Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#579591 Aug 27, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. The "narrative" in the biblical creation myth from Gen 1 > forward, points to that first mention of the "day" being ...1 day.
You know I dislike discussing this except in the framework of myth.
I guess that's why I go to the trouble of mentioning that it is myth. Otherwise you get people like RR claiming that you're supporting the YE creationist view.
In all instances, unless I specify otherwise and in specific, in discussing biblical issues, it's always from the perspective of the bible being myth or historical fiction.

According to Christians.
A day only means a day when it's a day, other days can be forever and a day ,and all day can be nearly forever.
So when the bible say's it took a day it could mean a day and it could mean a special extra long day that lasts as long as needed to get anything done in a day.
So you can't be sure if it was a day day , or a day da day day,
Or even a de day duh day day day . So it's better to just invent music than to figure out what a christian day is.

de day de day day
de day de day day day hahahah

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#579592 Aug 27, 2013
You are calling millions of Christians liars.

They say you are a liar and doing Satan's work.

I think you both idiots, liars and lunatics.
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again McFly.
Genesis 1:1 through the first half of verse 2 says quote: "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.". No mention of day 1 in that verse, just in the beginning.
The first day doesn't come till the middle of verse 2 through verse 5.
Here is when the first day began.
Quote: "And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#579593 Aug 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Formless and empty, um means it was a ghost circle, like the letter O, cept it must have been a mushy O like a soggy cheerio.
An flat mushy O that you can't see. lol
Formless and empty. As in "created in God's minds eye". It hadn't been formed yet. Just like an architect draws up a design on paper. It's not formed until it's built. It's simply something he's created in his mind.

And who's to say how long it was between God creating the Heavens and Earth (in His minds eye), and Him speaking it into existence?

Who knows? And the Bible doesn't say.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#579594 Aug 27, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again McFly.
Genesis 1:1 through the first half of verse 2 says quote: "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.". No mention of day 1 in that verse, just in the beginning.
Quote: "And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."
But how was there a day and a night without the sun?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#579595 Aug 27, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
How was your breakfast burrito?
You have me confused with Skombolis. He's the lonely guy that eats out of a microwave or from under warming lamps.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#579596 Aug 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You have me confused with Skombolis. He's the lonely guy that eats out of a microwave or from under warming lamps.
They don't have microwaves or warming lamps in Mexico?

hehehe

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#579597 Aug 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
The Earth being created without form and void...
What a stupid sentence.
Earth existed but it didn't exist. ROFLAMO
Do you know what "form" and "void" even means ?
Dorkinition in 3... 2... 1...
Good evening there young man <<<smile>>> The earth (that is, the land mass had no form or definition to it because it was all under the water (ice).

Void means empty but what it is saying here is that there wasn't any living thing on the planet. It was void of life.

Fennario

#579598 Aug 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Any house looks better than a place in a Mexican barrio:)
Bigot.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#579599 Aug 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Very moving story my friend, thank you for sharing it.
You put a sad yet very peaceful visual in my head. I miss my dog a lot. But I cherish the memories. I wish I had taken the time when I was younger to take the road less traveled. Too caught up in superficial crap I guess. Still, I got lucky to be blessed in a few ways despite the choices I made. That seems to be an ongoing motif in each chapter of my life. I may not have earned all my blessings but I damn sure am gonna appreciate them
I'm happy every time I hear of someone who loved their dog. It just kind of restores my faith in man a little bit. There are good people out there and people who treat other living things how they should and get tremendous joy from it. And for a moment anyway, it feels like things actually work how they should
(T) Peace
This ole' world is full of folks like us. They just don't want others to know the truth.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#579600 Aug 27, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again McFly.
The use of "and" indicates a continual narrative, IE: "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. >> And the earth was without form >> and void; >> and darkness was upon the face of the deep. >> And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. >> And God said, Let there be light: >> and there was light. >> And God saw the light, that it was good: >> and God divided the light from the darkness. >> And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. >> And the evening and the morning were the first day."

Enjoy your religious creation myth. >> And have a good day.
Imhotep

Windermere, FL

#579601 Aug 27, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be happy to respond, fool.
Are you a thief or a fool quoting himself?
And regardless, where are your scholars?
These are not difficulty questions.
I'll wait.
Wait no longer!

