|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have totally missed the point. Or can't address it with ant veracity.
What was it about this scripture which you believe show God as a weak God or weaker than El? He is El. What this scripture shows me is that God didn't want man to turn out like this. It wasn't His original intent for making man and He didn't cause man to turn out this way.

"The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.

The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled."

Genesis 6

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the more science discovers the more solid my faith and wonder amazement of God becomes.
Personal education is the answer

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's tempting but I'm very protective of the people that I'm responsible for. They may be dead but they are still people to me and I treat them with respect.
Understand, I get them before the autopsy and embalming processes. Sometimes, they make noise and unpleasant odors. It is what it is.
Yes. I know that. I am sorry that I might consider that you might disrespect that.
Please forgive me for such arrogance and ignorance..

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
"THWAPP!"
This thread has gone straight to hell, hasn't it?

Sticky panties and all.

We should get back to scriptures.

And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.

31 And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father [is] old, and [there is] not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:

32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

34 And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in,[and] lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

35 And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

36 Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sin doesn't exist.
In your opinion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I could be wrong but I think part of Ben's reason for the Mr. Wizard link was to try and prove that there wasn't a global flood. Someone had asked me where did all of that flood water go and I said that part of it evaporated, some of went to the polar ice regions and some of the water is under the earth (satellites have found water as huge as the artic ocean underneath Asia, for example).
"But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and He sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded." Genesis 8:1
So anyways, the answer is the seas have risen because the ancient polar ice caps are melting slowly but surely.
Ok. That is fair...but do you understand why?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Land locked ice melt.
As you're well aware, I'm sure, there isn't enough ice sitting on land to flood the world.
I surely am aware of that fact.
Thank you for showing your confidence in awareness of that fact .

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sticky panties and all.
And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.
31 And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father [is] old, and [there is] not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:
32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.
33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
34 And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in,[and] lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.
35 And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
That must've been a LOT of wine...

Take your pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Lot might have chosen both.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
Christianity became a little better after you quit.
Christianity improves every time anybody quits it. It will be best when it is dead.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. I know that. I am sorry that I might consider that you might disrespect that.
Please forgive me for such arrogance and ignorance..
If you come to my morgue when you die, you will be taken care of. When your loved ones come to identify you, they will be shown professionalism and compassion. I am not a robot. I wasn't built to be cruel.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Genesis is to be believed, "sin" came into the world when the deity placed the article of temptation in the presence of ignorant and innocent individuals.
That makes the deity responsible for the demise of those individuals, who he already knew did not possess the ability to tell right from wrong, let alone be arrogant enough to goad them(and all following generations) into a future of eternal misery and guilt.
How despicable is that?
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>You're a hacker right? Is it possible to create a program loyal to you with "genuine" freewill? If so or in theory, how would you propose it be done?
Obviously, one can create a program to meet one's design but how "would you know" that your program is autonomous and loyal to you at the same time?
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
One would have to "SET" the sets of the program TO NEVER VIOLATE the predetermined posits of the provisions of the "availability" of the operator(s)(owners) of the OS. That would be the first step.
If you set the sets of the program to never violate the 'availability'... then how is it ever going to make a freewill computation? Because you are "forcing" the program to go another way even though you made the availability to transgress available.

So really, the programmed item has no autonomy the way you set it. It has "no choice" but to do it your way and what one has is a toy... not something that genuinely "wants to" trust your judgement. But what if you instructed it not to go into that availability, gave the reason why, let the program know what would happen if it did go down that path and some how . let the program have the autonomy of making it's own decision? Now even though the program would do it your way all the time... at least the program has the "propensity" and ability of having freewill. So the decision it would make would be based on loyalty, faith and trust.

My point is, God put that "one tree" there for the same reasons... to generate the ability of having freewill. One tree out of possibly millions and millions of species (paths) to choose from.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>I probably would never have believed in witches and the like had not my late step-father been involved in Santeria. I've seen too many supernatural events and other visitors had confirmed seeing the same things occur... I've seen too much to deny the supernatural existence, on that front at least. I wasn't participating in those séances but as a kid had to be there in the vincinity. Anyways, those were unfortunate experiences that I wish never happened. As far as other kinds of magick, when one says that they are a wiccan yet they deny being a witch... just keep it in mind that they are really witches.
Other than that, I ne'er though I could preach original sin from a physics standpoint, I'm thankful for that insight.
I don't believe you even have the capacity to even understand or appropriate "magick", given your inappropriate and insane explanation of it.
I think(no, I know) you are blowing smoke up the "devils" ass on this one.
I will be more than glad to prove you wrong on any account you wish to posit in such a disrespectful advance.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you even have the capacity to even understand or appropriate "magick", given your inappropriate and insane explanation of it.
I think(no, I know) you are blowing smoke up the "devils" ass on this one.
I will be more than glad to prove you wrong on any account you wish to posit in such a disrespectful advance.
I don't know what else I could tell you Captain...'cept it's the truth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>When you see dragons in the Bible it is another name for serpent... also you might see "great dragon" which is a symbology for Egyptian power as the Pharaohs had a snake representation emanating from his crown.
You are just kidding right?
The snake is not even any comparison to the great dragon...and the Egyptians had nothing to do with the "great dragon" whatsoever.
Get an education for god's sake will you? Geeeeze!

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sticky panties and all.
So did Lot force himself on his daughters or did his daughters drug him... I mean, force themselves on their father?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I did mention that sin is missing the mark on an earlier post today.... we could possibly agree that it is a cause for degeneration of humanity (at least that is what I believe).
But no surprise in the sciences as it was already prophesied that these things will come to pass:
"But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll UNTIL the time of THE END. Many will go here and there TO INCREASE KNOWLEDGE."
Daniel 12:4
...doesn't the etymology of the word "science" mean "knowledge" or something to that effect?
Without "knowledge" you have no wisdom, without knowledge and wisdom, you have no means of proper discernment. Without the preceding elements, you have no basis for future cognition of eventual events.
It is what it is.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

"Thus says the Lord God:

“Behold, I am against you,
Pharaoh king of Egypt,
the great dragon that lies
in the midst of his streams,
that says,‘My Nile is my own..."

Ezekiel 29:3

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

"Egypt will become a desolate wasteland. Then they will know that I am the LORD. "'Because you said,'The Nile is mine, I made it,' "

Ezekiel 29:9

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>That must've been a LOT of wine...
Take your pick.
Lot might have chosen both.
My early years.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Always a pleasure, and yours as well.
Lemme ask you this; Do you think the current view of Judaic scripture is a recent development or has it always been as such, IE: They've always seen it as allegorical in all respects?
I ask because it seems that at the core of even current or past belief, they see a "supernatural" deity looking back at them, no matter how logically they approach it, and that applies to pretty much all deity beliefs.
Based on the volumes of Rabbinical literature, it has been the majority view since at least the first century BC.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••