Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#580010 Aug 28, 2013
14th October, 1941, midday:

Hitler: "The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.... Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse.......the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little.... Christianity the liar.... We'll see to it that the Churches cannot spread abroad teachings in conflict with the interests of the State." (Bormann 1953, pp. 49-52).

This same, intense hatred... the accusers not knowing the depths of where this disgust for Christianity comes from... it still prevails against our beliefs to this day. From the Hebrew to the Jew to the Christian... and in a spiritual sense, here's why.... See next post.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#580011 Aug 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of waiting...

Today’s scholars can only use the known, that is historical reigning Roman Emperors as a reference in determining dates.

So, since your Bible clearly and unambiguously claims that Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the King, then he, Jesus, had to have been born no later than 4 B.C.

Irony meter goes boom!

Jesus could only have been born a minimum of four years before the birth of Jesus?

After you stop laughing though, consider the import of this paradox.
Ok but I might be laughing for awhile.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#580012 Aug 28, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>This reply may come across as disrespectful but I'm not trying to be in this particular instance... but Christianity will continue to survive no matter who comes or goes. It will continue to have it's ebbs and flows... but it will go on just as life goes on no matter who passes away. Hitler wanted to see Christianity die a slow death but his was a quick one!
I don't find that disrespectful at all.
Why would I ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#580013 Aug 28, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretending again, goofy.
Anyone with a lick of sense whose been following along knows you posted nonsense, got called on it, and rather than manning up to your ignorance began whining, name-calling, plagiarizing low-brow sources, lying, pretending, and generally acting the fool.
But, hey, it's fools like you who make this place fun.
Thanks once a gain for proving once again that you are a pathological liar.

You should get help for your mental illness.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#580014 Aug 28, 2013
Hate Speech From The Pulpit

A North Carolina pastor is using his pulpit to say gays and lesbians should be put in an electrified pen “to kill them off.”

And Pastor Charles Worley claims his sermons are rooted in the Bible. But Bruce Feiler says Worley and others who preach a similar message are cherry-picking Biblical passages to play to their base.

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2012/06/07/preachi...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#580015 Aug 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>So at what point in your life did you lose your balls?

You were raised by a single mother, huh?
What would that have to do with loss of balls?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#580016 Aug 28, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the info Aura, it is appreciated and gives added perspective - but there are way more seed bearing plants than non-seed bearing. I'm not entirely sure why you would go into the complete opposite direction than of my original question to Lacez and give the basis of a few non-seed bearing plants when compared to the seed-bearing ones..
Possibly other than your info about the theory of the most primitive plants you provided... it still doesn't address my original question of "which came first in the plant kingdom... the plant itself or the seed?
It does if you look at what was said, put another way..
Plants evolved from algae which reproduced first asexually by division, multi-celled algae evolved the ability to reproduce sexually.
So if aquatic non seeding plants life first evolved from algae then slowly adapted the ability to reproduce sexually and then to produce seed, then which came first?

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/463...

#580017 Aug 28, 2013
"Then the dragon (the devil) was enraged at the woman (Israel) and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring (Jews & Gentiles who truly believe in Christ)—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus..." Revelation 12:17

It is this same anti-Christ spirit that would use others unbeknownst to them t perform this anti-Christian operation.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#580018 Aug 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the only logic someone with your limited capacity to think can understand.
Yes indeed you are a fool.
Projection? Lol
Detection!
Do I have your permission to publish your email address?
I don't want to infringe on your copyright or plagiarize...
More dishonesty and nonsense from a fool.

Thieving from Yahoo Answers.

What a hoot.

Dimwit.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#580019 Aug 28, 2013
Christian against Hate Crimes Laws:

We oppose HR 1592 “Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention ACT of 2007.” Our position is that this legislation is indefinable, constitutionally suspect, unfair, un-American, and unnecessary.

I represent clergymen and people of faith from the Christian community who are making a stand for religious liberty. We have called this meeting to announce a major national campaign to protect the right of the Christian church to preach the gospel.