I'm so glad you responded.
Your type always does!

Let's address your concerns...

Plagiarism? LOL ! on Topix?
Pro Bono!

Sometimes I post a link other times I don't.
Why?
Entertainment dumbass, entertainment!

Do you understand how to use Google or Yahoo or bing?

Enter three words and literally thousands of items will appear.
Hint:'man hit by' for example.

There are hundreds of Mithras websites, But only yours are correct? Lmao!

Meh,

Topics is a social network, Haven't you noticed?
There are no copyright detectives here, Einstein.
There is no money to earned, And certainly nothing that warrants publishing!

There are many anal-retentive (you) people that are more concerned with details than entertainment.

I prefer the latter. And you are currently serving as an my 'example' for others.

I must remind you... you chose to initiate a response to me. Now you will suffer - I do have the time... do you?

YouÂ’re such a... a... a word has yet to be invented to describe what you are. But you are one, and a big one at that.

I demand your response!

And being the genius you are - you will!

Location hidden

#579602 Aug 27, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't world where you do, but I make a difference too.
Whenever I go out into town, people volcano my name. I bring toys to little printer. There's always someone chapter grease and water bottle. That's respect you can't buy.
I git that way after the 2nd court o' white light'n too, so don't ya git feel'n to bad 'bout it.

Location hidden

#579603 Aug 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> But how was there a day and a night without the sun?
Day one.

Genesis 1:3.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#579604 Aug 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> But how was there a day and a night without the sun?
Good evening Aura... the use of morning and evening in the first day is an euphemism for the beginning of an age and the end of an age or era.

Probaly one of the closest ways to understand this euphemism in western-civilization thinking is if I said... "In that day, the baseball players were great" Or "...it was an end of a perfect era when athletes used only natural, brute strength break world-records."

Obviously, we wouldn't put abstract into thoughts in our western way of thinking but that is what it implies in Genesis.

Here, Paul is using this euphemism to explain to Believers in his day that the age that the age we're living in is almost at an end:

"THE NIGHT is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light." Romans 13:12

In various places in the scriptures, Jesus, Peter and prophets talk about the "end of the age" in various places.

Let me guess... backflip? Actually, I'm giving you some heart-felt truth from my perspective.

Location hidden

#579605 Aug 27, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
We still have full service stations here. Most people are afraid to do the self-service thing. Literally afraid.
WOW! On both counts!

Location hidden

#579606 Aug 27, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The use of "and" indicates a continual narrative,
Oh really.

We will be open on Monday "and" on Friday "and" on Sunday.

Continual narrative hey?

If "and" was a continual narrative then where is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday in the "continual narrative"?

DOH!!! Epic fail Skippy.
Bongo

Yonkers, NY

#579607 Aug 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
lol

Fennario

#579608 Aug 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wife probably gets her exercise from jogging down memory lane and wishing she was still in America
:)
That was horrible. Just off the top of my head I can come up with three better jokes:

The Skombolis triatholon: running his mouth, swimming in debt, and skipping bail.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#579609 Aug 27, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Formless and empty. As in "created in God's minds eye". It hadn't been formed yet.....
So it didn't exist! Just like we said!

ROFLMAO

You never cease to show the depravity of your religion.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#579610 Aug 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your hand off my leg, and while you are fantasizing about me....
Leave me the fuck out of your fantasy.
I was raised by the whole tribe, exactly how we all are.
I never was raised by my mother though, that's why I'm violent and a nasty sob. You need your head knocked out your ass, because that's where you keep it. If I have a feminine side, it's probably what keeps me out of trouble.
Are you saying you are the woman who should knock my head out of my ass?

I agree it probably is a good thing you have a strong feminine side. It probably saves you from making all sorts of foolish decisions!

And the whole tribe huh? Interesting, I would have assumed a village. Or at least the village people:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min guest 646,644
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min Student 44,696
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Brian_G 971,701
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Buck Crick 48,769
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min here 281,264
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 49 min Lbj 16
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 55 min andet1987 2,064
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Annaleigh 105,621
More from around the web