Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem obsessed with winning is if you were in a contest. LOL What is the score? Seventh inning stretch? Halftime show coming up with you and stinky?
Fool? Indeed thou art! This is God's gift to me and I thank her!
Are you still playing a game or just waiting for your boyfriend, Stinky?
There is no winner. There is no loser.
There is only commentary, nothing more.
Have you always been this obtuse or is today special?
"You never see animals going through the absurd and often horrible fooleries of magic and religion. Only man behaves with such gratuitous folly. It is the price he has to pay for being intelligent but not, as yet, intelligent enough." ~Aldous Huxley
Bruised ego.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

UIdiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
[edited for space]

So, what has happened to turn the most peace-loving institution the world has ever known (the New Testament church) into the biggest cheerleaders for war? I’m talking about un-provoked, illegal, unconstitutional, unbiblical–even secret–wars of aggression. The biggest cheerleaders for the unprovoked, unconstitutional, pre-emptive attack and invasion of Iraq were evangelical Christians. Ditto for the war in Afghanistan, the bombing of Libya, the attacks in Yemen, etc. Who is calling for the bombing of Iran? Evangelical Christians. Who cheers for sending more and more troops all over the world to maim and kill more and more people (including innocents)? Evangelical Christians. Shoot (pun intended)! Most evangelical Christians didn’t even bat an eye when the federal government sent military and police personnel to murder American citizens, including old men, women, and children–Christian old men, women, and children, no less–outside Waco, Texas.
And where are today’s evangelical Christians giving a second thought regarding their fellow Christian brothers and sisters in many of these Middle Eastern countries that are being persecuted, imprisoned, tortured, and killed by the puppet regimes being put in power by the US government–at US taxpayer (including Christian taxpayer) expense? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but more Christians have been persecuted under the US-imposed regime in Iraq than were ever persecuted when Saddam Hussein was in power. Oh! And don’t forget that it was the US government that was responsible for putting Saddam Hussein in power to begin with. The US government set up Osama bin Laden, too. But I digress.
In addition to the “white” wars (the ones everyone knows about), the US government authorizes some 70 black ops commando raids in some 120 countries EVERY DAY. In fact, the secret, black ops military of the US is so large today it now totals more personnel than the ENTIRE MILITARY OF CANADA!
A recent report noted,“In 120 countries across the globe, troops from Special Operations Command carry out their secret war of high-profile assassinations, low-level targeted killings, capture/kidnap operations, kick-down-the-door night raids, joint operations with foreign forces, and training missions with indigenous partners as part of a shadowy conflict unknown to most Americans. Once ‘special’ for being small, lean, outsider outfits, today they are special for their power, access, influence, and aura.”
America’s secret wars,
http://tinyurl.com/3q7s335
Thanks for that.

Of course, that moral value - that behavior promoting peace is preferable to picking fights - is older than Jesus.

What I am asking these Christians is what valuable moral advice Jesus originally contributed to the world. I think I already know the answer.

The matter of whether the Christians actually embody those values is a separate issue. I have argued before that not only are humanist values superior on paper, but that humanists are superior at teaching, learning, and living those values as well. That is, not only are Christian values either stolen or shabby, but that they can't seem to live even those as your citation attests.

Blessed are the peacemakers indeed. Meh.
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruised ego.
Don't feel bad it happens to everyone. ;)

Give yourself One quick pat on the back, a sincere 'attaboy' and your bruised ego will recover.

;)

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
"God to me is a mystery but is the explanation for the miracle of existence, why there is something instead of nothing."
Alan Sandage
God is the answer for why there is something instead of nothing? You don't see the problem with that, do you?

Arguments like that reinforce my thoughts about faith.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't feel bad it happens to everyone. ;)
Give yourself One quick pat on the back, a sincere 'attaboy' and your bruised ego will recover.
;)
Damage pride.

Still can't get over that beating you took, eh?

