genome. Heard the guy on Hugh Hewitt (Reagan right-winger and ardent Catholic) radio program today.
http://dibujando.net/files/fs/p/c/600x600/201...

Oh, you said "ghostwriter". My bad.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#581736 Aug 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text> You did when you accused me of raping my daughter over a year ago.
Never happened deadbeat and you know it never happened. You keep whistling that old worn out tune and every time you're called out on it to prove it you have nothing.

Just like you left your poor daughter with nothing when she was just a baby and you ran out on her like a coward. You ran out on her like she was garbage. Is that how you saw her deadbeat? Garbage that you could just throw out? No wonder she wants nothing to do with your worthless ass.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#581737 Aug 30, 2013
It is a failed moral system where one need only say "I believe in Jesus" then continue on with their life in same way as before and instead of being punished they get rewarded.

A perfect moral system is where one strives for the good of mankind despite the fact that may be punished for doing so.
IMHO that is what Jesus taught and did regardless of whether he was a deity or a radical Jew. I admire that.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#581738 Aug 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex:
"Discrimination against an individual because that person is transgender is discrimination because of sex in violation of Title VII. This is also known as gender identity discrimination. In addition, lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals may bring sex discrimination claims. These may include, for example, allegations of sexual harassment or other kinds of sex discrimination, such as adverse actions taken because of the person's non-conformance with sex-stereotypes."
And that's just the Federal law. California law is even broader.
You may want to consider moving.
Say, to North Korea.
They don't have protections like ours.
Actually it does specifically say homosexual and transgender in the ADA. Plus a few other reason not to discriminate.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol...

If I were to move overseas...California sounds like a better place than North Korea or Russia.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#581739 Aug 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't like they'll ask "what Planet?"
If I were hiring I would.
Ther's folks from certain planets or star systems I jist won't hire.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#581740 Aug 30, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Never happened deadbeat and you know it never happened.....
Why do you insist on denying it when everyone knows the truth about you.

The only ones who agree with you are two bigots. You have a cult of three. Congrats!

You, like most scumbags, will go to your grave thinking you are right and everyone else on the planet are wrong. We will all piss on your grave in spirit. You will be missed less than Hitler, Stalin and Judas.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#581741 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's immoral. You have to take responsibility for your own actions, you can't sluff them off onto someone else.
Also, sin is a cultural construct. It works in your religious culture b/c you - well, here anyway - frame the entire religion around that:
1. you're a sinner
2. sinners are punished, since "sin" is bad
3. don't worry,'cause Jesus has you covered
4. unless you stop believing
And whatever you do, don't question why the argument is circular or where sin ultimately came from.
Very good. It takes a special person to think outside the square that they live in.

Some just live there all their lives.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#581742 Aug 30, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it does specifically say homosexual and transgender in the ADA. Plus a few other reason not to discriminate.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol...
If I were to move overseas...California sounds like a better place than North Korea or Russia.
"49ZG What constitutes discrimination on the ground of homosexuality

(1) A person (
"the perpetrator" ) discriminates against another person (
"the aggrieved person" ) on the ground of homosexuality if the perpetrator:

(a) on the ground of the aggrieved person’s homosexuality or the homosexuality of a relative or associate of the aggrieved person, treats the aggrieved person less favourably than in the same circumstances, or in circumstances which are not materially different, the perpetrator treats or would treat a person who he or she did not think was a homosexual person or who does not have such a relative or associate who he or she thinks was a homosexual person, or

(b) requires the aggrieved person to comply with a requirement or condition with which a substantially higher proportion of persons who are not homosexual persons, or who do not have a relative or associate who is a homosexual person, comply or are able to comply, being a requirement which is not reasonable having regard to the circumstances of the case and with which the aggrieved person does not or is not able to comply.

(2) For the purposes of subsection (1)(a), something is done on the ground of a person’s homosexuality if it is done on the ground of the person’s homosexuality, a characteristic that appertains generally to homosexual persons or a characteristic that is generally imputed to homosexual persons. "

Bigots arguing that
1. It doesn't apply to them.
2. I t infringes on their religious freedom.
3. It persecutes Christians.

in 3... 2... 1...

