“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#578489 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Okay... so I'll just have to take you at your word that you mock other people's beliefs.
And btw, I have four happy, fulfilled children.(Now, I'm just picking with you).
But I can see that you are offended because I zoomed in on Japanese Buddhism and asked some simple questions. You are offended because your friends are close to your heart and what they believe, silly construct or not, is more important to you than someone else's belief. I can understand that... everyone is a hypocrite at times.
Perhaps it would be better if I followed the Buddhist lead on this one and simply not debate with you any further on my own beliefs, which you seem to seethe over.
Knowing you, and your kindness, I can quite easily imagine that your children are good people. What wonderful news :) Well done on your part, that could not have been easy raising 4 kids.

In terms of Japanese religions that I attack, Shinnyo-en and So Kagaku Ai come to mind immediately. They are both incessantly stupid, like short-earth creationist Christianity. Clearly all three have some kind of spiritual side, but I cannot respect it for the foolish history and science denying.

I'm not offended that you bought up Japanese Buddhism. Mock it all you want. I'm offended that you bring it up in your Christian understanding of reality and utterly fail to grasp that other cultures aren't like yours.

You continue to insist that cultures are exactly as yours is. That's incorrect; naive in the extreme. I can't seem to get you to grasp this simple point though and you're mistaking my annoyance with defending Buddhism.

I don't. I honestly don't care one bit - Buddha isn't a deity, he didn't ascend to deity-ness. He died, like all other humans. And he was sexist and didn't understand the first thing about modern disease (one example).

One amusing anecdote: when my Buddhist friend brought me to his temple, his kids were running and jumping on his holiest of holy seats. He said "that's a place I can only sit in three times a year." And they had drawn on crayon over a 300 year old painting!!! He didn't care. He didn't chastise them.

I don't care that he thinks a pillow is holy - that's trash - but you cannot doubt his parenting skills. He's good with kids.
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

#578490 Aug 25, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Nice link thank you!
U2 can reap a harvest
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#578491 Aug 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Just did the calculations and if the entire Antarctic Ice cap melted the ocean level would rise by less than 200 feet.
So much for that theory.
That is pretty close the 300 feet rise level recorded.
The rise in volume wasn't the point. The event would produce a tsunami that would make the largest one on record look like a kiddie pool event...and it would most likely have worldwide consequences.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#578492 Aug 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm
Well that let a little air out of the balloon for me! LOL
Although I couldn't pick a better person as a critic. She is kind, ethical, and reasonable. And generally has a 'to each their own' mentality. If she becomes a voice for your side of the issue so be it. I'd trust her with the responsibility more than most
Skom...she's already "a voice for my side."

