Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#578414 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>It is true that I was reading about Buddhism and didn't give any thought if the article was from a western perspective or not. I'm sure that Japan has its own cultural blend...
No offense, but who cares what you believe about Buddhists? You aren't one, you don't understand. I'm telling you how Buddhists think of karma and you are actually telling me that some Western magazine knows better than me.

Beg pardon, but I am Japanese and I live here, have two Buddhist monk friends, each with their own temple, and I grew up practicing Buddhism. So I think I know more than your magazine.
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#578415 Aug 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you have a black, gay or Catholic to hate on one of your own threads ?
What race am I, Doctor DORKinstein ??

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#578416 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confusing "empathy for others" with "guilt from sin" above.
Guilt preventing one from rummaging through another person's things is empathy?

Obviously empathy is a wonderful thing to have also... but empathy isn't what we were discussing. We were discussing sin. And guilt helps us to either repent or prevent us from doing something wrong in many cases.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#578417 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>If you get the chance, please ask your friend if he is suppose to be a responsible Buddhist, and if so, what happens if he fails at being a responsible Monk.
Responsible in terms of what? Paying attention to holy days? Making sure believers are properly taken care of?
Bongo

Coram, NY

#578418 Aug 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Be careful with all those big words
It's talking dirty in "Dork-Speak"
They probably considering 'sexting' send each other thesaurus centerfolds! LOL
I enjoy oogling those

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#578419 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Other than that, I ne'er though I could preach original sin from a physics standpoint, I'm thankful for that insight.
You can preach original sin from any standpoint you want. At the end of the day, it's a cultural construct and nothing more.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#578420 Aug 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The one thing we learn from fairy tales and myths is that people can and do believe in them.
That doesn't make dragons real.
Totally. Well said.

“Saved. ”

#578421 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Disprove Noah? Yes, instantly, easily. No, you are not meeting me halfway by calling "Noah" a hypothesis - that's you not understanding what hypothesis means. We are not arguing. I am explaining how science works. That's it. There is no debate.
You are proclaiming religious beliefs. Nothing more. They are not human universals and science doesn't take your beliefs seriously. Sorry if that hurts. We have moved past your mythology about 160 years ago - this is so far in the past, so incredibly basic, it's surprising to me that I have to explain it to an adult.
I haven't seen anyone disprove Noah yet. No one can't even explain to me how the Hebrews knew about the deep springs in the ocean that was discovered in 1977.

Even the gov't org NOAA (pronounced "Noah"... howz 'bout that?) calls hydrothermal vents "springs" on the ocean floor.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#578422 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Just as entropy enters a closed system in thermodynamics... so it is as sin entered into the world. And entropy increases... so it is with sin.
The above is senseless gibberish.
"Therefore, just as sin entered the world THROUGH ONE MAN, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people..." Romans 5:12
So...? We already know you really, really, really believe in your mythology. That's nice. Just like every believer of every other religion on the planet.

Your belief doesn't convince me that you have found the "one, true religion" or that your religious construction of reality is objectively real for all humans.
Ok. Can entropy be reversed?
Based on your discussion of entropy, I do not believe you know what entropy means.
"Because one person (Adam) disobeyed God, many became sinners. But because one other person (Jesus) obeyed God, many will be made righteous." Romans 5:19
To reiterate:

So...? We already know you really, really, really believe in your mythology. That's nice. Just like every believer of every other religion on the planet.

Your belief doesn't convince me that you have found the "one, true religion" or that your religious construction of reality is objectively real for all humans.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#578423 Aug 25, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Some proof would be nice.
Also, you can't preach original sin from a physics standpoint.
Hi Timn!!!

Welcome to the not-Dave insanity!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#578424 Aug 25, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Just because you say so?? Then who IS 'God'?? The rats and cows of India?? The Lord Jesus Christ CREATED the animal species you people worship as your 'deceased loved ones reincarnated'. Why is it you people don't REALIZE that the Lord Jesus Christ is King and Lord over the earth and the universe?? Why is it the people of India don't REALIZE that there is NO FORGIVNESS OF SINS without turning in FAITH towards the King who sits upon His Throne from His home in heaven?? Why is that, o' people of India?!!
Why aren't you over on your own threads ?
Did everyone realize you are an ahole and stop posting or did you get tired of talking to yourself ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#578425 Aug 25, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>What race am I, Doctor DORKinstein ??
You are barely human.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#578426 Aug 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep deflecting?
You claimed people can use their Bible to justify racism
Please point to the verses they could use
You never heard of the Holocaust?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#578427 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You can preach original sin from any standpoint you want. At the end of the day, it's a cultural construct and nothing more.
The idea of "Original Sin" was invented by St. Augustine around 400 AD. The Roman Church rejected it at first then later embraced it.