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#581743 Aug 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Church" means different things to different Christians and different denominations.
For example,
Roman Catholicism claims the Roman Catholic Church is "The Church" and that there are no others.
Many Fundamentlist and "ReBorn" Christians consider the collection of all Christians in the world to be "The Church".
In common language of the USA and other countries "The Church" is a building dedicated to a religious group.
In short, "church" is an ambiguous, misleading and often useless word.
You hear about the One True Church so much. Then the other church down the street calls themselves that too...

It's a bit like everyone's one true football team.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#581744 Aug 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
http://dibujando.net/files/fs/p/c/600x600/201...
Oh, you said "ghostwriter". My bad.
Buck could do that--in his overalls.

Peebob and Fountain would be laughing like hyenas.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#581745 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. Scar made me rethink my views. I like to write so that the person I'm arguing against can understand me - but you often claim you write for us atheists. If that's the case, no need to change language, since we all understand what you're talking about - and no need to defend the use against believers.
Yet it's one of the reasons I don't consider Dawkins a very good speaker. He doesn't speak to be understood by Christians - he makes rather complicated arguments that only people of a certain background can understand. That's fine if his goal is preaching to the choir, but not super useful if he's going to reach out to non-atheists.
Hitchens himself attempted to do just that - he took his book through the Bible belt, enjoying every fight. I quite admire him.
I liked his style too. RIP Hitch.

Location hidden

#581746 Aug 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Evenin Cap;
I have not a clue of information at all.
Even'n LW.
It's been some time now. I hope she is ok.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#581747 Aug 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That he has the audacity to change the words of the Quran means he is going directly to Hell according to ALL denominations of Islam.
He is, in a word, damned.
I didn't know that. But it sounds like the sort of thing they would believe.

Even the Quran is not so gay bashing as our Adolf. The only section I know of is their version of the story of Lot.

Location hidden

#581748 Aug 30, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, or else Homo Sapiens.
So, wadd'ya write if ya jist "look" like a Homo Sapien?

Location hidden

#581749 Aug 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> hahaa, right.
<the Yahweh!> "No no no, YOU are going to get on the cross and "die". I was god first. That makes me happy for some strange reason."
<the Jesus!> "...Okay, fine, then I'm taking a few thousand years to come back and I don't care what I'm gonna say in Matthew 24. You've not even created everything yet."
<the Spirit!> "...You, I mean..um... we?..erm ...You're gonna flood the whole earth and kill everything, really?"
<the Yahweh!> "SPIRIT!, who told you to talk?...never mind"
<the Spirit!> {starts moving things in mysterious way}
<the Jesus!> "He's sooo moody..."
LOL!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#581750 Aug 30, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
You hear about the One True Church so much. Then the other church down the street calls themselves that too...
It's a bit like everyone's one true football team.
As much as they like to proclaim unity, no such things has existed in Christianity. The closest was from 350 AD to 431 AD when The Roman Church (Pauline) was declared the only legal form of Christianity in the Roman Empire starting with Constantine in 350 AD and ended with Nestorian Schism in 431 AD.

There are currently 40,000 different forms of Christianity all claiming to be the "Real Christians".

One could also argue that Islam is simply another Christian sect since Jesus is the central figure of their religion (not Muhammad as most Paulines claim). In fact, one of the reasons Islam had appeal is that it requires less belief in the impossible than Pauline Christianity.

Location hidden

#581751 Aug 30, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to check the calendar for that year, but yes I was born on a Wednesday too.
:D
Least it wasn't Black Friday.
A thief goes in front of Pilate. Pilot stands up and points his finger at him...and he faints from fear.
The thief wakes up nailed to a cross next to Jesus, and screams out "what the hell am I doing here?!!"
Jesus looks over at him, smiles, an says.."Don't ya member pray'n that ya wanted ta be just like Jesus?...Well, ya got yer wish."

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#581752 Aug 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even'n LW.
It's been some time now. I hope she is ok.
Evening Captain;

I hope she is doing ok too. Know you shall laugh but the weeds and clouds are reading a early arrival of winter here where I am and think it is going to be a bitter cold one too. Even the golden sunflowers are showing signs of wear and tare too. Will soon be time for me to become a hermit.lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min River Tam 70,019
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 10 min Johnny 4,926
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min The Hangman 974,600
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Jake999 282,860
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Ricky F 183,441
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Spider1954 2,970
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Anthony MN 658,358
More from around the web