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#578493 Aug 25, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk is cheap - prove it wrong ;)
And while you're at it...
Neither Egyptian nor Roman history records any persons known as Moses or Jesus.
NOTE
Feel free to DISPROVE the following...
Please refrain from using Christian apologists as their viewpoints are clearly biased in favor of their dogma.
These alleged 'saviours/prophets' exist only in holy books, which themselves are copied from previous legends and myths.
"In fact, the quest for Biblical accounts of ancient Egypt at least into the 19th Dynasty of Egypt's New Kingdom, take on an interesting approach by most investigators. Essentially, since there is no evidence to clearly support the existence of Joseph, or Moses, or the Israeli Exodus, most of the investigation examines what was possible, what cannot be ruled out, or what fits into and Egyptian context.
In other words, is it possible that such events or people could have existed from what we know of ancient Egypt.
Some specifics are very possible, such as Joseph's rise to importance in the Egyptian court.
Other events, such as the Exodus, as specifically told in the Bible, are much more difficult.
Though the Egyptians may not have liked to record defeats, it would seem very probable that, were the disasters inflicted upon them as detailed in the Bible, there would have survived some textual evidence.
For example, the Egyptians recorded events such as eclipses of the sun and the levels of the Nile Flood.
Were the Nile to have turned to blood and every firstborn child suddenly have died, not to mention all of the other plagues mentioned in Exodus, there would have doubtless been some record left, particularly during the New Kingdom. Tomb records frequently provide us with the most meager of details, and we have, from that period, many thousands of documents recording civil actions and even commercial contracts."
"Despite the mass of contemporary records that have been unearthed in Egypt, not one historical reference to the presence of the Israelites has yet been found there. Not a single mention of Joseph, the Pharaoh's 'Grand Vizier'. Not a word about Moses, or the spectacular flight from Egypt and the destruction of the pursuing Egyptian army."
Magnus Magnusson (The Archaeology of the Bible Lands - BC, p43)
For many centuries the Egyptians were present in Palestine, controlling the trade routes and importing the timber, olive oil and minerals not found in Egypt.
Archaeology has uncovered dramatic evidence of this pervasive Egyptian presence in 'Canaan'Ė yet nowhere does the Bible refer to Egyptians outside of Egypt.
It would spoil the story!
How could Hebrews escape into the promised land if the Bible admitted Egyptians were running the show there too?
"Neither Moses, nor an enslaved Israel nor the event of this Exodus are recorded in any known ancient records outside the Bible ...
Although its climate has preserved the tiniest traces of ancient bedouin encampments and the sparse 5000-year-old villages of mine workers there is not a single trace of Moses or the Israelites."
Ė John Romer, Testament
I look forward to seeing your published scientific findings that find evidence that will literally astound the Archaeological world.
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Largely in denial of reality. ;)
Your alternate evidence? present it.
Prove god Mithras did not exist 600 years prior to your myth. Do the same thing with Krishna. Similar story. Statues of Mithras survive to this day.
The desert religions have one book - let me repeat that... One Book.
This book has been written, rewritten, abridged , Obfuscated literally thousands of times.
Better yet if you can afford it, travel to Egypt
Visit to Valley of the kings, I recommend the tour.
Important!
Ask your tour guide about Moses!
Whoa! Nice shootin', Tex.

Now put that scatter gun down before you hurt yourself and focus on the real issue at hand, namely your "largely incorrect" post regarding Jesus and Mithras.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#578494 Aug 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, if only you were as smart as you were arrogant
Not only he asked a legitimate question and it doesn't show a lack of understanding from him and isn't analogous as asking if gravity can be reversed, here is a scientist that disagrees with you:
Question: Can entropy be reversed?
Yes
http://quantumj13.imascientist.org.uk/2013/06...
But what does that guy know right? Here are his qualifications
"Rickmansworth School: GCSEs and 5 A Levels. Oxford University: physics. Now doing a PhD at University College London
Qualifications:
Masterís in Physics at Oxford; studying for a PhD now!
Work History:
I worked at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN for a year
Current Job:
PhD student
Employer:
University College London"
LOL, Ians you big dummy!
Good Afternoon Skom! Thanks for the link on the theory about reversing entropy. I read it earlier. I didn't see a rebuttal from Ians yet so obviously it could of been very enlightening to him.

Now to the dismay of some... I can put the same to scripture.

Entropy (Chaos/disorder) enters a closed system and it increases.... just like sin entered the world and it increased. In theory, entropy can be reversed. God can reverse the effects of sin on a person's life.

"...But where sin increased, grace increased all the more." Romans 5:20

Hallelujah!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#578495 Aug 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer to think of myself as a discriminating person, rather than an elitist person.
I don't care what a person does, or whether s/he has an extensive formal education, or where s/he comes from, or who s/he is. But I don't suffer fools, and I find many people just plain boring, so I avoid them. I also avoid people whose views I consider abhorrent, because interactions with them will surely be unpleasant.
That said, I find plenty of people with whom i enjoy sharing ideas and spending time. I have forged friendships with a few on Topix, too.
Sweet, so you and I agree on that.

Anyways, when are we hooking up for the gym?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#578496 Aug 25, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Red Apples wrote:
You said "the Bible says nothing about original sin" not what you moved the goal post by saying what you did in your answer to my post.
As is shown in Romans the Bible clearly does talk about "original sin".
It doesn't and it doesn't.

'Romans' says "sin entered the world...." It does NOT say that Adam and Eve's sin was passed down.

What it says is that the "sinful nature" of man began with the first man (and woman).

