“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#578449 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are not the same. You might as well claim that black is white is green.
Black is white is green is wrong. But shame, guilt, remorse... same difference.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#578450 Aug 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>No I reacted to her post saying basically if she needed a plumber then Rider could do that. It's similar to other elitist comments made by her and others. It's like the saying "the world needs ditch diggers"...
A good plumber can make as much as a doctor. I don't see that as either degrading or insulting.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#578451 Aug 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>No I reacted to her post saying basically if she needed a plumber then Rider could do that. It's similar to other elitist comments made by her and others. It's like the saying "the world needs ditch diggers"
What's wrong with ditch diggers?
The implication is some people are only good at menial tasks but they still serve a function while other people do the more intellectual work
What's wrong with physical labor?
A lot of your group is elitist and from what I have seen, have very little that's true to support such a stance, if it even is supportable which I question in general
I am elitist, Skom. I try my best to help ignorance, but I do not respect and deride willful ignorance. Anyone who believes in short-earth creationism is an idiot or dupe of the largest possible degree and I do not respect them. I really don't care if my stance on this hurts people - for they are base and pathetic in choosing to lie about and deny science to believe in some small god of their imagination.

However, I respect skilled labor to no end. Most skilled laborers I have worked with are philosophical and deep thinkers. They may not have the best education, but they are quite capable of cultivating an education of their own.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#578452 Aug 25, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Self portrait, nice.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#578453 Aug 25, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Your life story. How interesting.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#578454 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure an educated person such as yourself wouldn't dare defend the concepts of Nirvana which is only a senseless construct.
But...ah... yeah. What would happen to a Japanese monk if he left responsibility for his craft? He would feel... as you put it... shame.
I'm an atheist.

But you are not - why would you not respect someone's belief about Nirvana? You sound quite hypocritical here.

If a monk was unable to fulfill his duties as a monk, he would be removed from position. Yes, in the social context of being a monk, he would feel shame. Outside of that context, he wouldn't care, or he would be relieved. And once he made his decision to quit, that would be it - he would never look back.

That is quite unlike your concept of sin. And so far, you seem quite incapable of understanding that and continue to try to force your understanding of sin upon other peoples.

“Saved. ”

#578455 Aug 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddhism, like Christianity, has little to do with the teachings of its founder.
Buddha in a nutshell: "Life sucks much if the time, quit whining and deal with it."
Jesus in a nutshell: "Treat everyone like you would treat yourself, even your enemies."
Good Morning Ben... thanks for your input. I can partially agree with the above as there are various sects within Christianity as there are with other religious, cultural blends.

I'm basically trying to find from Hiding (in her own words), why is it... she seems okay with the Buddhist construct and yet mock the Christian construct from an educated perspective? I think it's a case of political, I mean, religious correctness.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#578456 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Black is white is green is wrong. But shame, guilt, remorse... same difference.
No they aren't. If you think shame and guilt are the same, you don't understand their meanings.

Guilt involves feelings of remorse for one's actions in one's own self. Guilt follows one around wherever they go, despite social setting.

Shame involves feelings of remorse in one's social circle. Shame cannot exist outside of one's social circle - and is left there. Outside of your social circle, there is no shame.

Now do you understand?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#578457 Aug 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
A good plumber can make as much as a doctor. I don't see that as either degrading or insulting.
stop making an @$$ outta yo self...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#578458 Aug 25, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong BenAdam/g_o_d/Lamchop!!!
Romans 5:12.
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Sorry, Satan. That has nothing to do with inherited sin.
Even the Bible contradicts you:

Spiritual consequences of sin cannot be transmitted from father to son but only falls on the one who committed the act: Ezek 18:1-4; 18-20; Jer 32:29-30

Exodus 32:3133 In this passage, Moses wanted to receive the punishment for someone else's sin. In verse 33, the one who sinned is removed from the book, not the one whose parents have sinned.

We will be judged only by our own actions: Mt 12:36-37; Rom 2:6; 2 Cor 5:10; 1 Pe 1:17

Isa 59:1-2, "Your sins have separated you from your God" not Adams

Sin is committed by individually breaking God's law: 1 Jn 3:4 (Infants have done nothing)

There is no Bible verse that says we will be condemned for sins other than our own.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#578459 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Ben... thanks for your input. I can partially agree with the above as there are various sects within Christianity as there are with other religious, cultural blends.
I'm basically trying to find from Hiding (in her own words), why is it... she seems okay with the Buddhist construct and yet mock the Christian construct from an educated perspective? I think it's a case of political, I mean, religious correctness.
Very well. I will leave you two to your own discussion.

