Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#581511 Aug 30, 2013
Reasons to Deny Visitation Rights.

Drug and Alcohol Abuse

Parents who abuse drugs or alcohol may be at risk for losing visitation rights to their children.

Physical, Verbal or Sexual Abuse

Parents who have been documented to be abusive toward their partner or children are at high risk of losing visitation rights with their children. Physical abuse constitutes causing physical harm to others, and is not taken lightly by courts. Such behavior may also lead to incarceration. Additionally, parents who are verbally abusive toward their children may cause emotional damage; they stand to lose visitation rights if the verbal abuse is reported. Allegations of sexual abuse may also lead to revocation of visitation rights.

Poor Choices

Parents who allow their children to engage in risky or life-threatening behavior may lose visitation rights. Such instances may include allowing children to drink alcohol in their presence or drive a car without a license.

Other Considerations

Revoking visitation rights should only be considered in extreme cases when the child's life is endangered or his physical or emotional welfare is at risk.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8411224_reasons-deny...
_______

So which is it purfesir? What did you do to cause you to lose your rights to visitation of your own child, your own flesh and blood?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#581512 Aug 30, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was Catcher...let them do it...then just like those days are long gone...so will their businesses be. They will reap their rewards in lost revenue.
I think you misunderstood my point...or maybe you think I am a bigot...I don't know...
I understand.

But it's illegal to discriminate against a protected class.

And groups are protected by the law, and must be protected, because there are bigots out there.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#581513 Aug 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your post to IANS and felt this should be pointed out.
The entire underpinning of the Christian philosophy is immoral.
The methods or variations among the denominations or individual belief-sets are irrelevant. There are blanket statements in the bible that delineate what constitutes the "unacceptables", and those statements are nothing but details. People will point to the bible and say that the Jesus! loves everyone(but you better believe or you die), that the Jesus is here to forgive people of their "sins"(but you better believe or you die), or that the Jesus! died or sacrificed himself out of an overwhelming love for everyone to "pay" for their "sin"(but you better believe or you die).
What I'm looking at is the core precept of the deity belief as put forth in the bible and we can only go by that.
The belief states that in order to be approved or accepted by the deity, you must believe in the deity. The penalty for not accepting that belief - a state of mind - is death.
That is immoral.
The core concept of Christianity is immoral. It demands that you must believe or die.
Obviously, the "supernatural" hooey, IE; eternal life et al - behind the belief - is ridiculous and I understand death is unavoidable, because I will, naturally, die.
That does not negate the immorality of that core concept of the religious/deity belief. That applies to any religion/deity belief that incorporates the same concept; Believe or die.
Everything contained within the belief, stems from that immoral concept that is the basis of the belief.
A death sentence based upon the presence of, or absence of a belief.
Again, that is an immoral concept, and underlies the entire belief set.
If you, or anyone, can point out why it isn't, I'll be fine with adjusting my opinion in regards to this.
scaritual wrote:
The core concept of Christianity is immoral. It demands that you must believe or die.
That is incorrect.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#581514 Aug 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're losing it, Skom. You're starting to sound like RR. What's with the sex stuff?
These people are wedding photographers. They can not say in their advertisements, "WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY. We only shoot White People's Weddings." That's discriminatory and it's against the law.
Yes.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#581515 Aug 30, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't really believe that Ben/g_o_d/Lamchop/purfesir can honestly answer that do you? When he ran out and abandoned his own flesh and blood child.
A child who wants nothing to do with him now and probably never will.
A child who went through life wondering why her father deserted her, shirking his responsibility to her.
A child who in every sense of the word has had to live her life being abused by a dead beat dad who selfishly thought only of himself, and to hell with a poor innocent child that he didn't give a damn about, who he ran out on like a friggen coward.
.. you are an emotional sadist ..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581516 Aug 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you refusing to build gay S&M rooms or all S&M rooms?
You included "gay" for SOME reason.
You would be discriminating regardless, but it would only be illegal if you discriminate based on a protected class.
I do not know if S&M has ever been considered as a protected class by the courts. One could argue that it's a creed, but I doubt a ruling would uphold that.
S&M was just the first thing that popped in my head.

Not sure why.

Location hidden

#581517 Aug 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You specifically said:
<quoted text>
You are quite clearly judging others on how they know the Bible. Since I don't know where you got your "knowledge of the Bible" from, I can only assume that you're judging their knowledge according to what you believe is accurate.
In other words, if someone disagrees with you about the Bible, you will claim that they "do not know their Bible."
The only Real Christian™ that exists is the one you happen to be talking to at the moment.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581518 Aug 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:

I never sued for them.
Sue???????

You would've had to sue the baby mama?!?!

Dude......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581519 Aug 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, 1/3 of the difference between mine and her mother's net income.
So I didn't lie.

Thank you.

Location hidden

#581520 Aug 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I never sued for them.
BTW, you just committed a felony.
My my how the story changes the deeper you get into your lie.

Just minutes ago it was "no you couldn't sue for your visitation rights". And now it's "I never sued for them".

You can't even keep your own lies straight from one minute to the next purfesir.

So come on purfesir step up and be a man, not the sniveling sumbag dead beat father that we know you are. Answer my post with the list of reasons to deny visitation.

