Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Imhotep

Windermere, FL

#579103 Aug 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a vegetable or a mineral?
I'm from: Kolub.

It's right his past the house with the big green roof, Mickey D's is about 100 yards away.

Will that be two for dinner?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#579104 Aug 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please.
Like BenAdam's "hope you die and piss on your grave" posts last week were a 'good example' of an atheist's mentality....
They were my words and mine alone. They were directed at an individual. It was not an atheist against a Christian. It was a decent person against a vile POS.

You are still an ahole but I wouldn't wish you harm.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#579105 Aug 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't talking about when it took root in Rome....
Hey, goofy, you found a link to this yet?

Columbus, OH

#579106 Aug 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
You are a pathological liar.
Seek help, Christian.
<quoted text>
Oh my, goofy.

Dishonesty is your stock in trade, eh?
Imhotep

Windermere, FL

#579107 Aug 26, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, goofy, you found a link to this yet?
He certainly did!
You found your x-ray!

http://www.thebluething.com/media/Homer-Simps...

Columbus, OH

#579108 Aug 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Roger Beck's book " Religion of the Mithras Cult in the Roman Empire".
Has little to do with the origins of Mithras and Zoroastrianism in Persia.
You think a book about the Southern Baptist Church is going to explain Early Christianity ?
Yep. You are fluent in Gibberish.
Hey, gardener-in-the-tomb boy, I'm still wait for a link showing Beck's book is "about the Southern Baptist Church".

Ya got a quality source?

Or were you lying again?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#579109 Aug 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
He's meeting my expectations.
I tried to underestimate him.

I really did.
Imhotep

Windermere, FL

#579110 Aug 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_BFXCgm5270XX
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#579111 Aug 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey man, how ya doing? Are you gettin used to those meds yet? Feeling any better?
I managing. Made it through the first day back at school. Students arrive next week.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#579112 Aug 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't. RH is in full buffoon mode this day.
Well, he just got back from a 3 day weekend.

:)

Some stable somewhere

#579113 Aug 26, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and the world was made by magic in six days, and man is made of mud and woman of a rib, and the world was submerged by forty days of rain, and a dead man got up and became a god.
Your commitment to reality is legendary.
hahahaha!

Some stable somewhere

#579114 Aug 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Former Atheists
"Allan R. Sandage is a famous scientist who had won numerous esteemed scientific awards.
At age 50 he became a Christian. "I find it quite improbable that such order came out of chaos. There has to be some organizing principle. God to me is a mystery but is the explanation for the miracle of existence, why there is something instead of nothing."
Alan Sandage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_R._Sandage
Part 5
It's always sad when an older man has a left temporal stroke.

Columbus, OH

#579115 Aug 26, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
He certainly did!
You found your x-ray!
http://www.thebluething.com/media/Homer-Simps...
Childishness.

How's that shiner coming along, Dilbert?

Ya know I gave you ample warning.

