Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#579340 Aug 27, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Childishness.
How's that shiner coming along, Dilbert?
Ya know I gave you ample warning.
Violence for no reason. Sucha fine Christian!

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#579341 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In a manner of speaking, yes. I don't believe a single mom has what it takes to offer a boy the lessons needed to become a strong man.
That's to say nothing of the capablity of the woman, in turn a man doesn't have what it takes to raise a little girl into a strong, proper woman.
Of course that's a high debate, just watch the hate posts that I'll get for writing this...
I'm going to have to disagree with you here, RR.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#579342 Aug 27, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then I fail to see what all the fuss is about.
<quoted text>
"A feminist advocates or supports the rights and equality of women."
So you do not support the rights and equality of women? You actually believe that women should be bought and sold as commodities?
Oh God, no. No, no, no. You misunderstand.

I don't see women as property or "under men" or anything like that. I see women as vastly different than men. We've changed it all up the past 50 years to try and make everything equal when in actuality we're very different.

Why do we need to destroy gender identities? The whole beauty of our society is that men and women are inherently different, not just biologically, but socially and cognitively.

It makes me sick how society seems to want to make men more feminine and women more masculine. Men are supposed to masculine and women are supposed to be feminine. That's our roles, both in our sexes and in our society. It is a proven effective means of progressing society, from Hercules and Aphrodite all the way Sean Connery and Marilyn Monroe and everyone in between.

Men may be the "breadwinners", but we're nearly helpless without the kindness, caring, loving and generosity that the woman provides. One look from a woman can make a man sink with shame or jump for joy with happiness.

"Make me a sammich". Not because “your place is in the kitchen, woman!”, but because I'm a lazy bastards. And I'm always grateful to you for your care.

Capiche?

Some stable somewhere

#579343 Aug 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cool they still exist
What's their concern?
Not doing it right, I guess. Making the car explode. I lived abroad for much of my driving life, so not really sure why not. I don't fully understand why people can't do what I think is pretty simple, and putting gas into your car has to be among the simplest activities on the planet. Just remember not to light any dynamite nearby and you'll be ok.

Where there are no attendants, we actually have talking gas stations that will walk you through the steps. Full of bright colors and numbers, and they even have a place for your gas cap - that's step no. 3.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#579344 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Christians claim to be in touch with a perfectly moral being"
O_o
We do??
Right.

It''s myth. You said it touched your head, didn't you? You're delusional.

Thousands of children dying, daily, and your deity took time out from overseeing that just so it could touch you.

So you could poorly represent it in the world.

hahaaa....

Some stable somewhere

#579345 Aug 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
NO fantasy
You said Catcher does have a law degree but isn't like a regular attorney
We know that HL. There are many things someone can do with a law degree besides trial law.
It was extremely obvious from the very beginning and the whole "not responsive" exchange
And top notch criminal defense attorney's aren't flown out to other countries to learn and teach and put up in men's bathhouses. They are here kicking butt on whatever case they have
Now I saw Catcher will try to claim he used to do it in order to cover for how you inadvertently threw him under the bus. But there was nothing past tense about his stories about what type of clients he accepts and what type of cases
He got caught. You helped exposed him
For that I will l always say "thanks". I told you put more orange juice in and less Vodka. This is what you end up doing to your good buddies online
But hey, it couldn't have happened to a nicer fella. I remember when he used to come here and I would ignore 12-15 posts from him at a time. And your little contest. I bet you guys are thrilled I finally decided to play
Talk about your buffoons:)
You would not make a good private detective.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#579346 Aug 27, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't have any links.
"IN THAT unknown epoch when the ancestors of the Persians were still united with those of the Hindus, they were already worshippers of Mithra. The hymns of the Vedas celebrated his name, as did those of the Avesta, and despite the differences obtaining between the two theological systems of which these books were the expression, the Vedic Mitra and the Iranian Mithra have preserved so many traits of resemblance that it is impossible to entertain any doubt concerning their common origin. Both religions saw in him a god of light, invoked together with Heaven, bearing in the one case the name of Varuna and in the other that of Ahura; in ethics he was recognized as the protector of truth, the antagonist of falsehood and error. But the sacred poetry of India has preserved of him an obscured memory only. A single fragment, and even that partially effaced, is all that has been specially dedicated to him. He appears mainly in incidental allusions,--the silent witnesses of his ancient grandeur. Still, though his physiognomy is not so distinctly."

http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/mom/mom04.htm

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#579347 Aug 27, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Conservapedia is a joke.
Use a source that is legitimate.
Or don't.
That source gave you your "many more" that you asked for.

And instead of focusing on the contet, you focused on the source.

When you know the content can be scrutinized.

You chose not to.

That's your bad.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#579348 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So at what point in your life did you lose your balls?
You were raised by a single mother, huh?
I was raised by two wonderful, sensitive, caring, intelligent parents. I can't begin to describe how much I owe to them.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#579349 Aug 27, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
.....the Mysteries of Mithras in the context of the culture and religions of imperial Rome.....
And NOT on the origns of the religion in Persia 500 yeasrs earlier.