Which violation did you do purfesir?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#581521 Aug 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
To be consistent, you would have to approve a restaurant owner posting a sign stating,
WE DON'T SERVE BLACK PEOPLE
Those days are long gone, Annie.
I agree with Annie, ideologically, but I don't think that freedom would best serve America.

I believe our anti-discrimination laws are needed.

I would prefer to see bigot business owners fail because of their bigotry, instead of being forced by the government to do the right thing, but we have a higher priority. We also still do not have the kind of society where a business would definitely fail for discriminatory practices.

If we truly had equality, then capitalism would work to remove discriminatory practices. We wouldn't need anti-discrimination laws. We obviously still need these laws.

Location hidden

#581522 Aug 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you are an emotional sadist ..
Yawn.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581523 Aug 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I not walked in either of your men's shoes. But if a man pays child support that does not mean there was desertion. Financial
obligation would have been meet. Visitation and holiday vacation for the child should be set down in final decree of any divorce.
And both parents should adhead to final ruling for the sake of the child. Even if visitation is done with a social worker present.
One should always keep in mind this could I done as good of a walk as that man or woman have done.
I didn't say there was desertion.

Why are you assuming they got married and subsequently divorced? He's never said that.

I have no idea what that last sentence means.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581524 Aug 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. It's a photography business. They offer services to take photographs. It isn't up to the business owner to decide that they'll take photographs of, lets say people hunting, and then deny that service because the people who are hunting, are gay, or any group that people are identified as, or are identify themselves as.
<Photographer> "Hold on, no one said I was going to be taking photos of gay people hunting the best apples in Washington, I'm out of here"
Why not?

Location hidden

#581525 Aug 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved my daughter so much that I let her mother raise her. I would never let any harm come to her.
IMHO, humans understand love more than God does.
Yeah, you know I'm a single father. Had my boy since he was 15 months old. The mother didn't even try to "fight" for custody.

I find that hard to reconcile, but at the same time I figure she must have thought I could provide or "do something" for my son better than she could and I'm good with that.

I think your decision is noble.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#581526 Aug 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
I read your post to IANS and felt this should be pointed out.
The entire underpinning of the Christian philosophy is immoral.
The methods or variations among the denominations or individual belief-sets are irrelevant. There are blanket statements in the bible that delineate what constitutes the "unacceptables", and those statements are nothing but details. People will point to the bible and say that the Jesus! loves everyone(but you better believe or you die), that the Jesus is here to forgive people of their "sins"(but you better believe or you die), or that the Jesus! died or sacrificed himself out of an overwhelming love for everyone to "pay" for their "sin"(but you better believe or you die).
What I'm looking at is the core precept of the deity belief as put forth in the bible and we can only go by that.
The belief states that in order to be approved or accepted by the deity, you must believe in the deity. The penalty for not accepting that belief - a state of mind - is death.
That is immoral.
Obviously, the "supernatural" hooey, IE; eternal life et al - behind the belief - is ridiculous and I understand death is unavoidable, because I will, naturally, die.
That does not negate the immorality of that core concept of the religious/deity belief. That applies to any religion/deity belief that incorporates the same concept; Believe or die.
Everything contained within the belief, stems from that immoral concept that is the basis of the belief.
A death sentence based upon the presence of, or absence of a belief.
Again, that is an immoral concept, and underlies the entire belief set.
If you, or anyone, can point out why it isn't, I'll be fine with adjusting my opinion in regards to this.
I think we have to throw out the imaginary baby with the bath water.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581527 Aug 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand.
But it's illegal to discriminate against a protected class.
And groups are protected by the law, and must be protected, because there are bigots out there.
These are protected groups, according to EEOC.

Equal Pay/Compensation
Genetic Information
National Origin
Pregnancy
Race/Color
Religion
Retaliation
Sex
Sexual Harassment

http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/

Which one say hetero- or homosexual?

Location hidden

#581528 Aug 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I get a potential job for a gay S&M room, I have to take it or else I'm discriminating?
You're a clown.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581529 Aug 30, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
My my how the story changes the deeper you get into your lie.
Just minutes ago it was "no you couldn't sue for your visitation rights". And now it's "I never sued for them".
You can't even keep your own lies straight from one minute to the next purfesir.
So come on purfesir step up and be a man, not the sniveling sumbag dead beat father that we know you are. Answer my post with the list of reasons to deny visitation.
Which violation did you do purfesir?
It's the drugs...

It gives him free reign to be a dick.

Or so they say.

Location hidden

#581530 Aug 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
There would probably be a gag order.
They'd get whipped pretty bad.
They'd be booted out of court.
*I know way too much about this. I should reflect*
Go to the cage and do that. Now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 28 min Tweet of the Union 104,611
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr PadMark 673,073
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Sky Writer 31 184,617
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 8 hr Chris Rather 2
Do women think men with blue eyes are more attr... (Dec '08) 9 hr Chris Rather 98
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 10 hr Rider on the Storm 4,049
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 10 hr Holy Child Jehova... 395
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 10 hr blkguylooking 471
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 hr Holy Child Jehova... 981,223
More from around the web