Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#578777 Aug 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I don't agree with it. Wow, your own biasness is shining through!
It would be better if you said that you don't like Christianity, Christians and that you respect Buddhism more... instead of using an educational spin to spin your dislike for my views.
that is the point

Buddhists are not immoral and xenophobic hate machines.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#578778 Aug 26, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
what about you?
without of internet you wouldn't know who was lenin?
WRONG! My father told me all about Vladimir Lenin and the Russian Revolution, a long time ago.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#578779 Aug 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahahahahaha
I absolutely cherish you guys.
You have no idea what you mean to me.
Of course, I say that in a purely platonic way.
According to Nano, I'm a 60 year old gay grandfather and I'm here to find men of like interests so I can buttfuck them when they're not looking. I would suggest you wear your Kevlar underpants when I'm around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0PjLkB7BlpAXX
Same here.

You know, what can be said about FANGINA! that already hasn't been said?
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

Okay, that's a pic, but, still.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#578780 Aug 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Have you seen his early work?
It's vastly different than his later work.
Art, any art, is always an extension of the mind at that moment.
His flower period confuses me. I understand destruction.
http://www.redbutler.com/blog/wp-content/uplo...
He was certainly a talent. The art world will never be the same.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#578781 Aug 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahahahahaha
I absolutely cherish you guys.
You have no idea what you mean to me.
Of course, I say that in a purely platonic way.
According to Nano, I'm a 60 year old gay grandfather and I'm here to find men of like interests so I can buttfuck them when they're not looking. I would suggest you wear your Kevlar underpants when I'm around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0PjLkB7BlpAXX
Nano has the strangest fantasies.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#578782 Aug 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ha ha Not like I did not warn you ha ha never assume with me LOL.
Never have.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#578783 Aug 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I have reason to believe it would effect where I am do to fact this state sits over deep caves, Sink holes appear without any reason. Side of mountains just slid sending tumbling rocks and
some to appear to have sunk. Just my opinion.
Better head for the hills. LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#578784 Aug 26, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretending, goofy.
You're the one citing a reference in Herotodus to Zoroastrianism as if it had relevance to the time Mithraism took hold in the Roman Empire......
You weren't talking about when it took root in Rome. You were claiming into existence after Christianity which is NOT true. Mithra preceded Jesus by more than 500 years.

Are you a moron or a common liar, Christian ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#578785 Aug 26, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're the one pretending Beck's The Religion of the Mithras Cult in the Roman Empire is "about the Southern Baptist Church".....
And there is the proof that you are either a baldfaced liar or severely mentally ill.

GFY

“"None shall pass"”

There

#578786 Aug 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I grew up, Catholicism reigned. In my family, religion was not discussed. Except by my grandfather, who openly stated that he was an atheist, and thought that the very idea of a god was utterly ridiculous.
My grandfather had great influence on me: I have always been in awe of his great curiosity, his love of life, his courage in always stating his convictions and living by them regardless of the consequences, and his incredible, magnetic personality.
My grandfather dropped out of school at 15, to help support his family. He is one of the most learned people I have ever known--philosophy, history, music, nothing escaped him.
Sounds like my dad. He dropped out of High School and enlisted. Attended cadet school at Duke University but that was cut short by the war. He never finished college. Eventually he became the highest paid hourly employee at Sikorsky Aircraft. He refused engineering positions because "I prefer to do build things instead of draw them". He was a 'genius'.

Nothing wrong with either path as long as you do your best IMHO.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#578787 Aug 26, 2013
You are a pathological liar.
Seek help, Christian.
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are angry, fool.
You've been slapped around intellectually, caught using a dishonest source, engaging in plagiarizing yourself, just as your specious source did while pretending he was relying on *my* sources.
You and your source don't even have the sense to steal from quality authors. Or maybe you can't find quality authors that affirm your nonsense. Whichever.
And now you want to pretend that I "think that unto such as [me]... A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew...God gave the secret, and denied it[you]."
Well, here's the problem with that, fool: I do not believe in god. Any god. I am not a Christian and have no religion. None.
Having lost the battle, having been exposed relying on a dishonest source and engaging in dishonesty of your own, you are left with name calling.
Well, you've picked the wrong names, dimwit.
Try again.
After all, it's all you got left.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#578788 Aug 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how much impact the above will have on committed believers?
None. They have the one verse that the apologist twisted for them and told them to believe and will ignore the rest of the Bible and refuse to think for themselves.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#578789 Aug 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember the detail, but you described the experience like a Biblical orgasm.
The 'Divine Orgasm of St. Teresa' comes to mind.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#578790 Aug 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Liberal Chrisitna denominations have the following view of the Bible:
"The Bible is a wide-ranging human document.
It was written by very human and fallible people who were not directly inspired by God.
The motivation of the authors was to promote the beliefs of their religious groups.
The first five books of the Bible were written by four unknown authors or groups of authors over a period of centuries and later redacted (edited) by a fifth person or group.
The Bible records the authors' evolution in spiritual and religious belief over a period of about 1,000 years.
They incorporated a lot of material from nearby Pagan religions, like the book of Genesis' creation stories and Noah's flood -- events that never happened.
The Bible contains a great deal of folklore, religious propaganda, and myth.
Stories of the great heroes of the ancient Hebrews (Adam, Abraham, Joseph, etc) are myths and involve characters who never existed.
Some of its content is profoundly immoral by today's religious and secular criteria, and must be ignored.
The Bible calls for justice and decent treatment of all persons. These themes are vitally important today."
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_divi.ht... #
My apologies to all the literalists and fundamentalists here but yours isn't the only Christian denomination(s).
It's hard to understand how people that thought that way could respect such a book, let alone model their lives after it.

