Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#581707 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Just die in battle so that you get to dine with the Norse Gods and have these non-dying in battle people as your servants forever!
I would rather be servant to a valiant Viking than bored to tears by a wimpy deity.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#581708 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He seems to be upset that his Hispanic boss is hiring mostly other Hispanics, according to RR.
So that kind of discrimination is bad because it's affecting a white, heterosexual male, but if you don't want to photograph gays or blacks, that's ok in RR's book.
In other words, RR's understanding of discrimination is itself discriminatory.
Agreed!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#581709 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a badge of honor that these people would stoop to attacking you as a parent.
Clearly, you're upsetting them enough for them to discard any decency. I guess they just can't hack arguing against you.
I admit I sucked as a parent. If they think they can hurt me any worse than that, they are bigger morons than I can conceive.

Their lives must suck if I am the focal point of their lives.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#581710 Aug 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"It seems as though the believers here can't get their mind around 'The Church.'"
I think they have the capacity, but it serves their agenda to setup a straw man.
The alternative is, they're just too stupid to understand it.
It's quite possible both are true.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#581711 Aug 30, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text> Are you so righteous that "let ye who cast the first stone" doesn't apply to you?
And who cast the first stone Annie. I guess you missed the stones "I hope you die", and "I'll piss on your grave", and "I'll shit on your grave".

Funny how you didn't say a word about those comments Annie now did you?

Don't know why I even formed that as a question because we all know you won't honestly answer that.

You're all the time saying how equal you are. How you are even and fair when it comes to you pointing out when someone is in the wrong. I guess you've proven all by yourself what a lie that was.

You're nothing but a two faced hypocrite Annie, that Thumper was right on the money about.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#581712 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I don't know. Scar made me rethink my views. I like to write so that the person I'm arguing against can understand me - but you often claim you write for us atheists. If that's the case, no need to change language, since we all understand what you're talking about - and no need to defend the use against believers.
Yet it's one of the reasons I don't consider Dawkins a very good speaker. He doesn't speak to be understood by Christians - he makes rather complicated arguments that only people of a certain background can understand. That's fine if his goal is preaching to the choir, but not super useful if he's going to reach out to non-atheists.
Hitchens himself attempted to do just that - he took his book through the Bible belt, enjoying every fight. I quite admire him.
Hitchens was a professional.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#581713 Aug 30, 2013
Adam wrote:
And the likeness of those who are homosexuals or who support homosexuals is as the likeness of one who shouts unto that which hears naught except a call and a cry; deaf, dumb; blind, wherefore they understand not.
Actually it's like this:

The Noble Quran; Al-Baqarah Sura

2:171. And the likeness of those who disbelieve, is as that of him who shouts to the (flock of sheep) that hears nothing but calls and cries.(They are) deaf, dumb and blind. So they do not understand.

It takes an infidel to tell you what your own holy book actually says.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#581714 Aug 30, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya kin put me in any list ye like.
Ok, Yer in my top secret list.

“True Blue”

New Holland

#581715 Aug 30, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to hell when you die?
ALL HOMOSEXUALS AND LESBIANS GO TO HELL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jVq_J9AaDg8XX
See you there!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“True Blue”

New Holland

#581716 Aug 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sez who?
(Wait for it, folks.)
Another religious nut. Here she is:
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/article...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#581717 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
It's quite possible both are true.
Let's hope not.

Abstract entities are not that hard to understand.

Could they have an opinion on "the media"?

How about "the government"?

How about "big business"?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#581718 Aug 30, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
And who cast the first stone Annie.....
You did when you accused me of raping my daughter over a year ago.

Everyone knows you area a scumbag.

“True Blue”

New Holland

#581719 Aug 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you would try to keep child molesters you thought were guilty but never asked out of prison for money so they could molest more children doesn't mean everybody is like you.
What if someone came to a photographer and said they wanted him to take sexually suggestive pictures involving children? But the children would be clothed so technically it would be legal. Would you take pictures of someone posing in a way as to suggest they were performing a sex act on a child? Sounds like of course you would. Because you don't feel personally morality has any place in business or work
Whether others agree with the man's personal moral code is besides the point. Whether his code offends others is besides the point. He should have a right to decide what content he takes pictures of. It is not the same as denying service to the public. Someone is looking to hire him and he has a right not to take the job. He is a freelancer. How do you not understand the difference? You can't force someone to work for someone they don't want to. Or shouldn't be able to anyway
Some people actually draw a line at what they think is right. I know you have no such line but others do. And it isn't necessary everyone agrees with everyone else. A service industry based on content and art(be it pictures, drawing, statues, etc) should be something individuals contractors have a right to decide for themselves what they feel is acceptable.
Drag the children into it, hey? That still makes yours a totally irrelevant argument.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#581720 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the makeup and cigarettes that throw most people off.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#581721 Aug 30, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's like this:
The Noble Quran; Al-Baqarah Sura
2:171. And the likeness of those who disbelieve, is as that of him who shouts to the (flock of sheep) that hears nothing but calls and cries.(They are) deaf, dumb and blind. So they do not understand.
It takes an infidel to tell you what your own holy book actually says.
That he has the audacity to change the words of the Quran means he is going directly to Hell according to ALL denominations of Islam.

He is, in a word, damned.
huk wek fu fue

Baltimore, MD

#581722 Aug 30, 2013
Neb Senu wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the future generations would say that we were never on the moon?
goof?

you were on the moon?
you believe those fables,but you don't believe in God

you poor brain full of ashes

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#581723 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. Scar made me rethink my views. I like to write so that the person I'm arguing against can understand me - but you often claim you write for us atheists. If that's the case, no need to change language, since we all understand what you're talking about - and no need to defend the use against believers.
Yet it's one of the reasons I don't consider Dawkins a very good speaker. He doesn't speak to be understood by Christians - he makes rather complicated arguments that only people of a certain background can understand. That's fine if his goal is preaching to the choir, but not super useful if he's going to reach out to non-atheists.
Hitchens himself attempted to do just that - he took his book through the Bible belt, enjoying every fight. I quite admire him.
Have you/Scar/Ians seen the new Discovery Institute book, Darwin's Doubt, by Stephen Meyer?

Buck may be the ghostwriter: Meyer identifies the evolution flaws as absence of fossil evidence, and "engineering" of the genome. Heard the guy on Hugh Hewitt (Reagan right-winger and ardent Catholic) radio program today.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#581724 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He seems to be upset that his Hispanic boss is hiring mostly other Hispanics, according to RR.
So that kind of discrimination is bad because it's affecting a white, heterosexual male, but if you don't want to photograph gays or blacks, that's ok in RR's book.
In other words, RR's understanding of discrimination is itself discriminatory.
RR has become a complete mess.

Something is wrong with the guy.

His mental state has deteriorated recently.

He's very angry, and Topix seems to have become his outlet.

“True Blue”

New Holland

#581725 Aug 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You don't. in the first case it is none of your business and in the second case it is your duty as a citizen to contact the police.
Ah, good to see some commonsense here.

“True Blue”

New Holland

#581726 Aug 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
I have no problem with Christians. I have a problem with the hateful and immoral groups and individuals that call themselves Christians.
YES!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Buck Crick 64,038
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Steve III 653,999
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 40 min Clive 27
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 43 min Clive 80
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 47 min Rosa_Winkel 106,508
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 973,802
I want to masturebate with my friend 2 hr Bbflip 1
More from around the web