Seems saying "Kill all the Gays, Jews and Ni__ers." falls under freedom of religion.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/hate-crimes...

#580020 Aug 28, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't find that disrespectful at all.
Why would I ?
I thought perhaps it would sound too controversial.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#580021 Aug 28, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks once a gain for proving once again that you are a pathological liar.
You should get help for your mental illness.
Please provide evidence of this.

I've already provided evidence of you lying:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

But you keep making claims that lack any support.

Why is that?

Goofy.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#580022 Aug 28, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
14th October, 1941, midday:
Hitler: "The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.... Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse.......the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little.... Christianity the liar.... We'll see to it that the Churches cannot spread abroad teachings in conflict with the interests of the State." (Bormann 1953, pp. 49-52).
This same, intense hatred... the accusers not knowing the depths of where this disgust for Christianity comes from... it still prevails against our beliefs to this day. From the Hebrew to the Jew to the Christian... and in a spiritual sense, here's why.... See next post.
Like Stalin, I understand Hitler and agree with many of his points. I do not agree at all with his methods.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#580023 Aug 28, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
That sums up all your posts.

It's about time yo realized it.

When is your mommy coming home ? Did you hide the soap ?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#580024 Aug 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it a rest with all that racist crap, will you?
You're asking ME to stop with the "racist crap"?

Look.

You have told us about racism in your family.

You proudly identify yourself as a redneck.

Recently, you spoke of your white skin, blue eyes, and blond hair.

You followed that up with prattle about your "White pride."

And now you're telling us how you're fomenting racial strife in your workplace: You're reporting a Hispanic who doesn't hire enough whites to your liking.

Be careful, herr RR, you're revealing a lot of symptoms.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#580025 Aug 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I have been over there...and I aint seen none of these wanna be fake atheists over there with thousands of writing against Islam. Bunch of Sham Atheists.
This has been explained before...

Most of us...if not all of us...were raised in a Christian family, community, country...Christianity is what has...is...will continue to be...the faith that has the most impact on our lives. It is only logical that Christianity is the faith that most of us will discuss.

If there comes a time that another faith affects my life more than Christianity does then that will probably be the faith that I will discuss. Up to this point any other faith has had little impact on my life compared to the impact that Christianity has had.

I think if you compare the impact that Christianity has on this country to any other set of beliefs...you will find that Christianity far exceeds the impact of most other faiths combined.

Besides Trifecta...Christianity is the religion that most of us including myself knows far more about.

I am not sure why you are having such a hard time understanding this but I hope this will help.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#580026 Aug 28, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
"Then the dragon (the devil) was enraged at the woman (Israel) and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring (Jews & Gentiles who truly believe in Christ)—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus..." Revelation 12:17
It is this same anti-Christ spirit that would use others unbeknownst to them t perform this anti-Christian operation.
I understand your sentiments. It is the same way I believe Paul is the Anti-Christ. Neither of us can prove our beliefs though.

I must ask, who told you the "dragon" is 'the devil'. the "woman" is Israel and "her offspring" are Jews and Gentiles ?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#580027 Aug 28, 2013
Ernest Renan, French historian, religious scholar and linguist

“All history is incomprehensible without Christ.”

“Whatever may be the surprises of the future, Jesus will never be surpassed.”
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#580028 Aug 28, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That sums up all your posts.
It's about time yo realized it.
When is your mommy coming home ? Did you hide the soap ?
Is that all you got, fool?

Really?

Idiots about. But you win the grand prize.

Oh, hey, I'm still waiting for you to back up your claim that Beck's book on Mithraism is about Southern Baptists.

You forget your homework again?
Imhotep

Winter Garden, FL

#580029 Aug 28, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thieving from Yahoo Answers.
What a hoot.
Dimwit.
Your dimwit requests an answer to publish your email address.

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Waiting...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min WasteWater 280,905
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Seentheotherside 641,768
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 18,711
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min The Hangman 970,067
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min River Tam 38,475
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 15 min Classic 3,623
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min Seentheotherside 104,746
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min LAWEST100 44,421
More from around the web