<quoted text>
More misogyny.
That wasn't misogyny.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#579365 Aug 27, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You would not make a good private detective.
I think I would:)

Although in this case I wouldn't need to

He clearly wasn't a trail lawyer

Even Catcher is trying to back-pedel and say he used to do it

That isn't what he was claiming when he got here

Maybe its better on this one to just accept you don't have the complete story? Defending the point just looks like the same ol circle the wagons that has quite truthfully made more than a few of you guys look quite silly. And why nobody bats an eye that certain people would lie on Topix

Just saying

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#579366 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But society doesn't dictate morality. Ultimately, it comes from self.
Perhaps for the Stalins and Hitlers of the world, but those people make up less than 0.000000000001 percent. Most people take their morals from their social lives and maturation.
Sorry, I have to disagree. Those "social constructs" are due, in part, by God's influence on people. Whether you believe in a god or not, gods DO have influence over people's thoughts and actions.
You just argued my point - gods are social constructs; imagined beings made real through the social.

So, yes, either way, their influence on morality is necessarily through cultural construction.
No, you are correct. I have felt God's presence and I have heard His voice.
In my mind, it is unmistakable.
Your actions - well, you're writing, to be honest - are indistinguishable from you having had a purely bodily experience that you have been trained to interpret as a religious experience, as if your deity is real.

People have mushroom trips that deeply affect them. And, like you, their morality isn't made distinguishable from anyone else.

That is to say, I cannot see God through you. I see no access to divinity, no perfection, no deeper sense of one's place in relation to the Creator of the Universe. Humanity, yes, but no divinity.
Some are. Some Christians are some moral, people like you would say it's interfering with their 'natural' life.
No, I would not make that claim. How is it not natural to be a Christian?
Are all Christians more moral than non-Christians? Absolutely not. It's all about self.
That's the problem I'm getting at.
"In contact" is so wrong. I've heard His voice ONE time.
Apply that to people. Say you contacted a long lost relative 12 years ago, and that 'contact' was a two-word converstation. Would you consider yourself "in contact" with that relative?
I come from an ancestor ... ah, honoring people. If I had actually heard Granddad from beyond the grave, I'd wonder a few things:

1. Am I hallucinating? Am I having a stroke? Do I feel more religious than usual? Left side neglect? 1, 2, 3, 4 ok, everything's working...

2. What did Granddad say? Did he say "Hey, Hiding, get your fat ass off that stupid website and get to work!" If so, and I could find no fault in me, and I believed the experience was real, I think I'd have to honor his request.
That is, of course, possible.
For now, that is something you can't provide any evidence for, your encultered, non-god mind, tells you it's just a misinterpretation.
I think if a person comes from a position of religion, then:

1. religion is unlearned through harsh questioning
2. atheism is learned through exploration

For those atheists who grow up atheist, I'd say that they were encultured, yes. For those atheists who grow up Christian but leave it, I think I'd want to invoke a different word just to be as specific as possible - there might be different mechanisms at work during developmental socialization and adult socialization.
As far as the morality of "good and evil" goes, I agree with you. Most Christians are exactly like most atheists in that they don't inflict harm on others, regardless of sex, race, religion, non-religion, nationality or otherwise.
Shouldn't that be a problem for you? Quite clearly "God" doesn't have a great impact on Christians if they are just like anyone else. In fact, the impact would have to be zero if Christians are just like anyone else. That tells us something about the actual, objective reality of a particular deity. It's either impotent or imagined (or social reality, or subjective reality). I'm going with the latter because all believers similarly experience their deities as real - and they aren't any more moral than you or I.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#579367 Aug 27, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I don't believe you.
So?
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

#579368 Aug 27, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
More childish nonsense from a poster who took a beating but can't man up to it.
Sqeeeeeeel! Oink!

I Laugh at your incompetence!

Can you be any more redundant?

<belches brewskis>

Come on squeal more, I enjoy it ;)
Oink!

Where are all those links I requested?
Afraid to show your ignorance? You're hollow arguments? Opinion posters!

Even Mithras thinks you're hilarious !
Krishna and Horus also agree!

I am Imhotep® and I appreciate you subservience!

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#579369 Aug 27, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Wrong Skippy. How can your "genealogy of Adam" laughable theory be used to determine the age of the Earth when Adam wasn't even around when God created the Heavens and the Earth in Genesis 1:1. Epic fail Grasshopper!!!

The Orderly wrote:
Yeah. You'd be off by most of a week using that method.

Red Apples wrote:
Wrong Orderly.

There could have been hundreds of thousands of years between Genesis 1:1 when God created the Heavens and Earth and Genesis 1:2. Which would also mean there could have been hundreds of thousands of years between Genesis 1:1 when God created the Heavens and Earth and when Adam was made.