You are a retard as awell as constant liar.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#579351 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So at what point in your life did you lose your balls?
You were raised by a single mother, huh?
More misogyny.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#579352 Aug 27, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of waiting...
Today’s scholars can only use the known, that is historical reigning Roman Emperors as a reference in determining dates.
So, since your Bible clearly and unambiguously claims that Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the King, then he, Jesus, had to have been born no later than 4 B.C.
Irony meter goes boom!
Jesus could only have been born a minimum of four years before the birth of Jesus?
After you stop laughing though, consider the import of this paradox.
What does BC/AD have to do with the Bible?

Nothing, it was a concept that has nothing to do with the Bible at all.

And it was conceived by someone that had nothing to do with the Bible.

So no paradox there at all.

The fact that you think there is a paradox is indeed hilarious, and I laugh about it ever time you post it.

Too funny!!!
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#579353 Aug 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Violence for no reason. Sucha fine Christian!
You're pretending.

And lying.

Not the first time for either, eh?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#579354 Aug 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if its despicable to wish death on another and say they would be happy to piss on a grave?....
I would happily piss on Stalin, Hitler and Mussolini's graves.

I suppose you prefered them alive.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#579355 Aug 27, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist - one who disbelieves in deities.
Me: All deities are fiction. Imagined things. There are no deities. All available evidence demonstrates this.
You: Apparently not super clear on the English word "atheist." I suspect it's not because English is your second language, but because intelligence is something forever out of your reach.
I don't believe you.

Until you or anyone here that calls themselves an atheist can show me where you all have written thousands of writings against Islam which has just as much influence or more in the world today as Christianity---you're all phony wanna be atheist hypocrites.

Your indignation against the Muslim God should be just as powerful as your indignation against the Christian God. And that lack of balance tells me you believe the Muslim God to be a myth but are scared to crap the Christian God is real, so you lash out against the Christian God everyday to try and soothe your Fear.

You think everyone is as Stupid as you "atheist".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#579356 Aug 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was raised by two wonderful, sensitive, caring, intelligent parents. I can't begin to describe how much I owe to them.
A mom n dad?

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#579358 Aug 27, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I have real troubles believing that you'd worry about what a non-lawyer thinks of your specialization based on their interpretation of your posts on topix.
I know you a little better :)
I'm hardly worried, but didn't want silence to be interpreted as a concession to "accusations" of being a mountebank.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#579359 Aug 27, 2013
scaritual wrote:

Right.
It''s myth. You said it touched your head, didn't you? You're delusional.
Uh-huh... So if you shook a strangers hand once, and never again, all of a sudden you and that stranger are 'in touch' with each other?
Thousands of children dying, daily, and your deity took time out from overseeing that just so it could touch you.
Always focusing on the dead, are you?

You do understand that many more people live rather than die, right?
So you could poorly represent it in the world.
hahaaa....
What does 'in touch' mean to you?

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#579360 Aug 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The door swings both ways, would you not agree?
If a man makes a comment like I did, he's immediately chastised and labeled a misogynist.
But when a women makes a comment like you did, it's eerily acceptable and no misandry is mentioned.
That's why I called you a misandrist (followed by a :p), to try and point out the hypocrisy of it all.
Also, that's why I made the comedian analogy.
Is this what we, as a society, call fair & equal?
Thoughts?
Yes, the door has swung.

And smacked you in the butt.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#579361 Aug 27, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not doing it right, I guess. Making the car explode. I lived abroad for much of my driving life, so not really sure why not. I don't fully understand why people can't do what I think is pretty simple, and putting gas into your car has to be among the simplest activities on the planet. Just remember not to light any dynamite nearby and you'll be ok.
Where there are no attendants, we actually have talking gas stations that will walk you through the steps. Full of bright colors and numbers, and they even have a place for your gas cap - that's step no. 3.
LOL

Right, its gasoline, not nitrogen!

Well, people tend to be nervous doing anything they aren't used to.

Although I am used to be around some very well-to-do people and I honestly don't think they could survive a full day on their own. Don't get me wrong, money can make life a lot easier but it seems like being born into too much of it can have its disadvantages. I think 25 would be a great age to come into a lot of money

Its cool you lived abroad. I think travel is huge when it comes to people being more self-sufficient and tolerant. Plus nobody can teach life-experience. I am not a huge fan of change and normally was resistant to travel. Fortunately i hung out with people who always pressed until I gave in. But i needed notice! But anyway, of the memories I have that I look back on fondly, it seems almost all my travel experiences are in there

(T) Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Aerobatty 989,927
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 33 min PROUD EX LESBIAN 42,615
Am I Starting To Like My Step-Cousin? 34 min what I do 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min kent 690,645
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 39,278
Did you know there are wolves in West Virginia (Mar '11) 3 hr Paul McCartney is... 47
Are your Topix comments helping...or hurting ot... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 6
More from around the web