That last line is incorrect. The bible does not call for justice or decent treatment of people. Look at the filth so many of the Christians on this thread peddle. Is that justice or decent treatment of people? They don't care about people except to make them religious like they are. And their idea of justice is eternal torment for skepticism.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#578791 Aug 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't talking about when it took root in Rome....
Then please find my post and provide it, fool.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#578792 Aug 26, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to understand how people that thought that way could respect such a book, let alone model their lives after it.
That last line is incorrect. The bible does not call for justice or decent treatment of people. Look at the filth so many of the Christians on this thread peddle. Is that justice or decent treatment of people? They don't care about people except to make them religious like they are. And their idea of justice is eternal torment for skepticism.
I was just pointing out the diversity in Christianity. Seems Topix attracts mostly the conservative, fundamentalist, creationist ones who think all Christians agree with them.

Fennario

#578793 Aug 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Progressive Christianity:
"rogressive Christianity is the alternative name given to a movement within contemporary Christianity, more commonly referred to as the Emerging Church. The movement is characterized by a willingness to question tradition, acceptance of human diversity with a strong emphasis on social justice or care for the poor and the oppressed (often identified as minority groups) and environmental stewardship of the Earth. Progressive Christians have a deep belief in the centrality of the instruction to "love one another" (John 15:17) within the teaching of Jesus Christ.[1] This leads to a focus on compassion, promoting justice and mercy, tolerance, and working towards solving the societal problems of poverty, discrimination and environmental issues, especially by social and political activism. Comparatively, a further understanding within Christianity being of the Greek word agape or agapaĆ³ as used within John 15:17 translated to the English word "love" as that being of "i.e. embracing God's will (choosing His choices) and obeying them through His power".[2]
This movement is by no means the only significant movement of progressive thought among Christians (see the 'See also' links below), but it is currently a focus of such issues in many parts of the world.
Progressive Christianity draws on the insights of multiple theological streams including: 19th century evangelicalism, 19th and early 20th century Christian liberalism, 20th century neo-orthodoxy, and late 20th and 21st century liberation theology.[3] The characteristics of Progressive Christianity, and its distinction from Liberal Christianity, have been articulated in an article[4] by Hal Taussig. These can be summarized as:
A spiritual vitality and expressiveness, including participatory, arts-infused, and lively worship as well as a variety of spiritual rituals and practices such as meditation
Intellectual integrity including a willingness to question
An affirmation of human diversity
An affirmation of the Christian faith with a simultaneous sincere respect for other faiths
Strong ecological concerns and commitments"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Chri...
"The movement is characterized by a willingness to question tradition, acceptance of human diversity with a strong emphasis on social justice or care for the poor and the oppressed (often identified as minority groups) and environmental stewardship of the Earth."

These people have taken secular humanist values and injected their god into it. Now they just need to question THAT tradition and toss out their sky buddy.

You can see the erosive effect we're having on the church. It can't resist and won't survive the march of human progress - humanism and progressivism.

Fennario

#578794 Aug 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I consider an elitist as anyone who thinks they are better than another group of people based on a reason with no merit. Or the reason they are using has no relevance to the group they think they are better than or no relevant bearing on what ways they think they are better
Examples:
Someone rich thinking they are inherently more moral or a better quality of person than someone with less money
Someone who is educated thinking that means they are more moral than someone who isn't
Someone who thinks being an atheist makes them better than someone of faith
And so on
Of course you would think that. You're the one trying to defend the inferior idea and the inferior life arc. You have made one bad choice after another and continue to do so even now, yet insist on being respected.

Humanism is more moral than Christianity. And having an education and being successful are both also better than the alternatives. You failed at all three, attack those that didn't, and then use words like elitist and bigot to try and defend yourself from the return fire.

But how are you better? You're the elitist and bigot when it comes to Mexico and Mexicans, for example, whom you berate for being poorer and less advantaged than you.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#578795 Aug 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. We were discussing sin. And you fail to understand that it is your cultural/religious construct and that you are projecting it onto non-Christian cultures, like mine.

There is not "guild that leads to repentance" in Japanese culture. It's laughable that you would write that - we consider such behavior very childish here.

Look we don't have sin. I can't get any simpler. Girls here often have 4 boyfriends - one for movies, one for shopping, one for hanging out, one for sex. It's not sinning to do so and to think that we would explain that to the boys is ludicrous. They already know and likely have more than one girlfriend.

From a Japanese standpoint, your ideas are so childish, it's difficult to understand why you insist on projecting them onto us. Clearly you wouldn't do very well here.
It's childish from any rational standpoint really.
We atheists feel the same way about arguments from the likes of him.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#578796 Aug 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
And there is the proof that you are either a baldfaced liar or severely mentally ill.
GFY
You're lying, goofy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 640,927
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min It aint necessari... 36,993
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Odds Maker 969,761
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 43 min DebraE 104,537
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 49 min Joe Fortuna 4,835
Play "end of the word" part 2 2 hr SSnowFFlake 1,691
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 280,833
More from around the web