Comments
552,601 - 552,620 of 599,996 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#578244 Aug 25, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Some proof would be nice.
Also, you can't preach original sin from a physics standpoint.
Done earlier.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#578245 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say that at all. I mentioned the opposite of that a couple days ago but didn't go into detail. I said that our bodies were originally designed to live forever. And yesterday I did say that after the fall of Adam and Eve.... their cells started to deteriorate. In other words, sin initiated death and that genetic makeup was passed down to us. The closer the generations were to Adam and Eve, the more pure their gene pool... overtime it became more corrupted with random mutations and other genetic variations.
I have to give you credit for thinking and communicating about this stuff in a mature and informed way.

"The Bible said so!" Gets old fast.

Thanks!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#578246 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>What was it about this scripture which you believe show God as a weak God or weaker than El? He is El. What this scripture shows me is that God didn't want man to turn out like this. It wasn't His original intent for making man and He didn't cause man to turn out this way.
"The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.
The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled."
Genesis 6
Yes. El himself was was a weakling, and a reprobate.
If your deity had any sense of "godliness" it would never have made the abhorable mistakes it did.

“Saved. ”

#578247 Aug 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not need a source. It is self evident. Just like your deity.
When you can prove your deity exists, then I will prove that Asherah was the staff of Moses.
Until then, you will just have to take my word for it...just as I will have to take your word that your deity exists.
Are you getting the point now?
It is self-evident that Moses' staff was Asherah? No Source. No problem.

“Saved. ”

#578248 Aug 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to give you credit for thinking and communicating about this stuff in a mature and informed way.
"The Bible said so!" Gets old fast.
Thanks!
No problem... I'm excited that you guys are keeping me on my toes to research further into it. I felt kind of bad about just posting a few comments and leaving out.... and now that I posted almost an all nighter I think I'm making others upset... <<<facepalm>> >

Touch and go works better I think.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#578249 Aug 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> That is absolutely correct. I would eat you before you woke up if I were hungry enough.
You can have my right leg.

It's a bit charred, I think.

You assume that I sleep. Why?

Location hidden

#578250 Aug 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
If you come to my morgue when you die, you will be taken care of. When your loved ones come to identify you, they will be shown professionalism and compassion. I am not a robot. I wasn't built to be cruel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fwrCjnZK7NUXX
Not to worry. My(very close) family has already agreed to consume my body in a Pyre. Illegal as it is, it will be done according to agreement. It is what it is.

“Saved. ”

#578251 Aug 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. El himself was was a weakling, and a reprobate.
If your deity had any sense of "godliness" it would never have made the abhorable mistakes it did.
You way you seem to be talking about my Deity is as if He is real.

Location hidden

#578252 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>If you set the sets of the program to never violate the 'availability'... then how is it ever going to make a freewill computation? Because you are "forcing" the program to go another way even though you made the availability to transgress available.
So really, the programmed item has no autonomy the way you set it. It has "no choice" but to do it your way and what one has is a toy... not something that genuinely "wants to" trust your judgement. But what if you instructed it not to go into that availability, gave the reason why, let the program know what would happen if it did go down that path and some how . let the program have the autonomy of making it's own decision? Now even though the program would do it your way all the time... at least the program has the "propensity" and ability of having freewill. So the decision it would make would be based on loyalty, faith and trust.
My point is, God put that "one tree" there for the same reasons... to generate the ability of having freewill. One tree out of possibly millions and millions of species (paths) to choose from.
I never intended to have a "program" to have "freewill". I would only program any OS to have the authority of the operator as it's administrator.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#578253 Aug 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
At the very least, you have shown us something very interesting:
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
While not supporting A&E, the principle of degeneration and mutations in a closely inbred group is fairly accurate.

“Saved. ”

#578254 Aug 25, 2013
Edit my last: "The way..."

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#578255 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Well... so what is the answer to my question as I replied to your earlier posting of Lot and his daughters.
I was hoping that you thought the story of Lot and the story of Sodom and Gomorrah were just, you know, ghost stories.

Do you really think that a woman was turned into a pillar of salt?

How many pretzels would that take?

If you really think all of that is real, I'll go back and re-read your question and answer it.

Do you think the story of Lot and his wife and his daughters and Sodom and Gomorrah really happened in like, real life and not just a book?

Location hidden

#578257 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know what else I could tell you Captain...'cept it's the truth.
Maybe in the errant site of your religion. But you are absolutely in err...I will NOT back up on this issue onto death.

Location hidden

#578258 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>So did Lot force himself on his daughters or did his daughters drug him... I mean, force themselves on their father?
The man was totally intoxicated Qu, and the story says so. He was manipulated by his kin.
So much for your deity's omnipotence huh?

Location hidden

#578259 Aug 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My early years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KYEXQTrpRZcXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I really had no clue we may be related. I am truly sorry if I may have insulted you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#578260 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>But if you were in quite a few parts of Asia and bashed a dog's head in, then it could be considered lunch.
As far as our own country here... if one put's a dog down at the vet and another (with no access or money to pay a vet) bashes their beloved dog's head in to end their dog's suffering... are both still called a mercy killing? Wouldn't someone in this day and age see the difference?
Have put down animals with a bullet and a needle. It is nothing to rejoice about.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#578261 Aug 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Those were some of my more favorite movies, btw.
Some years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =49tTzEifY6MXX
Tom Waits touched my head once. I was 7. We were in LA. My Mom and Dad were going to some fund raiser and I was being shuttled from one car to another so I could go back to the hotel room and slowly become Me.

I tripped and fell getting out of the car and when I stood up Tom Waits put his hand on my head and said, "Y'allright?"

Location hidden

#578262 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Again, the Bible is referring to Pharaoh here as the great dragon.
Well, of course it did. The Abrahamics wanted to discredit and defame the Egyptian authors of truth in every attempt possible.
How else could their errant ridiculous philosophy ever be accepted.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#578263 Aug 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that "all" were involved in this sequence?
I would find that hard to believe. Perhaps some local area may be possible, but hardly a reality for a worldwide transformation of genetics. Common sense dictates otherwise.
It is one of three current theories.

Common sense is often useless in science.

Location hidden

#578264 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>It is self-evident that Moses' staff was Asherah? No Source. No problem.
I notice that you have chosen to deflect.
As I said...when you prove that your deity indeed exists, I will prove the aspects of Asherah.
I will give you another chance at your posit'
Please don't disrespect me again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,435
Last Word + 2 7 min Tender Mercies 535
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Hukt on Fonix 733,181
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Liam 539,142
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min WasteWater 94,687
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min WasteWater 258,065
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 38 min Jim Justice 118,006
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 39 min KiMare 226,387
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••