“Saved. ”

#578460 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an atheist.
But you are not - why would you not respect someone's belief about Nirvana? You sound quite hypocritical here.
If a monk was unable to fulfill his duties as a monk, he would be removed from position. Yes, in the social context of being a monk, he would feel shame. Outside of that context, he wouldn't care, or he would be relieved. And once he made his decision to quit, that would be it - he would never look back.
That is quite unlike your concept of sin. And so far, you seem quite incapable of understanding that and continue to try to force your understanding of sin upon other peoples.
I'm not defending his beliefs... even though he has a right to choose to believe whatever he wants... as is your right in your beliefs that God doesn't exist.

My question to YOU is why are you not using your high educational standards against Japanese Buddhism but yet you mock Christian beliefs? To me, that is hypocritical.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#578461 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No they aren't. If you think shame and guilt are the same, you don't understand their meanings.
Guilt involves feelings of remorse for one's actions in one's own self. Guilt follows one around wherever they go, despite social setting.
Shame involves feelings of remorse in one's social circle. Shame cannot exist outside of one's social circle - and is left there. Outside of your social circle, there is no shame.
Now do you understand?
Not choosing sides at all but in the USA (at least) shame and guilt are usually taken as synonyms.

“Saved. ”

#578462 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Now do you understand?
If a monk is forcefully kicked out of a Buddhist temple because of some disciplinary action and goes on to live in ordinary society or outside the perimeters of that society are you saying that he will not feel shame?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#578463 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's impossible to specialize in everything. Purely impossible.
Only River is a genius on here. The rest of us are faking.
No argument here, she is a smart girl

I can only imagine how much she will know when she gets older

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#578464 Aug 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Be careful. If you make yer knowledge known, you may be construed as a witch by ignorant minds.
I know. Most of my ancestors were whittled down to nothing by such arrogant, ignorant beings. Just like Jesus and the "fig tree".
I have no tolerance for such idiots because of that.
Cap one thing for certain I am not a Bruja. I do not mess much with trap door minds. Nor eyes that are blind nor ears that are deaf. As for the knowledge available to humans it is just something the worldly people will not be prepared for in your words it is what it is (right) or mine if you do not mind it does not matter (right).

“Saved. ”

#578465 Aug 25, 2013
And by the way... it is possible that a Buddhist monk can be reprimanded and removed from monkhood. I already looked it up so let's not go there.

“Saved. ”

#578466 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I didn't know that! Thank you.
Qu_innocence - read the above.
I don't agree with it. Wow, your own biasness is shining through!

It would be better if you said that you don't like Christianity, Christians and that you respect Buddhism more... instead of using an educational spin to spin your dislike for my views.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#578467 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with ditch diggers?
Nothing. Unless someone tries to use it as an insult against someone to imply their own perceived superiority
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with physical labor?
Nothing. Unless someone tries to use it as an insult to imply their own perceived superiority

For example, if someone were to say:

"Hey we can't all be stock-brokers. You can always pump my gas. The world still needs gas-station attendants"

You see how the context makes it an insult
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I am elitist, Skom. I try my best to help ignorance, but I do not respect and deride willful ignorance. Anyone who believes in short-earth creationism is an idiot or dupe of the largest possible degree and I do not respect them. I really don't care if my stance on this hurts people - for they are base and pathetic in choosing to lie about and deny science to believe in some small god of their imagination.
However, I respect skilled labor to no end. Most skilled laborers I have worked with are philosophical and deep thinkers. They may not have the best education, but they are quite capable of cultivating an education of their own.
Well I would agree you are an elitist but not for the reasons you think

Elitist to me has nothing to do with religious beliefs or even intelligence. There are very stupid, useless people born into money that are elitists. They look down on people without money despite the fact they did nothing to earn their money and couldn't support themselves if they had to because they have no skills

That is just one example however

I consider an elitist as anyone who thinks they are better than another group of people based on a reason with no merit. Or the reason they are using has no relevance to the group they think they are better than or no relevant bearing on what ways they think they are better

Examples:

Someone rich thinking they are inherently more moral or a better quality of person than someone with less money

Someone who is educated thinking that means they are more moral than someone who isn't

Someone who thinks being an atheist makes them better than someone of faith

And so on

“Love much, trust none”

There

#578468 Aug 25, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Cap one thing for certain I am not a Bruja. I do not mess much with trap door minds. Nor eyes that are blind nor ears that are deaf. As for the knowledge available to humans it is just something the worldly people will not be prepared for in your words it is what it is (right) or mine if you do not mind it does not matter (right).
I was kind of surprised that you were familiar with the peyote cactus.
You always surprise me. <smile>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min lovewithin 39,362
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 777,353
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min truth 560,128
Gay snapchat names 20 min Karl Broughton 162
Couch Potato Alert 21 min yon 5
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 57 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 4,815
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 96,839
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 265,370
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Clearwater 175,773
More from around the web