So like Skippy, epic fail.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#579370 Aug 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Right, its gasoline, not nitrogen!
Well, people tend to be nervous doing anything they aren't used to.
Although I am used to be around some very well-to-do people and I honestly don't think they could survive a full day on their own. Don't get me wrong, money can make life a lot easier but it seems like being born into too much of it can have its disadvantages. I think 25 would be a great age to come into a lot of money
Its cool you lived abroad. I think travel is huge when it comes to people being more self-sufficient and tolerant. Plus nobody can teach life-experience. I am not a huge fan of change and normally was resistant to travel. Fortunately i hung out with people who always pressed until I gave in. But i needed notice! But anyway, of the memories I have that I look back on fondly, it seems almost all my travel experiences are in there
(T) Peace
Where did you travel?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#579371 Aug 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was raised by two wonderful, sensitive, caring, intelligent parents. I can't begin to describe how much I owe to them.
Well they clearly didn't teach you about irony or humor

Because not only RR's joke went right over your head, ironically you proved his point with your no-ball attempt to manipulate sentiment

"Ooooh, I'm gushing. RR was trying to be mean to Catcher and such a gentlemen he talks about how wonderful his parents were"

I'm sure that impresses a lot of grandmothers. To a guy who is joking around with you, it just makes you look like a guy with no nads:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#579372 Aug 27, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
How can your "genealogy of Adam" laughable theory be used to determine the age of the Earth when Adam wasn't even around when God created the Heavens and the Earth in Genesis 1:1.
Becuase the time between Adam and the creation of the Univrse was only six days according to the Bible.

Are you a pathological liar or just an evil POS ? I am going with the latter. Most do. Please prove us wrong.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#579373 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The door swings both ways, would you not agree?
If a man makes a comment like I did, he's immediately chastised and labeled a misogynist.
But when a women makes a comment like you did, it's eerily acceptable and no misandry is mentioned.
That's why I called you a misandrist (followed by a :p), to try and point out the hypocrisy of it all.
Also, that's why I made the comedian analogy.
Is this what we, as a society, call fair & equal?
Thoughts?
I say this not as an atheist but a human being. One among billions.

Do you understand there are places in the U.S., where a black man still feels uncomfortable looking you in the eye? And almost literally every other word is "sir"? Places where women are still thought of and treated as lesser humans?

Once you've suffered the travails and hardships that minorities, women and others not white and male in American society have, then you - might - have a point.

Until then, you come across as a misogynistic, racist, and ignorant redneck.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#579374 Aug 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm hardly worried, but didn't want silence to be interpreted as a concession to "accusations" of being a mountebank.
Well, I know the truth, Mr. President. But don't you worry, I'm not telling anyone.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#579375 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The door swings both ways, would you not agree?
If a man makes a comment like I did, he's immediately chastised and labeled a misogynist.
But when a women makes a comment like you did, it's eerily acceptable and no misandry is mentioned.
That's why I called you a misandrist (followed by a :p), to try and point out the hypocrisy of it all.
Also, that's why I made the comedian analogy.
Is this what we, as a society, call fair & equal?
Thoughts?
.. let's keep this simple ..

"cuz women are dumb and men exploit that."
"cuz blacks are dumb and whites exploit them."
"cuz Jews are vermin and the master race must exploit them."
"cuz Tutsis are the scum of the earth and the Rwandan Hutus must exploit and exterminate them."

.. all of the above statements are nauseating; three have nothing to do with gender ..

.. specifically, your posts represents an ideology that encourages the degradation of women and perpetuates violence based on gender ..

.. you have the right to exercise free speech on Topix; I have a duty to strongly object to rhetoric that degrades, demeans or oppresses any portion of humanity ..

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#579377 Aug 27, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<whisper>
(rr...you've used the phrase 'red herring' incorrectly twice now)
<looks around>
(just trying to help you out, buddy)
I've gotten tired of pointing it out to him.

Remember that guy I told you about that never could get it right?

STRAW HERRING!

RED MAN!

Yeah.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#579378 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A mom n dad?
Yes.

Any more questions?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#579379 Aug 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. for me, addressing Skom's fantasy allegations is pointless ..
I do it for the exercise:
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx15/INCUm...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#579380 Aug 27, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
great post. That would be my response to you about my beliefs.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#579381 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh.
I don't go to church now.
That doesn't mean I've never been to church.
Then how do you know what is being preached in any church lately since you stopped going.
At least atheists post links to hundreds of hatefilled sermons.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#579382 Aug 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't talking about when it took root in Rome.....
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, goofy, you found a link to this yet?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting from Chess Jurist:.....the Mysteries of Mithras in the context of the culture and religions of imperial Rome.....

And NOT on the origns of the religion in Persia 500 yeasrs earlier.
You are a retard as awell as constant liar.
You're confused, Dilbert.

But thank you for making my point.

Despite your claim that I wasn't "talking about when it took root in Rome" and your inability to provide a link to that effect, now you are quoting me, in fact, talking about "the Mysteries of Mithras in the context of the culture and religions of imperial Rome".

Looks as though *you* are the "retard as awell [sic] as constant liar", eh?

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#579383 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That source gave you your "many more" that you asked for.
And instead of focusing on the contet, you focused on the source.
When you know the content can be scrutinized.
You chose not to.
That's your bad.
I'm not going to wade through Conservapedia when it's a bad source to begin with.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#579384 Aug 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect.
RH' s entire personality, captured in a short, single post.
He's such a fine Christian!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min ChristineM 838,633
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min June VanDerMark 590,181
The Price of Oil and the Dollar 42 min sara moor 4
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 51 min Just Think 99,974
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 56 min Rinku84 93
Are afghans and turks white? (May '09) 1 hr Rajesh 444
Miami homes for sale Sandra Osorio 1 hr sandraosorio 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 4,386
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Halle Berry Sister 176,947
More from around the web