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

I'm happy to remind folks of it.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
Usted está teniendo demasiado divertido jugando con sus víctimas!
;)

That one I could understand.
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that.
Of course, that moral value - that behavior promoting peace is preferable to picking fights - is older than Jesus.
What I am asking these Christians is what valuable moral advice Jesus originally contributed to the world. I think I already know the answer.
The matter of whether the Christians actually embody those values is a separate issue. I have argued before that not only are humanist values superior on paper, but that humanists are superior at teaching, learning, and living those values as well. That is, not only are Christian values either stolen or shabby, but that they can't seem to live even those as your citation attests.
Blessed are the peacemakers indeed. Meh.
Me voy a casa, Doc.
Jobs concluyen este viernes.

Estará de regreso en los Estados Unidos - Creo que Carolina del Norte en algún momento de octubre.

Oy vey!

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
LOL Ians ya big dummy, you still think your delusions are real!
You´re the Christian.
Skombolis wrote:
And my factory could be on fire and buried in rubble from an earthquake and it would still be better than your Mexican slum.
Bigot.
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Damage pride.
Still can't get over that beating you took, eh?
I'm happy to remind folks of it.
Yes I think it's enjoyable! Please don't stop!

Frankly I don't think you brag about yourself enough. I enjoy keeping you at the end of my leash.

Y'all come back now ya hear?

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgement. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts." ~Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
We still have full service stations here. Most people are afraid to do the self-service thing. Literally afraid.
U still do have some driveway service here. Only in some country towns, where old fashioned hospitality prevails.

I was filling up for my mother as a teenager. Petrol can be very dangerous, that's true. She taught me to respect it, like electricity and hot stoves.
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Skippy.
How can your "genealogy of Adam" laughable theory be used to determine the age of the Earth when Adam wasn't even around when God created the Heavens and the Earth in Genesis 1:1.
Epic fail Grasshopper!!!
Care to try again?
_______
And while you're at it, please feel free to dazzle us with your biblical knowledge by telling us how much time elapsed between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2.
We'll all be waiting Skippy.
Speaking of waiting...

Today’s scholars can only use the known, that is historical reigning Roman Emperors as a reference in determining dates.

So, since your Bible clearly and unambiguously claims that Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the King, then he, Jesus, had to have been born no later than 4 B.C.

Irony meter goes boom!

Jesus could only have been born a minimum of four years before the birth of Jesus?

After you stop laughing though, consider the import of this paradox.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
"Conservapedia is a joke"
https://www.google.com/search...
But, hey, Conservapedia is rewriting the bible, so maybe you'll like that.
http://conservapedia.com/Conservative_Bible_P...
Red herring.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
When you gotta lie as an anonymous poster online, that's about as pitiful as it can get.
I'll bet the house you own looks good with your university diploma on the wall.
Skombolis wrote:
The only way it could be worse would be if you were doing it from Mexico:)
Bigot.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I think it's enjoyable! Please don't stop!
Frankly I don't think you brag about yourself enough. I enjoy keeping you at the end of my leash.
Y'all come back now ya hear?
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgement. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts." ~Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
More foolish prattle from a poster with damaged pride.
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That one I could understand.
We are finding is easier to learn to read and write first. The dialect is impossible to master.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
And my factory could be ...
That's what I thought: "Shouldn't you be napping? Nightfall will be here before you know it, and then its off to guard some warehouse or stock shelves or whatever mind-numbing, soul-crushing, unskilled, entry level job you're still doing. And step lively lest some teenager steals your job just for fun."

Enjoy.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not lying.
I am an attorney.

Criminal defense is one area in which I have practiced.

I do more than that.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another bible fabrication
I don't believe you

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You just said you don't go to Church.
Why do constantly lie ?
Ugh.

I don't go to church now.

That doesn't mean I've never been to church.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
As it stands, that is a hypothetical situation also. There is no record outside the Abrahamic writings that support that....and Exodus of over 6 million people is an absolutely fantasy.
I think it was about 4 million, but no matter.
And not one of them could read the stars well enough to find Polaris.
So they wandered around in circles in a desert 150 miles across.
For forty years.
Their lead elements should've been in Israel while the trail elements were still in Egypt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hukt on Fonix 730,542
lesbian sexting 11 min fucker5559076 7
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Anthony MN 537,286
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min USA-1 117,866
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 39 min bad bob 172,991
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 51 min GodFreeByChoice 5,344
Last Word + 2 57 min Tender Mercies 423
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Charlie Sheen 259,373

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••