Some stable somewhere

#579116 Aug 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link didn't refute anything.
However, there is this...
Haaretz is a Jewish source:
"The reality is that there is no evidence whatsoever that the Jews were ever enslaved in Egypt. Yes, there's the story contained within the bible itself, but that's not a remotely historically admissible source. I'm talking about real proof; archaeological evidence, state records and primary sources. Of these, nothing exists."
http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/the-jewis... ()
From Religious Criticism:
http://www.religiouscriticism.com/bible/the-j...
"Further, there is no evidence of any kind that Egypt even used slaves, and certainly no evidence that they enslaved an entire nation. The workers that built the pyramids are known to be well payed Egyptians. The pyramids weren’t even built in the right time period, being 800 to 2,000 years older than the supposed “Exodus”."
From the largest Jewish circulated Jewish magazine - Reform Judaism:
"The Torah devotes more than four books to the proposition that the Israelites came to Canaan after having been subjugated in Egypt for generations, and yet there is no archaeological evidence to support that they were ever in Egypt.A prolonged Egyptian stay should have left Egyptian elements in the material culture, such as the pottery found in theearly Israelite settlements in Canaan, but there are none.
In short, the traditions of servitude in Egypt, the tales of the Israelites wandering in the desert, and the stories of the conquest of the promised land all appear to be fictitious."
http://reformjudaismmag.org/Articles/index.cf...
From The Christian Science Monitor:
"Egyptian archaeologists presented new evidence Monday that the people who worked on the Great Pyramids of Giza were not Jewish slaves, but paid laborers. Newly discovered tombs show construction workers were honored by being buried near the pyramids."
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/2010/0111/Egyp...
"Today more than 90% of scholars agree that there was no Exodus from Egypt, 80% feel that that the Conquest of the Land did not take place as described in the Bible, and about 50% agree that there was no powerful United Monarchy." - Professor Israel Finkelstein, The Bible Unearthed.
The archaeological evidence is conclusive: The Jews were never in Egypt, there was never an Exodus, and and no Jewish conquest of the land of Israel. In fact, the Jews were still polytheists when the first Passover was supposed to have happened. Jews and Christians wishing to pretend otherwise would do well to absorb the facts presented by Ze'ev Herzog, Israel Finkelstein, William Dever, and many others.
William Dever, a Christian biblical archaeologist who got into the business to prove the truth of the Biblical account, tells about how his research into the Bible's historicity led to his loss of Christian faith in "Losing Faith: Who Did and Who Didn’t, How Scholarship Affects Scholars":
"About 15 years ago, in my archaeological work I began to write about ancient Israel. Originally I wrote to frustrate the Biblical minimalists; then I became one of them, more or less. The call of Abraham, the Promise of the Land, the migration to Canaan, the descent into Egypt, the Exodus, Moses and monotheism, the Law at Sinai, divine kingship—archaeology throws all of these into great doubt. My long experience in Israel and my growing uncertainty about the historicity of the Bible meant that was the end for me." http://bit.ly/dtmGfF < link to full .pdf
Nice.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#579117 Aug 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. But He also never mentioned that it was bad to cut off a person's finger with bolt cutters as a punishment. But we all know that's wrong.
Why not ? Without instructions from the Bible you have no moral backing. If the man's fingers sinned then they should be cut off. It is the moral thing to do. Jesus said so:

"if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." Matthew 5:29,30

That is why atheists have no morals.
You are sounding like an atheist!

Some stable somewhere

#579118 Aug 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
cuz women are dumb and men exploit that
<looks up with large black eyes>

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#579119 Aug 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
They were my words and mine alone. They were directed at an individual. It was not an atheist against a Christian. It was a decent person against a vile POS.
You are still an ahole but I wouldn't wish you harm.
Yeah. I understand that. Those were your words to that person. The words were not "atheist caused" or said because you do not have the faith supported belief of the theist.

Personally I think he feigns the entire misunderstanding about the comments.

He has a disingenuous streak. He can't suppress it. That's my opinion, and that opinion has nothing to do with being atheist.

Some stable somewhere

#579120 Aug 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please.
Like BenAdam's "hope you die and piss on your grave" posts last week were a 'good example' of an atheist's mentality....
He's not an atheist.

:)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#579121 Aug 26, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, gardener-in-the-tomb boy, I'm still wait for a link showing Beck's book is "about the Southern Baptist Church".
Ya got a quality source?
Or were you lying again?
Enjoy your lies, Christian.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#579122 Aug 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>New science can sometimes confirm what is already in the Holy Book... in principles. For example, many Christians believe that when God said, "Let there be light..." is in reference to our sun. But it is not as the sun was created I the fourth day (or better said, eon or age). But now we know that the visible light spectrum which we can see is miniscule to the actual range of the types of unseen light that we are not even aware of...
And yet plants somehow existed without light, or the sun?
C'mon, really?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Joe Fortuna 88,475
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 6 min another viewer 671
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min truth 665,573
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min X Pendable 284,678
I LOVE you, Ewa M S 48 min Doctor REALITY 5
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 57 min Twizzler937 33
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,799
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr New Age Spiritual... 977,487
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 4 hr Scaritual 269
More from around the web