You don't know much about Christianity.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#578497 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Try again:
Guilt involves feelings of remorse for one's actions in one's own self. Guilt follows one around wherever they go, despite social setting.
Shame involves feelings of remorse in one's social circle. Shame cannot exist outside of one's social circle - and is left there. Outside of your social circle, there is no shame.
You tell me.
dr Shrink came to the conclusion today morning meeting of all psychiatrists and Bible readers?
THAT YOU ARE MOST STUPID BRAIN WASHED MENTALY RETARDED SICK POOR ATHEISTIC CREATURE NOT DEVELOPED TO AN END BY EVOLUTION, BODY LOOK LIKE HUMAN,BUT BRAIN IS STILL FISH SHAKING EMBRIO OR MONKEY A...

so?
start pray for health,because to have brain already is to late?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#578498 Aug 25, 2013
Alright adults, I'm going to bed.

I've explained reality to Qu, again, but she doesn't seem to get it.

I've explained to Skom that River is playing for our side, but he doesn't seem to know that.

And both of them would be better off reading Vonnegut!

Vonnegut, you asshole!(my favorite line)

All your deities are fiction. Every last one. Your religious beliefs, stupid. Your religious experiences, deeply meaningful, human, and worthy of having.

All. Not just Christian ones. All. Every last religious belief on the planet - stupid, infantile, pathetic, weak, ignorant and damaging to humans.

Get an education. There's no shame in learning.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#578499 Aug 25, 2013
The phrase "original sin" does not occur anywhere in the Bible. FACT

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#578500 Aug 25, 2013
The Son of (((THE TRUE GOD))) Christian Song Ministry

"Spacious firmament on high
With all the blue ethereal sky
And spangled heavens shining frame,
Their great original proclaim,
Unwaried sun from day to day
Puts all creation on display
And publishes to every land
The work of thee almighty hand

singing altogether
We adore thee
Altogether God of glory
All around the hallelujahs ring
Singing altogether
We adore thee
Altogether God of glory
All around the hallelujahs ring

Soon as the evening shades prevail,
The stars pick up the wondrous tale,
Forever singing as they shine,
The hand that made us is divine.

To you our Lord we give thanks and rejoice
We rejoice
All the earth and all the stars together in one voice
Singing altogether we adore thee"
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#578501 Aug 25, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Genius?
Only me <blushes> and a few other fellow Celestials.
The rest are hockey pucks!
<sarcasm, not personal>
you are genius s....flaot inside of sever pipes

Das is grosse Vitze ,zu sehen jeder Tag ein Schwuchtel,maenlich Votze,und kleine gesicht Scheisse schriben wahn sin
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

#578502 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Timn!!!
Welcome to the not-Dave insanity!
You should know there are rumors about you and Mr. Nelson circulating on topix. ;)
He may follow you... hiding.

http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#578503 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You never heard of the Holocaust?
what Holocoust?
and who made this Holocaust of Palestine, mankind, or whole Europa because never existed jews Holocaust,
mostly Jew Nation commit Holocaust of local nations ancient time,murdering them cut heads,balls,hands, burn human rnrmirs ones,city,villages rape women kidset......tbo enter their lands called today israel?
a?
never mind,
I forgot that you are most brain stupid retraded athistic not developed embrio fish brain?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#578504 Aug 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The rise in volume wasn't the point. The event would produce a tsunami that would make the largest one on record look like a kiddie pool event...and it would most likely have worldwide consequences.
Most of the Earth's land mass would be unaffected.

Coastal areas yes. my basement might get flooded and LW wouldn't even know it happened.

Not a global flood by any means.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#578505 Aug 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
LOL...university
I kinda liked the first one better.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#578506 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet, so you and I agree on that.
Anyways, when are we hooking up for the gym?
Any time, although I thought you prefer tennis.

BTW, I have forged strong friendships with people I met at the gym. Shared sweat sometimes brings out the best in people.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#578507 Aug 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, considering that 99% of the Antarctic ice is sitting on a continent the size of the USA, how do you propose to push all that ice into the ocean at once ?
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#578508 Aug 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
The phrase "original sin" does not occur anywhere in the Bible. FACT
you know s....
read your poor brain genesis and ADAM sin- original commit sin?

just read Bible and ask God for mercy on you and your health,
because asking God for brain is already to late for you ,my dear friend

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 15 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 4,827
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min onemale 265,377
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min Lumajuice 777,408
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 560,141
women should be slaves to men (Dec '13) 1 hr Lumajuice 32
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Student 39,365
What Is Right With the USA 2 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 hr Lumajuice 441,807
More from around the web