It is not mentioned in the Bible at all.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#578429 Aug 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, nobody will be exposed to everything and what people are taught or would be more likely to know depends on what they major in
Its obvious from some of these posts that certain posters have never stepped first inside a university. There is no such thing as advanced university students and they would know the general curriculum is very limited.
But on Topix, everybody is a genius:)
It's impossible to specialize in everything. Purely impossible.

Only River is a genius on here. The rest of us are faking.

“Saved. ”

#578430 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, entirely. You don't seem to understand anything but your own Christian beliefs - and you project these onto science and other peoples.
<quoted text>
You are very kind, but I've never seen you take an unbiased position.
Yes... I am biased in my opinion because of my Christian beliefs. I have stated this openly.

I have also left my position and views temporarily in order "to try" and understand another person's opinion and belief. That doesn't mean that I have to adopt the other person's view forever... but just to understand. It just so happens that I see how science can juxtapose with scripture... now I'm not talking about the very small part of science which are the Darwinian evolutionary sciences. People evolving from chimps is as ridiculous a statement to me as you may feel that the Hebrews didn't know about deep springs which obviously was written a couple millennia ago.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#578431 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Hiding, when I made the statement about deja vu it was because I had read the following link earlier that day... and several other links. I wanted to make sure that I didn't get clairevoyance mixed up with deja vu when replying to HL:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-m...
You are aware that is only a pop-news site, yes? It's not actually a science site.

Use google scholar. Read actual science research articles.

Here, for example:

http://scholar.google.co.jp/scholar...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#578432 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You never heard of the Holocaust?
That was ethnicity not race

But Ians said he wouldn't agree that there no verses someone could logically use to justify racism. It shows he feels their are which is why he said many or most Christians are racist and they can use the Bible to justify their racism.

So I want to know specifically what verses he is talking about

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#578433 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Guilt preventing one from rummaging through another person's things is empathy?
Obviously empathy is a wonderful thing to have also... but empathy isn't what we were discussing. We were discussing sin. And guilt helps us to either repent or prevent us from doing something wrong in many cases.
Yes. We were discussing sin. And you fail to understand that it is your cultural/religious construct and that you are projecting it onto non-Christian cultures, like mine.

There is not "guild that leads to repentance" in Japanese culture. It's laughable that you would write that - we consider such behavior very childish here.

Look we don't have sin. I can't get any simpler. Girls here often have 4 boyfriends - one for movies, one for shopping, one for hanging out, one for sex. It's not sinning to do so and to think that we would explain that to the boys is ludicrous. They already know and likely have more than one girlfriend.

From a Japanese standpoint, your ideas are so childish, it's difficult to understand why you insist on projecting them onto us. Clearly you wouldn't do very well here.

“Saved. ”

#578434 Aug 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No offense, but who cares what you believe about Buddhists? You aren't one, you don't understand. I'm telling you how Buddhists think of karma and you are actually telling me that some Western magazine knows better than me.
Beg pardon, but I am Japanese and I live here, have two Buddhist monk friends, each with their own temple, and I grew up practicing Buddhism. So I think I know more than your magazine.
How come you don't mock Buddhist beliefs?

Surely, Buddhism which originated (perhaps) in northern India is only a silly construct!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EMIRGAN SERVICE General (0212) 342 OO 24 ) ELEC... 3 min generalelectricser 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min It aint necessari... 839,997
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min truthandcommonsense 4,637
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Anthony MN 590,812
SERVICES -YENIKOY Tel (0212) 299 15 34 ) GENERA... 9 min kayseri evden eve 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min set free in truth 40,536
ISTINYE ARIZA Servis (0212) 342 00 24 ) GENERAL... 16 min generalelectricser 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min gundee123 100,084
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr Insults Are Easier 271,403
More from around the web